The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,123 comments
The Mazda and AMG are the easiest imo however if you like something else it will work.

I can get 157s with both of these cars but it takes practice. Try to cut the kerbs at every chance especially the middle section where you gain the most advantage. The last 3 corners will allow you to gain time as well but this will take the most amount of practice in my experience.

If I try it again I will save the replay and upload.

To win this mission, you should lap consistently in 1:58 / 1:59, no matter the car and no matter the strategy (1 pit or 2 pits).

But how? The 2'00 its almost a mission impossible to me. The 1'59 is the best best luck. So it's a race for pro elite? It's even harder than that Sony AI thing.
You can, I did with the controller. I drove with almost all GR3. I drove a lot on Lake Maggiore to improve my best lap. It's really tough. The first time that I was able to finish better than the 15th, was with the Mazda RX Vision Concept. This car has very good handling, and tires can last 9 laps which were not enough for me, this car is not fast enough and I was not able to reach the top 10 I ended 11. After a couple of training, I came back to this human comedy and after many attempts with other cars, I was able to finish 7th with the Ford GT LM Concept. This is one of the fastest cars I did some laps under 1.57 with the controller. But this car didn't allow me to keep tires with good handling for more than 8 laps, it gets very tail. So, then I was very happy when I was able to finish 2e with the Aston Martin Vantage, very fast, and with good handling, I was able to change tires every 10 laps, but for some reason, I noticed, the pit stop lasted longer than others. Finally, I found the car that suited me when you race with a controller. The Peugeot RCZ GR3, this car is fast, it has very good handling even with degraded tires. Tires can last 10 laps at the first pit stop and 11 laps at the second pit stop. You need to trust yourself and fill just enough of your tank to reach the next pit stop in order to stay ahead of the BMW or the Supra. 10 laps mean you have to fill your tank 10.1 no more. 11 mean fill for 11.1. My average speed was 1.58 - 1.59. It is tough with the controller to keep clear laps for an hour. As you can see in my picture the last lap was stressful, look at the Supra behind me. Not to mention I took a 0.5-sec penalty due to the stress of the race during my last lap. By the way, I used medium tires during the race. Hard tires didn't allow me to reach 1.58. Just FYI. fast cars I drove: Ford GT LM, Aston Vantage, Genesis, and Peugeot RCZ. Better handling: Peugeot RCZ, Mazda RX Vision, Porsche RSR, Volk GTI Vision. Cheaper in gas: Porsche RSR, Peugeot RCZ, Lamborghini Huracan, Jaguar F-Type. The worst cars I drove. GT by Citroen, Mitsubishi Lancer, Vols Beetle.

Attachments

• 20230702_011816.jpg
    20230702_011816.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Just FYI. fast cars I drove: Ford GT LM, Aston Vantage, Genesis, and Peugeot RCZ. Better handling: Peugeot RCZ, Mazda RX Vision, Porsche RSR, Volk GTI Vision. Cheaper in gas: Porsche RSR, Peugeot RCZ, Lamborghini Huracan, Jaguar F-Type. The worst cars I drove. GT by Citroen, Mitsubishi Lancer, Vols Beetle.
We are having quite a bit different experience here, this is how much driving style needs to fit the car.
E.g. Beetle was one of my fastest finishes.

Last edited:
I tried this event again today with the RX-Vision GT3 Concept, and I was over 20 seconds behind the winner. However, I think I might benefit from changing my strategy. When I tried this event the last couple times, I went for a one-stop on the mediums with the FM on 3, ideally pitting halfway through at the end of the lap 15. But it sounds like from some of the posts here that I should instead put the FM on 1, and do a two-stop on mediums instead. That may cut down my lap times quite a bit, too, since my typical time was about 2:00 on this most recent attempt.

EDIT: Perhaps I should also consider that Maggiore is not Le Mans, so if I pit for new tires and a bit more fuel, it's not like I'll be there forever. (Slow refueling speed aside.)

Last edited:
I tried this event again today with the RX-Vision GT3 Concept, and I was over 20 seconds behind the winner. However, I think I might benefit from changing my strategy. When I tried this event the last couple times, I went for a one-stop on the mediums with the FM on 3, ideally pitting halfway through at the end of the lap 15. But it sounds like from some of the posts here that I should instead put the FM on 1, and do a two-stop on mediums instead. That may cut down my lap times quite a bit, too, since my typical time was about 2:00 on this most recent attempt.

EDIT: Perhaps I should also consider that Maggiore is not Le Mans, so if I pit for new tires and a bit more fuel, it's not like I'll be there forever. (Slow refueling speed aside.)
2.00 is not fast enough. Need to lap at least 1.58.5. need 2 pit stop. First stop at 10 laps add gas to do 10.5 at the second pit stop and run to the 30th lap. always with Medium Tires. If you cannot lap at 1.58.xx go to lake Maggiore and do some round until you improve yourself. Also configure your car as it is on Human Comedy and make some round.

31 laps 🦾
I like the new Mercedes. Really tame to Drive and kind to the tires.
After quite a break from GT7 and now a few days of practice, I am there on the boards again :)
1689258222502.png

I havent tried the new Mercedes, didnt add it to my collection yet, though maybe just to compare how it goes.
The Genesis was eating tyres, but it didnt lose much of cornering traction. Only needed to adjust acceleration after the apex on the tight sections.

Last edited:
did not finish a race until now, but drove a few rounds, will i really win the race when i hit 1:58 times? i manage to do that most rounds but still always behind the supra

After quite a break from GT7 and now a few days of practice, I am there on the boards again :)
View attachment 1272576

I havent tried the new Mercedes, didnt add it to my collection yet, though maybe just to compare how it goes.
The Genesis was eating tyres, but it didnt lose much of cornering traction. Only needed to adjust acceleration after the apex on the tight sections.
Good to see you made it 👍 The Genesis was the first i have done the 31laps before they deleted the leaderboard.
The 2020 Merc is good and a bit faster then the 2016 version and a bit less hungry on tire and fuel.

Last edited:
This is Human suffering here. I don't know what car to choose to beat the smart AI, help!
Many cars can beat the AI and you must pick one you're comfortable with.
The most important is to lap in 1:58/1:59 very constatanly.

You can, I did with the controller. I drove with almost all GR3. I drove a lot on Lake Maggiore to improve my best lap. It's really tough. The first time that I was able to finish better than the 15th, was with the Mazda RX Vision Concept. This car has very good handling, and tires can last 9 laps which were not enough for me, this car is not fast enough and I was not able to reach the top 10 I ended 11. After a couple of training, I came back to this human comedy and after many attempts with other cars, I was able to finish 7th with the Ford GT LM Concept. This is one of the fastest cars I did some laps under 1.57 with the controller. But this car didn't allow me to keep tires with good handling for more than 8 laps, it gets very tail. So, then I was very happy when I was able to finish 2e with the Aston Martin Vantage, very fast, and with good handling, I was able to change tires every 10 laps, but for some reason, I noticed, the pit stop lasted longer than others. Finally, I found the car that suited me when you race with a controller. The Peugeot RCZ GR3, this car is fast, it has very good handling even with degraded tires. Tires can last 10 laps at the first pit stop and 11 laps at the second pit stop. You need to trust yourself and fill just enough of your tank to reach the next pit stop in order to stay ahead of the BMW or the Supra. 10 laps mean you have to fill your tank 10.1 no more. 11 mean fill for 11.1. My average speed was 1.58 - 1.59. It is tough with the controller to keep clear laps for an hour. As you can see in my picture the last lap was stressful, look at the Supra behind me. Not to mention I took a 0.5-sec penalty due to the stress of the race during my last lap. By the way, I used medium tires during the race. Hard tires didn't allow me to reach 1.58. Just FYI. fast cars I drove: Ford GT LM, Aston Vantage, Genesis, and Peugeot RCZ. Better handling: Peugeot RCZ, Mazda RX Vision, Porsche RSR, Volk GTI Vision. Cheaper in gas: Porsche RSR, Peugeot RCZ, Lamborghini Huracan, Jaguar F-Type. The worst cars I drove. GT by Citroen, Mitsubishi Lancer, Vols Beetle.
Which TC level did you use?

Last edited:
Which TC level did you use?
Tested with McLaren 650 Gr.3 as this car is currently the one I consider the most beginnerfriendly for its handling, tyrewear and fuel consumption. Downside is the lack of power, but the handling will allow you to accelerate a bit earlier and equalize.
Tested with AT because of the question of how much handicap you can win with.

TC5 I dont see much of a chance of winning at the 20 minute mark, so I did forfeit at this point.
TC4 is possible for me, but I doubt someone who relies on TC for keeping traction it will be fast enough. Also it will make you take longer lines as it cuts power on many kerbstones which you usually would use on the racing line.
TC3 no doubts anymore, this is a sure victory, but each step lower will allow me to be faster.
The highest I reasonably see someone use would be TC1, if you dont want to be careful with the throttle but use it as a digital input of 0% or 100%.

Practice will make you faster, and while practicing you could as well get rid of as much of the handicaps you are putting onto yourself ;)

Last edited:
Tested with McLaren 650 Gr.3 as this car is currently the one I consider the most beginnerfriendly for its handling, tyrewear and fuel consumption. Downside is the lack of power, but the handling will allow you to accelerate a bit earlier and equalize.
Tested with AT because of the question of how much handicap you can win with.

TC5 I dont see much of a chance of winning at the 20 minute mark, so I did forfeit at this point.
TC4 is possible for me, but I doubt someone who relies on TC for keeping traction it will be fast enough. Also it will make you take longer lines as it cuts power on many kerbstones which you usually would use on the racing line.
TC3 no doubts anymore, this is a sure victory, but each step lower will allow me to be faster.
The highest I reasonably see someone use would be TC1, if you dont want to be careful with the throttle but use it as a digital input of 0% or 100%.

Practice will make you faster, and while practicing you could as well get rid of as much of the handicaps you are putting onto yourself ;)
which is the strategy for the mclaren? hard tires one stop? or medium tires one stop? and what lap times do i need to win with it?

which is the strategy for the mclaren? hard tires one stop? or medium tires one stop? and what lap times do i need to win with it?
Depending on your driving it is possible to do 1 stop on racing mediums, otherwise just go 2 stop racing mediums and abuse the tyres nearly unlimited lifespan.
Usually you would need to lap around 1.58.5xx give or take.
If you cant keep up during the first 5 laps DONT! give up, there are a few laps where you will see some AI stuff happening.
Usually the Supra will seem to be sprinting away with no way to catch up, but it comes at the cost of doing 3 pits and barely ever be a threat.
Usually those AI cars pitting later than lap 12 are generally to slow to win.
And finally: Usually the BMW will be your closest contender and pit either in lap 10 or 11. Regardless of this, this is the AI you have to be in front of at lap 12 and then see your lead growing.
If you are NOT in front during lap 12, you are not fast enough which translates into: continue driving for practice -> there is no easy solution. If you really want to win here then learning the car and the track in and out is the only way.

Though I said "I think the McLaren is currently the easiest", stick with the car you like most and have a good feel with, frequently changing cars will not help building up memorization of braking points and lines to take (or avoid).

Last edited:
Mate thank you so much for this, I finally got gold yesterday on my third attempt. The first one was a one-stopper on Hards with the AMG which only got me 7th, the second was a two-stopper with the M6 which got me 3rd, and now this one with the McLaren which got me gold. Not sure if I was too slow (was dosing mostly which 58's and mid 59's) but I only caught up to the leader on the final lap after the hairpin where he got held up by a backmarker so I passed him after that but he wouldn't give up and tried to make a move in the very last corner which was scary but luckily I was able to hold him off. I'll sure as hell won't do this ever again. Easy difficulty by the way.

Depending on your driving it is possible to do 1 stop on racing mediums, otherwise just go 2 stop racing mediums and abuse the tyres nearly unlimited lifespan.
Usually you would need to lap around 1.58.5xx give or take.
If you cant keep up during the first 5 laps DONT! give up, there are a few laps where you will see some AI stuff happening.
Usually the Supra will seem to be sprinting away with no way to catch up, but it comes at the cost of doing 3 pits and barely ever be a threat.
Usually those AI cars pitting later than lap 12 are generally to slow to win.
And finally: Usually the BMW will be your closest contender and pit either in lap 10 or 11. Regardless of this, this is the AI you have to be in front of at lap 12 and then see your lead growing.
If you are NOT in front during lap 12, you are not fast enough which translates into: continue driving for practice -> there is no easy solution. If you really want to win here then learning the car and the track in and out is the only way.

Though I said "I think the McLaren is currently the easiest", stick with the car you like most and have a good feel with, frequently changing cars will not help building up memorization of braking points and lines to take (or avoid).
i did it, with the new AMG, controller and AT, 2 seconds before fraga, medium tires and pitstops at the end of lap 10 and 20, so happy :D

I'll sure as hell won't do this ever again.
To me it is the most interesting thing to do in GT7.
I would really love to all tracks being available as 1h Gr.3 races, but as is, I stick to this single event.
Practice would lead to improvement, but I still lack consistency comparing my fastest to my slowest laptimes.
And hey, then there are even these sorts of fastest laps (see the hickup in the 2nd corner exit)

My fastest do date is 1.56.300, my optimal would be 1.56.005 - not sure if either of them were with some help of AI drafting or actually a free lap.

Last edited:
need 2 pit stop ..... always with Medium Tires
I'll explain why I see it as a no-brainer to use the softest tyres available for any race that doesn't set a PP limit. The game is balanced around the PP limit, and softer tyres increase PP. For a race that has a PP limit, the softer tyres make the car faster, but the increased PP makes the car slower in other ways, e.g. it must be heavier, or have less power. The game is set up to make these changes broadly cancel each other out. But when you have a race with no PP limit, you get the better performance of the softer tyres for free, apart from needing to pit more often. There's no penalty of the car being heavier or having less power. So the game cannot balance both types of race at the same time, as if the softer tyres weren't faster when PP isn't a factor, they'd be a huge amount slower in races where they give a weight/power penalty. So as the game is balanced more around PP limit races, softer tyres should always be faster for races without a PP limit. The same is true for the BAC Mono Human Comedy, for example, it's just much faster to use the softest tyres.

i did it, with the new AMG, controller and AT, 2 seconds before fraga, medium tires and pitstops at the end of lap 10 and 20, so happy :D
Absolutely, I don't really play the game lately (no reason) but finally I got Mayor Lake on a AMG '20, tried a couple of times with the McLaren but was 5th and 2nd 20 secs behind...
The AMG dough....OMG is so much faster I was first on the first stint...and I'm horrible🙄 so It will be easy for many.

mp7
Viper with one stop was a good choice for me!
did 2 tries with the McLaren but needed too much fuel saving for one stop. ended up second with no chance to win.
With the Viper you have to switch gears early anyway because of the powerband. And with that the fuel is perfect for a one stop strategy with RH.
did 1,59s on average, so no nothing magic at all.
Managed gold today with the McLaren! Prob my 20 th try. I activated ASM and had TC on 2. Average 1.58highish. 2 pitstops, lap 11 and 20 on RM. Won with 4 sec. Think main reason I managed it is because the car has good fuel man, and I was able to make shorter pitstops. FM 1 all the way, some shortshifting now and then. This was my last human comedy gold, feels almost empty inside lol. Will not be driving Maggiore for a while! Toughest gold by far!

Attachments

• 20230804_171024.jpg
    20230804_171024.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
I just went through this again for gold with the Rx vision.

2 stop mediums

1.58.500 avg lap with lots of 159s.

Edit

I saved the replay this time.

Controller TCS off abs default.

I usually have it on weak but def helped with tire mgmt

Last edited:
Finally managed to win this after many many failed attempts in the 911.

New strategy was to send Rubilar into the wall early on. Took me about 5 attempts at it but finally got a good hit on him that sent him to the back of the pack with me staying on the track. Still only managed to beat him by 9 seconds, but I’ll happily take it.

Attachments

• IMG_0827.jpeg
    IMG_0827.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back