The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,579 comments
When the Suzuki Escudo becomes available again in the LCD, do yourself a favour and buy it. To just grind for credits I prefer an automatic setup that is easy to drive and guarantees a win. @praiano63 has an updated V1.23 tune for it. I Tried it this morning and it is such an easy no stress win. Using auto and FM1 all the way. I Pitted end of lap 8 for new tyres and some fuel. I Won the race on my first try by 1 minute and 7 seconds. It almost feels like cheating. I Made a change on the tune though. I Moved the ballast up to 200kg and raised the power as much as i could while staying under 600pp.
I still think that the DP100 is the easiest win. It's a no stopper and no FM changes, just drive. I normally lap everyone up except the second place car, if I'm real fast I will lap everyone. It's an easy win even if I slow down quite a bit.

It's an easy win for anyone that uses manual shift. Thats the big catch about it. Without manual shift, its not better than others.

got the money for the Lambo Veneno, but still need invitation, and last few days my ticket didn't even have one... will take forever.

I still think that the DP100 is the easiest win. It's a no stopper and no FM changes, just drive. I normally lap everyone up except the second place car, if I'm real fast I will lap everyone. It's an easy win even if I slow down quite a bit.
If you shift manual, yes it is. Auto doesn't work well for the DP100, at least not for me.

i just made a race with Lambo Countach and it was really weird. Sometimes other cars perform way too good. The german driver was way faster than usual and Kokubun did a 27:47 racetime, usually < 28 is enough to win. Also they start to do 2:11 laps even on easy.

Tried several strats for the rotary Cappuccino. Fastest for me was 3IM/9RH. No exploits as the thread suggests, just a huge PP miscalculation from PD ha
183bb2998646-5930E83B74F202135B8.75421D41793B86E0_message_426314831768931_1665292311597.jpg

If you shift manual, yes it is. Auto doesn't work well for the DP100, at least not for me.
Yes, that's true, I forget that some people don't use manual shift. It's is a huge benefit to learn manual shift not only for cars like the DP100 and Corvette as they are much faster when short shifting but short shifting is also the best way to save fuel. You are really cutting yourself short by not learning to shift manually. It will require some effort and you will be slower at first but it should only take a few days at most to get the hang of manual shifting and you will reap big benefits from it.

Here's a setup for the Alpine from Gran_Turismo522
View attachment 1197925View attachment 1197926
I haven't tested it yet but I assume it's the best method now plus any suspension setting.
The A220 was my go to grind car (6800 miles on it) prior to Tomahawk 2.0. Once TH was nurfed I went on a small binge of the DPI (prob 15 races) and liked it. Avg 26:30 RT. But went back to try the Alpine again. Yeah it’s faster but one major difference I’ve noticed is how strongly damage effects the steering - especially compared to DPI. DPI is muuuuuch easier to drive

Yeah it’s faster but one major difference I’ve noticed is how strongly damage effects the steering
Don't hit the wall then. :D

The tune with racing soft is great but after the track dries out the tires wear really fast, i did one stop after round 7 when back left was almost down, and in round 12 the back left was again down, probably easier doing 2 stops for tires.

Added another six cars to the list, achieving both a new fastest and slowest winning time. The Hellcat Safety Car is just as bad as its standard version and only managed a close win thanks to the AI's inability to get past it in the corners. The Diablo on the other hand was an excellent drive and its ranking at the very top is well-earned. The Miura and (original) Countach were very tail-happy and I lost so much time in them that I only managed to come in 2nd, so unfortunately they won't be going on the leaderboard.

I also tried all the engine swapped Nissans. My strict no tuning policy meant that the 180SX topped out at 276(?) km/h and therefore lost so much time on the straight that it only managed to finish 2nd. The Silvia with the crazy 1000+ BHP engine swap has over 600 PP as standard and therefore didn't even get to try, though surely that one would've been crippled by its standard gearbox as well. The 300ZX however is in just the right PP range and has decent top end, so it managed to win with a comfortable 20 second lead. Also, in the car donating the engine for these swaps, winning was obviously a standard affair, although I'm appalled by how instable the GT-R gets under braking. I had to slow down for turn 1 by half-braking initially in order to avoid veering off into the barrier. Wouldn't have expected that from a GT-R, of all things.

Among the three Porsches I could use, I only managed to win with two of them. The 996's 27:51.466 was only good for 4th place, while the Cayman and 997 left the opposition in the dust spray. The Cayman felt especially good to drive, but it was no match for the 997 which now joins the Diablo in the top 5 fastest cars I've used in this race.

There are now only two more cars remaining in the 550-600 PP range that I'm going to try: The engine-swapped Toyota Crown and the TVR Tuscan Speed 6. I already had a few tries in the Crown and it doesn't look like it's going to make it onto the ranking board. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do after that. I might extend my sample range down to 500 PP, though I very much doubt that there will be many cars making it onto the list from down there. Perhaps I could make something work if I started using racing tyres 🤔

Fes67GrWAAA_byg
FddALB0XkAMGr8x
FddAOsnWYAAnWXb
FddAOLMX0AA6TVE
Fes6-76XgAEFmA1
FddAWLsWQAIJ6uN
FddAQ5BXwAApJRp
FddARP0WIAYv7UM
FddAHAyXoAERyVX
Fes67nrWYAAV2l_
FddAHRRWAAA1uou
Fes6-ryWAAAe_ju
FddAKwmXEAATOAj
Fd0XTujXEAETMO3
FddAGgBWAAAIFUk
FddAN5AXgAE7ETe
FddAVZxWYAMnJoy
Fd0XUOiWQAAlDxI
FddALmuXoAMHvE8
Fes67YTWYAA-aYe
FddAGxCWQAQgJbS
FddARyhWAAEt6Xo
FddAOcaXwAEjgto
FddARgFXkBEXkra
Fd0XVgQX0AkXBEv
FddAV6sXwAI0QBY
FddAVq4XwAA0bQI
Fd0XT_OXoAE9zVq
Fd0XTeuXkAAnMtc
Fd3edulXkAIN09c
FddALT4X0AMsYmM
Fd3ed_BXEAEbnFI
Fd3eddkWAAEqNeh
Fes6620XEAA1VMn

Last edited:
My strict no tuning policy
you won't even change the tires? because SS on Countach 88 would mean like 2 stops and still 27:38? Are you driving on hard? I don't get most of the times even with tuned cars, very impressive.

Also is it just me or do other cars win(i.e. become 2nd) more often since the update? i never saw the nismo on 2nd before. but now they sometimes do really fast laps.

you won't even change the tires? because SS on Countach 88 would mean like 2 stops and still 27:38?
I should've made clear that the tyres are the only thing I change, since they are the only way to bring the PP up without resorting to "actual" tuning. Also, you don't have to stop twice with the Countach on Softs. This is what the tyres look like at the end of lap 6:

FetcYwRWIAAqAt9

I even did a seventh lap in that stint in order to shorten the second one. The improved grip that comes with the drier track in the later laps is always going to be harder on your tyres. That's why it makes sense to do more than half the race on your first stint. In cases where the fuel consumption won't allow for a seventh lap I might choose to do the second stint on the next-harder tyregrade, depending on the current state of the tyres.

Also is it just me or do other cars win(i.e. become 2nd) more often since the update? i never saw the nismo on 2nd before. but now they sometimes do really fast laps.

As the screenshots show, I've had a lot of variation in this regard. One time I even saw Gallo pit three times. Since Gallo starts from pole position, he has the advantage of not having to deal with any traffic. Suswillo and Kokubun start from further back, but they only pit one time. You might rarely see Suswillo do a second pit stop, but I only ever remember seeing it happen once.

Last edited:
This is what the tyres look like at the end of lap 6
Ok I guess my driving style is harder on tires than yours. :D but I could never do those times on stock cars.

Funny, my suswillo used to pit twice regularly and I was confused when he didn’t stop a second time suddenly

Last edited:
I wish they hadnt taken away the TH that quick! I was really hoping to finish off the remaining 3 LCD cars I have left when they next come up, but 99.9% chance I'll have to wait until they come around a second time since those 3 total $50M and I'm at $6M. Over the past week or so I dropped $64M after mega-grinding Tokyo and dropping $19.3M McLarin, $18M on the 917k, $6M on AM DBS3 & $20M on the Alfa 8c.

I have the Mercedes 300SL $20M, Ferrari 250GT $20M & the BMW McLarin $10M left to complete - which if they had the TH still working, MIGHT be possible. However, with it nerfed and the fact I'm moving into a new home we built this week, it looks like it'll be the end of the year before they come around again.

And since I wouldn't dare mention this to my wife, I was so bummed out three weekends ago when I was slated to have the entire day on Saturday day and night all to myself with my wife and kids visiting grandparents - a day I would have played non-stop to build up my funds - only for my son to wake up with major fever and of course I comforted him all day. Between that, going out of town for work the following weekend, prepping for Hurricane Ian (Live in Tampa, Florida and thankful to have dodged a bullet) which meant stacking all the pool furniture in the area I game in for 3-days, followed by getting things ready for daughters B-Day party (which women insist on overdoing lol) and I've gotten like 20% of the normal small amount of time in. All first-world-problems for sure and I'm certain there are people on here who'll read this and wish they had my problems - just wanted to vent to people who would understand where I'm coming from lol

Don't hit the wall then. :D

The tune with racing soft is great but after the track dries out the tires wear really fast, i did one stop after round 7 when back left was almost down, and in round 12 the back left was again down, probably easier doing 2 stops for tires.
I know lol! Got used to the DPI (which I would love so much more if they had a cockpit) and how planted it is that I went two races back to back with no penalties (which I accomplished a handful of time with the 6.5K miles I put on the A220 on this race previously) although still got damage a fair amount. But I think a lot of that had to do with how correctable the DPI was with damage compared to A220 - which the damage is much more severe to the handling IMO. a 5-second penalty with it increases the chance of a second penalty big-time or a big time lose driving slower. I will say though, the DPI, which ~7-mins slower than the TH, was soooooo much less stressful to drive than TH!

There is an A220 Tune with RMs! Gonna share it here:

You can use Racing Medium (but not soft) if you use this glitch build as a basis, change downforce to 197 front/197 back, and add 2kg of ballast, location -20. One stop after round 7 for fuel + tyres.

Hurricane Ian
I definately don't want to have your problems, lol. But i know the feeling, sometimes when my girlfirnd has plans for the weekend which means i could play whole 2 days and then something happens and she stays and i'm like "oh come on" but of course tell her how nice, because now wer can spend the time together. :D

Fd0XUOiWQAAlDxI
Thanks again for your post. i never imagined stock cars (with swapped engine) could be a viable option, but after your post i tried the M3 because i love no stop races and it was amazing. So fast on the straight, 315kmh easily. i could win in 27:35. Funny thing, my Gallo on easy made a 2:10 hot lap, haha.

i will try other cars too now. Diablo is on my list anyway since some time, just need to get him in UCD.

edit:
okay @Baka_Marimo the SLR mclaren was a lot harder to control for me. I could win, but about 30 seconds slower than you.

Last edited:
I've won it with the Mitsubishi GTO with a few mods, fuel savnig and no stop on the sport medium tires
was a fun single player experience, beat the p1 to the finish line by 0,17s

Fes67GrWAAA_byg
FddALB0XkAMGr8x
FddAOsnWYAAnWXb
FddAOLMX0AA6TVE
Fes6-76XgAEFmA1
FddAWLsWQAIJ6uN
FddAQ5BXwAApJRp
FddARP0WIAYv7UM
FddAHAyXoAERyVX
Fes67nrWYAAV2l_
FddAHRRWAAA1uou
Fes6-ryWAAAe_ju
FddAKwmXEAATOAj
Fd0XTujXEAETMO3
FddAGgBWAAAIFUk
FddAN5AXgAE7ETe
FddAVZxWYAMnJoy
Fd0XUOiWQAAlDxI
FddALmuXoAMHvE8
Fes67YTWYAA-aYe
FddAGxCWQAQgJbS
FddARyhWAAEt6Xo
FddAOcaXwAEjgto
FddARgFXkBEXkra
Fd0XVgQX0AkXBEv
FddAV6sXwAI0QBY
FddAVq4XwAA0bQI
Fd0XT_OXoAE9zVq
Fd0XTeuXkAAnMtc
Fd3edulXkAIN09c
FddALT4X0AMsYmM
Fd3ed_BXEAEbnFI
Fd3eddkWAAEqNeh
Fes6620XEAA1VMn
I tried a few more of your cars, because i like the idea of using stock. With most of them i barely win, it's impressive to see you racetimes being a lot faster than mine, only on BMW M3 i was close. Porsche 911 was too slow i couldn't even catch up to them. Corvette i won with 7 seconds but had a 5sec penalty in round 6. Didn't even try the slower cars because i don't think i'd win.

btw. it might be possible to do a no stop with Corvette too on SH and FM 2 or maybe 3.

After trying many stock cars with RH tires and running out of eurobeat, I decided to test stock cars with Sports Tires, the "intended" way, similar to what Baka is doing, although I have no especific pp range. I'm just using the best possible tires under 600pp. The idea is to go all the way to Zagato.

After that, I'll be doing a list for cars above 600pp. Still thinking how I'm going to do, since detuning is not equal for them (e.g: with the 911 GT3 I have a better time with SM with reduced power than with RH with more power). There's a lot of combinations with ballast, tires and power, so we'll see about that... Kinda want to do a VGT list, too.

Anyway, so far this are the results:
2SGGxey.jpg

Some notes:

- Cars like the BMW M3/Z8, Audi TTS, Mustang, NSX 92' and so on... they're fast, but not "fast enough". The M3 07' has enough speed, but not enough acceleration. The Mustang is good at acceleration, but not at top speed. They're capable of winning with RH tires, but they aren't fast enough with SS/SM tires with one-stop or SH with no-stop.

- I almost got a win with the Vantage S. It was so close! Maybe with better luck I could have won, since laps times by the blue NSX were all below 2:09-2:10. Can say the same thing about the Porsche 996. I got 4th, 3rd and 2nd with them, losing 1st place by mere 2-4 seconds.

- I have a feeling the Corvette C4 can win on SS. At first I thought the top speed wouldn't be enough, but looking at my time with RH, I got a 27:09. I think it's possible, might try it later.

- The Charger Hellcat and the Mustang 350R are the worst experiences I ever had with this race. The Charger is all over the place. That car is alive and wants to kill you. My first race I got literally rammed by the AI at the very last corner, so I rage quit. Won on the second race, but it was so bad that I didn't even recorded my time. It was ~+27:48. Awful.
The Mustang 350R is actually quite nice to drive, but tire wear is too high with SS/SM. What I really hate on this car is the 6th gear. This gear doesn't make any sense, at all. By default, the gear puts you under 5k RPM, which is awful for that main straight. Even if you stick to 5th gear, you're locked under 280 km/h.

- Only two Ferraris because those 2 are the only ones I have without mods. I wanted to test the 365 and the 512, but since they have a WR level 1 upgrade, it's way too expensive for me to reset them. (365 New Body is 1.1 million. The car is currently at LCD for 600k. Geez...). Diablo GT won't be in the list for the same reason. FeelsBad.

- I know SM/SS tires can mask some handling problems, but using them in the Audi R8 and the Aston Martin DB11 is just elegant. They feel really, really nice to drive. Super fun. They're up there with the Porsche Cayman in terms of "relaxing walk around Tokyo".

- The Corvette C7 can do a sub 26 minutes, I'm 100% confident on that.

- The Ferrari GTO is faster than it looks. It's nimble and small with a turbo on it. Quite safe to drive, too. Similary, the Ford GT40 is just as good. If I could use SS on the GT40, I bet I could get a sub 26 time. Fuel efficiency is also not bad for a car that is constantly in high RPMs.

- All 3 Vipers are good choices. Of course, the GTS 13' is the fastest, but damn the GTS 02' has such a good sound.

- Finally, the highlight so far is the C 63 being able to win the race with SS. Question for @Baka_Marimo: is your time with the C 63 before the 1.23 update? I swear, it feels impossible to save tires with this car. By lap 6 tires are all gone.
@BWM strat from last page, running over water puddles as much as possible, is how I managed to get 7 laps from SS tires and consequently doing with only 1-stop. Well, sticking to water as much as possible and very, VERY, very light and docile throttle/brake control. At least it's fun to control this car. Better and more fun than the freaking Hellcat... This car gave me so many headaches, but I finally got a win.

Add the 1966 GT40 to your list. It can be set up to have 600pp with either IM or Wet tires. IM will require a stop to change tires and the car will be tricky for the first few laps. Wets will require two stops but allow a better HP to weight ratio that will make up for both stops and then some. Sports tires are possible too, but I like my cars stuck to the road.
FM6 will eliminate the need to refuel if you desire.
Widebody mod at GT Auto decreases PP if standard wheels/tires are fitted. It's not much but it helps. Ditto for aero parts. If set up right, the car's main fault is slow acceleration out of the hairpins, but once it gets up to speed it stays there.
I'm running 26 minutes with it.
My bad... the car's main fault is the cost!

Last edited:
with the 911 GT3 I have a better time with SM with reduced power than with RH with more power
You mean SH, right? RH with more power than SM doesn't sound right.
BMW M3/Z8
Did you try the M3 with swapped engine?
The Corvette C7 can do a sub 26 minutes
Did you do a no stop race with the C7? Using SH and FM2 or 3 maybe?

Thanks for your interessting post. One question i have is, if you do races on RH, you can also do IMs right? I think RH and IM are about the same PP cost. So far i didn't find a car fast enough, that has low enough PP to use Racing Tires. They cost too much PP and i'm not good enough to compensate the less power.

What is your favourite for tokyo? In case of easy win and easy to drive?

BMW m3 with engine swap,medium rpm turbo on SH,is a non stopper for me.I dont chase fastest laps so the tyres last a bit longer for me,if i use SM then i need to stop for a tyre change.If i remember rightly i ran it at FM1 except for 1 lap on FM6 through the twisty sections. 👍

Car was easy at Le Mans and figured I’d try it here.

Just detuned ECU to 72 and used SH. Only tops out to 245-250km/h, but the mechanical grip lasts from start to finish. Downforce is great, even in the wet at the start. Nothing will out-brake it. Think I hit the brakes before the toll plaza, at a the ”100” signs a few times. FM1 with about 9 laps still in the tank. At the start of the first lap, fuel was at 18 laps entering T1.
1665566489908.png

Only tops out to 245-250km/h
Wow, sounds like you got catched a lot on the straight and catched them back at the rest of the track.

I try to be in front as fast as possibe, usually after Gallos first stop, and then stay there, because what i hate most on this tack and race is cars in front of you that you need to get around. With them being stuck on the line, they either block you or make you drive around risking penalties or losing control because of the wet track.

Last edited:
Wow, sounds like you got catched a lot on the straight and catched them back at the rest of the track.

I try to be in front as fast as possibe, usually after Gallos first stop, and then stay there, because what i hate most on this tack and race is cars in front of you that you need to get around. With them being stuck on the line, they either block you or make you drive around risking penalties or losing control because of the wet track.
Yes. Final turn to about the uphill is death. Good thing I didn’t get any penalties in this one.

It’s a very stable car. So, lots of easy passing from the start and when it dries, way short braking distances. Found I could brake deep on the wet. The handling through the twisties, has me stretching the gap to six to seven seconds. I was a about 5 seconds behind the NSX at its final stop. They just can’t catch up from T1 to the toll plaza.

“Dry“ Lap times were 2:15 when no traffic. High 2:16s affer A couple laps.

Just managed to win in the stock M3 '07 on RMs. Don't have the time to incorporate it into my ranking board right now, but here's the laptimes:

Fe3gQ8cXgAEHceN

Question for @Baka_Marimo: is your time with the C 63 before the 1.23 update? I swear, it feels impossible to save tires with this car. By lap 6 tires are all gone.
I checked the creation date of that screenshot and it's the 27th of September, so two days before the 1.23 update.

Last edited:
Just managed to win in the stock M3 '07 on RMs. Don't have the time to incorporate it into my ranking boeard right now, but here's the laptimes:

Fe3gQ8cXgAEHceN

I checked the creation date of that screenshot and it's the 27th of September, so two days before the 1.23 update.
What FM do you run?I assume theres no change for tyres.

Latest Posts

Back