The Update 1.12 Discussion Thread: Believe the Hype

Was the racing numbers listed on the update release notes last time?

Because I'm wondering if we'll get something else with this.

Hmmmmm well here we go...

4a5c519396c22eef4722df1c81c2d589854e5bfe5982e1824d7d6e6d8a2650fd.jpg

Additional Meters have been added
It is now possible to install "Additional Meters" from the [Custom Parts] option within the [TUNING & SERVICING] section of "My Home". You can select up to 3 instruments to add from the following: "Boost Meter", "Water Temperature Gauge", "Oil Temperature Gauge", "Rev. Counter", "Speedometer", "Oil Pressure Gauge", "Voltmeter" and "Fuel Gauge".

Where did that come from?

Be careful guys this is up on the news page as well.

After the installation of Update 1.12 for Gran Turismo 6, we confirmed that the game may freeze while watching the Replay in Open Lobby or Quick Match.

We are working to address this issue and in the meantime we ask that you refrain from watching replays while in Open Lobby or Quick Match until a Hotfix is released.

We deeply apologise for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

Just a couple of points.
PD, to my knowledge, have never posted a future date for a patch release.
The best you'll get is an unscheduled maintenance notice (because it's irregular to standard times), which is then followed by an unannounced update.
So you'll only know it's happened after it's happened.
Like it or not, speculation is all that's left.

Regarding MastrGT.
He has been involved with GT and PD for many, many years.
He has been a member of the US PlayStation forum for over 10 years and has over 40,000 posts.
He has been the GT board MVP there for many years.
He also has over 3000 post on the EU Playstation forum.
But he makes no claim to be an 'insider'.

He has a direct channel of communication to report issues, bugs, PSN Store problems etc.
On occassions he may receive other info. regarding plans for the near future.
At times he says nothing, other times he makes a comment.
But whether those 'plans' actually come to fruition is obviously out of his hands.

Which is all well and good, I never tried to discredit him as far as any of that goes. Look at Jordan and all his credentials and even his info didn't exactly pan out. That's why I keep saying we should just wait for an official word, or just wait for it to actually happen without an announcement if that's how its going to work. The bolded part though is exactly why I said he should just say nothing because if it don't happen, people are going to start to discredit him, or at least start to doubt him next time because he is the one that made the claims/statement. I mean, if it was me, I would feel like a complete ass and feel like I let a lot of people down because I leaked the information and it didn't happen. That's just me though, maybe he just doesn't care about that. And no, maybe he never made the direct claim to be an "insider", but by leaking info like that, it is just an indirect way of claiming such, is it not?

EDIT: Just seen what happened while I was typing this. :D Now, I'm satisfied with the legitimacy of it all. Good to hear. :cheers:

Back