The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
Sephy, who was that on your latest wallpaper? I know it and it's driving me nuts trying to remember!

Also, slutty in your face Asukas are far less appealing to me than energetic oblivious ones like in Sephy's avatar.

Sephy, who was that on your latest wallpaper? I know it and it's driving me nuts trying to remember!

Kirino from Ore no Imouto.

Also I don't think the look she has in my avatar is oblivious at all.

Am I the only one in this thread who doesn't find this Mari girl, "Attractive"?

I don't find her attractive either 👍

But I will still post her for Cano!

:indiff: Who said this room wasn't the first floor?!

Anyways, out of shows to watch, time for more recommendations please.

I'll have a recommendation when I switch to my laptop. In the man time, post what you already watched.

also, inb4theEVA,TTGL,CG

As you wish! :dopey:

Initial D 1st-4th stage
Wangan Midnight
Clannad/After story
K-ON!/K-ON!!
K-ON Specials
Lucky Star/OVA
The World God Only Knows
Air
Initial D Extra Stage 1/2
Last, and least, Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

:P

Ahahahaha.

Ryou! *points to the door*

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Also Ryou I don't know if you've seen Death Note and yeah it had crazy stupid popularity but it was a pretty good show IMO.

Also Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star, and Tenchi. And check out Blue Submarine Number 6. It's only like 4 episodes come on.

Last edited:
Kanon (2006), World God only Knows II, My Little Sister can't be this Cute, Haruhi Suzimiya Series, Angel Beats, GOSICK, Bakuman, Death Note, Shakuga no Shana, Majutsu no Index (and Kagaku no Railgun to follow it up).

also, I thought you said you watched La Cordo D'Oro ~ primo passo....

I second all of Sephy's recommendations. Well, except for Blue Sub No.6... I own it but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. It's probably good though. :P

I'd also recommend Full Metal Panic, His and Her Circumstances, Planetes, and Jyu-Oh-Sei... among others.

I second all of Sephy's recommendations. Well, except for Blue Sub No.6... I own it but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet. It's probably good though. :P

Once again it's only 4 episodes come on :P

I'd also recommend Full Metal Panic, His and Her Circumstances, Planetes, and Jyu-Oh-Sei... among others.

Ah yes Full Metal Panic! is awesome! It's 3 seasons (one completely silly) and a special (also silly) but this show has a lot of action, comedy, fan service (the good kind(<3 Tessa)) and is just a great show. I have Planetes and want to watch it badly but I need to knock a few other shows out first.

As you wish! :dopey:

Initial D 1st-4th stage
Wangan Midnight
Clannad/After story
K-ON!/K-ON!!
K-ON Specials
Lucky Star/OVA
The World God Only Knows
Air
Initial D Extra Stage 1/2
Last, and least, Mahou Shoujo Madoka&#9733;Magica

:P

Well, you've got a whole world to explore. If you want to keep going with the Clannad/Lucky Star kinds of anime, the next thing you should watch is the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. If you want to try another racing-themed anime, check out Capeta.

If however you'd like to dabble in broadening your horizons:

Fantasy adventure: Moribito
seirei-no-moribito.jpg

Psychological robot drama: Evangelion
evangelion1.jpg

Samurai action comedy: Samurai Champloo
4932.jpg

Awesome epic movies by Miyazaki, touching, incredibly good, lots of coming of age stuff, start with Spirited Away
spirited_away_big.jpg1055968639

Dark comedy, otaku, slice of life, Welcome to the NHK
A6357-9.jpg

But probably before anything else, Space Western Action and one of the best animes ever, Cowboy Bebop!
Cowboy+Bebop.jpg

Oh yes WATCH Spirited Away. Right now. Hit the X on the top right of your browser and watch this movie then don't come back until you are done. Howl's Moving Castle is very good too.

Totoro, and Grave of the Fireflies.....

to keep a boy-ish bias on your watchlist, watch Gundam.... get exposed to Mechas... cool mechas, EVA's got nothing on Gundams :P

and when you think your ready for ecchi, hit me up :sly:

Nice, I think I might get started on Haruhias I've heard of it, and, Slice of Life, Comedy, and some Drama has always been my favorite area.

@Sephy Later. :P

@AOS- I'm always ready ;)

Oh yes WATCH Spirited Away. Right now. Hit the X on the top right of your browser and watch this movie then don't come back until you are done. Howl's Moving Castle is very good too.

Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are my two least favorite Studio Ghibli films. :P

Boo! Well, Howl's isn't one of my favorites, either. But Spirited Away, Totoro, Whispers of the Heart, Ponyo, and Porco Rosso are probably my top five. Princess Mononoke is too direct, and so maybe my least favorite, albeit with the best action of any Ghibli, and all Ghibli is good.

Totoro, and Grave of the Fireflies.....

to keep a boy-ish bias on your watchlist, watch Gundam.... get exposed to Mechas... cool mechas, EVA's got nothing on Gundams :P

and when you think your ready for ecchi, hit me up :sly:

I agree with Gundam. EVA doesn't compare though because the EVAs

aren't mechas

LOL @ ecchi. Just go with BB and get it over with :P

Two movies in which Disney co-operated with? Better not be cheesy.

They are definitely not cheesy. Disney just did the localization. Princess Mononoke was pretty good IMO. Lots of action. But Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle are two of my favorite Miyazaki films. And yeah Grave Of The Fireflies is very good.

Last edited:
Back