The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,579 comments
Audi e-tron VGT is possible

Tokyo etron Finish.jpg

Post in thread 'CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...xpress-glitches-are-dead.407464/post-13864109

Last edited:
You can win it.
Thank you, but i don't have fun driving it, so i rather try something else. :)

I did tokyo so many times, with so many cars by now, i probably go back to daily A220 for the ticket until i get new cars. Still need the older Evos and Escudo and Engine for Capuccino and others.

I've had the Nissan R33 for quite a while but have never taken it to Tokyo. Eventually tried it over the weekend and got a very pleasant surprise. Really a nice drive. I Only did the race once but I'm sure that with maybe another two or three attempts I'll go under 27 minutes.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20221015213711.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221015213711.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20221015212938-R33.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20221015212938-R33.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 19
BWM
Bought the second Alfa 8C 2900B upgrade to 600pp but sadly not enough top speed. Spent most the money need to find something fresh and interesting to do to get the cr back.

Looking for new idea hanging around dealers and saw the R34 in the UCD.
Remember watching some cooking show making one ingredient into 3 dishes.
So why not bought a couple of them and race them in 3 different ways.:D
And just got the PS5 first drove something easier to get used to the new controller.

1. Dragster style
View attachment 1200736

Inspired by the Porsche VGT and tried the same strategy in ICE.
Very heavy on Tyre and fuel so it can't do a no pit run.

2. Street style
View attachment 1200738

The basic Sport Tyre strategy, and this R34 is one of my everyday grinder.

3. Roller-coaster style
View attachment 1200739

The racing Tyre strategy. Actually the first time driving R34 in RH, it corner a lot better than I though. (Though it is heavy)

The most difficult was the dragster run, got saved by the 4wd system a lot both stability and exit speed. Tried if 3 ways are possible in RWD with some classic muscle (for the dragster theme) but no success yet. Would try something more modern.

I didnt try your SH method as thats already one of my goto cars for grinding anyway.I did have a bash with the CM version,sometimes it just feels so good to blast down the straight,lol.However it went pear shaped for me,had 3x5 sec penalties and came home second,its definately trickier but keeps the interest there.I will have another go tomorrow but take it easier where i made my mistakes. 👍

I find that to save tires you can turn up the assists except maybe ASM. Also shift both weight and brake balance away from the tires that wear gastest.
Yes IM tires are an absolute lifesaver for races like this. They can even be run in the dry and will last a bit longer than RS or wet tires. Wet tires are similar but they have a lot less traction in the dry and they wear out crazy fast unless the rain gauge is at least 1/3 full. Both give less PP than racing slicks, even RH.
I'm running Tokyo in a car I got from Hagerty's, outrunning the AI by at least a minute and lapping stragglers even on hard mode. I haven't posted the tune or any videos, as I don't care to find it patched out. Even if they do patch it, IM tires will still allow me to win. The downside is this car is extremely sensitive to damage. It's not particularly fragile but if it does wind up taking damage, the race is practically over.
I have entered an engine swapped Cappucino in this race, it's fast enough to leave the pack if they don't beat it up first and saddle you with 30 seconds of penalties.
The Murceilago continues to be a reliable car for this race.
Regarding rain tires...I grind the Spa 1 hour with them. I start on IM and run them the whole way through unless the rain gauge is more than 1/3 full when I pit. They do just fine on the Red Bull Comp. I'm running 153 MPH on the Kimmel, so kinda slow, but the car is stuck to the track and dominates medium speed corners. I always change tires when I stop for gas. Light or no rain = IM, heavy rain = wets.
Even wets will work in the dry depending on the car. Make sure you drive through every puddle you can to reduce wear.
Someone mentioned that an aero glitch allows the 220 to enter. Hopefully this will force PD to "patch" the aero settings so that PP is calculated based on the type of part, not the actual settings. Yes this will affect my tune also, but it'll open opportunities for better grip.

Last edited:
I have done this race on an engine swapped M3 where i started on IMs and changed to RH after 5 laps because they really started to go red. But those RH were going down very fast too, managed to win but tires were almost out completely in the back. :D

Usually IMs take a high price on pp and you will need to pit. RH cost even more pp, but might be able to do a no stop race, depending on skill and car.

I have done this race on an engine swapped M3 where i started on IMs and changed to RH after 5 laps because they really started to go red. But those RH were going down very fast too, managed to win but tires were almost out completely in the back. :D

Usually IMs take a high price on pp and you will need to pit. RH cost even more pp, but might be able to do a no stop race, depending on skill and car.
M3 engine swap on SH does a non stopper,as does the Focus RS`18 with engine swap also on SH.
I used IM when i first started racing on Tokyo but the more i got used to the track the less i used them,went to SM but now mainly SH.Your right about RH costing too much pp,thats pp you can spend elsewhere. 👍

Btw. does anyone know if there are any glitch free no stop cars that can reach 300km/h+ (around 190mph) on the straight?
AM DP100 with SH's and short-shifting - The "tune" i've liked the most is going with lower ballast and thus lower power. I top out 184-185 I think, but FL is generally 2:07x and ~26-minute RT. Could add more ballast and up the power a lot, but then it turns like a semi-truck

27:00.962 was my fastest time with a stock Corvette C7.

I knew I could do sub-27:
nEvKEWF.png

Couple races later, I got it:
1ZDgpDP.png

Also had a 26:59.063 run. I'm in love with this car.

The ZR1 C6 is so fast with the supercharger that you can probably use the long straight to take-off and fly:
Mvrf5EP.png

If you take the engine from an RX-7 and install the 26B, then put the RX-7's engine in a Cappucino, they'll both fly like that given the correct transmission settings. The RX-7 hits 253MPH and the Cappucino hits 200.
On hard mode Gallo runs that straight around 185-190MPH anyway in his NSX. Suswilo is a tad slower.

AM DP100 with SH's and short-shifting - The "tune" i've liked the most is going with lower ballast and thus lower power. I top out 184-185 I think, but FL is generally 2:07x and ~26-minute RT. Could add more ballast and up the power a lot, but then it turns like a semi-truck
I'll try the Cappucino this evening if I have time. The RX-7 won't need a fuel stop, but since 1.21 managing the rear tires has been interesting. Maybe I could de tune it for RH tires, the track ain't that slick, not compared to the red clay roads here in Oklahoma after a week of rain.

I'm running Tokyo in a car I got from Hagerty's, outrunning the AI by at least a minute and lapping stragglers even on hard mode. I haven't posted the tune or any videos, as I don't care to find it patched out.
There's numerous cars that can win by a minute or more, even without any sort of glitch tune.

difficult for me to use this as i'm a controller A/T player, you need to be on M/T to maximize this car.
1666053278192.png

fastest lap 2:07.xxx

There's numerous cars that can win by a minute or more, even without any sort of glitch tune.
Mine can win without a glitch too, it's just a little faster with it. I may be moving back over to the RX-7. I found a way to no stop the race with it again. It's not as fast or as grippy as the Vista Cruiser, but it works.
I feel ya on the no glitch stuff. I've spoken out against it quite a bit myself. This one's plausible as the Vista Cruiser has serious handling issues in the rain without specific tires that are less of a problem on dry roads. If PD patches the tune, I'll post the working one as well as which car I actually used (not an Oldsmobile, obviously). I'm not even sure that said car and glitch tune is the best way, just the best I've found. My hat is off to the folks who are tuning and posting, but I use my own tunes drawing from scale model racing and Fixing Or Repairing Daily, lol.
I promised an attempt to no stop the Cappucino, but did the RX-7 instead. I'll post tunes for it tomorrow evening.

difficult for me to use this as i'm a controller A/T player, you need to be on M/T to maximize this car.
View attachment 1201155
fastest lap 2:07.xxx
The Impreza has seemed that way since the red 95 or 96 model showed up in the GT1 demos. It's always been a well rounded car in Gran Turismo. I assume it is IRL, too. Japanese built cars are known for their longevity here. Hondas, Subarus, etc. all just keep ticking. Non rotary Mazdas fall apart pretty fast, but I'm told the Wankel engines will outlast time itself.
The only US built engine that lasts so long is a 4.6 Romeo. The body will fall off before that engine ever quits.

Turns out that the Alpine VGT is a contender (glitch free).

Post in thread 'CREDIT GRIND - WTC 600 Tokyo Express - Glitches are Dead.' https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...xpress-glitches-are-dead.407464/post-13864824
Maybe they can be broken down a bit more by driving style. IIRC yours favor raw power and speed over control, but correct me if I'm wrong. Mine favor control at the expense of speed or, in some cases, power. If I'm throwing control to the wind, I'd better be playing wipEout or Hydro Thunder. :)

I don't quite get, why you are so mysterious about your tune. Post it or don't but talking about how great it is and then not showing seems a bit odd.

@engrmariano
It's impressive you do these times on pad and AT. Using AT myself and i never got below 27. Not even without stops.

I tried some GR4 AWDs yesterday, because most of them are just above 600pp and come with RH equiped, so changing to Sports already pushes them below 600. With SH some even can use a Turbo. They Veyron felt a lot like the Huracan, but without the excelent fuel management and top speed. I plan to try the Genesis, Evo Final, Corvette and Subaru WRX, all GR4 too.

Last edited:
I'm running Tokyo in a car I got from Hagerty's, outrunning the AI by at least a minute and lapping stragglers even on hard mode. I haven't posted the tune or any videos, as I don't care to find it patched out. Even if they do patch it, IM tires will still allow me to win. The downside is this car is extremely sensitive to damage.
How about posting your tune,help out some of the people struggling. 👍

Was a bit disturbed yesterday that Gallo and Suswillo where not the fastest but somebody else, i cant remember the name. Somebody who normaly stops twice and just didnt need the second stop this time. Does that happen a lot and is it influenced by my doing?

Last edited:
Usually kokubun is 2nd in his white car, because he only stops once. Suswilo has 1 or 2 stops, no idea how this is chosen. never saw aother car on 2nd. But Fraga in his supra 97 sometimes does FL and is 3rd place. Hizal in Subaru starts on top3 but has 2 stops and usually ranks top5, but not top3.

At least on my races, maybe difficulty changes something.

Does that happen a lot and is it influenced by my doing?
Maybe if you push them in the wall. :D

Last edited:
yours favor raw power and speed over control, but correct me if I'm wrong. Mine favor control at the expense of speed or, in some cases, power
Actually I've finished the game completely, so now I'm trying to find the fastest full race time on the Tokyo grind for each car, just for fun, so it's the car design itself, combined with the PP calculation, that determines the final outcome of Power Vs Handling. The Audi e-tron VGT is a good example of extremely good handling at the expense of power https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...xpress-glitches-are-dead.407464/post-13864109

Also it's apparent that some people prefer the Automatic gearbox, which has a downside because they can't short-shift, so now I test in both Manual & Auto.

I've enjoyed discovering the characteristics of many different cars, on this grind. IMO if PD changed the grind every few months, they'd have a completely different response from the fans.... The focus we have all put into Tokyo 600 is huge, imagine if next month they drop the Credit reward by x10 and boost another event x10, thousands of fans would be madly testing cars and posting videos about the new meta grind!!! = Game On!!

Sure about that? I have the feeling, that suswilo is the fastest on the straight.
When i ran the R33 with CM,on the straight suswilo was able to stay in front of me at 195mph.Other races with different cars hes not as fast on the straight,go figure. 🤔

Usually kokubun is 2nd in his white car
Maybe if you push them in the wall. :D
The most satisfying race I did recently was where I managed to make Kokubun have a head on collision with the pit entrance. I was really fed up with him coming past me on the straight each time then slowing me down when I had to get past him again through the corners. It got me a 5 second penalty, but it was worth it for how far down it made him finish that race :D

One thing I should add - I watched the replay from his PoV afterwards, and 100% definitely the AI cars do suffer damage. His car was absolutely crippled with damage until it went away, he was maxed out below 120mph on the straight due to engine damage.

Last edited:
go figure.
It's weird anyway, the first few laps, suswilo stays close to gallo and they usually are a few seconds in front of me, as soon as gallo does his first stop suswilo is a lot slower and i'm able to catch him most of the time. no idea why sometimes they are faster and sometimes slower, maybe they also change FM or something.

How about posting your tune,help out some of the people struggling. 👍
See the RX-7 and the Murceilago tunes I posted, particularly the Murceilago because it's readily available with the required engine. I uploaded them in the game itself.
I don't want the other tune nerfed. For me, it's the fastest and easiest way to win at Tokyo, coming in around 26:00-26:30. It's also one of the most expensive cars in the game.
I don't understand why there's so much curiosity about one single, probably unimpressive, tune compared to at least three others I uploaded (there are two for the RX-7).
Actually, I haven't uploaded the second RX-7 tune yet, it was late when I won the race with it.
To no stop Tokyo 600 with an engine swapped RX-7, here's what I remember if it:
I think the car is an '09 model. It has the 26B engine with all permanent mods except widebody done to both car and engine.
Next I went to GT Auto and fitted a color keyed air dam and a medium type C wing. I just picked the first one that came up and the first end plates. After that I got some custom wheels, wide wheels, wide stance, and the smallest possible rim. I painted the car green and added decals in random places. I think the sides are symmetrical, the hood is not.
At Understeer, I bought every part they have. I planned on using this car a while.
Now to the track. I installed Sports Hard tires on the front, though I have run Comfort Hard there before. On the back I installed Racing Hard tires. One can install IM's here for a one stop race and finish the race faster, but that's not the point; I wanted a no stop tune.
Next on the list is normal suspension. Further down, installed the fully customized differential and set everything to 5.
Next column. Front downforce is 70, rear is 300. The ECM is standard IIRC, but if you use IM tires you may need to install the fully customizable one and reduce the output. I forget how much ballast was in it, but that's adjusted last, so it should be easy to figure out (and you need to tweak it on your own to see where PP rises and falls out of sync with the weight). Distribution is -50, all the way forward.
Next is the fully customizable manual transmission. Set it to your preference between 240 and 280. I used 260. If 240 works for you, switch to the close ratio transmission. I used the close ratio with IM tires on the one stop tune.
Remove the nitrous. I bought it to use in other races where it's legal.
Next column: use either the Normal or low RPM turbo. If you can make PP with a larger one, do it. Use an anti lag system but turn it off. Use a brake balance controller set to -5.
Everything else is straight up normal. Later on it's there if you need it for Spa, the Hypercar Parade, running daily workouts, etc.
When the race starts, set your display for anything you can't accidentally bump. Set TCS to your liking, I used 5.
I had all driver assists turned on and maxed. I used a Dual Sense but had a random sensitivity setting. I used the controller's tilt function, not the stick
The car will feel loose for the first four laps, so press the gas slowly to max. You may have no issues here, my definition of "loose" is the car going even slightly off the path I'm trying to take. Be ready to countersteer, and expect not to take the lead until lap four or five. Once lap five or so hits, you can give the car what for and it will stay stuck to the road.
On easy I finished 12 seconds ahead of 2nd place for a roughly 27 minute race. Using the one stop strategy I finished about 30 seconds sooner.
As for the glitch tunes ya'll are clamoring for, forget it. I don't have some 18 minute win tune, they all run 26-27 minutes, some with and some without stops. One of them requires up to three stops and there's no changing it as the car turns all four RS tires red in three laps flat and requires at least one stop for fuel anyway. I find them a tiny bit easier to drive due to grip, but given the sheer number of options to win this race and the fact I've shared every non glitch tune I have for it, plus the fact they're not any faster, there's no reason to post them... period.
What's the point of posting a 291 PP no stop tune if the race still takes 27 1/2 minutes with it? Just so PD can issue a patch that disables half the non glitch tunes with it? Drive a Bimmer. Or the Lambo. Or a Mazda. Or the tiny Cappucino... etc.

The focus we have all put into Tokyo 600 is huge
You make such a great point!! If you go back in this thread and the other Tokyo thread, the amount of testing that people post is incredible - it surely influenced me to use many cars that I wouldn't have otherwise chosen (although some have made me realize how far away I am from being a good driver when comparing RT's lol). I think this race gets such great posts from the community because the other grinds are higher PP and thus race cars (which feels less "discovery" based). Ugh all this does is annoy the crap out of me! So much damn potential for events that are literally plug-and-play setting up - no reason why they don't have longer and higher payout events. Makes you wonder what they think of the grind events they added back in April since they're not adding anything remotely similar since.

Back