The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
Firstly, welcome back Rosen, I am pleased that you had a great holiday.đź‘Ť We have missed you.

Secondly, the results of last nights practice. There were 6 of us attending, but trotter had to go before we started the short races. This track will be quite testing for those who are not used to it, as we discovered last night. It took us all quite a few laps, and changes in set ups to find some good pace. The races were a lot of fun.

The Sunday Cup Daytona road practice.

COBANI...1:56.982
DOWLIN39...1:57.691
JAMESYBOGRAT...1:58.795
ADE3210...1:58.827
NOT4A4...2:04.152

These are the times that I have taken from the 4 replays that I saved. I am sure we ran more races than this, so if any of you did faster times, please let me know.

Finally, just a reminder about the power upgrades.

Upgrade options every 2 races.

UPGRADE OPTION 1. Sports ECU.

UPGRADE OPTION 2. Sports manifold and cat.

UPGRADE OPTION 3. Sports intake and racing air filter.

You may buy and try any of the above, but only install 1 upgrade then set the power to 187BHP using the power limiter.
(UPGRADE OPTIONS 2 and 3 include both parts listed.)

After race 4 you will be able to choose one of the remaining upgrades, and set the BHP to 187

Edit, I have since found a bit more pace, and managed a 1:58.0xx in a short practice with Rosenlundaren last night.

Last edited:
Hi fellow drivers!

I'm back from a wonderful vacation on the Islands of Cape Verde. If you want sun, long beaches and a relaxed atmosphere, and have the possibilities you just have to go there! đź‘Ť
The only thing that I missed was the regulary race events. :)

It seems like you have had great races and fun and now it's time for me to dust off my rig and enter Daytona. I am probably very out of shape but tonight I will get into hard training, so I welcome everybody else to join. I surely need some tips...

I believe that I will be online about 7.00 - 7.30 GMT.

welcome back mate. đź‘Ť

Thanks Trotter! :)

Finally I did some laps under 2.00.xxx, the best was 1.59.2xx.

So if I manage to get more tracktime I may shave of one or two seconds more. :)

Ade, I assume there will be a practice session on saturday, sort of like a warm up session (like in the old days of F1). I'm just asking to give it some extra attention and to 'not let this thread disappear on the second page'... :sly:

I could use a warm up for the first corner, she can bite you.

Ade, I assume there will be a practice session on saturday, sort of like a warm up session (like in the old days of F1). I'm just asking to give it some extra attention and to 'not let this thread disappear on the second page'... :sly:

I could use a warm up for the first corner, she can bite you.

You are right Cobani, there will be a last minute shakedown practice session for Sundays race on Saturday at 8.00pm BST. As we discovered last week, the first corner is a biter, and anyone who missed last weeks session will benefit from a warm up at Daytona. Racers also need to be aware of the pit stop. There are 2 exits from the pit lane at Daytona, and we will be using the second exit.

You are right Cobani, there will be a last minute shakedown practice session for Sundays race on Saturday at 8.00pm BST. As we discovered last week, the first corner is a biter, and anyone who missed last weeks session will benefit from a warm up at Daytona. Racers also need to be aware of the pit stop. There are 2 exits from the pit lane at Daytona, and we will be using the second exit.

Daytona_Pit_Exit.jpg

Just to clarify, we'll follow the narrow line all the way to turn 2.
And yes, in real life it's just as narrow. :nervous: :lol:

Daytona_Pit_Exit.jpg

Just to clarify, we'll follow the narrow line all the way to turn 2.
And yes, in real life it's just as narrow. :nervous: :lol:

Thanks Cobani.đź‘Ť It is just as narrow, but at least it doesnt bring us straight out into turn 1.:nervous:

GTP_ADE
Thanks Cobani.đź‘Ť It is just as narrow, but at least it doesnt bring us straight out into turn 1.:nervous:

Yea we all had more than a few mishaps at turn 1 so its hard enough without a possible moving chicane to get around too :lol: It is slightly awkward at first but after a few drives through it its easy.

Also I just finished a 3 hour practice in case I dont make it tonight and I managed a fastest time of 1:56:952. Theres more time to get as I was faster in some sectors but couldn't get that 'perfect' lap. I also did a few full distance stints with no pitting to see how good tyre wear was and by the end I had 60-50% left in them everytime.

Last edited:
Also I just finished a 3 hour practice in case I dont make it tonight and I managed a fastest time of 1:56:952

That time puts you as the fastest racer yet at Daytona, and it would have been set with no slipstreaming, so that could put you in contention with the front runners come Sunday.đź‘Ť

We will have to see if that time is bettered at tonights practice at 8.00pm.

...Also I just finished a 3 hour practice in case I dont make it tonight and I managed a fastest time of 1:56:952. Theres more time to get as I was faster in some sectors but couldn't get that 'perfect' lap. I also did a few full distance stints with no pitting to see how good tyre wear was and by the end I had 60-50% left in them everytime.

If you look up 'Dedication' in the dictionary, there's a picture of Dowlin next to it.
đź‘Ť Great job and a fantastic goal for tonight!:mischievous:

Great practice tonight, Dowlin stole the show with his very fast lap during his first appearance. Tomorrows race could well see some new names on the podium.

GTP_ADE
Great practice tonight, Dowlin stole the show with his very fast lap during his first appearance. Tomorrows race could well see some new names on the podium.

Your too kind Ade :lol: I havn't been able to replicate that speed since though :scared:

Well, that is race 5 done and dusted. Well done to the podium sitters, especially Third_reign who managed to cause an upset and stop Cobani's run at the top. I enjoyed the racing, and I may have done better if I didnt do my trademark 1st lap spin off, but I wasnt the only one this time. I really enjoyed the last few laps, trying to catch Cobrius, and I would not have got 8th if it hadnt been for the slipstream. When the stewards are happy I will post the final results, until then the results are provisional.

The Sunday Cup Race 5
DAYTONA ROAD
Provisional results

1st...THIRD_REIGN
2nd...COBANI
3rd...JAMESYBOGRAT
4th...GOODWOLF_
5th...COOPER500SPORT
6th...DOWLIN39
7th...ROSENLUNDAREN
8th...ADE3210
9th...COBRIUS
10th...TROTTERLOVER79
11th...PSN-OMNIUSALX​

Really great racing there tonight, I managed to pull off the whole race with only one missed breaking spot and on lazy steer, causing me to hit the wall a bit rough. Otherwise i got to unleash the green hell i tanked today (should try that more often before races :drool:).

For anyone interested, here the tune i used:

Tunig Parts 1+2 (everything that upped RPM limit)
Gearbox: Stock 260kmh with adjusted final gear to 4.000
Full downforce
Ride height 0/0
Springs 8.3/11.5
Damper Ext 5/6
Damper Comp 4/5
Anti Roll Bar 3/4
Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe 0/0
Brakes 6/4 in hindsight i might consider 6/3

The car felt really balanced, the second hairpin in the infield had a tendency to lock up the rear, which is why i would reduce rear brakes a bit. This setup will also be my tuning start off for Fuji, but it surely won't be the same ;)

Just had a look at the replay, and I would like to make a special mention to Dowlin. Superb sportsmanship on lap 3. Watch the replay, because Dowlin would have been in contention for a podium tonight, possibly even 1st, but after touching the grass, he waited for all traffic to pass before rejoining safely. Great racing Dowling.

Just had a look at the replay, and I would like to make a special mention to Dowlin. Superb sportsmanship on lap 3. Watch the replay, because Dowlin would have been in contention for a podium tonight, possibly even 1st, but after touching the grass, he waited for all traffic to pass before rejoining safely. Great racing Dowling.

+1

And gratuliere to Third for his maiden win in SC. Fantastic pace.
Even without my first turn crash while chasing you, I still would not have catched you. You had a few tenths in hand every lap. Things just got even more interesting here at Sunday cup. đź‘Ť

Unlike me who shot across the grass wildly narrowly missing Cobani! lol sorry!

I can't deal with the stress of the first couple of laps! Every race my heart is pounding.

Great race anyways! :D

Thanks Ade for a great event!

Congratulations to the podium! It is admirable that you can make so fast times laps after laps.:bowdown:

My goal with the race was to stay on track, have a steady and safe pace and if it gets tight donÂ’t hesitate and get carried away. I almost achieved my goal with a few exceptions (two or three I believe) and those are related to the bus stop. I turned in a bit too late and lost the line.
So after the start and the mess around (was it turn 4 or 5?) I protected my position and ended up as number seven, which IÂ’m very satisfied with! :)

I really looking forward to the next Sunday Cup and the practice sessions!

Ah! Almost forgot! It was very pleasant to run in before Cobrius! :lol:

Cheers

đź‘Ť :bowdown:

It was a great race for me. I managed to have a good pace and a great battle with Jamesy. After my mistake in the bus stop I lost 7 seconds to Jamesy. I couldn't get close to him so I decided to safely finish and take the 4th.

Congrats to the podium finishers.

Thanks to everyone for the great racing last night, we started, and finished with 11. There would have been 12, but NOT4A4 was ill and couldnt race, and it was good that COOPERS connection held up. The pits stops caused a bit of controversy again, for me anyway. Why did I follow Omnius in, when I had practiced this I will never know. Looking at the replay in a bit more detail, Cobrius was unlucky in the first lap, slightly putting his rear right on the grass, which caused him a big spin. Unfortunately a few others lost a bit of control trying to avoid other cars, myself and Omnius included, and when I rejoined I was in last place. Then I was surprised to come up behind Dowlin, who had an unfortunate encounter with the grass in lap 3. My race continued at a steady pace, with no more incidents until the drive through pit stop. It was then a battle to try and catch Cobrius, and several times I managed to get close, but then lost time out braking myself. It was only in the last lap that I managed to catch his slipstream, and claim 8th place by 8/1000's of a second.

Now to the results. THIRD_REIGN managed to stop COBANI's domination at the top of the podium in his second appearance in the Sunday Cup. COBANI had to settle for the second step, and JAMESYBOGRAT was third, despite his struggle to find a happy set up with the car.

The driver standings remain unchanged for the first 7 places on the table, with COOPER only 3 points behind COBRIUS's third position.

COBANI has won the first prize of the championship by getting the most pole positions. Congratulations COBANI, you have won an exclusive Lotus Cars Hethel 40th anniversary pin badge.

DSC08518.jpg

RACERESULTS.png

POLEANDLAPS.png

driverstandings.png

Last edited:
Back