The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,123 comments
Life is to short. Its a game not a way of life unreal lap times against a AI that is set to make the experience as unrealistic as possible. I play to relax and have always enjoyed all GT games but I'm old enough to say no sorry, no enjoyment to this and I'm not trying to be the next GT academy driver so yes offence taken. Improve my performance implys I can sit and waste hours at a time..... well again life is to short.
Oh, I see. If this is you, your approach is perfectly ok of course. I stand corrected and have to admit, my advice wasn't appropriate. :rolleyes:

View attachment 1249434

Tried the RS01 on the one stop strat from a vid in YT and I did much better. The AI beat the **** out of me toward the end of each stint though, they just dive bomb you and give you no way out. I lost 11 secs to a dive bomb out of the final turn…. I wouldn’t have won (which calmed me down a bit) but maybe I’d be in with a chance as the spin dropped me into battles with 3 stoppers on a rampage….

Note that the RS01 is a nightmare out of the banked hairpin, I switched on Stability control to see if it helped but it just slows you down.

I averaged about 2:00:00 per lap in the end minus the pit in and out etc. feeling like this is doable more on this strategy as the 2 stop requires blistering pace.
I didn't do very well in the RS01 but it was a nice car to drive just no pace in the first stint. I then tried the AMG 16 which for the first 6 laps I got to 7th and held it for two more laps but then the front tyres went, because I pitted so early I came out stone dead last. Fought for the rest of the race to come 15th. Was great pace first stint and last stint but I had to pit 3 times because the RM on the front were gone so quickly. Wrecked the race

Oh, I see. If this is you, your approach is perfectly ok of course. I stand corrected and have to admit, my advice wasn't appropriate. :rolleyes:
Yeah no worries.

Life is to short. Its a game not a way of life unreal lap times against a AI that is set to make the experience as unrealistic as possible. I play to relax and have always enjoyed all GT games but I'm old enough to say no sorry, no enjoyment to this and I'm not trying to be the next GT academy driver so yes offence taken. Improve my performance implys I can sit and waste hours at a time..... well again life is to short.
Yes you're right, it's only a game and yes life is short. Just take it easy :)
When I can't win a race (like this one or Autopolis 1 hour), I try to imporve my skills, I have fun on other parts on GT7 or I read a book in my sofa. But I don't complain because it's only a game and because life is too short to complain.

I didn't do very well in the RS01 but it was a nice car to drive just no pace in the first stint. I then tried the AMG 16 which for the first 6 laps I got to 7th and held it for two more laps but then the front tyres went, because I pitted so early I came out stone dead last. Fought for the rest of the race to come 15th. Was great pace first stint and last stint but I had to pit 3 times because the RM on the front were gone so quickly. Wrecked the race
Yea… that AMG is awful without being able to adjust brake balance imo. The RS01 can maintain a decent 1:59.5 on RH if you can get used to its snappy behaviour when the tyres get worn. It’s the most comfortable car I tried but it took too long to build the lap time and the spins cost me dear.

Yea… that AMG is awful without being able to adjust brake balance imo. The RS01 can maintain a decent 1:59.5 on RH if you can get used to its snappy behaviour when the tyres get worn. It’s the most comfortable car I tried but it took too long to build the lap time and the spins cost me dear.
Wonder how the AMG would run on RH on the front and RM on the rear for the start to compensate for me burning out the front tyres in the first stint, or maybe I should try the RH front and back and add the brake balance controller 🤔

Wonder how the AMG would run on RH on the front and RM on the rear for the start to compensate for me burning out the front tyres in the first stint, or maybe I should try the RH front and back and add the brake balance controller 🤔
It's a BoP race so I don't think you can add and use the brake balance controller, it would need to have bb adjustment enabled in the race settings.

It's a BoP race so I don't think you can add and use the brake balance controller, it would need to have bb adjustment enabled in the race settings.
Oh ok, I never thought of that. Guess I'll try the tyres mixed and see if that helps with me burning them out so quickly. Thanks

Oh ok, I never thought of that. Guess I'll try the tyres mixed and see if that helps with me burning them out so quickly. Thanks
With mixed tyres I think you may have an issue at the pitstop. One of the recommended builds for the Alsace race used different compounds and I believe you couldn't then change things during the race.

I'd do a quick test if I were you, set it up with hards/mediums and then pit straight away to see what the game will let you do. Better than wasting 20 mins doing a proper attempt and then running into problems.

Im not sure this is quite a good idea.
In the pits it will change to either only RH or only RM, they dont refit the same coniguration you have started on.
But then, if you can manage to pit at lap 14 and then 22 (14 laps + 8 laps + 8 laps) maybe it might work for you, otherwise you could go full hards and try to do 1 pit after lap 15.
But 2, it would be more beneficial to try to aim for better steering inputs, this will lead to less tyre wear and increase your speed at the same time - and will work with all cars on all tracks.

Exeggerated example,
run 1 full steering input, run 2 the least steering input I was able to achieve.
Difference, run 2 is faster, shorter, and less stressful:

Last edited:
With mixed tyres I think you may have an issue at the pitstop. One of the recommended builds for the Alsace race used different compounds and I believe you couldn't then change things during the race.

I'd do a quick test if I were you, set it up with hards/mediums and then pit straight away to see what the game will let you do. Better than wasting 20 mins doing a proper attempt and then running into problems.
Lol nothing is straightforward. Thanks for the advice I'll do the test first and see what happens. Running out of ideas on this. Least I got gold on a good few of the others. But this and Deep Forest are a real headache. Oh and my first attempt at the Mazda MX5 at the start was only ok, need to look at my car and strategy for that too. AI quicker and the weather coming in was a curve ball

This is how I started the race a few times in the RSR and the RCZ as they tend to understeer, this made the first stint brilliant but after the pit stop it felt odd and I lost time relearning the track

Last edited:
This is how I started the race a few times in the RSR and the RCZ as they tend to understeer, this made the first stint brilliant but after the pit stop it felt odd and I lost time relearning the track
I liked the RCZ but as you probably know on RM the tyres went and on RH I absolutely have no pace. Pretty much the same on the RSR. I can only try and see how I go. After this I'll go to the Mazda and BAC endurance races

I liked the RCZ but as you probably know on RM the tyres went and on RH I absolutely have no pace. Pretty much the same on the RSR. I can only try and see how I go. After this I'll go to the Mazda and BAC endurance races
I found when you keep retrying this race it burns you out, I have max 2 attempts a day now but I’ll also do a warm up run before hand. I’ll start a race and drop to the back by miles then just do 5 hot-laps to stretch my legs. I’ll then reset at go balls out

Hello @Antezz 🖐️

Based on the awesome advices shared here and the tens of YT videos watched, winning this race is not really a matter of car (like in some missions) but mainly a matter of driving skills.

To get gold here, you must drive consistently in 1:57 - 1:58 per lap. Currently, I'm still in 1:59 - 2:00 with my fav cars (Mercedes AMG, 911 RSR, Nissan GT-R, etc.). For now, my best result is 7th. I'm far too slow to expect a win. I need to be faster by 2 secs and on EVERY lap. I know it and I accept it because it's not really a matter of car.

Practising and training are the keys to success.

1. Get the track experience in gold will show you where you are fast and where you can improve your time.

2. Select the car you are the most comfortable with.

3. Train with the Gr.3 cup on the Lake Maggiore with the same settings as the mission (BoP). Take your time to learn how to be faster on every curve, on every straights.
Bonus: you'll make some Cr while training ;)

4. When you feel ready, run the mission again and again and again without losing your motivation and your smile. Every race is a training, not a fail or a waiste of time. Try to follow Rubilar which seem to be the guy to beat here.

5. For the strategy, I would suggest 1 pit stop for a psychology reason. By pitting, you'll lose your leader position and it's not very comfortable to see these AI cars overtake you again. Better to feel this only once than twice.

6. Slowly but surely, you'll gain confidence, your times will go down and you'll get close for the top till the win.

Last edited:
IMG_7897.gif

IMG_7896.jpeg

2 stop Medium full send.
But the laped AIs are the critical factor. Seems like they have a act like Kimi codeline build in. They messed me up several attemps to 31 Laps.
I should be second, Rio did it first. Weird bug

Last edited:
I must’ve driven 2000 kilometers on the track before I was able to win it with my RCZ. That seemed like the most stable car to me with no TC and ABS on 1 without any other driving aid. You can still basically “power drive” it without TC like if it were the previous physics. Only refuel to 10 laps every time (about 77%) so you don’t waste time in the pits. The BMW will be slower on his last stint, so don’t give up when you’re behind him after the last stop. He will also get caught up lapping cars, just watch out so he can’t dive bomb and bump you off track. If your laps are in the 59s in the first stint, then between 58-59 for the last two stints that you can start with less fuel, you’ll be golden.

Dusted this race back off the shelf ...
Thought I'd try the audi after the update handles great even on balding tyres ... 1st go RH 1stop ... didn't get under 2.00 a lap and got puntted off the track multiple times !!!!! Ai was aggressive 😳 then ran out of fule on fm 1 so crawled last lap urgh .

Try again tonight ... looked at the RSR bop set up copied it and time trial it till I was getting under 2 mins laps on rh so fingers crossed .

Dusted this race back off the shelf ...
Thought I'd try the audi after the update handles great even on balding tyres ... 1st go RH 1stop ... didn't get under 2.00 a lap and got puntted off the track multiple times !!!!! Ai was aggressive 😳 then ran out of fule on fm 1 so crawled last lap urgh .

Try again tonight ... looked at the RSR bop set up copied it and time trial it till I was getting under 2 mins laps on rh so fingers crossed .
Fingers crossed for your win with the 911 RSR.
I've tried several times with differents cars and seems that 1:56 / 1:57 is the ideal timing for a win.

7th rsr 3 stop ... finally lapping under 2:00
1:58 probably fastest but noticed early changing could be key with little effect on lap time .
Would of been better but after a clean race with no spins toyota was struggling too pass genesis in my rear view for 2 full laps neither threatening me but suddenly the Toyota decided to pass it on the braking into the banked hair pin didn't brake at all till way past the 50yard point and torpedoed me off the track totally!!!!!
Watched the replay over n over
Absolutely vindictive.
Didnt have a hope of getting round the bend

I found when you keep retrying this race it burns you out, I have max 2 attempts a day now but I’ll also do a warm up run before hand. I’ll start a race and drop to the back by miles then just do 5 hot-laps to stretch my legs. I’ll then reset at go balls out

7th rsr 3 stop ... finally lapping under 2:00
1:58 probably fastest but noticed early changing could be key with little effect on lap time .
Would of been better but after a clean race with no spins toyota was struggling too pass genesis in my rear view for 2 full laps neither threatening me but suddenly the Toyota decided to pass it on the braking into the banked hair pin didn't brake at all till way past the 50yard point and torpedoed me off the track totally!!!!!
Watched the replay over n over
Absolutely vindictive.
Didnt have a hope of getting round the bend
Haha I can imagine, I have seen the AI cars do impossible speeds through the corners. What I don't understand is why this and Deep Forest are set up like this. I did the BAC yesterday, first time out I was 4.500 off the leader in the end and managed 2nd. I know where I might ha e gone wrong, after the first stint I thought to save time id leave the tyres on as they looked in good shape but at the end of the 2nd stint I may have lost time and that may have cost me the win.

I was able to work on the Mazda mx5 and after a few goes I won. I can go through my set up and strategy for anyone.

But these two are just plain ridiculous. I have not attempted the other race for the pre 1970 cars as I don't yet have a good enough car.

Yeah followed two cars happily nudging each other then putting each other on the grass !!! Easy catch these two now.... erm nope 🙅🏻
Seems nudge or grass no effect .

Yet on the run up to the banked Hill I fluffed a line a R8 just kept up side by side ... not a issue... he nudges me !!!! We rub shoulders but thats ok were not going off or even slowing it seemed yet some how a rx mazda from way back gains 30mph from this and flys past us !!!!????

Have a word lol

Yeah followed two cars happily nudging each other then putting each other on the grass !!! Easy catch these two now.... erm nope 🙅🏻
Seems nudge or grass no effect .

Yet on the run up to the banked Hill I fluffed a line a R8 just kept up side by side ... not a issue... he nudges me !!!! We rub shoulders but thats ok were not going off or even slowing it seemed yet some how a rx mazda from way back gains 30mph from this and flys past us !!!!????

Have a word lol
Dont fight in these 2 corners I pictured, just let them pass, let them make their mistakes, and retake the position.
You know it will happen this way, because it always does.
Also: whenever the AI is going wide like that, it increases the chances for them to take an early or additional pit stop.

Or, if you do insist on fighting: block the inside on these 2 corners and dont them let them through at these spots.
But if they manage to keep up there, it is very likely your laptimes are already barely fast enough to see a winning chance and fighting will just make you slower.

This race is driving me crazy! My best result has been a 4th place and I've tried half the Gr.3 cars so far.

Is the difficulty level glitched for this event? Has update 1.31 had an effect on it?
I've tried it on easy, normal and hard and I'm not sure if there's any difference?

Is it possible to win this event using an automatic transmission?

This race is driving me crazy! My best result has been a 4th place and I've tried half the Gr.3 cars so far.

Is the difficulty level glitched for this event? Has update 1.31 had an effect on it?
I've tried it on easy, normal and hard and I'm not sure if there's any difference?

No, the difficulty level doesnt change anything on the missions (as far as I know).

Yes, this race drives crazy, no matter the car you drive. My best result is 7th for now (with the controller and the automatic transmission too) and I need to improve my laps till 1:57 / 1:58 to gold it.

You could try this but as I said the physics are different now so idk if it still works? I do remember having to drive absolutely perfectly to get it done, no room at all for any major mistakes

It was - I won using auto in the RSR, but that was many many updates ago.

I may give it another go this weekend, just to see.

Last edited:
It definitly is more challenging and I strongly suggest adepting to manual transmission for a lot of reasons.
But if it absolutely must be automatic, then a few of the cars are definitly better suited, like the Nissan GTR 18 for example, in my opinion this car doesnt make much of a difference between manual and automatic.

It definitly is more challenging and I strongly suggest adepting to manual transmission for a lot of reasons.
But if it absolutely must be automatic, then a few of the cars are definitly better suited, like the Nissan GTR 18 for example, in my opinion this car doesnt make much of a difference between manual and automatic.
I usually use manual for most races but I find it easier to keep lap times consistent with the auto especially on long races like this one.
I'm going to be busy farming credits for the next couple of nights since the Sauber just came up on LCD and there are a few more Gr.3 cars I want to try. Plus with the update coming at the end of the week who knows this damn race might get easier!

Latest Posts

Back