The Thrustmaster T500RS Thread

• Thread starter TomN
  • 9,924 comments
Having not used it on PC Sim I can't reply on that.

However on the PS3 with the load cell from Bodin you press down and the pedal sets it's full brake. So I press hard as I can basically and that sets the throws max. Noting it has a greatly reduced throw with load cell.

mate, where did you get your GT6-branded T500RS? Is it a V4, V5 or the new versionless revision? I'm looking for a seller willing to ship it to Brazil, and I'd like to get the new GT6 box...

Hi,

I got mine from a normal retailer in my country (Portugal). I don't know if they ship to Brazil, but they do ship inside Portugal (using SEUR).

I tried to search for a version in the box, wheel, manual but I didn't see any...

Last edited:
Hi,

I got mine from a normal retailer in my country (Portugal). I don't know if they ship to Brazil, but they do ship inside Portugal (using SEUR).

I tried to search for a version in the box, wheel, manual but I didn't see any...
If there are no v. Numbers on your wheel, presumably like mine it no longer has the fan holes on the top?

Please check http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/115767/5/thrustmaster_t500_rs.jpg and let us know whether yours has that rounded cut-out at the far end of the top surface, or if it is closed with just the textured surface all the way across the top panel?

The only other visual cue seen so far is torsion versus compression springs in the pedals... But that change happened a few years ago. The removal of the fan holes on the top surface seems to date from the last few months.

/\/\

Just gonna point out for those not familiar, he's talking about the circle section in the middle. Even the latest versions still have the vent holes on the left/right side.

Hi,

Thank you irmão Tuga :)

I'll defintely wait for the Amazon restock, as all units available in Brazil are V.2s or V.3s, featuring the very failure-prone torsional springs. This makes me wonder if they had indeed packed some of this new hardware revision in the GT5 boxes while waiting for approval/printing/licensing of the GT6 boxes.

Anyways, this portuguese store won't ship to Brazil :(

If there are no v. Numbers on your wheel, presumably like mine it no longer has the fan holes on the top?

Please check http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/115767/5/thrustmaster_t500_rs.jpg and let us know whether yours has that rounded cut-out at the far end of the top surface, or if it is closed with just the textured surface all the way across the top panel?

The only other visual cue seen so far is torsion versus compression springs in the pedals... But that change happened a few years ago. The removal of the fan holes on the top surface seems to date from the last few months.

Definitely no hole. Just the texture. Here is a pic (Can take more if someone wants to check out something):

Thank you irmão Tuga :)

I'll defintely wait for the Amazon restock, as all units available in Brazil are V.2s or V.3s, featuring the very failure-prone torsional springs. This makes me wonder if they had indeed packed some of this new hardware revision in the GT5 boxes while waiting for approval/printing/licensing of the GT6 boxes.

Anyways, this portuguese store won't ship to Brazil :(

Sempre às ordens :)

Can anyone explain the differences between the different versions. And my box said v.5 on the bottom but my pedals don't have any version at all. How else can i tell what version my T500 is?

Hey guys. Does anyone have any info on the T500RS V.6?
I bought my T500 about a month or two months ago, and I decided to check what version my wheel was today. I checked my pedals and they say V5, but my wheel says V6(If anyone is wondering I got my wheel in the white GT5 box). I have read through all the pages so far (untill the point of where I got bored haha) and nothing has been mentioned yet about V6, apart from one post about 100 posts ago about an updated fan or something(Thats where I got bored lol). I have done a brief Google search, and it all comes back to GTplanet!
So far I've had no hardware issues, just software. Mainly having to reboot the firmware when I turn on my PC (Im more of a PC racer, over the consoles). But I think I have fixed that problem, by leaving the wheel powered off, or unpluged from the PC before startup. (Even though I could leave it pluged in/on before with no problems).
Other then that, it was a worthy investment, over my old unreliable Fanatec Turbo S which probably cost me as much as 2 T500's amazingly.

If you look back through this thread there is a HUGE amount of material that pretty much boils down to one thing... the V stickers really didn't end up meaning a whole lot. The biggest difference anyone ever really came up with was new pedal springs and they showed up on alot of almost random versions, so... (shrug) NBD.

so after having the Ferrari 458 GTE rim for about almost a week now, I think I'm going to return it.

I honestly don't see the $130 value in it. Sure the static paddles are a bummer, but I got used to them after a while.

so after having the Ferrari 458 GTE rim for about almost a week now, I think I'm going to return it.

I honestly don't see the $130 value in it. Sure the static paddles are a bummer, but I got used to them after a while.
If it was BIGGER, I'd own one already, but like you said, I'm adjusted to the paddles, plus I have my Th8, and I don't want to pay for a smaller rim. It's a nice upgrade for the TX owners out there tho.

Love mine, no regrets here at all.
Used the hell out of it for 6 months now.
Probably because I was never 100% satisfied with the fixed paddles.

If it was BIGGER, I'd own one already, but like you said, I'm adjusted to the paddles, plus I have my Th8, and I don't want to pay for a smaller rim. It's a nice upgrade for the TX owners out there tho.

YES YES YES! how did I forget to mention the size since that's one of my biggest problems.
I have pretty large hands. I wear XL gloves. and I must say the size is simply too small.. it cramps my hands.

honestly only pro about this is the paddles... nothing else :P

Interesting... I compared my 458GTE rim against my G25, and the 458GTE looks to be about 1cm larger diameter with shifter paddles which are further away from the rim than the G25 by a small amount.

Did you ever use a Logitech wheel?

My GT6 branded T500 from Amazon UK has V.5 showing on the sticker on the bottom of the box. But this sticker looks to have been placed over the original printed barcode/info on the box, and a small hand cut white sticker has been put over the V.5 part in an attempt to blank it out. The mystery of the V numbers continues ...

That's very strange... I mean, it's not like we haven't heard about the double stickers before, but why do Thrustmaster continue to do it? To boost their sales? I really have no idea. :confused:

YES YES YES! how did I forget to mention the size since that's one of my biggest problems.
I have pretty large hands. I wear XL gloves. and I must say the size is simply too small.. it cramps my hands.

honestly only pro about this is the paddles... nothing else :P

yeah just got one since it was on sale at amazon for £58.

it is a bit small, but I am getting used to it. however the 458 paddles feel better to the touch (not referring to the fact that they move with wheel since I have no issues with the fixed paddles - either way is fine with me).

I am happy with the 458 GTE, but it's not perfect -> bigger rim and alcantara type coating would be perfect

That's very strange... I mean, it's not like we haven't heard about the double stickers before, but why do Thrustmaster continue to do it? To boost their sales? I really have no idea. :confused:
My guess is because of all the returned wheels they received from people thinking the V.5 wheel is somehow superior to all other versions. They had people returning wheels because of that sticker you mention. In the end it turned out to be a big fuss about nothing. As will this latest version controversy.

yeah just got one since it was on sale at amazon for £58.

it is a bit small, but I am getting used to it. however the 458 paddles feel better to the touch (not referring to the fact that they move with wheel since I have no issues with the fixed paddles - either way is fine with me).

I am happy with the 458 GTE, but it's not perfect -> bigger rim and alcantara type coating would be perfect

that price sounds a little bit more reasonable. but $130 bucks for a RIM is too damn much. but yeah the paddles do feel much better.. they actually feel like paddles rather than clicking buttons lol

My guess is because of all the returned wheels they received from people thinking the V.5 wheel is somehow superior to all other versions. They had people returning wheels because of that sticker you mention. In the end it turned out to be a big fuss about nothing. As will this latest version controversy.
Of course, that makes sense. I couldn't even think about returning a wheel, simply because the version wasn't the one I expected - even though mine wasn't. But hey, people can do what they want.
---
Anyway, thr squeaking I talked about a whilr ago has somehow disappeared. Is it possible that such comes and goes, after months of usage? :confused:

I received a replacement V.5 about one month ago after one of the center screws failed.

No double label on mine, very different sound when calibrating than my old V.1.

Much quieter, less mechanical noise, hard stops between rotations not as pronounced.

Fan in this one pushes way more air than my V.1 did with the replacement fan Thrustmaster had provided.

The V.5's top cowling has a circular perforation for fan air flow like my V.1 did.

...and no lump/hot spot in the belt!!!!

I received a replacement V.5 about one month ago after one of the center screws failed.

No double label on mine, very different sound when calibrating than my old V.1.

Much quieter, less mechanical noise, hard stops between rotations not as pronounced.

Fan in this one pushes way more air than my V.1 did with the replacement fan Thrustmaster had provided.

The V.5's top cowling has a circular perforation for fan air flow like my V.1 did.

...and no lump/hot spot in the belt!!!!

Is the plastic casing on your V5 molded different to accommodate the difference in fan position? I've never had my V3 apart and I'm trying to picture how they changed the fan position that much and packaged it in the same casing.

Is the plastic casing on your V5 molded different to accommodate the difference in fan position? I've never had my V3 apart and I'm trying to picture how they changed the fan position that much and packaged it in the same casing.

It's not molded any different. It's just instead of blowing down on top of a small section of the heatsink (like in the old versions), it blows across the heatsink (from left to right). It's now mounted in a section with a lot of dead space.

It's not molded any different. It's just instead of blowing down on top of a small section of the heatsink (like in the old versions), it blows across the heatsink (from left to right). It's now mounted in a section with a lot of dead space.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for the explanation.

It's possible to change the degrees in all games on the Playstation (3). It doesn't matter whether or not the wheel's compatible.

Oh, wow. I'm a heathen who has seen the light.

My 330mm Momo Veloce arrived the other day and I've finally had a little bit of time to spend with it. I'm in love. Love!

The wheel, DSD adapter, screws, and screw caps weight almost identical to the stock GT rim (my scale isn't accurate enough to show which is slightly lighter). And it's obviously lighter than the GTE add-on rim I've been using of late.

I always thought the GTE rim was less notchy because it was heavier than the GT rim. But that's not the reason. This thing is quite a bit lighter and has zero notch to it:)

I greatly preferred the GTE rim to the GT rim. Though it was a lot more responsive, felt A LOT better, and just allowed me to be quicker. Which was why I'd always been reluctant to go with a bigger real wheel.

But here's the thing: the reason I liked the GTE better than the GT rim was because they were both too small. And since my brain couldn't treat them like a real wheel, I drove F1 style. Very choppy. And I always annoyed myself with my inability to overcome this and steer like I naturally did in a car.

But this 330mm wheel? It's small enough to be responsive, but big enough that I finally steer naturally like I do in a real car. And it's so much easier to keep control of cars in corners with the larger diameter. The supercars in Assetto Corsa are not longer twitch fests for me. Was even driving the Formula Abarth like I could never do previously. Guess I shouldn't be surprised even that benefits, since somebody recently had a thread at ISR and wanted to know what wheel size the Skip Barber was. They thought it was 270mm and after finally getting the official catalog, discovered it was 350mm. Probably why I always thought that was so twitchy too:) (EDIT: I didn't think the Abrath was twitchy, just the Skippy in rf2 and iracing. Would test those out, but Assetto Corso is my love at the moment.)

Last edited:
Back