the "just plain ugly" car thread

The top one is a Dodge..the other 2 are Fords. Totally different designs.

The only on the left looks like trucks front the '80s but the lights flipped upside down. Only new trucks I somewhat like.
$T2eC16dHJGwE9n)yUs8FBRTotqi!)Q~~60_35.JPG

I was just trying to show a more american style van. And the Ram (formerly Dodge) is actually a Fiat. They somehow managed to take out all the nice parts on that bumper/grill and make it wrong. Apparently next year we'll be getting transits instead of e-series' as well.

Yeah I heard Ford is dropping the E-series. Kind of dumb if you ask me. I see them all over the place.

Yeah I heard Ford is dropping the E-series. Kind of dumb if you ask me. I see them all over the place.

Depends they may make up for it with the sales of the transits. I see a ton of transits around town now. I would love to buy one and make a camper out of it like the old vw westfalias.

I don't get some people knowingly post dull looking cars here but don't add any reason why they think it's worthy of being labelled as ugly. Like this for instance:

This toyota isn't as much of an eyesour, but is a boring car.
1999-Toyota-Tercel-001.jpg

Or this:

And the most unexciting car ever made:

Toyota-Camry.jpg

In many cases, "just plain" doesn't equate to "just plain ugly". If the former is all you can muster to describe a vehicle, then there's no reason to post it here.

Depends they may make up for it with the sales of the transits. I see a ton of transits around town now. I would love to buy one and make a camper out of it like the old vw westfalias.
You never know. I have only seen one that came into the shop and it had a ton of problems.

I've grown to really like the 914. I wasn't a big fan at first, but it just gets better with age!

On the other hand, the Civic is getting worse with age. :yuck:
2014-Honda-Civic-Coupe-628.jpg

Not sure if concepts can really count in this thread. But after seeing this... :ill:
toyota-fcv-tk13-01-1.jpg

I'd like to nominate this baby, the 2014 Toyota 4Runner. There's just so much going on with the front end, I don't know where to begin.

2014-toyota-4runner-photo-513709-s-1280x782.jpg

I don't know why, but I quite like the big beefy look of it. Menacing in a way and still has some off-road capability. Saw my first one on Saturday in person. Although at the rear, I almost thought someone riced the pre-faclifted model with those stupid looking dark LED taillights.

Isuzu VehiCross is a future classic! I love the styling! Would totally have one in my dream garage. And yes, I don't mind the bright yellow ones too. :P

I've grown to really like the 914. I wasn't a big fan at first, but it just gets better with age!

On the other hand, the Civic is getting worse with age. :yuck:
2014-Honda-Civic-Coupe-628.jpg
My Civic fanboy-ism aside, I rather like the new ones. My own '09 is my favorite in terms of styling, but Honda's yet to produce a Civic coupe that I don't like the look of.

One of my favourite Hot Wheels models was a yellow VehiCROSS.

Isuzu basically put a virtually unchanged concept from the early 90s into production. And that started more than 16 years ago. While some design elements are more dated than others and clearly looks like something conceived in the 90s, it's still a strikingly futuristic and oddly appealing SUV. Looks even better in black without the chrome rims:

vehicross.jpg

I'm sorry, I just find that thing atrocious to look at, at least from the front. Those headlights & grill just don't fit imho. The same with the bumper, it just looks wrong.

As for the new grand cherokee, it would be alright if Jeep would just redesign the headlights.

While looking for pictures of the old Dodge Rampage, I found what appears to be a concept for a new Dodge Rampage. I have no idea if that's what it actually is or not, but whatever it is, it's horrid.

Dodge-Rampage.jpg

That wasn't a concept, it was actually built. It's a Honda Ridgeline with a Dodge badge.

2006_dodge_rampage_concept_100010599_m.jpg

1983_Dodge_Rampage.jpg

There you go.

When done right though, they can be awesome. (if converted to RWD)

6221400005_large.jpg

1830-1982-Dodge-Rampage.jpg

Back