The Le Mans General Discussion Thread

It's not guaranteed that you can finish the race.

Also the Porsche got to the finish after coming out of the garage.

Toyota finished 3rd.

Again showing your complete knowledge of what happened. Not.
Porsche was not classified. I don't care why not, they didn't get an official finish.

:lol: it's kinda funny. Such a waste of money...

Peugeot didn't get a car to the finish in 2010. And that was with conventional technology. Le Mans had started entering Diesel LMP's in 2006 with Audi to see if Diesel powered cars could win races.

And Diesel has been seen on your everyday road car for years.

Porsche was not classified. I don't care why not, they didn't get an official finish.

How's it a waste of money? It's an R&D project, do you know how those work? Have you ever had an internship with an engineering firm or taken classes on the subject?

Since when does being classified 11th place mean not classified?

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Results/04_2014/03_LE MANS/FIA WEC (82 Edition des 24 Heures du Mans)/201406141500_Race/Hour 24/05_Classification_Race_Hour 24.PDF

Wrong, a wind up car with a Subaru logo and a clown dressed driver with a certain forum members user name, that claims hybrids are a waste will win Le Mans next year.

Lies. It's the pedal car version, and the chain won't break. Honest.

So next year Porsche and Toyota should enter a pedal car because it'll definitely finish.
You've gotta think about the chain coming off. All that money down the drain.

I cant believe how down-hilly we've gone.

That's my point, though - it's absurd that only three cars are classified at the end. Porsche or Toyota didn't get one car to finish.
1 Audi Sport Joest R18 e-tron Fassler/Lotterer/Treluyer 379
2 Audi Sport Joest R18 e-tron Kristensen/Gene/di Grassi 376
3 Toyota TS040 Hybrid Davidson/Lapierre/Buemi 373
Looks like Toyota finished one car to me.

The only thing ridiculous is you coming in here posting troll-worthy garbage.

But the Horse could knock the riding off and go out of control!

It wasn't tested.
Nonsense, they've been testing them in Kentucky for years and years and years!!!

Those 1 horsepower motors will crank out some power too!

The only drawback will be a mandatory caution every now and again for debris and fluid on the track from said horses. No sense in fitting a poop sack because that costs money

I'm not so confident with this whole horse thing. They're expensive to buy, and they need to be fed. They also go rather fast, too much risk of them crashing.

Personally, I'd just head down to the railway station and rent an OV-Fiets.

What about at night? Might need to carry a torch to see well.

That costs money.

So do batteries.
Hogwash! there are barriers and sand to slow them down in the event of an off course. Since there's no cost for spare nose cones on a horse, bumping the barrier doesn't mean anything.

Bk2rIy6IcAE9fX0.jpg

@ITCC_Andrew

Right, so, you know that there is a 70% distance minimum, right? Your Subaru wouldn't make it, even if it lasted.

Also, let me ask you this: If Subaru were to re-join WRC, and both cars failed to finish, would you be saying the same things? When Hyundai hopped back in this year, were you calling it a waste of money after Monte Carlo?

What about Touring Cars? Back when Touring Car racing was in an endurance format, were you slating teams for wasting cash if the car broke down? Did you claim Chevrolet were wasting funds back in their early WTCC days, with the Lacetti, when it wasn't always reliable and rarely performed well?

I doubt it.

Jokes aside, endurance racing is an investment for these guys. If a certain piece of tech or engine didn't last, they know what they need to work on. And that won't only benefit their race programme, but, in the long run, the road car programme too. That's why they're there.

Of course, they want to win, but the increased knowledge they obtain from running these races, successfully or otherwise, is useful.

I could take my Subaru Impreza, make it a hybrid, and get a Top 5 in LMP1-H.
Let's gloss over the fact it doesn't fit any of the technical regulations regarding its size and the required wing sizes, placement and downforce levels and instead cover a few more minor points.

The engine is the wrong size and configuration.
Your hybrid unit needs to fit one of the LMP1-H output standards.
Your car needs to be able to drive the pitlane on electric power only.
It's too heavy.
It doesn't produce the correct power or torque.
It doesn't have the right size fuel tank.
It wouldn't pass the crash testing requirements.
You need at least one other driver stupid enough to try it - there's a 14hr maximum driver time limit.
You don't have the required race licence.
You wouldn't qualify.

I'm sure you could enter the Innovative Technologies class, but that's an exhibition class only and you would be ineligible for any race position you gain. Not that you'd actually qualify for that either as you wouldn't manage the required 6 minute lap maximum.

But, most important of all and missed from the list for its own bullet point:

No. No you couldn't.

Back