The Things That Annoy You

• Thread starter ScottPuss20
  • 2,362 comments
The carried over annoyance of the driver light for the Super GT GT500 cars. Instead of programming the lights to switch each time the player pits, players have to spend 800,000Cr. for the light.

Please explain this, it does not make sense to me
There are primary and secondary drivers in Super GT GT500. An amber light in the top left hand corner of the windscreen denotes the first driver and after pit stop/driver change, it changes to blue to indicate the second driver is now driving the car. We have to buy both available “liveries” to try and simulate this. Yet, we can’t switch those cars during a pit stop. It just negates the purpose of simulating the Super GT series. PD didn’t even bother to at least program the lights to change during pit stops. It was bad in GT Sport and just bad in GT7. Just a minute change would eliminate this.

IMG_5263.jpeg

IMG_5266.jpeg

IMG_5267.jpeg

Last edited:
It annoys me immensely that HUD on/off cannot be assigned to a button.
wow that would be perfect. i drive without hud mostly, however, in races when i need to view fuel, weather and lap count, i HATE having to pause and change the settings each time. to be able to have a button to pop in to view and check things quickly and then back off AS I CONTINUE TO RACE would be amazing.

Last edited:
wow that would be perfect. i drive without hud mostly, however, in races when i need to view fuel, weather and lap count, i HATE having to pause and change the settings each time. to be able to have a button to pop in to view and check things quickly and then back off AS I CONTINUE TO RACE would be amazing.
Yeah I’ve been saying this since GT5. It seems like an absolute no brainer, but maybe that’s the problem, whoever is in charge of the HUD… jk lol

It just negates the purpose of simulating the Super GT series.

To be fair to them, they never did this

It annoys me immensely that HUD on/off cannot be assigned to a button.

I can just see it now, hordes of controller users flicking their HUD on and off involuntarily when gripping the pad too tight 😆

Edit: merge posts

Last edited:
To be fair to them, they never did this
Not sure that’s fair. Thing is, they never did this before GT SPORT where we had to buy the same livery for a driver name and different light. They experimented in GT6 with the Base Model as a way to trial Livery Editor by way of the Paint Chips. We used to get multiple Super GT GT500 liveries of the same car(maybe ten liveries per car?). Sure, licensing probably stopped that, but the logic of paying 1.6mil for the same car that only changes a light and doesn’t even switch the driver names around in the livery, I dunno. Super GT drivers share the same car. It’s not like buying an LMH that’s #7 & #8.

I can just see it now, hordes of controller users flicking their HUD on and off involuntarily when gripping the pad too tight 😆

Edit: merge posts
If it’s assignable it should matter, assign it to the touch pad or something. In my opinion at the very least they should give us that option. The game looks so good with nothing but car (cockpit view) and track on screen.

You know what really grind my gears, has happend a few times to me randomly,

When the AI exits you out of the pits on Bathurst and it squirrels the car because of maybe the new physics update or sumthing, but the car always tends to cross the penalty line, giving me a 3sec penalty and messes up/chugging my whole race up.

Bathurst is a tricky enuff course anyway, 3secs added doesnt help becuase the AI cant drive me out of the pits?

Honda Cooking GIF

I mean it simple thing to do, drive out of the pits.... No?

I sometimes do this with windscreen wipers as I have the mapping assigned to L3. So if you see me turning on my windscreen wipers mid-corner you know what's going on

No engine swap label (or/and separate category), having 500+ cars it's very hard to find ones with swapped engine,
Haptic triggers not fixed,
Stuttering on PS5 not fixed,

The fact that all PSN servers are down at the moment and we can't play. Having to have an always on network connection, even for non sport sucks.

At least music rally works for now….

Last edited:
The lack of incentive to do any of the non-busted payout events in the post-games.

I only see the need to do the ones that give out 6 Star Tickets in Cafe (and not the engine or parts one just the regular) but even then the one of races that give you 700,000+ Cr. are for more consistently worth your time to do over and over. Why should I bother with the other easier events when doing a tiny bit longer getse a far better payout and difficulty is the only reason to do the GT Gr.3, GT Gr.4 and Clubman Cup Plus events. WTC900 at Le Mans is longer, arguably harder but pays half of the WTC700 unless you get the clean race bonus and its still less anyway. Not like older GT games where even if an event payout is low the Prize Car can make up for it.

Solution is simple isn't? Have every post game event and Pepper race events pay out similarly to big 4 payout races in terms of scale so we at least can try out different cars and tracks a lot when grinding or am I missing something?

How about having fun?
Apart from the fact I don't find the drawn out rolling start races that much fun in comparison to the big payout races anyway (variety is the only leg they stand on) and much rather the difficult Pepper Races, Custom Races or driving by myself (which doesn't net anything) when not about the credits. You need the big cash to build up more cars to use, especially when pressured by a Legends car you want or the Invitational.

Also how does that answer what I'm missing in why arent all the Post Game and Pepper race prize pool scaled like the Big 4 which would promote doing any of the post game races regardless of the credits payout.

Last edited:
@Com Fox you really are hitting a philosophical quandary here.

Normally, if I'm playing a videogame and I run out of fun things to do, I'll shelve the game in question, try another one or even go outside and do something else instead.

Some games manage to offset the excitement plateau by presenting a steep challenge, on the promise that good fun will lie ahead once you've got onto that difficulty spike and progressed.

In the case of Gran Turismo, it seems the "challenge" is exactly what you said... To acquire all the cars.

But then what?
What's the reward?.."owning" the cars?
And what's the purpose of that?
To photograph them, to race them, tune them?

If you've finished all of the Single Player content (even the 'slow car' races, you know, some of them are actually quite fun), including Missions, Circuit Experience and Licences then what's next?

I mean you have a Garage full of cars by now, right?

Well, each and every one of those machines represents multiple opportunities to have fun, maybe some of those opportunities won't get you a reward of credits that you yearn for, but you don't need those anymore.

Edit: that's without even mentioning the steep challenge of Online Races and Time Trials!

Last edited:
@Com Fox you really are hitting a philosophical quandary here.

Normally, if I'm playing a videogame and I run out of fun things to do, I'll shelve the game in question, try another one or even go outside and do something else instead.

Some games manage to offset the excitement plateau by presenting a steep challenge, on the promise that good fun will lie ahead once you've got onto that difficulty spike and progressed.

In the case of Gran Turismo, it seems the "challenge" is exactly what you said... To acquire all the cars.

But then what?
What's the reward?.."owning" the cars?
And what's the purpose of that?
To photograph them, to race them, tune them?

If you've finished all of the Single Player content (even the 'slow car' races, you know, some of them are actually quite fun), including Missions, Circuit Experience and Licences then what's next?

I mean you have a Garage full of cars by now, right?

Well, each and every one of those machines represents multiple opportunities to have fun, maybe some of those opportunities won't get you a reward of credits that you yearn for, but you don't need those anymore.

Edit: that's without even mentioning the steep challenge of Online Races and Time Trials!
This has gone off track and not understanding my actual problem, which I guess boils down to how FOMO the game gets

For me I want the cars to drive and custom races opens a lot of possibilities to use them not only to race but as opponents and I love the freedom custom

Garage is stacked especially when you burn through the used car dealership but due to how GT7 is designed you miss a lot of Grouped Race Cars and non Grouped Race Cars since the cafe doesnt give you any outside of rally cars

It isnt the fact I run out of fun things to do, I still get enjoyment in this game but a lot of fun stuff is still behind some walls. I just want to pick different races to drive for cash without feeling like Im wasting time because the easier less difficult pay way more for their time investment and just want the post game races to pay the same so I feel like I can do more stuff and not miss out. Nothing at all about what you are referring too...

This has gone off track and not understanding my actual problem, which I guess boils down to how FOMO the game gets

For me I want the cars to drive and custom races opens a lot of possibilities to use them not only to race but as opponents and I love the freedom custom

Garage is stacked especially when you burn through the used car dealership but due to how GT7 is designed you miss a lot of Grouped Race Cars and non Grouped Race Cars since the cafe doesnt give you any outside of rally cars

It isnt the fact I run out of fun things to do, I still get enjoyment in this game but a lot of fun stuff is still behind some walls. I just want to pick different races to drive for cash without feeling like Im wasting time because the easier less difficult pay way more for their time investment and just want the post game races to pay the same so I feel like I can do more stuff and not miss out. Nothing at all about what you are referring too...

What I'm really getting at is...

Imagine a world where every race in the game pays zero credits. Now what do you do?

What I'm really getting at is...

Imagine a world where every race in the game pays zero credits. Now what do you do?
Depends how you get the cars then? If every car is then a prize car from them instead it arguably would be a better system in general and would make me try more events which you kinda have to since the non pepper GT7 races offer very little in the first place. Which in turn is a similar solution to just have the races pay the same in terms of scale, ability to branch out and do different ones instead of the same 4 until you get enough cars to make interesting races or just get on a good drive or decide to do the harder Pepper races for the challenge.

Take GT3, once you break out of the slow early game, Credits don't matter anymore, almost everything you want can be one as a prize car and the races themselves are made to be interesting enough to want to play them for the sake of it and there is no punishment of missing out on a large amount of mass credits you could get in the same amount of time instead of buy something you want before it goes.

Sense of progression is a really important part but with the credit disparity its all out of whack combined with time management. I would like to spice up the grind but the game actively punishes you for not doing the big 4 payouts by doing the same thing but far less payout for non Pepper races. Game does a poor job at diversifying the fun. I did like using the WTC900 to use my Peugeot 908 but why would I keep doing it if I similar fun on my NSX GT500 and Corvette Group3 for big 4 payouts and I dont miss out on rewards I could be getting to keep going with it if I just stick with those two.

Last edited:
I just have fun racing with friends, and making liveries. I hardly touch the game otherwise. If they allowed sharing of custom races that would dump a lot more new content into the game. Allow people to rate the races out of five stars.

Another thing that would boost interest is if I could do the single player races but with a friend. Both on the track at the same time. Just not a fan of racing alone and sport mode is a gong show. Weekly league race is it.

Latest Posts

Back