The Top Gear Power Lap Board

• Thread starter bonobo4
  • 119 comments
Give the gentleman running the thread a break. As far as I'm concerned, he can do whatever he wishes. He's doing this for fun, I think it's a cool idea, and he should simply be thanked for his time and effort, never criticized. If he disallows a time, or validates a time(even if it's mine), let him control the leaderboard. I don't see his name at the top of the lists indiscriminately.

👍 Bonobo

And yet you'd validate an offline lap time?
No, I simply forgot about that. His time won't be counted as the picture clearly shows after doing a 1:10 lap he did an invalid lap which going by my rules isn't possible. Therefore I'll use the fastest valid lap.
Give the gentleman running the thread a break. As far as I'm concerned, he can do whatever he wishes. He's doing this for fun, I think it's a cool idea, and he should simply be thanked for his time and effort, never criticized. If he disallows a time, or validates a time(even if it's mine), let him control the leaderboard. I don't see his name at the top of the lists indiscriminately.

👍 Bonobo
Thanks for the kind words. I think I'm regulating this fairly. I've just updated the first post. As for dazzee's times, I've not included them nor those for the sceptical times for the STi and the XFR (by Thomas2012) until they can be proven as legitimate. If I've made a mistake in my updating feel free to correct me. :)

Last edited:
01:23.479 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI 10 (HJLAMONT)

just a note. the start line when entering a race is about 100m down the track from the actual start line. i did mine by pulling up to the line and going from there. all of the laps done as a race are going to be about 1sec faster than they should be...

I'm aware of the fact that the line is ~100m ahead. But in the interests of continuity and fairness, I'd prefer everyone to do laps online as a standing start that way. But nice job anyway. 👍

01:21.886 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI Spec C 04 (hjlamont)

ok fair enough. it takes too long to load the online race and it isnt comparable to the stigs times :/

Can we still have ghost replay as proof? havent played a lot online so i dont know... lol

Well if I'd have had my way I'd have had all laps done offline and just drive to the line. Apparently it's "easier and quicker" to do it this way. :rolleyes:

i vote offline with stopping at the line. if your a yard off it wont make much difference. replays can prove if its too extreme

First time: Spoon CR-Z- 1:36.204

GT by Citroen Race car coming up.

Edit: Can only manage 1:06.927, might try set it up and have another go later.

Last edited:
Tomorrow I'm going to find something really slow for the board, I might give the ZZII time a go or maybe put the ZZ-S on the board.

To do it online was a bad idea from the get go:

1.It's hella annoying loading this every time.
2.Not everyone has acces to the web.

1. I have no problems loading it every time.
2. That's the only downside.

This is the best way to do it I think, I'm off for a couple of laps!

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car- 1:09.778
Citroen 2CV Type A '54- 2:31.859 :crazy:
Jay Leno Tank Car '03- 1:24.636
Ferrari F2007- 0:57.559
Audi R8 LMS Race Car (Team Playstation) '09- 1:08.246
Alfa Romeo Giulia TZ2 carrozzata da Zagato- 1:20.000

The tank car locks up it's brakes with ABS on.:confused:

Last edited:
To do it online was a bad idea from the get go:

1.It's hella annoying loading this every time.
2.Not everyone has acces to the web.

I have to agree, and theres no ghost replay, I will post time if its offline but for now i will just post on the Nurburgring leaderboard :)

What do you want me to do? If we start again offline only then we have to start COMPLETELY again, or I make a new board for each category. Or we can carry on as is but have fewer competitors.

To me then the best thing would be have two separate boards for each category, therefore 6 in total. Any other thoughts?

What do you want me to do? If we start again offline only then we have to start COMPLETELY again, or I make a new board for each category. Or we can carry on as is but have fewer competitors.

To me then the best thing would be have two separate boards for each category, therefore 6 in total. Any other thoughts?

Keep it as it is, if people can't be bothered/don't have driving skill to do it without a ghost then they can stick to the Nordschliefe board, the same for the offline-only people.

We started online, so let's keep it online. If you can't get a connection, tough. Or……we can start another leaderboard, keeping the old one, it means we get a nice comparison of the car's off and online handling differences. And it means those without internet can participate too.

I think I'll just make separate boards. Easiest way. :)

UPDATE: Boards are now added and I've updated the rules to include both ways of doing a lap. :)

Last edited:
I think I'll just make separate boards. Easiest way. :)

UPDATE: Boards are now added and I've updated the rules to include both ways of doing a lap. :)

Could you add the times I made on the previous page please?:)

Today i see this, if we play online the race dont start on the finish line, starts in front 20 meters. Anybody see that?
Yea, I've done a quick test of it some time ago though. I'm guessing on 3 runs here, so don't expect incredible accuracy, but it's around…2 seconds difference.

Back