The Top Gear Power Lap Board

• Thread starter bonobo4
  • 119 comments
1:16:399 - Aston Martin DB9 - Darrell-ere
01:10.347 - McLaren F1 '94 - Darrell-ere

Last edited:
dazzee

No. We don't fix it for you. That way of posting the times is how you'll post yours. It's to standardize everything, keeping it more consistent to read. As for it being too fast? Well, we can only find out when we all have a go in the car you used.I'm trying that Aston.:D

No. We don't fix it for you. That way of posting the times is how you'll post yours. It's to standardize everything, keeping it more consistent to read. As for it being too fast? Well, we can only find out when we all have a go in the car you used.I'm trying that Aston.:D

ok and the McLaren F1 please

01:14.345--Dodge Viper SRT 10 ’03—Dazzee
01:17.411—BMW M3 Coupe ’07—Dazzee
01:12.850—RUF CRT2—Dazzee

These times seem seriously quick. About 10s faster than The Stig. Can you provide some form of proof?

ok i shall take pictures of the lap times tomorrow as i am on MW2 but i have the McLaren and the in game time cant be near the stigs

I even pointed it out it seems way to fast

Picture is not great but hard to get car and time on it

Last edited:
It seems to me that my times (for Nordschleife at least) are exceptionally slow (for proof check the thread in my sig and compare my times to other people's). TGTT is a track I should know relatively well after watching all TG episodes, so only time will tell how I fare here or on other tracks.

I like the rules allowing to wash his car. :D Made me chuckle.

I'm going to try tomorrow to set some good laptimes and post them in here. :)

i have no idea how my lap time would look on that track but a picture of the car showing the time on the screen dont tell us what kind of tires he used or if he did a rolling start etc... not trying to discredit the time posted by the way, i just dont see that as a valuable proof... :)

01:14.345--Dodge Viper SRT 10 ’03—Dazzee
01:17.411—BMW M3 Coupe ’07—Dazzee
01:12.850—RUF CRT2—Dazzee

I wanna say these weren't done on stock tyres. Look at the rules again and it says production cars must have stock tyres.

1:15.273 Jaguar XFR
1:09.284 Subaru STI Hatchback
Read the rules. I know full well, without a question or shadow of doubt, that those times are not possible for a stock car. A time like that, you'd need racing tyres, 500+hp and very well tuned suspension.

Onboy123
Read the rules. I know full well, without a question or shadow of doubt, that those times are not possible for a stock car. A time like that, you'd need racing tyres, 500+hp and very well tuned suspension.

The STi was stock but the jag was tuned and still slow

The STi was stock but the jag was tuned and still slow
Rubbish. Unless it was the Rally Car, there is no chance for a Subaru STI, on sports hard or whatever tyres it came with stock, to lap the TGTT in a time lower than…1:17.xxx, in fact, I'd wager 1:20.xxx being the limit of the stock STi. And no street cars that are to go on the leader board can be tuned.
Okay thanks for the proof. :)
One thing wrong with it. And you, as the person who runs this challenge, should be able to see it clear as day. The lap timer was red. And answer this question, could a lap time ever go red online? ;) (Smart arse-ism intended, Imma grumpy…not-so-old man:D)

Last edited:
Does it matter if the engine of the car is broken in?

I tried to set some laps on the Nurburgring but after 3 laps of making one little mistake and getting a red time I finally managed to set a lap and found out that there was a time of that car on already of about 8 seconds faster. On the TGTT it should be a lot easier to set a time.

1:16,103 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce (leepangfu)

Should be easy to break this one. A lot of room for improvement but I got disconnected twice so I didn't feel like doing anymore laps:D

Last edited:
Does it matter if the engine of the car is broken in?

I tried to set some laps on the Nurburgring but after 3 laps of making one little mistake and getting a red time I finally managed to set a lap and found out that there was a time of that car on already of about 8 seconds faster. On the TGTT it should be a lot easier to set a time.

1:16,103 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce (leepangfu)

Should be easy to break this one. A lot of room for improvement but I got disconnected twice so I didn't feel like doing anymore laps:D
Engine Rebuilds are perfectly valid. Well done sir, faster than His Stigness! :)
1:15.273 Jaguar XFR
1:09.284 Subaru STI Hatchback
No way these are valid. So I'm not adding them.

Back