The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
That's an awful opinion :P

but in anycase, TTGL's art style looks nicer than CG's...There was another show I recall having an epic atyle style and it wasn't moe either..

TTGL's art style is cooler and certainly more unique, but I wouldn't say it's nicer. Certainly wouldn't be nicer for a more dramatic and serious show like Code Geass.

+1.
All of them look like sticks... :lol: (especially Lelouch)

This guy thinks like me. High 5.

Actually I'm not surprised if you're into that art style now that I think about it....

edjit: Can you tell I'm bored? I was bored enough to actually draw something today.

kaminasketch2.gif

totally screwed up the eye placement on the 2nd one :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks! I'm actually in the middle of another drawing at the moment, and boy do I take my sweet time.

I miss drawing everything in pen only. Mechanical Pencils feel weird and Wooden pencils always get dull... I'm envious of those who can draw with pencil and not smudge their work :lol:

edit: FFFFUUUUU I DREW THE EYES TOO FAR APART! Should I keep going or start again?

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I'm really bad or you're really good, pretty sure it's the latter as them drawings look bloody brilliant.

I'm not as bad as some other people who draw this stuff more frequently than I do. I have enough confidence (not evidence) to back that statement up so confuse that with arrogance, please. :sly:

Like your avatar btw.

Btw btw, how are the rest of you with the Avatrend 3.0 (current avatars)? you guys getting bored of them yet? :lol:

Btw btw, how are the rest of you with the Avatrend 3.0 (current avatars)? you guys getting bored of them yet? :lol:

To be honest? I am currently loving my avatar! The only request I have for the next one is maybe an avatar where she looks kinda pissed/frustrated lol. This one I have right now is great though.

I think your drawings look very good. Also remember you are your biggest critic lol. You'll see faults with your own work that no one else will.

Speaking of Noel I forgot to add BlazBlue to the list. I enjoyed it but I still have yet to play the re-release of that one either.

<3 Noel though:

1246936003865.jpg

EDIT: Computer picked another anime wallpaper:

84451515151.png

I'm not as bad as some other people who draw this stuff more frequently than I do. I have enough confidence (not evidence) to back that statement up so confuse that with arrogance, please. :sly:

Like your avatar btw.

Cheers, it's Shiina Mayuri from Steins;Gate(which everyone should be watching)

Are you the avatar guy like, I'm guessing this is how everyone here has the same style of avatar with the names down the side and such?

You bet I am.

Why are chicks with audio gear so hot?

Crud, got an hour to finish this drawing (which was supposed to be a sketch ideally).... gotta get MARVELous on my friend....Fatal Claw!

edjit: Just thought of something: What if we had avatars where it's simply an icon, badge or object that symbolizes or represents a character? Kinda like Marvel 3 Icons (know where I'm getting at, nk4e?)

Last edited:
Stop! Four pages to read through since I left for work! Craziness people! (Haven't looked to see what kind of stuff it is yet, may be great, in which case, by all means, continue! :))

The Haruhi movie is really that good?

You mean great. Yes.

Edit: and you really can skip the 2nd season, unless you have oodles of time, and come back to it when you want to complete the haruhi experience years later.

chiyo-chan-angry.jpg

Quit picking on me!!!

Edit: I'll save a post to reply to the one below by editing this one... yeah, was reading through and forgot to figure out how to "quote" a reply into editing my last post. Did think of it belatedly. I'm busted...

Last edited:
They are not random at all. In fact, there is an intricate pattern in which kind of picture gets posted next; the character, the art style, portrait or landscape.... Rykon can define this for you in one sentence.

I didn't say I was into vocaloids, I just said I like the appearance of women wearing headphones and such.... screw vocaloids... Take non-vocaloid chick + headphones > Vocaloids....

The pictures? The pictures all lead back to one point: a man's soul. Most of these are what the man's soul desires, be it a beautiful woman, beautiful scenery, or beautiful women in beautiful scenery. Other pictures are what the man's soul desires to be. Manliness, chivalry, awesomeness.

While the pictures themselves may lead a trail of thought for the collective that is this thread, one must also read the text between, and more importantly, know that while a picture may stimulate your soul a certain way in a certain place, it may stimulate another's soul in a different way, in a different place.

And finally, for others, they are hardwired to see everything as a nail, even when the situation calls for a saw.

Manliness, chivalry, awesomeness
=Gintama, sometimes

vlcsnap2011070723h41m33.jpg

Yeah, just saw ep 214. Every once in a while Gintama gives us a great fight episode, and this was the first one in the new Gintama', and it's been building up for a while. What else can I say about Gintama? More of you should watch it. Rated very high to tops on many anime bests lists. Great comedy, some real drama, some great action (no romance, though maybe some bromance... heh heh.) Takes some maturity and sophistication to appreciate some of the humor, though much of it is over-the-top low-brow. Animation is frequently pointed to as its weak point, but it does the job and doesn't get in the way of the story, and for me, no CG is a big plus.

Cheers, it's Shiina Mayuri from Steins;Gate(which everyone should be watching)

Tutturu!

I picked it up last week and got caught up to the latest episode. I love it 👍

There's a lot of anime that got licensed recently that I'm gonna pick up, most notably Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, and Squid Girl.

Back