The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
"Why haven't you started yet?!?!?!?" is what I'm thinking..

Watch the show. You too, nk4e...

dont_be_afraid.png

I still need to finish Fate/Stay Night (btw there is a strong possibility that Rin will join my harem of waifus(or maybe Sakura but probably Rin)) and Index II.

However what do you recommend I start afterwards? My toss up is between Clannad and K-ON!.

Last edited:
@AOS, Kotomi needs to look more freaked out by Kyou ;)

Randy and Andy are not pleased.

Randy, expel your Tomoyoism on this poor child!

:lol: Sorry, but I prefer the more Calm, Quiet, and Smart type. :P

@Sephy You shall watch the first episode of Clannad now, cancel out this tab, and go watch it, don't come back until you finish it.
trollpix.gif

@Sephy You shall watch the first episode of Clannad now, cancel out this tab, and go watch it, don't come back until you finish it.
trollpix.gif

I see what you did there and no :P :lol:

You ALL fail. None of you even mentioned Nausicaa. Epic. Fail.

Ha ha! Yeah, Ryou could use some schooling in the history of anime eventually, but I tried not to recommend anything more than 15 years old (Bebop just makes it under at 13 years...) Nausicaa's over 25 years old, but you're right, I forgot to include it in my favorite Miyazaki list, it would bump somebody off, Porco Rosso I guess, and probably land above Ponyo, too.

You ALL fail. None of you even mentioned Nausicaa. Epic. Fail.

Nausicaa's better than Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, that's for sure.

I'm more partial to Princess Mononoke and Castle In The Sky.

Though really, Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle really are the only Miyazaki works that I don't particularly care for. Worth watching 'em once for the excellent animation, but they felt vapid compared to his other films.

Haven't yet gotten around to watching Kiki's Delivery Service, Porco Rosso or Ponyo though.

Jeff even if Cowboy Bebop were over 15 years old it would still be up there. By far one of the best anime ever created.

I'm still older than Evangelion, I think.

Yep, a quick check determines that it was first shown October of the year I was born.

So many young'uns here! :P

Drunk picture post inbound any minute...

EDIT: Here it is. So many pictures I had to just pick a handful. Usually drunk picture posts are 100% Asuka but I made it my personal mission to have one with 0% Asuka. It was hard work but I made it happen. I'll post more at a later time:

1295736027429.jpg

743bf33e2fac3d9264d175f8cdd9a4a4.jpg

1276075487431.jpg

1281933949439.jpg

9a395f80334922596a176aa9cb843126.jpg

1286010413628.jpg

ed6b4c7263fdf1865787a9830be2a7df.jpg

1287904207108.jpg

Oh and another wallpaper:

955116451.png

Last edited:
NSFW almost. Kuroneko!!!!!

@Ryou, while Kotomi meets that criteria of yours, she's also dopey and can't play a violin. Kyou's energetic and social which defeats this.

LMAO I almost mentioned it actually but didn't.

Ha ha! Yeah, Nausicaa's over 25 years old, but you're right, I forgot to include it in my favorite Miyazaki list, it would bump somebody off, Porco Rosso I guess, and probably land above Ponyo, too.

Nausicaa's better than Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle, that's for sure.

Blah, blah, was going to but no, I forgot, I suck... EPIC FAIL I SAY.

Well, Yay did say it was good but he didn't mention it earlier so he fails too. Watch Nausicaa whoever hasn't, it's awesome.

As for Ponyo, which many here haven't seen, it's awesome too but not in an epic way, but in a childish, too cute way. It's an amazing, tender child's story, much in the tradition of Totoro, with amazing animation that is epic and cute at the same time.

Also, scantily clad cat girls... wtf.

I want Mari.

^ :scared:

NSFW almost. Kuroneko!!!!!

@Ryou, while Kotomi meets that criteria of yours, she's also dopey and can't play a violin. Kyou's energetic and social which defeats this.

Well, I also am rather dopey in person :P. Besides, the fact she can't play Violin well, but still likes it nevertheless is what I like, rather dertimination.

@Sephy Less of Miku, more Luka. :dopey:

Last edited:
Why not moar BRS Characters??

384747.jpg

Death_sythe.jpg

447px-Black-rock-shooter-the-game-arte-003.jpg

830px-Underworld_balkan.jpg

btw How's my avatar holding up? I used Imageshack instead of uploading through computer this time.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about Stein's Gate at the moment.

Stop thinking about it and start watching it, lol. But seriously, I was the same as you and was unsure about it but gave the first ep ago and got hooked. 13 episodes have aired so far and it's already looking like it could knock ClannadAS from from my #1 spot(thats if it can manage to not take a dive and keeps up the quality, which I'm sure it will as it's only gotten better). This would be quite the achievement as thats been my altime favourite since it aired back in '09.

Welcome to the NHK!
Higashi no Eden.

check my list, pretty much anything thats 9 and above I would recommend to anyone, with some 8's too.

Stop thinking about it and start watching it, lol. But seriously, I was the same as you and was unsure about it but gave the first ep ago and got hooked. 13 episodes have aired so far and it's already looking like it could knock ClannadAS from from my #1 spot(thats if it can manage to not take a dive and keeps up the quality, which I'm sure it will as it's only gotten better). This would be quite the achievement as thats been my altime favourite since it aired back in '09.

Welcome to the NHK!
Higashi no Eden.

check my list, pretty much anything thats 9 and above I would recommend to anyone, with some 8's too.

:eek: You dropped elfen lied? Why?

Back