The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
Would love you to join us Rhino, but it would mean all headsets to be switched off during the race if the room exceeds 12, if that is OK with everyone else.

Don't worry. :) If someone can't make it then let me know? Cheers.

I know that Trotter and Not4A4 have been practicing his week, and both have managed to trim down their times from Sundays practice session. I think Sundays race is going to be close right through the pack with battles for mid field positions as well as the fight at the front.

Thanks Cobani and Ade for your answers regarding my concerns about chicanes.:)

I have also managed to cut a few seconds on my fastest lap, which is great, but the consistency is not there yet.

I can race without the headset, no problem.👍

Thanks Cobani and Ade for your answers regarding my concerns about chicanes.:)

I have also managed to cut a few seconds on my fastest lap, which is great, but the consistency is not there yet.

I can race without the headset, no problem.👍

Good to see all the behind the scenes practicing going on, I am sure that come race day you will trim even more off.👍 Good to know that you are using the replays also to get your braking points right.

Yeah i hope to get a better position this race, i am looking for 5th. but that mite be to high for me :)

I think that if you are looking for 5th Tony, you need to be following Rosens example. Practice and watch the replays,(if you saved them). Watch where the fast drivers are braking for chicanes. I did notice on a couple of the replays that you were way too fast, and ended up in the concrete.:banghead: In the first video, you were going over 90mph at the first part of the chicane and that lost you 5 places. Also watch your track re-entry, as you will loose time if you hit another driver when returning to the track, and also spoil it for them. If you go off track, make sure it is clear before coming back on. Finally corner cutting at the chicanes will loose you time in the race, as well as earning you a penalty from the marshalls. Taking a bit of kurb is one thing, but short cuts across the grass will make your tyres slippery as well as being a danger to others. I know that you are eager to get to the front end of the pack, and being patient will help. Slow in, Fast out.

With a little more practice you will be fighting for positions.👍👍👍

Sorry for the grainy video's, they were filmed on my psp.

Last edited:
Just had another quick practice session, I'm finally now lapping at a constant 2:03/2.04's with my best at 2:02.531

Its amazing what you can do with a Haynes manual and a box of spanners! :lol: 👍

(One good thing about practicing at Monza....after a few laps in the Elise, it just pit and jump into the Evo for some CORE laps :sly: )

Great to see all the practicing that is going on, Sundays race is going to be 1 to remember I think. 👍👍

Last edited:
Its amazing what you can do with a Haynes manual and a box of spanners! :lol: 👍

(One good thing about practicing at Monza....after a few laps in the Elise, it just pit and jump into the Evo for some CORE laps :sly: )

Its amazing what you can do with a Jamesy manual and a bograt of spanners.:D:D

After tonights practice at Monza for tomorrows CORE event in the Evo's, I may well be able to improve my time here in the Elise. I think I will have a small practice session on Saturday night if anyone wants to join.

Last edited:
2:01:5** up to speed for Sunday!

JAMESYBOGRAT...2:00.616
COBANI...2:00.674
ADE3210...2:01.370
NOT4A4...2:02.386
TROTTERLOVER79...2:04.057
COBRIUS...2:05.054
TONYBUK...2:06.720
OMNIUS...2:08.008
ROSENLUNDAREN...2:08.321

Looks like its going to be another Cooper/Ade battle then 👍👍

I am going to have a practice session tomorrow (Sat) at 8.00pm.

JAMESYBOGRAT...2:00.616
COBANI...2:00.674
ADE3210...2:01.370
NOT4A4...2:02.386
TROTTERLOVER79...2:04.057
COBRIUS...2:05.054
TONYBUK...2:06.720
OMNIUS...2:08.008
ROSENLUNDAREN...2:08.321

Looks like its going to be another Cooper/Ade battle then 👍👍

I am going to have a practice session tomorrow (Sat) at 8.00pm.

I've got my time down to 2:02:527 👍

This could well be the race where the frontrunners of the first two races find themselves battling in and with the midfield, 'cause it's so close! Can't wait!

This could well be the race where the frontrunners of the first two races find themselves battling in and with the midfield, 'cause it's so close! Can't wait!

Yes you are right Cobani, as we found out at last nights CORE race at Monza. With the super slipstreams here, it sometimes seems easy to overtake on the straights, but then its also easy to miss the braking points, and loose the time in the corners. After 30 laps in the Evo's last night, I think tonights practice will be for retuning my brain to the Elise.:boggled:

Interesting practice session tonight, with both Cobani and Jamesy getting into 1:59.xxx's. Tomorrows race will be equally interesting with qualifying. With more cars on the track the qualifying times may well be slower, and with the super slipstreams Monza has, the racing will be close. See you all on the grid.👍👍👍

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the PSN maintenance that was going to take place last Thursday has now been rescheduled for TODAY!!! And will last until Monday :banghead:

DUE TO PSN MAINTENANCE, TONIGHTS RACE WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL NEXT SUNDAY 11/3/2012. ALL OTHER RACE DATES ON THE CALENDER ARE UNAFFECTED. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

Sorry guys, I know you were all looking forward to the race, but the PSN will be down from 8.00pm tonight for 14 hours.:mad::mad: We will still run all the other races on the same dates. This means that we will not get as much practice for the Tsukuba race.

https://www.gtplanet.net/lengthy-psn-maintenance-to-affect-gt5s-online-services-march-4th5th/

Last edited:
Bad timing eh! Would have been a really close race tonight! Minis and Elises next weekend!

Yes mate, busy weekend with Mini Madness on Saturday, and Sunday Cup race 3 on the Sunday. I may use the time tonight to get a bit of offline practice in the Mini so I can post some times in the thread. 👍👍

We may not be able to race our Lotus's this weekend, but that hasnt stopped the F1 final testing at Barcelona, and the Lotus's certainly shined.

Morning times at Catalunya Circuit, testing day 4:

P Driver Team Time Laps
1 RAIKKONEN LOTUS 1m22.030s 41
2 Alonso Ferrari 1m22.250s +0.220 63
3 Senna Williams 1m22.296s +0.266 53
4 Hulkenberg Force India 1m22.312s +0.282 45
5 Kobayashi Sauber 1m22.386s +0.356 57
6 Hamilton McLaren 1m22.430s +0.400 60
7 Petrov Caterham 1m22.795s +0.765 43
8 Schumacher Mercedes 1m22.939s +0.909 57
9 Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1m23.393s +1.363 53
10 Vettel Red Bull 1m23.608s +1.578 15

http://www.lotusf1team.com/Barcelona-Day-4-Blog.html

Last edited:
What bad timing! But for me it makes no difference, I'm put to bed because of a bad cold. I tried to do some laps but no, it's not possible.

And on Thursday we go on vacation for a couple of weeks. I should make it to the Tsukuba race (?).

Cheers mates!

What bad timing! But for me it makes no difference, I'm put to bed because of a bad cold. I tried to do some laps but no, it's not possible.

And on Thursday we go on vacation for a couple of weeks. I should make it to the Tsukuba race (?).

Cheers mates!
Get well soon and enjoy the holiday!
:cheers:

Only four of us where present at the (maybe not so) final practice for Monza and it was an evening filling event where a lot was learned from each other:
I learned a few basics on setting up a car (thanks Jamesy), Ade loves to drive at Suzuka, Jamesy does a pretty good Omnius impression and I learned that...

I still love my orange ...
SC_Race3Practice1.jpg

Jamesy loves to go ridiculously fast ...
SC_Race3Practice4.jpg

Omnius loves his headlights ...
SC_Race3Practice2.jpg

And Ade loves the gravel at Parabolica.
SC_Race3Practice3.jpg

Cheers

Awesome pics as always Cobani, its a shame we have to postpone, but we cant control the PSN. Hopefully the maintenance may clear up some of the connection issues. Yes I do love Suzuka :lol:, not so sure about the gravel at Parabolica :yuck:, and as for Omnius's headlights, I sometimes go for a whole race with my wipers on. :dunce:

getting better 👍

keep it up .

BTW if you need any help just ask as we aim to please, and make you quicker..

New time 204.998

BTW if you need any help just ask as we aim to please, and make you quicker..

Good work Tony, you are getting there. Jamesy is a wizzard. He WILL make you quicker. Thursday is practice for CORE, but if you want to join us Tony, I am sure we could run a few laps at Monza in the Elise, and get you down to 2:02/2:03.

Last edited:
Yeah cheers, i did that by my self, but it could be different when i race. But yeah any help would be great, i need to make my gear set up better.

Back