The Ultimate Tribute to Ayrton Senna in GT7?

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 17 comments

Ayrton Senna in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
United Kingdom
London, UK
Shirrako
Kaz is obviously a big fan of Ayrton, I thought about the Senna content in GT6 and thought to myself..."So, Where do we go from here?"

Would you want PD to make the true tribute to Ayrton Senna in GT7?

A whole section of races and championships across different tracks using the cars Ayrton drove, in addition to that they could include footage of Ayrton or some of his famous quotes in the game aswell.

Some races i thought of...

Ayrton Senna Endurace in Monaco with the same amount of laps.
Ayrton Senna F3 Championship
Ayrton Senna F1 Championship
Ayrton Senna Karting Championship

Rain should be included in some on the races just like in real life when Ayrton activated his "God mode" in the rain :)

There are a lot of technical issues in Formula 1 so why not include an advanced system where your car will be at danger of suffering depending on the way you drive, you may have to go to the pit and lose a certain amount of time as your pit team works on fixing the car, this should be available in longer races only.

There are a lot of ideas the GTPlanet community will come up with, you're a bunch of creative folks.

Last edited:
I'd want this, but PD will have to tone the difficulty down for an ultimate Ayrton Senna Tribute series in the game.

Funny thing is there's nothing stopping them from doing any of this in GT6. I had hoped when they made a big deal about the Senna tribute they would have done more than just throw some cars and a couple of TT's into the game, like a mini Senna career, with a kart race or two, some F3 at Tsukuba, Brands, Silverstone, Nurb GP/D etc. then some F1 action at the FIA tracks already in the game. It is not difficult to do and seems like such an underutilization of content to me. I see nothing that gives me any hope they'll be more creative with GT7, I see it being the same as GT6, just better looking and sounding.

Rain should be included in some on the races just like in real life when Ayrton activated his "God mode" in the rain :)

Senna was naturally terrible in the rain, I think saying "God mode" implies that practice is meaningless... just saying ;)

Overall I like the idea though :D

The Ultimate Tribute to the Ayrton Senna in GT7 should contain the following:
ayrton senna tribute.png

Senna was naturally terrible in the rain, I think saying "God mode" implies that practice is meaningless... just saying ;)

Overall I like the idea though :D
True. He drove wet tracks on slicks as practice early in his career in Brazil.

Still god-like in the rain, though.

Yes, but in GT6, when we finish the Senna Races with DAP Kart, 97T and F3 Ralt, we're given these cars when these cars are available on dealership.
This isn't about GT6, it's about the ultimate tribute to Senna in GT7.

IMO the ultimate Senna tribute in GT7 would be a full Senna career, separate from the rest of the career mode:

Karting Championship
FF1600 Championship
FF2000 Championship
F3 Championship
F1 Championships in the Toleman, Lotus and Mclaren.

Bonus:
Exhibition race in the 190E against super hard AI.
Testing and driving exhibition in the NSX he helped develop.
As many F1 tracks as possible should be included in each season, with no fantasy tracks because IMO it cheapens the Senna experience to drive on a videogame track. I'd also have weather at each track specifically programmed to simulate actual track conditions at specific races like rain at Monaco for the Toleman etc.
Senna did not get to keep the cars he raced, they belonged to the team, so I wouldn't have cars as prizes. However, the money he earned in his career was large so I'd have substantial prize winnings for individual events and series. I'd make the laps scalable but the prizes scale with the laps. Winning an F1 80 lap race might pay $1.5Million, but if you choose to only run 8 laps, you would only earn $150k

This isn't about GT6, it's about the ultimate tribute to Senna in GT7.

IMO the ultimate Senna tribute in GT7 would be a full Senna career, separate from the rest of the career mode:

Karting Championship
FF1600 Championship
FF2000 Championship
F3 Championship
F1 Championships in the Toleman, Lotus and Mclaren.

Bonus:
Exhibition race in the 190E against super hard AI.
Testing and driving exhibition in the NSX he helped develop.
As many F1 tracks as possible should be included in each season, with no fantasy tracks because IMO it cheapens the Senna experience to drive on a videogame track. I'd also have weather at each track specifically programmed to simulate actual track conditions at specific races like rain at Monaco for the Toleman etc.
Senna did not get to keep the cars he raced, they belonged to the team, so I wouldn't have cars as prizes. However, the money he earned in his career was large so I'd have substantial prize winnings for individual events and series. I'd make the laps scalable but the prizes scale with the laps. Winning an F1 80 lap race might pay $1.5Million, but if you choose to only run 8 laps, you would only earn $150k
It's an great idea, I'll edit my montage later. 👍

Back