The Top Gear Power Lap Board

• Thread starter bonobo4
  • 119 comments
……on SS tyres?! That's ****ing quick! Too quick…it's a 'road car', isn't it? If it is, it can only be allowed up to Sport Softs tyres.
Technically it's like a very hardcore tuned up track-day version of the S2000, with a Turbo, that's a (limited) production car and road-legal. It's faster than most supercars and can lap the Nordschleife (in GT5 at least) in less than 7 minutes. It's very quick!

1:06.323 Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo (Max Cavalera) NEW

……on SS tyres?! That's ****ing quick! Too quick…it's a 'road car', isn't it? If it is, it can only be allowed up to Sport Softs tyres.

His R8 LMS is only 2 tenths quicker then mine, so I'll see if I can get close to him with an S2000 GT1 Turbo later. Shouldn't it be sport hards as well? Most cars don't come with Sport Softs.

Okay, you'll need to update the SLS with the records of the SLS challenge.
Well…does any of the drivers (amazing performance, from both DC and all the competitors) have a GTP account? Nope, so my record stays :D

I made a new Lamborghini Murcielago best lap.. but hardley. i beat it by .021 seconds.. i was like, ehmmm, i dont know if i beat it or not. so i checked, and laughed pretty hard at the centimeter's difference between the times.

I'm done 1.14.560 in Mclaren F1 (can be improved by 0.5 secs) and 1.16.06 (can be improved) with Ford GT on DS3 in my friends PS3, when I get it to my house I will post exact times! :)

Edit: Oops! I'm so sorry. I completely forgot about standing start! Maybe it's time to practice! :)

I'm done 1.14.560 in Mclaren F1 (can be improved by 0.5 secs) and 1.16.06 (can be improved) with Ford GT on DS3 in my friends PS3, when I get it to my house I will post exact times! :)

Edit: Oops! I'm so sorry. I completely forgot about standing start! Maybe it's time to practice! :)

Alucard (moi ruski drug)=my Russian friend, glad to see you here, I hope you post many new times.

I'm currently very active in the Nordschleife equivalent of this thread.

Last edited:
Alucard (moi ruski drug)=my Russian friend, glad to see you here, I hope you post many new times.

I'm currently very active in the Nordschleife equivalent of this thread.

Hello friend! I see :) Nordschleife is too long and hard for doing perfect laps - I'm not prepared now :) So I warm up in TGTT. When I get my 32" LED Samsung - I think I can do a hot-lap competition (love hot-lapping) and we will meet on track! ;)

Tried this last night. I'll have another go at it. I ran a few practice laps then tried 5, 1 lap races. Thought id try a slow car.

Production Car Online: 1:28.230
Toyota Caldina GT-Four '02
stock/with oil
hp-268
wt-1480
pp-433
comfort soft
abs-1

Chaparral 2J Race Car-
1:02:511
Stock, all aids off (abs 1), RS tires
Ran offline, parked as close to the line as I could before starting the lap.

Last edited:
Need to edit. Car wasn't stock

Production Car Online:
Lexus LFA '10
Stock/ w oil

Holding for time (time updated below)

Last edited:
Sorry about that i meant Lexus. I ran it last night and after i ran the times and posted it i realized it had a chip and the wrong tires. Will have a time later on. I think Im going to try to do one of these a day. The Caldina time is ok and can be better.

Production Car Online:
1:17.577
Mercedes SLS AMG '10
recommended garage
570 hp
1620 kg
540pp
sport hard tires
abs 1

Production Car Online:
1:17.882
Lexus LFA '10
Stock/ w oil
562 hp
1480 kg
544 pp
sport hard tires
abs 1

The Toyota Caldina time is good, Didnt mean to confuse. 1:28.230 Can be added back please.

Guys why we need standing start? I know for comparing with TG show it's understandable but I don't see other point in it. I didn't see any other race (youtube, F1 etc...) with standing start lap-times. Just asking.

Because that's how they do it in Top Gear. It also gives more accuracy as it includes extra factors such as acceleration.

Example:
Which is faster, a car that does 0-60mph in 30 seconds but can do 60 anywhere in any corner or a car that does 0-60 in 5 seconds and can do 50mph in any corner? It accounts for acceleration as well as cornering speeds, if you understand.

One more for today.

Production Vehicle Online

01:22.882 - Toyota Supra RZ '97 (will-i-am) - (hp-342/1510kg/478pp/spt.hards/abs-1)

Please dont forget these two as well

01:17.577 - Mercedes SLS AMG '10 (will-i-am)
01:17.882 - Lexus LFA '10 (will-i-am)

Last edited:
Because that's how they do it in Top Gear. It also gives more accuracy as it includes extra factors such as acceleration.

Example:
Which is faster, a car that does 0-60mph in 30 seconds but can do 60 anywhere in any corner or a car that does 0-60 in 5 seconds and can do 50mph in any corner? It accounts for acceleration as well as cornering speeds, if you understand.

Ok! To take acceleration into consideration. :)

Production Vehicle online

01:20.353 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04 (will-i-am) - Sport hard tires, abs1
01:31.764 - Mercedes SLK 230 Kompressor '98 (will-i-am) - Comfort soft tires, abs1
01:42.961 - Mercedes A 160 Avantgarde '98 (will-i-am) - Comfort medium tires, abs1

01:17.900 - Lamborghini Murcielago SV, VengeanceIsStr8
01:19.654 - Chevrolet Corvette ZR1, VengeanceIsStr8
01:19.631 - Audi R8 V10, VengeanceIsStr8
01:17.466 - Nissan GTR Black Edition, VengeanceIsStr8
01:21:680 - Aston Martin V12 Vantage, VengeanceIsStr8

These laps were all performed offline.

Back