The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments
ddtfgevjgwd11.jpg

I'd say the government and not boomers per se but...

The US government is largely made up of Boomers though. I want to say the average age of Congress is as old as it's ever been and our next president will certainly be the oldest.

It'll be interesting to see what happens once Gen X becomes the average in government.

This is still one of the very best things the Simpsons ever did.

I know I should avoid the YT comments but the number of people unironically calling for a Flag Desecration Amendment because Kaepernick etc... that Swartzwelder guy was one sharp individual.

I like the episode he wrote where Bart's escaped elephant stampedes through the RNC past signs saying "We want what's worst for everyone!" and "We're just plain evil!" and goes on to crash the DNC whose signs read "We hate life and ourselves!" and "We can't govern!".

Last edited:
The US government is largely made up of Boomers though. I want to say the average age of Congress is as old as it's ever been and our next president will certainly be the oldest.

It'll be interesting to see what happens once Gen X becomes the average in government.
Have you seen the young people at these "Blue Lives Matter" rallies or anti-protests? This mindset isn't going away any time soon. It's scary.

Have you seen the young people at these "Blue Lives Matter" rallies or anti-protests? This mindset isn't going away any time soon. It's scary.

Sure, there are people across generations that are going to have varying ideas. I think overall though generations are getting less authoritative and less conservative. There probably won't be a dramatic shift since even Millenials have Boomer parents are many of those values are still instilled in them. The dramatic shift probably won't happen until Gen Alpha (Millenial's children) take over in 50-60 years.

Sure, there are people across generations that are going to have varying ideas. I think overall though generations are getting less authoritative and less conservative. There probably won't be a dramatic shift since even Millenials have Boomer parents are many of those values are still instilled in them. The dramatic shift probably won't happen until Gen Alpha (Millenial's children) take over in 50-60 years.

I think already Gen X is generally substantially different from the Boomers.

So people who support the cops are scary, but those people that are lobbing bricks at cops, and burning down people's businesses and destroying livelihoods, those people are ok. Democratism.

So people who support the cops are scary, but those people that are lobbing bricks at cops, and burning down people's businesses and destroying livelihoods, those people are ok. Democratism.
When did I say that? Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Wow 2 posts it took to annoy you!

Who said anything about being annoyed? He's now posted three times in the space of one page, and each post is 3-4 messages, most of which are taking shots at nonexistent people, at least as far as the population of this forum goes. What's the point?

There's another person here but "on the other side" that does the same. I don't see anyone complaining...

Their volume is currently nowhere near that of Groundfish. If it was, I'd have the same opinion.

Back