The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
You other fellow drivers, what are your settings - ABS on or off?

I have ABS on 1, maybe if I set up my DFGT and get used to it, I will give 'no ABS' a try.
For now I'll stick with my trusted DS3, with ABS on 1. :mischievous:

EDIT: I will not be able to attend tonights final practice, so it appears I'll be starting tomorrows race on the back foot.

Last edited:
Great practice session tonight, thanks to everyone for attending. There was a total of 9 tonight, so I think we will be looking at a fairly full grid again for the race, and its going to be close....Can Cobani take his 5th top spot, or will Third_reign cause another upset. Or maybe this will be Jamesybograts week after setting a 1:46.6xx in tonights practice. Goodwolf was also well on the pace tonight, so anything could happen tomorrow.

... maybe this will be Jamesybograts week after setting a 1:46.6xx in tonights practice ...

:eek: Please, somebody tell me he had a quadruple slipstream. :scared:

:lol: That's fantastic stuff, the Sunday Cup keeps getting better and better ...
Cheers!

I'm thinking of Changing my Elise to Silver/Teal colors today :sly:

As for Jamesy, he did a couple 46.high laps, but i managed to take a few 3lap races from him yesterday. I continuously beat him on braking, but he came out of the corners quicker than me. I guess my gearing is off, but I'm not much of a transmission tuner, so I only adjust max speed an final drives.

Not long to go until race 6, I will set the track to Fuji speedway gt, and will change it when a few are in.

Last edited:
Epic racing again tonight, but its a real shame that Cobani and Third _reign suffered mechanical breakdowns. (internet disconnections). They will both still receive some points though. It was all change for the top 3 this week, with Jamesy getting his first win, Dowlins highest finish and a welcome return to the podium for Cobrius.

The Sunday Cup race 6 provisional results.

1st...JAMESYBOGRAT
2nd...DOWLIN39
3rd...COBRIUS
4th...GOODWOLF_
5th...PSN-OMNIUSALX
6th...ADE3210
7th...ROSENLUNDAREN
8th...NOT4A4
9th...TROTTERLOVER
DNF...COBANI
DNF...THIRD_REIGN​

Just a quick reminder, dont forget to install your final upgrades for the next race, and set BHP to197.

Last edited:
Loved it tonight! Absolutley loved it! A nice solid race for me, with some awesome moments! 👍

The battle we had ade towards the end, nearly messing up my pitstop, *just* missing being took off by not4a4 when the pair of you got in front and were battling up to turn 2

Classic all the way :D

Im with Omnius 👍 my favourite race to date. Had a fantastic time during this race battling with Third, Jamesy, Cobrius and Cobani at the start and then fighting Cobrius for 3rd which turned into second because of Third's unfortunate disconnection. Extremely close racing tonight thanks very much Ade. 👍

To be honest I thought my race was gonna be a disaster ha I just wasn't feeling right during qualifying :lol:

I had great fun last night! :)

I had my doubts of turning the ABS on or off, but I made my mind up and don’t regret that I have stepped in to the non-ABS world. Yes, with ABS I should do little faster laps but on the other hand I lose the driving feel.

If you look at the results you can say that my race was not so good after ending up 7th of 11 started and 9 over the finishing line. I say that I did well! In the past races I have always went off track a couple of times and on Fuji I managed to stay on tarmac all the time. Well, almost…I checked out the grass in the chicane once.

Most of the time I was in no-man‘s land chasing Omnius and Ade. I did try hard and did my best laps (1.49.282) during the chase but Ade and Omnius was driving just as fast as me or slightly faster...

I can say that I’m very eager to step up a level so I can challenge the midfield!

Thanks Ade for the event! 👍

Now I have to make a reservation at the Grand Hotel Monaco so I can do some good and efficient training.

Unfortunately my main power switch blew out two times yesterday which left me sitting in the dark. A big thank you for waiting for me during Quali so I could get one flying lap in. That lap, only 0.048 faster than Jamesy made my evening and the race would have been a classic. For you gentlemen it was, but Lady Luck wasn't on my side as darkness ruled my house a second time.

SC_Race6.jpg

Chasing Jamesy and Third_Reign going towards the chicane and then ...

Congrats to Jamesy, Dowlin and Cobrius for the podium and all the others for a fine race. Looking forward to your race reports. 👍

That concludes my Race Report for Fuji. :indiff: Not a nice feeling gearing up for a race two weeks long and have this happen. (Isn't that right Third_Reign)

I'll be extra eager to come back in Monaco, so ... :mischievous:

Cheers.

Last edited:
Good to hear you enjoyed stepping out of "kidmode", you'll probably never go back. I've tried turning on ABS a couple of times but it feels so unnatural.

I had great fun last night! :)

I had my doubts of turning the ABS on or off, but I made my mind up and don’t regret that I have stepped in to the non-ABS world. Yes, with ABS I should do little faster laps but on the other hand I lose the driving feel.

If you look at the results you can say that my race was not so good after ending up 7th of 11 started and 9 over the finishing line. I say that I did well! In the past races I have always went off track a couple of times and on Fuji I managed to stay on tarmac all the time. Well, almost…I checked out the grass in the chicane once.

Most of the time I was in no-man‘s land chasing Omnius and Ade. I did try hard and did my best laps (1.49.282) during the chase but Ade and Omnius was driving just as fast as me or slightly faster...

I can say that I’m very eager to step up a level so I can challenge the midfield!

Thanks Ade for the event! 👍

Now I have to make a reservation at the Grand Hotel Monaco so I can do some good and efficient training.

Ugh, Monaco up next. I've only entered the Track twice, once on the Historic race car ASpec and a second on the FGT Event, dropping out after 5 laps of hopelessly spinning out 3 times. It will be interesting to see how well I'll perform.

If I'm correct, Elises get the final upgrades now, right?

Well we are 3/4 of the way through The Sunday Cup, and because of the "mechanical problems" last night, the championship is now as close as it could be for positions 1 and 2. The midfield racers are also looking incredibly tight. With only 2 races left, everyone will be giving it the big push.

It was a real shame that Cobani and Third_reign suffered from disconnections, but I have decided to award Cobani with half the points he would have won if he had finished the race in his qualifying position (6).

Third_reign's points have been worked out a bit differently, because he was disconnected on lap 18, and he was in 1st place at the time. He will receive half his grid position points (5) + an additional 4 points giving him a total of 9. I have worked the additional points by halving the amount of laps done after the halfway point of the race.

I hope that everyone is happy with this.

Now for the final results....

results.png

poleandlaps-1.png

driverstandings6.jpg

Dont forget to install the final upgrade for the next race.

If I'm correct, Elises get the final upgrades now, right?

Yes. 197 BHP.

LOL.

It feels like I didn't even race at Fuji. All the action was happening in front and behind me. For 20 laps I was all alone.

Well the dust has settled and the driver standings show that its no longer a one horse race, at least for the front runners. Who will be the champion of the Sunday Cup. With a maximum of 24 points left, Cobani or Jamesy have to win the last 2 races to be crowned Champion. Cobrius is still in the running aswell, just 15 points away.

Here's my story and pictures of Sundays race...

FujiSpeedwayF.jpg

11 Starters on the grid, but no one could foresee what would happen to both of the series winners.

FujiSpeedwayF_1.jpg

Turn 1, and everyone got through cleanly.

FujiSpeedwayF_2.jpg

The whole pack.

FujiSpeedwayF_3.jpg

The beginnings of a battle that lasted the entire race.

FujiSpeedwayF_4.jpg

Trying to catch Goodwolf.

FujiSpeedwayF_5.jpg

Not that far behind Cobani at the chicane.

FujiSpeedwayF_6.jpg

Omnius and Ade get close.

FujiSpeedwayF_7.jpg

Swapping positions in the slipstream countless times.

FujiSpeedwayF_8.jpg

Not4A4 joins the party.

FujiSpeedwayF_9.jpg

Along with Rosen.

FujiSpeedwayF_10.jpg

And we were all after Goodwolf.

FujiSpeedwayF_11.jpg

Lap after lap the party carried on.

FujiSpeedwayF_12.jpg

Contact with Not4A4 at turn 1, My fault, but I did wait.

FujiSpeedwayF_13.jpg

But the next lap I got past cleanly, and Omnius went a bit deep.

FujiSpeedwayF_14.jpg

Ade gets out of the turn in front.

FujiSpeedwayF_15.jpg

And keeps ahead of Omnius.

FujiSpeedwayF_16.jpg

Coming out of the pits, with Omnius close behind.

FujiSpeedwayF_17.jpg

Omnius got past me on lap 18, and for the rest of the race I was chasing hard. At the start of lap 20 I caught his slip, and flashed my lights.

FujiSpeedwayF_18.jpg

I got past, but it wasnt to be, I was too late on the brakes into turn 1 on the final lap.

FujiSpeedwayF_19.jpg

Omnius retakes the position, and that is how it stayed.

Did a few laps of Monaco where two things hit me:

- We're going to get some awesome shots in our Race Reports!
- The Elise makes the track look pretty wide in certain parts, so maybe you can overtake. 💡

I'll be back in Monaco this weekend if Ade's going for his practice session and then I'll be gunning to break the 1.40:000 barrier as I did high 40's / low 41's now.

Anybody else got some laptimes in?

EDIT: On Saturday there will be a race ...

Did a few laps of Monaco where two things hit me:

- We're going to get some awesome shots in our Race Reports!
- The Elise makes the track look pretty wide in certain parts, so maybe you can overtake. 💡

I'll be back in Monaco this weekend if Ade's going for his practice session and then I'll be gunning to break the 1.40:000 barrier as I did high 40's / low 41's now.

Anybody else got some laptimes in?

EDIT: On Saturday there will be a race ...

I havnt had the chance to take a spin around Monaco yet, but will try to find some time before Sundays practice session and get my times posted. Now that everyone will be running the same upgrades, it will be interesting to see the different times.

had quick few laps online to test (very little set-up,just final gear),looks like it's going to be another epic Sunday.
best time so far is a 1:39.6 but can't seem to get a clean lap,some suspension set-up should give a little time .:)

I was hoping to get a few laps in before tonights practice session, but as it was the Mrs birthday yesterday it wasnt to be. I will try to get a cheeky half an hour before I open the room at 8.00pm for short race practice.

...With a maximum of 24 points left, Cobani or Jamesy have to win the last 2 races to be crowned Champion. Cobrius is still in the running aswell, just 15 points away.

had quick few laps online to test (very little set-up,just final gear),looks like it's going to be another epic Sunday.
best time so far is a 1:39.6 but can't seem to get a clean lap,some suspension set-up should give a little time .:)

No pressure ... :)

I am 99% sure I found the fault in my electrical system, so let's hope for a full race this time out. But first ... I need to find some pace!

Looking forward to tonight :mischievous:

No pressure ... :)

I am 99% sure I found the fault in my electrical system, so let's hope for a full race this time out. But first ... I need to find some pace!

Looking forward to tonight :mischievous:

Me too, really looking forward to driving our Lotus's at Monaco, especially after the F1 today. 👍👍👍 Ade is a very happy bunny.👍

I've been watching the Euro GT3 👍

the gt3 has been good viewing (on motors tv)
have been looking at the cars in the FIA GT4 series.
might set up a saturday series similar to the sunday cup.
will do a little bit more research before i comit to it ,would be interested in any opinions..👍

Quote of the Sunday Cup......

"If you can keep your head when Jamesy is losing his, you'll be .2 up!" - Anon.

Great practice session tonight. There were 6 in attendance, and we learnt that this race is going to require a red hot qualifying time. Its going to be real hard to overtake, so whoever ends up at the front of the grid will have the advantage. Tonights fastest times will be posted tomorrow.

Back