The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
I'm doing just fine Sephy, thanks! :) Downloading some music before going to sleep, and you???

Doing great! :) Only have 3 episodes of Deadwood left so I am trying to finish it.

Where get EVA cake thing?!

Thanks!

Started taking orders 3 days ago. Ships in October. No option to switch the Premium Bandai website to English. No idea how to order that thing :lol:

Funny thing in one of the descriptions I read it says the knife can't actually cut the cake. lawl.

Also found a similar thing was made last year but with Rei. How come whenever they do "sets" like that the Rei version always comes out way before the Asuka version? *frowny face*

That knife is a pain in the butt to make. It IS however 10 times easier with plastic, then spray painted a metallic gray.

I'M FINALLY DONE!

yurippe3.png

Time for the bed.

..and because of you, i'm going to go watch Haruhi season 2 and the movie.

Good night everyone! (good day to those across the pond)

Btw, it looks like pencil, but in fact it was drawn entirely in black ballpoint pen from beginning to end. Explains why I took so long, since mistakes cannot be undone.

how are the rest of you with the Avatrend 3.0 (current avatars)? you guys getting bored of them yet? :lol:

I love it but to be honest kind of thinking of switching it .:indiff:You know since i had Rin okumura before these epic avatars came out.Ehh im thinking about it.

Oh and if you didn't notice i can go on my laptop now :P

How did I get so good? Are you saying you seen previous works you found awful?!?!

.... HOW DID YOU KNOW??? :lol:

tbh I don't have a solid answer. I haven't drawn anime a whole lot, still find it tricky. As for drawing in general, been doing it for almost 16 years....

I guess I have improved somewhat, I mean look at these drawings I've done in the past:

jubei_sketch_by_destryker17-d34g6nn.png

shizuku_sangou_01_by_destryker17-d37jvvs.png

mechabuki_sketch_by_destryker17-d39vx3a.png

They look awful, but in defense of the 2nd and 3rd, I wasn't drawing from observation.

http://destryker17.deviantart.com/gallery/27995666

Last edited:
How did I get so good? Are you saying you seen previous works you found awful?!?!

.... HOW DID YOU KNOW??? :lol:

tbh I don't have a solid answer. I haven't drawn anime a whole lot, still find it tricky. As for drawing in general, been doing it for almost 16 years....

I guess I have improved somewhat, I mean look at these drawings I've done in the past:

jubei_sketch_by_destryker17-d34g6nn.png

shizuku_sangou_01_by_destryker17-d37jvvs.png

mechabuki_sketch_by_destryker17-d39vx3a.png

They look awful, but in defense of the 2nd and 3rd, I wasn't drawing from observation.

http://destryker17.deviantart.com/gallery/27995666

Even these are better than what i draw now .:guilty::( By how did you get so good i mean like I suck at drawing and i want to find a way to get better since im not very good at it :l

I can't draw, seriously...
Oh, and I'm still watching Katanagatari. Currently at episode 8... and Togame still looks kawaii even with short hair. :P

nice ball-pen sketch, man. I know how working in ballpen is, it's one of my favourite media. If you are smooth with it you can achieve some amazing effects.

And youcertaoinly have improved, a LOT I'd say, over your previous work. Altough, your most recent work, I reckon, was made with reference pictures?

Man, that sketch looks even better than the show (in my opinion). 16 years is a long time to have been doing something, and the experience shows. Nice work 👍

I reckon, was made with reference pictures?

Indeed I did say from "observation".. which means there is no excuse for it to be bad....

Yurippe-angel-beats-12358915-326-440.jpg

Again, 16 years of drawing, not anime specifically. That Jubei sketch was done like...last December?

Now watch Angel Beats! It's an amazing modern-era show, so don't expect some old-school mecha stuff. IMO, it has everything that makes a show very entertaining (nowadays); action, comedy, romance (just ever so little of it), and more and more comedy.

Nice drawing skills, AOS-.

Just got done watching episode 6 of Clannad. This ****'s too damn sappy. :P

Not yet, nor do I want to. I'm not great with colours, but if there's one thing I can do that most (anime drawing) people choose not to do, it's Black and White art... I do'nt want to sell crappy work, be proud and known for this quality of work that's not up to snuff. :P

Hey! check this out. I just bought this drawing off this guy.

Meh I've seen better.

Well I think it's good, he's pretty proud of it he says.

Bahahaha are you forreal? The head's too big, and the lines are messy! Look! What's there to be proud of?

^

Indeed, now I suggest you stop watching it. It's terrible, to me, at least. The whole witch fighting thing is just crazy, and not that impressing. Again, also to me. :lol:

Back