The war on ISIS.

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 3,128 comments
A falsehood.

Now why would the Christians try to go to Israel, knowing that they would have to go through war-torn Libya in the process, when they could have tried to go to Europe to escape ISIS.
????​
Jewish Christians are ethnic Jews who have converted to or have been raised in Christianity. They are mostly members of Catholic and Protestant congregations, and are generally assimilated culturally into the Christian mainstream, although they retain a strong sense of their Jewish identity. Some such Jewish Christians also refer to themselves as "Hebrew Christians".
What? You thought there are no Christians in Israel? All the readers here... no... stop laughing, please!!!!
It is called state of denial - what you are showing here with your latest post Sanji!

Last edited:
Of course, deporting them is the far greater evil compared to cutting off their heads.
Equivalent to Jews protesting the German election and the Nazi regime being the far greater evil than any retaliation done by the Nazis in the Holocaust.

Of course, deporting them is the far greater evil compared to cutting off their heads.
People are wondering were those refugees are coming from... In the Mediterranean and different other places... Some of them are deported from the only democracy in the Middle East.
What is known is that before ISIS’s blade met the necks of these three Eritreans who had been fleeing conflict for a large portion of their lives, they were in a wealthy nation that sees itself as an oasis of human rights in a storm of atrocities.

Trapped in the middle victims.

@Blitz24
Equivalent to Jews protesting the German election and the Nazi regime
Exactly! And like Palestinians which EU is protesting for!
(sorry for staying serious here, ignoring your sarcasm, my friend)

Last edited:
People are wondering were those refugees are coming from... In the Mediterranean and different other places... Some of them are deported from the only democracy in the Middle East.
Of course, it's Israel's fault they got beheaded, not the guy wielding the ax.

Of course, it's Israel's fault they got beheaded, not the guy wielding the ax.
Selective reading? or just denial?
Again
What is known is that before ISIS’s blade met the necks of these three Eritreans who had been fleeing conflict for a large portion of their lives, they were in a wealthy nation that sees itself as an oasis of human rights in a storm of atrocities

Oooooops.... Israel doing the wrong thing again? Darn it!

They are not alone and I wouldn't necessarily call it the wrong thing, tough problems require tough answers. It amazes me you're singling out Israel as the reason these refugees have no where to go and are being murdered by a terrorist group. Wait, no it doesn't.

Canada - ISIL connection.

Turkish news agencies reported Thursday that a foreign intelligence agent detained in that country on suspicion of helping the girls travel to neighbouring Syria to join ISIL was working for the Canadian government.
Turkish newspaper Daily Sabah, citing sources close to the government, said the individual was an agent working for the Canadian intelligence service.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/polit...mment-on-reports-csis-link-to-isil-recruiting

Interesting watch

May 11th 2015
On February 5, 2003, Powell told the U.N. Security Council Iraq had "biological weapons and the capability to rapidly produce more, many more," and had shipped "chemical weapons from production facilities out to the field."
"We said he has chemical weapons, he has a biological weapons production capability, and he's restarting his nuclear weapons program. We were wrong on all three of those," he said.
former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell apologizes to former Secretary of State Colin Powell for flawed CIA intelligence that Powell outlined in a 2003 speech at the United Nations.

from
Morell "wanted to apologize" to Powell about WMD evidence - with video

How about apologizing to the entire Iraqi nation?.....

I'd have to second that. Cruel as it may sound Iraq was more stable and it's people where only at risk if they got in the way of the Baath party, whereas now they have been experiencing war for the last 12 years. Same could be argued with Gadaffi and Lybia.

The lesser of two evils; dictator vs civil war.

The Iraqi city of Ramadi is now taken over by IS.

I don't understand why the UN isn't responding to all this. In Iraq, Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds are all fighting together against these retards. That makes it a lot easier to identify the enemy.

The Iraqi city of Ramadi is now taken over by IS.

I don't understand why the UN isn't responding to all this. In Iraq, Sunnis, Shiites and Kurds are all fighting together against these retards. That makes it a lot easier to identify the enemy.
Do the Sunnis et. al. want the U.N. there to help?

If they can fight alongside the Shiites I'm sure they like to see the UN join in in full force. The sooner this madness stops the better. If they can do this, maybe they can talk with each other during peace time and finally start that democracy that Bush wanted so badly to happen.

I'd have to second that. Cruel as it may sound Iraq was more stable and it's people where only at risk if they got in the way of the Baath party, whereas now they have been experiencing war for the last 12 years. Same could be argued with Gadaffi and Lybia.

The lesser of two evils; dictator vs civil war.
You could add in Yemen on the list. It's recognized government is on the run from ISIS supporters.

Oooh the flashbacks are strong:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/is-democracy-right-for-every-country.86508/

The outcome was all too obvious for people who live with Muslims (a post from 2007 about the troop surge):

KSaiyu
Honestly I don't know if this will help the situation over there, but the Iraqis have to step up. If they can't get control of their country and seize the opportunity to have a free nation, then eventually the blame lies with them. We've given them lots of opportunities already. It looks like they'll get a few more before we give up as a government, as a people I think we've already thrown in the towel.

It won't work because of the reason you've pointed out - the Iraqis. 20'000 more troops won't change opinions. 20'000 will not suddenly, or even gradually turn Iraq into a secure nation with a democracy. If the Iraqis don't want to fight now, why would they with 20'000 more foreigners in their country? All you need to look at is past conflicts with Islam controlled lands; Somalia, Algeria, Palestine even the recent conflict with Lebanon. Touring Mars has already pointed out that it's too late anyway, Iraq is in the beginning of a civil war and more Americans will not help those in power stabilize the country, even to the degree that it was under Saddam.

Swift
Nice, I truly and honestly hope GB doesn't come under more terrorist fire. Spain pulled out and look what happened to them.

Doubtful. You ask any British muslim who are even slightly"anti-west" or "anti-Britain" why they are and they'll more than likely tell you something about "occupation of Islam nations" i.e. our presence in Iraq. Sometimes it's best just to cut your losses before the situation there, and more importantly here deteriorates any more.

I figure that terrorism is waking us up to reality, which is no bad thing.

If somebody goes to the Middle East and becomes a jihadi, then they will be treated as a criminal if they try to return to Australia. That's fine; it's the way it should be.

But if that someone takes their children over to the Middle East to become a jihadi, then they and their children will be treated as criminals if they try to return to Australia.

Wait, what?

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2015-...o-be-treated-as-any-other-abbott-says/6500306

Why let them try to return in the first place? Kids included, they can be brainwashed into suicide bombers too.

In other news, IS has reportedly started with the destruction of the ancient city of Palmyra.
Assad hopes that this will finally spark some international interest for the fighting in Syria.

I guess the UN will use very harsh words this time.

In other news, IS has reportedly started with the destruction of the ancient city of Palmyra.
Assad hopes that this will finally spark some international interest for the fighting in Syria.

As much as I deplore the destruction of ancient ruins in Syria by ISIS run amuck, I bet many buried cities remain to be found there. But to find them, ISIS must first be relieved of its reason for existence.

The UN may also deplore, but it has no standing army of its own, and can do little without a unanimous security council vote. The Sunni/Shia conflict, together with that of their patron nation-states, needs to be worked out in order to address the ISIS problem.

That will scare them!

This conflict is inevitably going into the direction where sooner or later, NATO will have to realize they need to put boots on the ground. The Iraqi army already has a reputation for running away like the french, and they did it again in Ramadi. Greatly outnumbering ISIS but they retreated anyway. You can train them all you want, if they don't have the will to fight it's hopeless.

The only ones that do manage to win the war are the Kurds and the Shiite's backed by Iran, but as the main group in Iraq are Sunni's you can't have them win the war or that would be too tricky...

Why let them try to return in the first place?
There has been the suggestion that disillusioned jihadis could be used as a means to thwart radicalisation at home. You would have to find a way to monitor them, of course.

Kids included, they can be brainwashed into suicide bombers too.
"Brainwashed" being the operative term - can a child, whose brain is still going through developmental phases, really be held accountable as a jihadi when our own legal system recognises that the capacity of minors to understand the full impact of their actions?

It's simple, their ultimate goal is to conquer and convert us at any costs, even if it means exterminating us as we are, what they believe 'the kafir'.

When the Nazi's tried ruling the world we had to fight back for our liberties or we would have been done, same situation here there is no place for mercy or sympathizing as they wouldn't grant that to us neither.

There has been the suggestion that disillusioned jihadis could be used as a means to thwart radicalisation at home. You would have to find a way to monitor them, of course.

A thing that can, and most likely will go wrong when one or more of them go off the grid.

"Brainwashed" being the operative term - can a child, whose brain is still going through developmental phases, really be held accountable as a jihadi when our own legal system recognises that the capacity of minors to understand the full impact of their actions?

The kids are a difficult subject. But if a few must suffer for the many to stay safe, so be it. You can't save every soul on the planet.

A thing that can, and most likely will go wrong when one or more of them go off the grid.
So put them in prison, and bring the vulnerable and at-risk youth to them for intervention.

The kids are a difficult subject. But if a few must suffer for the many to stay safe, so be it. You can't save every soul on the planet.
At no point should "the suffering of a child is acceptable" be a policy.

Back