The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments
Yes, you did... repeatedly.

Or perhaps you just don't know what threatening someone involves? (Hint: It's planning)

If you would have went with this argument from the start I wouldn't have disagreed with you in the slightest. However instead of doing that you decided to steal the Republican's famous Barack "Hussein" Obama play and labelled someone a terrorist based on their name and little else.
Threaten: 3. To give signs or warning of.

Also I wouldnever label a 911 attack as "little else" but that's just me.

Me : I'm warning that if you don't tighten all the lug nuts, your wheels may fall off.

*Wheels fall off*

Northstar: YOU PLANNED THAT

So you apparently don't know the difference between warning someone and threatening someone, good to know.

Still waiting on the source linking Noor to a terrorist plot.

So you apparently don't know the difference between warning someone and threatening someone, good to know.

Still waiting on the source linking Noor to a terrorist plot.
Keep arguing with the dictionary :lol:

PwHzWa7.jpg

No, they don't.

For someone who has used the dictionary as a source for the word threaten you seem to be having a hard time with the meaning of it. She has warned of an attack, that's not the same thing as threatening!

Here's a link that may help you with this concept.
https://www.cornerstonesforparents.com/differences-threats-warnings
Yes I used the dictionary to show you but here you are again, wrestling with the dictionary.

Threaten :
3. To give signs or warning of.

https://www.thefreedictionary.com/threaten

Did you click the link the last time I posted it?

Nope.
You're having a hard time with basic literacy.

:lol:

And you seem to be having a hard time with both basic literacy and supporting your claims.

Still waiting for the source linking Noor with a terrorist plot.

And again, A warning IS NOT THE SAME THING AS A THREAT!

Look, as this debate is obviously going to rage until round about the time of the heat death of the universe I'll add my tuppence.

Definition 3 sorry, definition 2(a) in the free dictionary is in the sense of clouds threatening rain. I don't believe this sense applies to people as it's an anthromorphisation of a natural phenomenon like a weather pattern.

Noor can be foolish without being criminally dangerous. (Other than in the sense that supporting Trump to such a fanatical degree can be considered criminally dangerous.)

I don't believe there's anything sinister about what she's saying since as far as we know she's not speaking as the head of a terrorist organisation with the means to initiate a 9/11 style attack. She's just capitalising on her name and invoking 9/11 style imagery to try and scare people into voting for her orange crush.

The only threat present in my opinion is the increased threat to the collective sanity of GTPlanet the longer this interstate smash-up of a quarrel continues to derail this thread.

As I have no power to enforce any of the above, please consider this a warning and not a threat. That's the moderators' job.

Last edited:
Def2 uses the word warning. It's omitted in def3.
You mean I should've posted "definition 2" instead of "definition 3" in my post above? OK, but I still don't see how it invalidates what I said. When storm clouds rumble people take their threat of rain seriously. It's not just an empty warning but one backed by the potential of everyone getting wet.

Noor's warning is not a threat in this sense. She can't initiate another 9/11. Threats are warnings but not all warnings are threats.

ImaginaryWelltodoBinturong-max-1mb.gif

POTUS
Universal mail-in voting is going to be catastrophic, it's going to make our country the laughing stock of the world
Look what President Trump has threatened to do. He intends to cause a catastrophe that makes the USA the laughing stock of the world.
Yes I know he's done that but that's not the point

You mean I should've posted "definition 2" instead of "definition 3" in my post above? OK, but I still don't see how it invalidates what I said. When storm clouds rumble people take their threat of rain seriously. It's not just an empty warning but one backed by the potential of everyone getting wet.

Noor's warning is not a threat in this sense. She can't initiate another 9/11. Threats are warnings but not all warnings are threats.

View attachment 956228
she's declaring foreknowledge of a terror attack. She could forward that Intel to proper authorities to stop that terrorist threat permanently. Instead she's using that knowledge for coercion.

And even if it's an empty threat, it's still a threat and still coercion. Terrorism doesn't stop because the event ended. 911 had countless consequences that we still feel decades later and she's capitalizing on that fear. She's using 911 to incite fear of another terrorist attack if she doesn't get the outcome she wants.

ezgif-4-8cca3725355f.gif

Would you class this as the car threatening the crash? Regrettably there is no law against BS warnings for the sake of publicity otherwise all those preachers predicting the end of the world would’ve been carted off to prison years ago.

Noor's warning is not a threat. The authorities are free to take her in for questioning if they want to but I don't think they or anyone sensible is taking her warning seriously. If you read the interviews she's not claiming specific knowledge of an attack, just Chicken Littling about radical Islam.

Last edited:
View attachment 956231

Would you class this as the car threatening the crash? Regrettably there is no law against BS warnings for the sake of publicity otherwise all those preachers predicting the end of the world would’ve been carted off to prison years ago.

Noor's warning is not a threat. The authorities are free to take her in for questioning if they want to but I don't think they or anyone sensible is taking her warning seriously. If you read the interviews she's not claiming specific knowledge of an attack, just Chicken Littling about radical Islam.
A threat doesn't need to be credible for it to be dangerous. A warning doesn't even need to be real for it to be harmful. It's the reason why limits are placed on free speech.

She's invoking one of the world's most infamous terror attacks to provoke the same exact fear.

A threat doesn't need to be credible for it to be dangerous. A warning doesn't even need to be real for it to be harmful. It's the reason why limits are placed on free speech.

She's invoking one of the world's most infamous terror attacks to provoke the same exact fear.
She's not an extremist terrorist anymore then?

Edit: Sorry, I think I misread that. Looks like you still think she is?

Last edited:
At best, she's fear-mongering. But her statement that a 9/11 attack will happen if Trump isn't re-elected is about as credible as Trump threatening America will be destroyed if he isn't re-elected.

They're just statements made to shock people into voting for their side b/c they have no limits when it comes to grabbing votes.

Back