The Political Satire/Meme Thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 13,689 comments
I think we are where we are because we have now settled into our hyper partisan cocoons and no longer question how information is being spread to us. It doesn't help that social media knows how you lean by what you like and post. Algorithms built in to browsers etc. Now we have a couple million people who saw a 10 minute rant by a guy sitting in his big rig who has to "tell you like it is" or the "truth" about what's going on. Shared by your friends who just happen to lean the same way as you. We need a quick answer to changes even if we have to abandon logic to agree with how we are hearing it. It is what it is and it can be seen by both extremes if you look hard enough.

A bunch of Louisiana folks moving there would have the same effect.
Oh tha memories of Katrina victims coming here...

Twas fun...

/rude sarcasm

Seriously GA took a huge hit after the huge influx of Katrina victims, most homeless, with nothing and broke, obviously...

4zh8ut3b6bn51.jpg

It really doesn't. While I agree with the shirt.
I posted it for lolz. That's what this thread is about, ain't it?
Y'all want to pick my brain for some stupid reason about a stupid shirt.
Here! Don't Texas my Georgia. Don't New York my California. Don't China my America.
Y'all happy now? The basis of the shirt can be made to everyone's liking.
Y'all over think crap way too much and this is how it turns out.
Do I need to post 1250 versions of the shirt to make everyone happy?
God people...
Oh and just cause I voted for Trump and Kemp doesn't mean I voted Republican down the entire ballot.
How exactly I vote and you voted is no ones business.

I do have a right to complain and make jokes. Y'all do it daily about Trump. So give it a rest.

The O&CE Forum.jpg

Quick poll, which of the two candidates from the two major parties do you think is most like Putin?
My like of @TheCracker post should tell you who.
I'll be writing in Tulsi this election anyways. So if Hillary is correct on her being a Russian whatever she said, I'll be Russianing America.

Sorry, I'm not sorry.
/s

Seriously though if the compass here is correct I'd like to see if she actually does line up with my thoughts since we are rather close on the compass. Even though I know she won't win...

vYzd67U.jpg

Does anybody fall for this lol
Almost 63 million people fell for the voting for him part. I'd imagine some number of those were desperate to somehow throw some cash at something that seemed somewhat believable to them.

The link doesn't work, being just a screenshot of a link. If I type the details into the address bar I can donate that way?

And I see Blankety Blank is coming back.
For any Americans out there, Blankety Blank is our version of The Match Game. The Aussies came up with the name.

But yeah, testing is a joke in our country.

Front cover of the mirror playing off a famous political poster.

I didn't see the original poster at first, so I thought it was a reference to the Brexit campaign's "breaking point" poster.

And I see Blankety Blank is coming back.

My wife said I could put my marrow in her blank. Cue five minutes of weeping laughter from the octagenarian coach parties. Happy days.

But yeah, testing is a joke in our country.

Mrs. Ten needed a test (I'm pleased to say it was negative) and it took her days of trying before she managed to book a test. When she turned up at the testing site she was the only person there apart from the thirty-or-so staff. It seems that the booked slot includes the laboratory booking... and the labs don't have any more capacity. We have the capacity to administer many more tests than we are doing but we can't analyse them.

Given that private tests are available I wonder if the government can incease capacity by compelling private laboratories to test "state" samples?

It seems that the booked slot includes the laboratory booking... and the labs don't have any more capacity. We have the capacity to administer many more tests than we are doing but we can't analyse them.
You'd think the Westminster government would make that clearer to the public so they would seem less shambolic.
This particular government's default position is pretty much always "everything's going really well, we're doing fine, why would you badmouth Britain". I see echoes of the Trump style of "leadership" in our Prime Minister but don't know if that comes entirely from Mr Johnson himself or if Dominic Cummings' analysis has shown that to be the most likely way for a politician to succeed.

You'd think the Westminster government would make that clearer to the public so they would seem less shambolic.
This particular government's default position is pretty much always "everything's going really well, we're doing fine, why would you badmouth Britain". I see echoes of the Trump style of "leadership" in our Prime Minister but don't know if that comes entirely from Mr Johnson himself or if Dominic Cummings' analysis has shown that to be the most likely way for a politician to succeed.

It's almost as if they see the population as a hindrance or maybe a commodity rather than the actual body of people they are employed to serve.

Back