The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,123 comments
I usually use manual for most races but I find it easier to keep lap times consistent with the auto especially on long races like this one.
I'm going to be busy farming credits for the next couple of nights since the Sauber just came up on LCD and there are a few more Gr.3 cars I want to try. Plus with the update coming at the end of the week who knows this damn race might get easier!
Is that the Sauber C9? Can that be used on the Human Comedy gr 3 races......

It definitly is more challenging and I strongly suggest adepting to manual transmission for a lot of reasons.
But if it absolutely must be automatic, then a few of the cars are definitly better suited, like the Nissan GTR 18 for example, in my opinion this car doesnt make much of a difference between manual and automatic.
Maybe I should try a GTR 18 then, lol I have brought and tried almost all the other Gr3 cars so sure why not another.

No, the difficulty level doesnt change anything on the missions (as far as I know).

Yes, this race drives crazy, no matter the car you drive. My best result is 7th for now (with the controller and the automatic transmission too) and I need to improve my laps till 1:57 / 1:58 to gold it.
I'd love to remotely get 1:57. I think the best I've managed is a 2:00.something and wrecked my tyres.

What i don't understand is i gave up on them and went on to the Mx5 endurance and BAC endurance and they are actually realistic and achievable. I worked on the Mx5 race and managed my stints and in a few races got the win. Did the BAC race for the first time and got second and think I know where it went wrong so why are the Maggiore Lake and Deep Forest just impossible 🤔

T-cam, TC and on top countersteer assist!!!
And you talk about simracing and blame all controller user as arcade player!!!

IMG_7883.jpeg

Sorry for that @Famine i couldnt resist 🤣

I'd love to remotely get 1:57. I think the best I've managed is a 2:00.something and wrecked my tyres.

What i don't understand is i gave up on them and went on to the Mx5 endurance and BAC endurance and they are actually realistic and achievable. I worked on the Mx5 race and managed my stints and in a few races got the win. Did the BAC race for the first time and got second and think I know where it went wrong so why are the Maggiore Lake and Deep Forest just impossible 🤔
Lake Maggiore race is "hard" for everyone. My PB is 1:59 and as said previously, training is the key. I must improve my driving skills to run permanently 2 seconds faster per lap and we all know that it's possible! The difficulty level is simply higher than on other missions.

Deep Forest is "not easy", I've golded it at my 2nd attempt with the Audi Quattro Sport '87 (even with my mediocre driving skills). So, it's possible too :)

I've found Autopolis also "hard" but mostly because I wasn't used to these kejidosha. Here, you must lap in 2:24 / 2:25 to win and it's far from easy. I've raced several time until to get gold (Honda S660).

I had also some issues in Alsace until I ran with the Mercedes 300 SEL AMG '71.

Deep Forest is "not easy", I've golded it at my 2nd attempt with the Audi Quattro Sport '87 (even with my mediocre driving skills). So, it's possible too :)

I've found Autopolis also "hard" but mostly because I wasn't used to these kejidosha. Here, you must lap in 2:24 / 2:25 to win and it's far from easy. I've raced several time until to get gold (Honda S660).
I havent done both of them on the current version, but last version I wouldnt call them difficult.
That is something for BAC Mono and Lake Maggiore, because 1. I didnt like that car and 2. because it actually requires constantly driving at a higher level than before.
Everything else compared to these 2 is easier.

Last edited:
I have golded the other 7 Missions in one try as far as i remember. Never even tried Maggiore because of this thread. Maybe i should. ;-)

Medium B rated Controller and Auto Transmission driver.

Lake Maggiore race is "hard" for everyone. My PB is 1:59 and as said previously, training is the key. I must improve my driving skills to run permanently 2 seconds faster per lap and we all know that it's possible! The difficulty level is simply higher than on other missions.

Might try my Audi Quattro in Deep Forest and see. What was your strategy 🤔

It definitly is more challenging and I strongly suggest adepting to manual transmission for a lot of reasons.
But if it absolutely must be automatic, then a few of the cars are definitly better suited, like the Nissan GTR 18 for example, in my opinion this car doesnt make much of a difference between manual and automatic.
I have a question about the times on your spreadsheet. Are they all achieved without TC? And are they all done on the Hard difficulty setting?

Is that the Sauber C9? Can that be used on the Human Comedy gr 3 races......

Maybe I should try a GTR 18 then, lol I have brought and tried almost all the other Gr3 cars so sure why not another.

The C9 is not a Gr.3 car so it can’t be used on this race. It’s simply a car I’ve always loved and it’s great to grind Sardenia with!

Last edited:
OMG, it was a bit far away in time and I'm not so sure about pits and tyres.
I'll check the settings of the car later and let you know :)

I have a question about the times on your spreadsheet. Are they all achieved without TC? And are they all done on the Hard difficulty setting?
All the same ruleset:
Controllerdriver, ABS weak, no other driving assist, hard difficulty with a fuel saving style of driving (I think it is faster than full powering, but I cant currently test and confirm by my own experience) and 2 stopping for tyres (unless noted otherwise).

With that said: the times may well be different for other drivers, as the cars maybe just didnt suit me or this kind of driving, though at least for the faster times, they somewhat are represantative of a cars capability.

Last edited:
with a fuel saving style of driving (I think it is faster than full powering
You are kinda right. I watched my replay and caught my self doing both. First to 3rd gear i ref to 95-99% the next gears its where i am on track, up the hill, horizontel or down the hill i shift between 70-90%.

You are kinda right. I watched my replay and caught my self doing both. First to 3rd gear i ref to 95-99% the next gears its where i am on track, up the hill, horizontel or down the hill i shift between 70-90%.
It really also depends on the car itself and the spot on the track, in the end I am driving by sound and gutfeeling.
The Toyota FT1 has a very strange gear ratio of long 1-3 and short 4-6.
Some cars dont rev up enough to make it into 6 on the huge downhill if you dont shift any early point, and the tripple cornercombo into uphill before that I usually dont care as much about the acceleration power but instead of the line so I am going into 4 or 5 very early, any kind of upset at that spot is costing more time (and tyre) than being late on the throttle.

Still, I didnt yet manage to beat into 31 again, and as a friend has my disc, I cant do for the time being, so it seems I am missing the crucial last tenths of a second in each lap to make it work, just not good enough to pull consistent lap times.
I am propably not going to make it work any time, but I dont care as much as I dont give up on that until the next physics change will again cause a massive relearning.

Last edited:
It really also depends on the car itself and the spot on the track, in the end I am driving by sound and gutfeeling.
The Toyota FT1 has a very strange gear ratio of long 1-3 and short 4-6.
Some cars dont rev up enough to make it into 6 on the huge downhill if you dont shift any early point, and the tripple cornercombo into uphill before that I usually dont care as much about the acceleration power but instead of the line so I am going into 4 or 5 very early, any kind of upset at that spot is costing more time (and tyre) than being late on the throttle.

Still, I didnt yet manage to beat into 31 again, and as a friend has my disc, I cant do for the time being, so it seems I am missing the crucial last tenths of a second in each lap to make it work, just not good enough to pull consistent lap times.
I am propably not going to make it work any time, but I dont care as much as I dont give up on that until the next physics change will again cause a massive relearning.
Yes the ft-1 is a strange one. More stable on the rear then the concept but 5 an 6 gear are to short and both tire hungry. I got the ft-1 down to 1:07,00. You should try the Mazda concept again. It is right now the most taim car to the tires and i can go 8 of 10 laps in low to mid 56s and then 2 laps low mid 57s.

Last edited:
why are the Maggiore Lake and Deep Forest just impossible
Deep Forest is actually easy in the current version. I put a video up for a previous game version, but recently tried it again, and it's even easier now because the DP-100 has lower PP so you can reduce the weight to bring it back up to 620. I was very close to getting a 39th lap in, I would have done it without a couple of mistakes that gave me time penalties. I didn't upload my race with the current game version, because I was very tired and my driving was really bad, but this is the one for the old game version, you can use the same setup for the current version but with reduced weight.

Maggiore is pretty hard now, though, I had a couple of goes at it and was there or thereabouts for winning, but again I tried it when really tired, and I lost one of the races by driving off the track near the end. But I think there were game versions in the past when I was a huge amount ahead of the AI, like 30+ seconds, I'm nowhere near that margin ahead of them now.

Deep Forest is actually easy in the current version. I put a video up for a previous game version, but recently tried it again, and it's even easier now because the DP-100 has lower PP so you can reduce the weight to bring it back up to 620. I was very close to getting a 39th lap in, I would have done it without a couple of mistakes that gave me time penalties. I didn't upload my race with the current game version, because I was very tired and my driving was really bad, but this is the one for the old game version, you can use the same setup for the current version but with reduced weight.

Maggiore is pretty hard now, though, I had a couple of goes at it and was there or thereabouts for winning, but again I tried it when really tired, and I lost one of the races by driving off the track near the end. But I think there were game versions in the past when I was a huge amount ahead of the AI, like 30+ seconds, I'm nowhere near that margin ahead of them now.

I'm not finding it easy. What car did you use? I'll have a look at the video when I get chance. Many thanks

Yes the ft-1 is a strange one. More stable on the rear then the concept but 5 an 6 gear are to short and both tire hungry. I got the ft-1 down to 1:07,00. You should try the Mazda concept again. It is right now the most taim car to the tires and i can go 8 of 10 laps in low to mid 56s and then 2 laps low mid 57s.
I really liked the Mazda Concept to drive but did not have the pace.

I'm not finding it easy. What car did you use? I'll have a look at the video when I get chance. Many thanks
Aston Martin DP100 usually is among the best cars for anything close to 600PP.
BUT! it requires driving with manual transmission, otherwise the performance advantage it actually has is lost.

Last edited:
Aston Martin DP100 usually is among the best cars for anything close to 600PP.
BUT! it requires driving with manual transmission, otherwise the performance advantage it actually has is lost.
No good for me, I use Automatic and a controller unfortunately 😔 😕

You will get there. Dont overdue it, maybe do couple days something else to get youre head free ✌🏻
Just got gold in BAC, did it for the first time on Tuesday and got 2nd so happy out today.

controller
Thats not a good reason, there are enough players doing it with the controller and not using a wheel to play ;)
Automatic
But this can absolutely slow you down depending on the car.
But then in the end it all comes down to practice: spending time with a car you want to learn on a track, both learning the tracks crucial braking points and the cars individual traits. You can overcome it if you want, or you can choose to say it is not that important to you.

Last edited:

What was your set up for the Audi? Not sure if i already asked you lol... its the 87 Pikes Peak....

Any cars that are especially good or bad with auto transmission? I have to take note for Gr.3 and 4.
Unfortunatly I didnt consider taking notes on my list of timing all of them, and I do tend to not have a good memory after all.

Gr.4 Ferrari seemed to be quite good, but I basically only tested this one and the Renault Trophy (because I like the design)
Gr.3 Suzuki VGT I think didnt reach its 7th gear, so would be a nogo
Gr.3 Nissan GTR '18 and BRZ were rev happy, should be fine with them both

Something to consider is the benefit of traction when driving on manual for using a different gear then the auto propably selects on slow turns.

Last edited:

I used the S1 to complete deep forest, I don't have the settings in a pic but I went w a medium tire and played around w the balance between weight and power making micro tweaks. 2 stops and I lapped everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the S1 to complete deep forest, I don't have the settings in a pic but I went w a medium tire and played around w the balance between weight and power making micro tweaks. 2 stops and I lapped everyone
I must have a look and see how I get on with it. I have managed to get to 11th in it so far. Its the pit stop, does not matter how well I'm doing i always come out last or near last and then get lapped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to the new update. Might try the new AMG and see what its like on Maggiore Lake
No joy for me , infact on the bop settings I was much faster in the old amg than the new *sigh

Had a good race in the renault but hards ... cant get a lap under 2:00 on hards tho and finish 13th

I know where am losing its the last three corners .. no constancy on the last and the S's leading to it just baffle me to fast or too slow the Ai chews me up there every time.

Its really bugging me too the utter lack of slipstreaming in the race .... get behind someone and your like ppppppppft
Where as a AI car gets behind you or someone its WWWWWOOOOSH

I must have a look and see how I get on with it. I have managed to get to 11th in it so far. Its the pit stop, does not matter how well I'm doing i always come out last or near last and then get lapped.
I don't recall the precise timing of it but i believe that the main issue was the timing of the pitting. You just need to try make to the lap after the taycan pits. You only need fuel

Edit. Outlast the taycan and pass them when they do their first stop pit on the next lap or 2 laps later. The car handled it well. I tried alot of different options but the S1 was by far the best.and easiest

Last edited:
No joy for me , infact on the bop settings I was much faster in the old amg than the new *sigh

Had a good race in the renault but hards ... cant get a lap under 2:00 on hards tho and finish 13th

I know where am losing its the last three corners .. no constancy on the last and the S's leading to it just baffle me to fast or too slow the Ai chews me up there every time.

Its really bugging me too the utter lack of slipstreaming in the race .... get behind someone and your like ppppppppft
Where as a AI car gets behind you or someone its WWWWWOOOOSH
Yes and no penalty when they go off either or crash into you

Raging I cracked on with world map races and left this missions for the weekend. Wish I'd brought the Mercedes and had a go with it but I made enough money to buy the Sauber C9 and a GT350 Shelby. Will have to make some more money from the Super formula I was doing and buy the new AMG and see how I get on. What was your strategy?

Latest Posts

Back