The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

Ok let's be realistic here. Can anyone please tell me what day, time and timezone the updates usually come out? I've been bored with GT6 and away from the scene a few months and can't remember what day during the week updates usually come out. I think it used to be on tuesdays? I know the Seasonals get updated every thursday, well when it's thursday for me here in Australia anyways. Can anyone remind me please what day and hour the updates get released?

Oh boy this thread.

It's nearly 10-ish am where PD works - if an update is set to release at midnight at whatever timezone mastrgt is, you have 2-3 more hours of waiting.

I'll bet if it does release, I'll be out and miss the massive amount of posts spammed - GTPlanet better hunker down!

Oh boy this thread.

It's nearly 10-ish am where PD works - if an update is set to release at midnight at whatever timezone mastrgt is, you have 2-3 more hours of waiting.

I'll bet if it does release, I'll be out and miss the massive amount of posts spammed - GTPlanet better hunker down!
It varies, I posted all the dates from their usa site on the previous page.

Why is there so much bickering on this forum?
Fans can speculate and get excited over their hobbies all they want.
That doesn't make them losers, or idiots. Just fans.
This is a forum for fans of gran turismo, it's bound to be fanatical.
So there's no need to piss on their cornflakes! Unless you're just plain trolling.

That doesn't make them losers, or idiots. Just fans.
This is a forum for fans of gran turismo, it's bound to be fanatical.
So there's no need to piss on their cornflakes! Unless you're just plain trolling.
Welcome to gtplanet!

Oh boy this thread.

When I wake up tomorrow, I'm guessing that there's going to be a lot of posts anyway, if the update is released or not. Prepare for excitement :gtpflag:Or prepare for everyone complaining once again saying 'Where's the 🤬 update??? :banghead:

MastrGT is in contact with PD and is a certified Playstation MVP. He hosts a PSN sanctioned community event called MNR - Monday Night Racing. His information is usually reliable.

EDIT. He organizes the event in the events thread with all the parameters necessary to enter and then creates a public lobby by posting the room number to said thread. good clean racers are there.

Ok, even if this is the case, he is not an official spokesman for Sony/PD and therefor his words should be taken as speculation just like any other person claiming to be an "insider" It doesn't matter how many posts he has or what leagues he hosts, that doesn't necessarily make his claims valid. He can be told something and then at the last minute it gets changed therefor leaving him holding the bag. This sort of thing happened before with Jordan I believe where he actually had good information but then it never panned out. No disrespect to this guy at all, but to me, he is just one of us who claims to have inside info. Maybe he does. But like I said, things can change. I've said it before, its just best to wait until the information gets released officially by Sony/PD themselves. And yes, things can get delayed even with their announcement with a set date, but at least when they post something we know there is a 99.9% of it happening. Nothing wrong with getting excited about things, but just remember who to blame if you choose to listen to these "insiders" and hang on every word they say like its fact.....don't blame Sony/PD because they haven't said a damn thing yet or confirmed any dates.

Again, no disrespect to MasterGT as I'm sure he means well, but I just think its not a very wise idea in leaking information when so many things can go wrong that he doesn't have any control over. If it was me, I would just keep any information to myself to avoid having everybody hop on my ass if indeed nothing happened. Don't get me wrong here, I hope it does happen, but I'll forgo the train ride and just wait patiently at the station. ;)

When I wake up tomorrow, I'm guessing that there's going to be a lot of posts anyway, if the update is released or not. Prepare for excitement :gtpflag:Or prepare for everyone complaining once again saying 'Where's the 🤬 update??? :banghead:
Oh...Welcome you too!

Nearly 11AM at PD. If it slated at midnight eastern time, you've got two hours left of waiting.

That's if it will be released.

If we get update 1.12, then we get it. :D

If not, then we don't get it. :mad:

Personally, I'm happy with the update coming on the last day of the month, but that's just me. :indiff:

I haven't read the whole thread. Is it here yet? Monday is almost over here on the right coast of North America.

It will be released when it's released.
Darn, you're a regular Nostrodamus:cheers: Do you have a prediction for the World Series as well?:D

Okay.

favicon.png
There's gonna be an up-date. Because I know there will be an up-date.
Today tomorrow it doesn't really matter, there will be an up-date. Sooooon.
favicon.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back