The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments

I'm betting this army consists largely of rural and blue collar folks, perhaps representing agriculture & industrial labor - you know real jobs, not fancy-pants, soft-skinned "college degree" jobs. Maybe if we combined their chosen color and symbols of their trades, we could give them a cool new flag. Idk, maybe it could look a little like this?

1200px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png

I'm betting this army consists largely of rural and blue collar folks, perhaps representing agriculture & industrial labor - you know real jobs, not fancy-pants, soft-skinned "college degree" jobs. Maybe if we combined their chosen color and symbols of their trades, we could give them a cool new flag. Idk, maybe it could look a little like this?

1200px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png
upload_2020-8-27_21-36-55.png

Yay, Bill!

EgcDisiWkAEQurw.jpg

What really stood out to me was the response to the tweet. He usually gets maybe four or five comments on an upload, and a quarter to a fifth of them are to the tune of "hey, check out the cartoons on this site."

This one's getting much more attention. 209 comments when I saw it, and just a ****-ton are from triggered Trumpkins.

I'm proud of you, Bill.

...Except all of the cities that contain this looting and rioting are held by the Democrats!

Last edited:
...Expect all of the cities than contain this looting and rioting are held by the Democrats!
Expectation ≠ Reality

Jacksonville, Florida has a Republican mayor and riots managed to erupt there. Ditto San Diego, California.

For riots to occur, you need large numbers of people to show up. Population densities typical of large cities means there are lots of people available in a relatively small area, and the cultural diversity also typical of large cities means lots of those people available in a relatively small area may feel disaffected and subject to the whims of abusive police forces. With that population density and cultural diversity comes increased likelihood that people are going to elect Democratic representatives.

Inane argument is inane.

With that population density and cultural diversity comes increased likelihood that people are going to elect Democratic representatives.

Inane argument is inane.
Not if the democratic party representatives are hell bent on bashing the Republicans. But what do I know?

Subtle. I wonder whether he even noticed his typo.
I DIDN'T!!!

:lol:

Honestly, I saw "expect" and read it as something along the lines of "expect all of those cities to be held by Democrats."

That's hilarious. I wish I could take credit.

Edit:

Not if the democratic party representatives are hell bent on bashing the Republicans. But what do I know?
lolwut

I DIDN'T!!!

:lol:

Honestly, I saw "expect" and read it as something along the lines of "expect all of those cities to be held by Democrats."

That's hilarious. I wish I could take credit.

Edit:

lolwut
Yes I was supposed to write except not expect. Damn those words look similar.

You do know both parties sling massive amounts of poo at one another right?
That's part of the political game.

Yes I was supposed to write except not expect. Damn those words look similar.
Two consecutive letters are reversed, otherwise the two are identical. No harm, no fowl.

That's part of the political game.
But you were sufficiently compelled to bring up, explicitly, Democrats attacking Republicans in response to what I said. Of course it didn't actually address what I said in any meaningful way; it actually strikes me as someone grasping at straws.

But you were sufficiently compelled to bring up, explicitly, Democrats attacking Republicans in response to what I said. Of course it didn't actually address what I said in any meaningful way; it actually strikes me as someone grasping at straws.
Guess I should stop listening to my dad.

Ignoring the fact that in nearly every western nation, corporate tax and military budgets are almost the same number.

The average citizen doesn't really pay for tanks and jets.

EDIT: This is pretty easy pickings as a ridiculously over posted image. I really don't like tweets.

Ignoring the fact that in nearly every western nation, corporate tax and military budgets are almost the same number.
:confused: The other nations must spend a lot less on corporate tax then because the US spends more of its budget on the military than the rest of the G7.

0184_defense_spending_G7-full.gif

I really don't like tweets.

Think you've come to the wrong place, then.

Last edited:
Think you've come to the wrong place, then.
Have to agree, although come to the wrong time in history might be closer to the mark!

Something about Twitter just always irked me. I can see the positive and interesting side of its role in modern discourse, but it sure does seem to attract a pretty rampant level of twattery - on all sides of every fence, to be clear.

Have to agree, although come to the wrong time in history might be closer to the mark!

Something about Twitter just always irked me. I can see the positive and interesting side of its role in modern discourse, but it sure does seem to attract a pretty rampant level of twattery - on all sides of every fence, to be clear.
Like Soylent Green, Twitter is just people. All of the twattery comes from them, not the medium. I kind of doubt Parler has weeded it out.

Like Soylent Green, Twitter is just people. All of the twattery comes from them, not the medium. I kind of doubt Parler has weeded it out.
Again, can't disagree. But Twitter and it's rise to "this is part of what we put on the news now" status has, in my opinion, inflated people's sense of worth for the drivel that comes out of their mouths.

People say twatty stuff, myself included, but on Twitter it seems like a civic duty to hose-blast the world with half-baked reckonings.

EDIT: It seems particularly masturbatory (can I say that word?) when it's pretty easy to find yourself an echo chamber on Twitter where all one has to do is follow the consensus established opinion and **** all over anyone who dares come in without the required sheet of facts or, you know, has an opinion that makes them look like a bit of a nobber.

To be clear... All sides of every fence.

Woman refuses to do the 'raised fist' salute, & is surrounded/hassled by white BLM nutjobs.

'Peaceful' protestors chanting "NO PEACE!"... :rolleyes:

No Fist.jpg

I'm sure I've seen something like this before...can't quite put my finger on it...hmmm... ;)

No Nazi.jpg

Here's a 'taking the knee' version for all you Kaepernick fans out there.

4a2ug9.jpg

GTA.jpg

Last edited:
Y'know when all you had going for you was that online racing guide I thought you might be a chill dude. You don't even have that link in your signature anymore. You've gone on this horrible crusade for nothing and fixed nothing. Good job alienating a bunch of people.

You're equating Nazis with black lives matter and there's so much wrong with this it's disturbing that you would even consider something like this. But then again you're you, so there's that...

VBR
Woman refuses to do the 'raised fist' salute, & is surrounded/hassled by white BLM nutjobs.

View attachment 953071

I'm sure I've seen something like this before...can't quite put my finger on it...hmmm... ;)

View attachment 953072

View attachment 953073

View attachment 953076

So raising your right hand to recite the Qanon pledge would be what then?

VBR

View attachment 953071

View attachment 953072

View attachment 953073

View attachment 953076

If you wanna say this stuff then stop hiding behind stupid pictures and just say it from your own mouth. These aren't memes, they are just statements that you wish to make but are too afraid to fully stand behind as your own.

You're equating Nazis with black lives matter and there's so much wrong with this it's disturbing that you would even consider something like this. But then again you're you, so there's that...

Satire.jpg

So raising your right hand to recite the Qanon pledge would be what then?

Free from mass mob intimidation.

Back