The Update 2.08 Undocumented Changes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 255 comments

RACECAR

Keeper of the Undocumented Changes Threads.
Premium
United States
Addison,Texas
GTP_RACECAR
As with the past updates, there is sure to be changes not listed in the change log. Please post all those changes not see in the change log here. Only two things:

*Do not double or triple post, there's an edit button for a reason.

*Try to look carefully here on the first page to make sure you are reporting the same one someone else already did.

I'll update the thread whenever possible.

List:

*Improved response of the Toyota 86 GT.

*Nissan R35 GT-R Tuned (GT Academy 11') Now has adjustible downforce.

*Accelerated time progression bug when racing user created tracks online has been fixed.

*Exhaust sounds when using cockpit view are weaker, (and maybe, Fully-Customizable Transmission sound has been made a bit louder) making the noise of the FC Transmission more noticeable

*New option on online rooms under "Grid Order" that makes the 1st place driver from the previous race start the next one in pole position (option has been
confirmed as "Fastest First Based on Previous Race Result")

*Draft is turned on in free run mode

*In Free run/Time Trail, you can no longer get all 4 tyres onto the concrete section before the first tunnel at Deep Forest Raceway without it invalidating your lap time.

*In On-line lobbies, the room host's name is shown in Yellow

*FoV glitch for the R32 Skyline GT-R S-Tune Has been fixed.

Last edited:
Something minor I noticed.
In GT Life, the "Special Events" icon now says "Special Events," and not just "Special."

I think the Toyota 86 GT behaves more natural during online play now. It used to spin so easily in the Nürburgring Foxhole on a set of comfort soft tyres combined with online physics. In other words, it feels less likely to excessive oversteer now.

GTR black edition tuned academy now has adjustable aerodynamics.. Thanks to supertom14 for this

Copied from my post on the news thread - my reaction to the "clutch improvements"

Oh dear PD, what have you done?

•Response of the clutch pedal when using the steering wheel controllers “G25 Racing Wheel”, “G27 Racing Wheel”, “T500RS” and “TH8RS” has been adjusted.

Yes, it has been adjusted alright – now you don’t need to use the clutch at all!

Just tried two races using myTH8RS – first race I thought wow I didn’t miss a single shift even on the changes down to second gear. Second race I thought “I’ll try not using the clutch at all” – sure enough the clutch is now redundant – it now power shifts up and down the box and automatically adjusts the revs on downshifts for you – you can’t upset the car even if you up or downshift mid-corner – totally unrealistic.

Can we have our old clutch back PD. It was a little tricky, especially the downchange into second and you did need to heel and toe to match revs on downshifts etc.

I think we either need the old clutch back or an option because this update has made it totally unrealistic. I upgraded to a wheel with a clutch and bought a TH8RS to increase my immersion in the game (i.e. make it more realistic) and now the driving experience has been spoilt. Ta very Polyphony Digital – NOT

Successfully played over 20 races without the tire sound cutting out. I could never get through more than 5 races before the tire screeching disappeared previously.

Will need a few more nights of racing or input from other members to confirm whether this issue has finally been fixed.

I just experienced an online bug I never have experienced prior to version 2.08. A Gran Turismo 5 logo appeared after selecting free run in a room, I could do nothing but exit the game.

I just experienced an online bug I never have experienced prior to version 2.08. A Gran Turismo 5 logo appeared after selecting free run in a room, I could do nothing but exit the game.

That just happened to me too.

Successfully played over 20 races without the tire sound cutting out. I could never get through more than 5 races before the tire screeching disappeared previously.

Will need a few more nights of racing or input from other members to confirm whether this issue has finally been fixed.

That would be great. I got that issue only after a track change, especially when changing to Nür 24h (rejoining fixed it then). Did you change tracks today?

The Amuse Nismo 380RS Super Leggera has put on weight. used to be 1120kg, now 1370kg

I can confirm the 380RS was 1370 pre-update.

I don't know why PD don't just say what they've done.

After further experimentation I find that if you don’t depress the clutch you can shift without using it at all, however if you depress even just once then you need to use it for the rest of the race – it will then go into neutral when you shift into neutral and will also go into neutral if you attempt a shift without the clutch. So it seems there is now a choice to powershift and the change down into second gear when using the clutch does appear easier.

So, I take back my earlier criticism and apologise to PD !

Exhaust sounds when using cockpit view are weaker, (and maybe, Fully-Customizable Transmission sound has been made a bit louder) making the noise of the FC Transmission more noticeable. I'm playing as of right now, I just did the Drift Trial Seasonals and have an online lobby up, I'm experimenting different cars and different views. In Chase Cam view (outside of car), it's the same. Very faint transmission sound, very noticeable exhaust sound. But for the cockpit view, transmission sound is louder, albeit equal in volume to the exhaust sound.

I think I may need other people to confirm this.

Last edited:
After further experimentation I find that if you don’t depress the clutch you can shift without using it at all, however if you depress even just once then you need to use it for the rest of the race – it will then go into neutral when you shift into neutral and will also go into neutral if you attempt a shift without the clutch. So it seems there is now a choice to powershift and the change down into second gear when using the clutch does appear easier.

I thought this was the way it always worked?

gordongt
R8 Chrome Line have down force now. Never noticed that before

Yes it previously had downforce, I use it for drag quite often :)

All my old gripes (bugs) are still present after the update. They always seem to only fix the stuff which catches the eye whereas the rather hidden bugs are left to stay. It's annoying.

All my old gripes (bugs) are still present after the update. They always seem to only fix the stuff which catches the eye whereas the rather hidden bugs are left to stay. It's annoying.

What exactly are these "hidden bugs" you're talking about?

Hello Captain Obvious. Of course they're only going to fix the ones that are not hidden. That's because they more than likely don't even know about the "Hidden" bugs. Although, it would be nice if you could enlighten us to what some of these are?

Sick Cylinder

So, I take back my earlier criticism and apologise to PD !

Been like that since day one I believe. I've done it to use my G27 shifter as a faux sequential shifter. It's not locked in for the whole race though, if you hit the paddle shifter it will deactivate the clutch again.

m8h3r
Hello Captain Obvious. Of course they're only going to fix the ones that are not hidden. That's because they more than likely don't even know about the "Hidden" bugs. Although, it would be nice if you could enlighten us to what some of these are?

A lot of time has been devoted to tracking bugs and we have a detailed thread here on GT Planet which PD could use for reference but they don't seem to know or care. I wouldn't say it's obvious that PD hasn't fixed them, don't be a smartass.

Here's some:
Items such as paint and clothing items do not always group into one item if you have several of the same type. (This one is actually easy to spot).
When using the power limiter on the Peugeot 207 the performance decreases several bhps e.g. An adjustemnt from 100.0% - 99.9 % causes a decrease in performance from 182 bhp - 175 bhp or 397 pp. - 392 pp.
Seasonal time trials do not use oil or accumulate dirt on the cars used for the trials. Nonetheless, cars do obtain mileage in these trials. It may be the same for drift trials, can't remember.
Etc.

I hope this provided some enlightenment.

I thought this was the way it always worked?

Been like that since day one I believe. I've done it to use my G27 shifter as a faux sequential shifter. It's not locked in for the whole race though, if you hit the paddle shifter it will deactivate the clutch again.
Confirmed. I have a G27 and It has always been that way.

Latest Posts

Back