The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
^ Are you reading the blue exorcist manga? I've read two volumes or something like 7 or 8 chapters and I'm enjoying it so far, but I've heard the anime isn't too great.

^ Are you reading the blue exorcist manga? I've read two volumes or something like 7 or 8 chapters and I'm enjoying it so far, but I've heard the anime isn't too great.

Hell yeah!Why wouldn't i?! Not enough real episodes :guilty: Hmm im gonna check how many i've read.

Edit: Oh im on chapter 19.

Oh cool, I'm miles behind you as I dont read manga online I always buy it like a moron and theres only 2 volums out at the moment. It's been above par for a shounen series so far though, it just a shame I've got to wait like 2 months between volumes lol

^Oh not sure if you have reached it yet but theres a BIG suprise at one point.

Edit:🤬 Noo!Im on chapter 26 on the Ao No Exorcist manga and 26 isn't out yet!Im gonna have to wait then :(

And god this thread is dead as hell!

Last edited:
Started watching C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. Two episodes in so far. Pretty interesting.... I think I like it. Not entirely sure though. :P

Started watching C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control. Two episodes in so far. Pretty interesting.... I think I like it. Not entirely sure though. :P

I liked it up until episode 8, then it felt really rushed. If it was longer then It would have been a lot better IMO.

I thought it was gonna be 26 episodes. I mean, it says something about 26 episodes in the freakin ending sequence.

I thought it was gonna be 26 episodes. I mean, it says something about 26 episodes in the freakin ending sequence.

Yeah, I noticed that. Kinda weird. Maybe it was meant to be 26 but had to be shortened for some reason?

Anyway, decided it was time for a cool anime wallpaper. And C's got a pretty cool style, so...

Screen_shot_2011-07-09_at_11.49.06_PM.png

Might be cutting it a little close with the AUP. But she's got cloth covering the nipples so it's all good, right? :P

Started [c] as well, but it hasn't capture my attention...

and the ao no exorcist anime is SOOOO BORINGGG.

Ahhh...The thread has been revived!And yes the Ao No Exorcist anime is boring .alot. But the manga is pure epicness.to me anyway..

Trying to think of what to put for my avatar no ideas at all!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnd the thread died again. Bad reviving priests!

Last edited:
It does, but there's a certain way you have to watch it so it goes chronologically like it does in the novel.

The bolded ones are season 2. And of course you don't need to watch all Endless Eight. Maybe the first seventh, and eighth.

01: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya I
02: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya II
03: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya III
04: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
05: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya V
06: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI
07: The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
08: Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody
09: Mysterique Sign
10: Lone Island Syndrome I
11: Lone Island Syndrome II
12: Endless Eight
13: Endless Eight
14: Endless Eight
15: Endless Eight
16: Endless Eight
17: Endless Eight
18: Endless Eight
19: Endless Eight
20: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya I
21: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya II
22: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya III
23: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya IV
24: The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya V

25: The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00
26: Live A Live
27: Day of Sagittarius
28: Someday in the Rain

Then the movie,

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya.

Endless Eight sets the stage for Disappearance though.

Last edited:
And don't forget the movie after the series,endless eight is just too painful to watch(however there is a small progression of events,if you want, watch the first version of endless eight then the last one,the other 6 does not worth the effort unless you really like the animation).

And its good to see someone else who is watching Nichijou(I think there is a new one today).

And its good to see someone else who is watching Nichijou(I think there is a new one today).

Yup, just finished watching 15. Nichijou is one of my favorite comedies, along with Mitsudomoe, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, & School Rumble.

I don't get why it isn't very popular. Or at least, it doesn't seem very popular.

Last edited:
Yup, just finished watching 15. Nichijou is one of my favorite comedies, along with Mitsudomoe, Shinryaku! Ika Musume, & School Rumble.

I don't get why it isn't very popular. Or at least, it doesn't seem very popular.

Same here,along with Seitokai no ichizon,Azumanga Daioh(however that one is quite popular),Seto no hayanome and perhaps Hayate no gotoku(season 1,the second is really bad),Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei,I could name more but my memory constantly betrays me,however I will say that my favourite comedy is School Rumble,its such a shame that people miss these series.

Maybe they are not that popular because they are not as referenced as Lucky star,or Eva,or Haruhi or K-ON!,its just the amount of references that makes a series popular,but that's just my opinion.

Same here,along with Seitokai no ichizon,Azumanga Daioh(however that one is quite popular),Seto no hayanome and perhaps Hayate no gotoku(season 1,the second is really bad),Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei,I could name more but my memory constantly betrays me,however I will say that my favourite comedy is School Rumble,its such a shame that people miss these series.

Maybe they are not that popular because they are not as referenced as Lucky star,or Eva,or Haruhi or K-ON!,its just the amount of references that makes a series popular,but that's just my opinion.

lol, I have actually watched those other series myself, (minus Seto no Hayanome). There's another good one I'm trying to remember... the ones with the Angeloids, and Nypmh, and that pervert.

Sora no Otoshimono. That's it. I only seen the first season and I thought it was hilarious.

And yes, shame really. But it's also due to having a stronger fanbase that makes it popular.

I went to an anime shop today.. place kinda grosses me out.

Yeah, that place doesn't sound terribly legit to me. My local shop has cases full of figures and official merchandise, with walls of DVDs, books, games and gunpla... :drool: I could spend so much money in there, if I had it...

Happy Birthday Muzaffar Musa

Thanks Jon, but it would have been better if you wished me on Facebook. :P
Oh, and sadly I didn't get to watch any anime today, but however I did get to celebrate my birthday at a maid cafe! :D

Happy birthday Muza.

I've got a present! but it'll have to wait; Im stealing the wifi at Wacky Wings while in a Pho restaurant :lol:

also ,I'll double up on jeff's comment; I've got a Miku plushie at gunpoint!

edjt: lol my sig in this post went MIA

Last edited:
Ok Cano, up to only episode 4 of season 2 of MKR, but I had to stop and comment about all the automotive references! In the first series, it was just Ascot (old British car and modern Honda), Alcione (the Alcyone is the Subaru SVX), and Caldina (Toyota wagon). Now already in the 2nd season we have Lantis (Mazda wagony thing), Autozam (Mazda AZ-1), and NSX! What's going on here? Am I reading too much into this? Is this it or are there going to be more of these kinds of references?

Back