The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

Goddammit, bloddy hell. Everyone suddenly turned into Update Zombies.

Who yell NOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOW!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!

Surpised mods didnt close it yet. Some people were right, Blanket ban Zahara any thread until some announcement FROM PD appeared OR its almost the end of September.

Who yell NOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOWNOW!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!

Surpised mods didnt close it yet. Some people were right, Blanket ban Zahara any theread

No one is forcing you to read/participate in these threads.

If it comes later than this week, it would be the longest time between two updates in GT6' history. So I guess the odds are around 90% that it comes this week.
I call bull I will provide proof directly from gran-turismo.com: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/?t=gt6update

1.01 - 12/6
1.02 - 12/17 - 11 days
1.03 - 1/13 - 27 days
1.04 - 1/27 - 14 days
1.05 - 3/10 - 56 says
1.06 - 4/7 - 28 days
1.07 - 5/14 - 37 days
1.08 - 5/30 - 16 days
1.09 - 6/18 - 19 days
1.10 - 7/25 - 37 days
1.11 - 8/6 - 12 days
9/15 - 40 days and counting
283 days since release.
To correct, this is the 2nd longest we've waited for an update. 1.11 does count if you ask :gtplanet: because it 'fixed' important things.:dunce:

They posted some crap about GT Academy on their Facebook today.
Wow. I... wow.

I'm sure all your fellow GTPlanet members who've won GT Academy - including @GumballCGT who was the subject of that article - will be thrilled by your support of them.

Oh, and that Facebook page belongs to SCEA, not PD. PD - the developers of the game - don't have one.

Wow. I... wow.

I'm sure all your fellow GTPlanet members who've won GT Academy - including @GumballCGT who was the subject of that article - will be thrilled by your support of them.

Oh, and that Facebook page belongs to SCEA, not PD. PD - the developers of the game - don't have one.

Yeah that was probably too harsh. My bad.

Thanks for the info, regarding the ownership of the FB page.

Wow. I... wow.

With all due respect, not everyone cares about GT Academy.
I like playing Gran Turismo which is why I'm here, but GTAcademy is insignificant to me, and to many other people who just want to enjoy their game, not some marketing stunts by nissan/pd. You sound like we all must love the program just because some members out of here turned out sucessful from it.

But again I agree that Skywalker was rather rude by calling it crap.

Just speculating, seems to good to be true that we're getting Sierra tomorrow.
We have our doubts, but it's still pretty solid to believe that all that was shown in the Nico Nico stream is part of 1.12.

Surpised mods didnt close it yet. Some people were right, Blanket ban Zahara any thread until some announcement FROM PD appeared OR its almost the end of September.

More will just pop up, might as well just give in and try to control this one. 👍

MastrGT is in contact with PD and is a certified Playstation MVP. He hosts a PSN sanctioned community event called MNR - Monday Night Racing. His information is usually reliable.

EDIT. He organizes the event in the events thread with all the parameters necessary to enter and then creates a public lobby by posting the room number to said thread. good clean racers are there.

If we want to get our hopes up for no reason, let us do it. It's just fun; we're not hurting anyone.

Don't post negative things just so you can say "I told you so" if it doesn't get released for another week/year.

I'm kind of surprised nobody has asked where the 2014 Ford Focus is we we're supposedly getting :odd: Maybe all the people who cared left?

One thing I will say about these threads is that no matter how ugly it gets in here it's still more entertaining than the bulk of the programming found on network television 👍

:gtpflag:

I'm kind of surprised nobody has asked where the 2014 Ford Focus is we we're supposedly getting Maybe all the people who cared left?

One thing I will say about these threads is that no matter how ugly it gets in here it's still more entertaining than the bulk of the programming found on network television

It was a typo by the Goodwood staff.

Last edited:
I'm kind of surprised nobody has asked where the 2014 Ford Focus is we we're supposedly getting :odd: Maybe all the people who cared left?

One thing I will say about these threads is that no matter how ugly it gets in here it's still more entertaining than the bulk of the programming found on network television 👍

Jordan posted a retraction on that like 2 days later. The 2015 Focus ST was going to be at the Goodwood event, but some famous guy was gonna run the '13 Focus in GT6 while there.

Probably because no one really cares about another slow FWD car, they need to add more cars from different eras.

But think about it. Don't you think it's a bit sad that so many people have such an unhealthy obsession with self-speculated pieces of data that aren't needed for survival?

Welcome to the internet.

I have tried to keep this thread light, others have too. Some just want to be miserable.

But think about it. Don't you think it's a bit sad that so many people have such an unhealthy obsession with self-speculated pieces of data that aren't needed for survival?
It is, but if that's what floats their boats, what you gonna do about it? Just let them enjoy themselves in the hype.

Back