The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
Yup. The second season was most known for it's Endless Eight, for which 8 of the 13 episodes broadcasted were different variations of one episode because they were stuck in a time loop. There was a lot of otaku rage, but I felt it was necessary so you sympathize for Nagato.

The movie was pretty good too.

Yeah, the endless 8 pretty much drove me crazy. Very brave and interesting concept, admirable storytelling and all that, but to be honest, after the first few I skipped through most of the remaining episodes until it got to the end. What do they say, beating a dead horse?

The pictures? The pictures all lead back to one point: a man's soul. Most of these are what the man's soul desires, be it a beautiful woman, beautiful scenery, or beautiful women in beautiful scenery. Other pictures are what the man's soul desires to be. Manliness, chivalry, awesomeness.

While the pictures themselves may lead a trail of thought for the collective that is this thread, one must also read the text between, and more importantly, know that while a picture may stimulate your soul a certain way in a certain place, it may stimulate another's soul in a different way, in a different place.

And finally, for others, they are hardwired to see everything as a nail, even when the situation calls for a saw.

Wow nice post!

Yup.

The movie was pretty good too. But it's long, almost 3 hours I think.

Yeah it's the same length as Transformers 3.

In non anime related news I just want to blow off some steam. Tonight made the second time I've been pulled over by a state trooper who thought I wasn't wearing a seatbelt... I always wear my seatbelt. Officer it's 2am I am tired and want to go home!

In non anime related news I just want to blow off some steam. Tonight made the second time I've been pulled over by a state trooper who thought I wasn't wearing a seatbelt... I always wear my seatbelt. Officer it's 2am I am tired and want to go home!

That sucks. The other night I got pulled over in my Eva for not wearing a plugsuit. :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness the reason he pulled me over didn't upset me. My truck only has lap belts and I guess most of these young cops don't know cars didn't used to have shoulder belts. What upset me is when he asked how much I had had to drink and when I said nothing she shined his flashlight in my eyes and then made me follow his finger with my eyes. Then he asked me where I was coming from and where I was going. Then he wanted to see my license. I just know he was trying to find something to get me for.

Sir, you thought I didn't have my seatbelt on. I did. What's with all this extra BS? That is what made me angry lol.

Ok back to anime.

3 animes and 1 movie.

3?!

You have season 1, season 2, and the adventures of Haurhi-chan. I got pulled over for almost a DUI since I was drinking Green Tea.

I am so going to draw a picture of Noel.... nekkid.

Do it, onegaishimasu!!! :D

Oh, and I just started watching Katanagatari a few hours ago... and ermmm... I find it hard to watch being distracted by everything else. (only watched 2 episodes so far)

Drawing nekkid people is 30 times easier than drawing them with clothes.....life drawing classes said so.

Drawing nekkid people is 30 times easier than drawing them with clothes.....life drawing classes said so.

Then screw drawing clothed people, draw us 30 times as many nekkid people! :D

You are doing the right thing!

EDIT: OADA

1242537996415.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, that’s pretty borderline too. And pretty generic, I wouldn’t know she was Asuka by… I was gonna say her hair locks, but she doesn’t even have those. Is she Asuka? O_o

Not that I’m complaining, whoever she is, heh.

Haha yeah it's her. You can definitely tell by the hair (DAT HAIR). Besides it isn't borderline. You can see that in a Sears catalog! :P

Just finished watching the 5th episode of Katanagatari, and will be watching the 6th one shortly. Then I'll continue watching it later after some good sleep. Anyhow, I think I just can't get enough of Togame...

kata-77.png

Cheerio!!! :D

Me likey that Asuka pic.

And I must admit, that Togame pic is pretty damn adorable.

Last edited:
Tutturu!

I picked it up last week and got caught up to the latest episode. I love it 👍

There's a lot of anime that got licensed recently that I'm gonna pick up, most notably Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Steins;Gate, and Squid Girl.

Yeah, I done the exact same thing, it's totally blown me away with it's epicness, and I will without doubt be picking it up on bluray or dvd when funimation get round to it. Madoka Magica might also get a buy from me.

Side note: Usagi Drop was pretty heart-wrenching.

Good to know, I was hoping for a good drama since AnoHana turned out to be trash. I'll give it a few weeks, say 3 or 4, so I can go at my own pace when ready.

Starting season 2 of Magic Knight Rayearth.

Also still catching the occasional episode of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, here's a funny snapshot from the most recent episode, demonstrating how old-school it is with poor language editing
vlcsnap2011070821h06m47.jpg

I think that's supposed to be DANGER... about to poison gas a colony, yeah, I'm betting that's danger. :lol:

Whenever I'm going to have a bad day, I think I'm just going to cool off, by making a drawing while listening to music...

Yeah, do that. No more posts until it's one of something you've drawn. Or at least a link to it if it's not exactly, um, AUPpropriate...:sly:

Whenever I'm going to have a bad day, I think I'm just going to cool off, by making a drawing while listening to music...

That's a great idea! I wish I could draw...

In any case post up what you create like you've been doing please!

Hey Mo what's up?

Back