The Sunday Cup...Lotus Club GT...Open 

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 5,926 comments
how did the practice go, sorry i couldn't make it.
but if you have another one please let me know.
if not i will see you on sunday.

how did the practice go, sorry i couldn't make it.
but if you have another one please let me know.
if not i will see you on sunday.

I didnt get the chance to practice last night. What with the triple bill of racing starting tonight with CORE GT, then MINI MADNESS on Saturday and then its RACE 3 of THE SUNDAY CUP on Sunday, I thought I better spend the evening off my rig. :D

Last edited:
Dont forget gents, The Sunday Cup race 3 is tomorrow at 8.00pm. Hope your all still up to pace for Monza, and then its only 1 week until Tsukuba, so some midweek practice might be in order. As there is no Zero Cup this week, Wednesday sounds like a good night for this.👍

Don't forget gents, The Sunday Cup race 3 is tomorrow at 8.00pm. Hope your all still up to pace for Monza, and then its only 1 week until Tsukuba, so some midweek practise might be in order. As there is no Zero Cup this week, Wednesday sounds like a good night for this.👍

sounds good Wednesday at around 8

About to start my final warm up session for the big one!
Seems a long time since we had the final practice ...
Good luck everybody. 👍

About to start my final warm up session for the big one!
Seems a long time since we had the final practice ...
Good luck everybody. 👍

It does seem so long ago, but race 3 is nearly here. I will open the room at 7.45, and the track will be set to Monza (no chicane), and I will change it when everyone is in. This is to stop the qualifying glitch.

I bet I'm late! :mad: had to pick my wife up from Newcastle central station, but the train was late! :banghead: pleased we've got this app for our phones!!! Wait if you can...shouldnt be long 👍

That was an AWESOME race tonight, finally paid off all the practicing (and mechanical assistance too from Jamesy!)

Only 3 races in Ade, but what a time to be involved with the SC! I'm loving it!!!

Well it was good to pull a Q time out that netted me a 2nd spot on the grid, then to lead for a fraction of the race, then some epic multi lap battles, with you good self, Cobrius, Not4a4 and of course Cooper 👍

If this doesn't send the message out there into GTP land that we are a bunch of 'proper' racers I don't know what will 💡

Catch you all through the week 👍

Super racing again tonight gents, 10 on the grid, and Monza proved to be really close (again), with the usual suspects sharing the podium.

Thank you all for coming tonight, I appreciate it after I had to postpone last week. Next week is Tsukuba and we are back on schudule. Practice for Tsukuba is on Wednesday at 8.00pm.

Race3 Monza provisional results.

1st...COBANI
2nd...JAMESYBOGRAT
3rd...COBRIUS
4th...NOT4A4
5th...PSN-OMNIUSALX
6th...COOPER500SPORT
7th...GOODWOLF_
8th...ADE3210
9th...TROTTERLOVER79
10th...TONYBUK​

Pole position...COBANI

Fastest lap...JAMESYBOGRAT...2:00.286​

Last edited:
Great race and an epic battle at the end with ade. I was hopping to finish 5th but I was one second down of my average time to do that.

This is a great championship so thanks ade for setting it up. :)

Great race and an epic battle at the end with ade. I was hopping to finish 5th but I was one second down of my average time to do that.

This is a great championship so thanks ade for setting it up. :)

I really enjoyed that battle in the last 2 laps, it was down to the wire. I too was hoping for 5th, but that dream was smashed in the 15th lap. I have viewed the replay, and it was a wheel on the grass that sent me into that terrible spin.

I really enjoyed that battle in the last 2 laps, it was down to the wire. I too was hoping for 5th, but that dream was smashed in the 15th lap. I have viewed the replay, and it was a wheel on the grass that sent me into that terrible spin.

Yeah you had a tough time tonight. Hopefully Tsukuba will be better for us.

what made me like i was, i turned my 5th gear up lol that made me slower on the straights, if i never did that i wouldnt of done so badly. but next race is a quick track so no need for that :) But i will be on every day for a 1 hour to try and get my speed up.

I need to do this, i no i am not a good driver like all you guys, but i am learning.
and least i dint do what i did last week :).

But yeah, it was a good race at the back :)

... Well it was good to pull a Q time out that netted me a 2nd spot on the grid, then to lead for a fraction of the race ...

You lead the race? Pictures or it didn't happen! :lol:

Just finished my photoshoot of this race (including Omnius leading 👍) Got a lovely shot, which will become my new background I guess.

:embarrassed:

...If this doesn't send the message out there into GTP land that we are a bunch of 'proper' racers I don't know what will ...

Agreed! 👍

Looking forward to seeing the photos and everybody’s updates, sorry just a fan looking in:)

Epic racing again last night gents, I only wish that I was involved in the upfront battles, but alas I was a victim to cold tyres on lap 1 at Lesmos. After rejoining at the back, I slowly worked my way back through the field, to get into a dramatic 5 lap shoot out with Omnius for 5th. Slipstreams were crazy, with positions changing several times per lap. By now Cooper was catching us, but on lap 15 Omnius went a bit shallow at Roggia, and lost some speed. I managed to but some space between us and thought that I had 5th place in the bag. As I came through Lesmos, and was steaming down serragilo, I was checking my mirror to see how much of a gap I had, when I touched the grass on the right, and went into an almighty tank slapper. I could only watch as Omnius, Cooper and Goodwolf went by. The next three laps were spent try to catch Goodwolf, and the last lap battle with him was awesome, and I got past, but he managed to slipstream me coming out of Parabolica, to take 7th place by 11/1000th's of a second.

AutodromoNazionaleMonza.jpg

MONZA IS GO GO GO
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_1.jpg

ALL THROUGH TURN 1 OK
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_2.jpg

LESMOS AND COLD TYRES, NOT A GOOD MIX
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_3.jpg

RESULTING IN....FACING THE WRONG WAY
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4.jpg

BATTLE FOR FIFTH
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_5.jpg

LAP AFTER LAP
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_7.jpg

LAP 15 INTO ROGGIA
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_8.jpg

BEGINNING OF THE TANK SLAPPER
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_9.jpg

WRONG WAY...AGAIN
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_10.jpg

11/1000th's OF A SECOND

Thanks everyone once again for last night, and for your participation in The Sunday Cup.

Last edited:
RACE OF CHAMPIONS!

A story of 'Almost'.....

From an unlikely 2 spot on the grid I find myself in the lightheaded realm of 1st?????!!!!!! :lol: I'm sure even Cobani can't quite believe it!

1.jpg

YES! I'm actually leading the charge! (what no goodwolf? :eek: )

2.jpg

Real test time - Anchors Away!!!!

3.jpg

NOT! the time to try out the handling of the Elise!!!! CATCH IT!!!! I haven't done all this just to plant it in the kitty litter! :eek:

4.jpg

Good entertainment for jamesy, not the sort I had in mind though :scared:

5.jpg

As the laps increased, it became a 3 horse race (with Cobrius not far behind I'd like to add!)

6.jpg

ARE MY EYES DECEIVING ME???? IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS????!!!!!! :sly: :crazy: ....car 67 come in, your time is up! (This would be a perfect time for the following phrase - "...when I left you I was but a learner, NOW I AM THE MASTER!" - but I won't use it :lol: )

7.jpg

Oh No COOP! ade can tell you ALL about that corner :indiff: It doesn't work with hot race tyres!

8.jpg

...Told you so! :dunce: :)

9.jpg

There have been many movies....The Battle for the Planet of the Apes, Battle : Los Angeles, Battle of the Stars, Battlestar Galactica.

This was our own.....Battle for 5th! 👍

10.jpg

11.jpg

Hmmm, let me check my book of Murray Walker quotes....

12.jpg

"I can't imagine what kind of problem ade (Senna) has. I imagine it must be some sort of grip problem"

13.jpg

As the race came to a close, a true gent of a racer - Cooper - DIDN'T slipstream me off the Parabolica, but tried to use every ounce of power to pass 👍 but it wasn't to be, I got my highest finish to date :)

14.jpg

Awesome pics Omnius, awesome race.👍👍👍

Now to the results. There were 10 on the grid, and we knew that ROSENLUNDAREN would not be able to make it this week. Rosen, we hope you have a nice holiday. The race got off to a good start, with us all making T1 ok, but there was a small problem at Roggia, with TONYBUK missing the chicane, which resulted in contact between COOPER and NOT4A4. The rest of the race was superb with the usual suspects getting on the podium again, and in the same order. Although TONY didnt finish the race, I have decided to award him 1 point, for his attempts. There is no doubt that he wants to get his pace up, and he did try hard last night. The driver standings show that there are shared championship positions for 5th, 6th and 7th place. and COOPER has a 5 point advantage over these with 4th. Congratulations to COBANI, JAMESY and COBRIUS.

Race3 Monza final results.

Race3results.png

POLEANDLAPSRACE3.png

DRIVERSANDINGSRACE3.png

Fantastic to see the race in pictures from everyone's point of view. Great stuff and awesome pictures I might add.

Tony, did a short run on Sutjuba and managed a 57.8. Jamesy already pulled of a wopping 56.9.

thank you very much ade, hope this will help me get a faster time at the next race. going to have a practice after the Liverpool game later.

if anyone want to have a open track session tomorrow, no race just practice, so we can all feel the comp of the other drivers and see each other lap times for the next race. we can all ask ade see if we can do it for about a hour or maybe less to set up the cars for the race,

Latest Posts

Back