The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
Seriously, no reaction or recognition out there? And no , I don't know their names, I just start to recognize them here and there and develop an appreciation. And it may be weird, but I almost never recognize female seiyus, maybe they all sound too much alike, or maybe they don't work as much and so aren't in as many things and so there's less of a chance I'll hear them enough to begin to be able to pick them out, I don't know.

But an edited version of my original list with highlights in Bold

Seiyus:

Unshou ISHIZUKA: Jet Black (Cowboy Bebop), Van Hohenheim (FMA Brotherhood), Marus (Guin Saga), Bunta (Initial D), Job Trunht (LOGH), Zabuza (Naruto), Sanga (FotNS), Kizaku (One Piece), Quent Yaiden (Wolf's Rain), and Ryuuzou Takehara (X'amd) are some of the bigger roles I've seen him in in some of the better animes, but his full lost of roles played is one of the biggest in the industry

Fumihiko TACHIKI: Kenpachi (Bleach), Mana Walker/Narrator (D.Gray-man), Gendou Ikari (Evangelion), Sloth (FMAB), Hasegawa/Narrator (Gintama), like 50+ different parts in Lucky Star, Akainu/Don Kreig (One Piece), Daedalus/Plaktu (Escaflowne), Yuichi Takagi (Wangan Midnight), Yuuichi Kirisaki (Yakitate!! Japan), and Talbo (Zegapain), another of the real powerhouses in anime

Kazuya NAKAI: Kanzo Mogi (Death Note), Miles (FMAB), Hijikata Toshirou (Gintama), Kouzou Etou (Nodame Cantabile), Karasu/Noein (Noein), Roronoa Zoro (One Piece), Mugen (Samurai Champloo), Shizuka Doumeki (xxxHolic)

Akira ISHIDA: Kaworu Nagisa (Evangelion), Ryūnosuke Uryū (Fate/Zero), Katsura Kotarou (Gintama), Athrun Zala (MS Gundam Seed), Gaara of the Desert (Naruto), and a whole bunch more stuff that I haven't seen yet

Wataru TAKAGI: Genta Kojima/Officer Takagi (Detective Conan), Eikichi Onizuka (GTO), Kenji (Initial D), Tobi (Naruto Shippuuden), Bellamy (One Piece), and lots of bit parts in things I've seen like Crackerjack (Outlaw Star)

Takehito KOYASU: Shin Kazama (Area 88), Dan Simmonds (Aregentosoma), Luck Gandor (Baccano!), Klowal Febdash (Banner of the Stars), Pesshe Gatiishe and a couple others (Bleach), Shigeru Aoba (Evangelion), Scar's Brother (FMAB), Jubei Kakei (Getbackers), Takasugi Shinsuke (Gintama), Ryousuke Takahashi (Initial D), Neo Roanoke/Mu La Flaga (MS Gundam Seed), Zechs Merquise/Milliardo Peacecraft (MS Gundam Wing), Aokiji (One Piece), Yuri Mihairokoh (Planetes), and many, many more, certified as the hardest working seiyu with 418 roles to his credit, more than 60 more than the next most prolific cast member on the list

Shinichiro MIKI: Makoto Shinjou (Area 88), Urahara Kisuke (Bleach), Assassin (Fate/stay night), Kurz Weber (Full Metal Panic!), Roy Mustang (FMA), Sakamoto Tatsuma (Gintama), Takumi Fujiwara (Initial D), Neil Dylandy/Lockon Stratos (MS Gundam 00), and Tatsuya Shima (Wangan Midnight) among again many other roles, demonstrating incredible versatility

Houchu OHTSUKA: George Miyagusuku (Blood+), Bill Collins (Gunsmith Cats), Yazan Gable (MS Zeta Gundam), Jiraya (Naruto), Masayoshi Kuki (RahXephon), and many other recognizable parts here and there, very distinct voice

Kazuhiko INOUE: Ryuu Takagi (BB), Nefee/Nereis (Banner of the Stars), Hatori Soma (Fruits Basket), Dusty Attemborough (LOGH), Keiichi Tamaru (Haruhi), Jerid Messa (MS Zeta Gundam), Kakashi Hatake (Naruto), Nyanko-san (Natsume Yujin-cho), and again so much more

And I'll second AOS- on Aya Hirano, one of the few female Seiyus that stands out for me

Looking over this list, a couple things are obvious. First, the Gundam franchize is extremely well funded and has gone out and gotten great voice actors as a top priority throughout the years. Second, while Initial D producers failed to get the best animators, they succeeded in betting the best voice actors, something I think many of us who enjoy the series can agree on.

To be honest I didn't like the Japanese voice for Jet in Cowboy Bebop. His voice was actually the reason I switched to the dub for that show. Pretty good for Bunta though.

And I like the little girls with guns (no pedo).

Finished rewatching Trigun. I forgot how awesome that show is. :D

Guess it's back to TTGL and Clannad.

And Sephy, you can't just call "no pedo". Tried that once... didn't get me very far. :P

Trinity Cross and Dancing in the Velvet Moon FTW

Rock Band + Orchestra = 60 billionfold Win.

Oh YEAH! This is what i'm talking about! 👍👍👍

Try Etsuraku Camellia, Koi No Yukushiryouku(the album version), Eternal Blaze. :D
I say it's three of the best apart from Trinity Cross and Velvet Moon.

tumblr_lkrvdmAcw61qf9wd7o1_400.gif
That was a giant ripoff of a scene in Equilibrium, but Gun kata just looks dumb tbh.

And you guy who don't know Hidan no Aria, I also take it you don't know Shakugan no Shana?

Seriously, no reaction or recognition out there?

AYA HIRANO! HIGH FIVE! *throws a party*

Finished rewatching Trigun. I forgot how awesome that show is. :D

Guess it's back to TTGL and Clannad.

And Sephy, you can't just call "no pedo". Tried that once... didn't get me very far. :P

LOVE Trigun! I need to watch it again soon.

Also how about this? No pedo
paranoid.gif

:lol:

EDIT: Equilibrium is a good movie.

*nose bleed*

ONEE-SAMA! Your love whip feels SO good!!! *moans*

edjt: I've been meaning to look for that photo, and was too lazy to screencap it even though I know which episode it was.

Ha! That's one good thing about having 12-15 year olds in this thread. For them, there's nothing loli about that picture! It's just the rest of us who have to feel like dirty bastards...

Well, if Buta was popping up out of "there" I could understand, they did some very exaggerated shots like that a few times, but generally I prefer my chicks more C-D cup, not DDDDD (needs a reduction). More like this:
1254-tengen-toppa-gurren-lagann-yoko-wallpaper-1600x1087-customity.jpeg

See, still, hot, not bulging and gross.

Also, Cano, are you sure your crush wasn't on Caldina?

images

Also the subject of inappropriate cosplay
caldina.jpg

and action figures
4882380235_944a228cfe.jpg

Edit: haha! Just found out, thought that was Osaka-ben!

Or maybe you have a thing for Mokono?
images

also the subject of food-art
3477906459_f0e9e5717a_o.jpg

boo-BOO-bup-BOO!

ha ha! I guess I'm getting into MKR!

@Sephy, yup, that's my Yoko!

Last edited:
At least yoko doesn't have female issues :lol:

Also, I agree with Sephy: Equilibrium was a great movie..

As far as Kuroko goes, she's in love with another girl so she doesn't count.

Biribiri, on the other hand... :drool:

Oh and i see Revy and Yoko but none of this woman.

BeBop_faye_sexy.jpg

👍

You mean a 23 year old anime based on a previous manga which is being remade for the fourth time.. Hate to say it, but the trailer for Appleseed XIII looks like really bad CG. The original was great in its day, and I assume the manga rocked, but this just looks like somebody trolling for old material to rehash.

Edit: oh, and I forgot to say:

yes, and
yes!

Last edited:
Appleseed is so old it's moldy. no offence, I'm just making a joke. :P

+1 on jeff's thoughts about fan artists buffing boobs sizes... hate it myself. Call me weird, but I always dislike it when artists put a pair of super-sized mountains on girls who are originally as flat as an ironing board.

Appleseed is so old it's moldy. no offence, I'm just making a joke. :P

+1 on jeff's thoughts about fan artists buffing boobs sizes... hate it myself. Call me weird, but I always dislike it when artists put a pair of super-sized mountains on girls who are originally as flat as an ironing board.

+1 to both statements here.

Although you do a great job of picking Asuka shots that just barely don't cross the line into too much! :lol:

A lot of Asuka pics he posts usually feature buffed boobs... so I don't know know where your line is sitting. :lol:

Back