Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
That reminds me of another idea; selectable AI difficuly, and/or base it on how many license tests you've completed, and to what level (gold gives you the fastest AI). Then maybe have it increase a little further as you finish career mode. It doesn't have to be a lot, maybe just not let the cars drop off as much once you pass them, or give them more HP, less weight.

Jerome

Thats a really nice idea mate! I remember that you could choose the amount of cars on the track and what level they were on GT4.

I'm about to read every page on this thread, play every GT game (1 through 5) and write down my giant list of things I think will improve GT6. *sigh* Let's begin...

An option to buy a car transporter so you can take up to 6 cars to a race event instead of having to keep going to the main menu to change cars.

Races where you race with your B spec driver as a team mate/and or able to share driving in endurance races.

Am I the only one who wants the grids to get cut down to 12? Sure in theory it would be cool to have that many cars on the track. However, that exponentially increases your chances of getting in an accident, only more-so when in a general lobby. It wouldn't be that great :yuck: Especially for 5 laps which is usually the most the general population wants to run so they have another chance to win a race the next time.

Jerome

You do the grid size depending on the track/category combination, here's how I recon it should be done:

1) Cap all online races to 16, we have enough idiotic first-corner accidents as it is with 12-16 cars.

2) SuperGT should be max with both categories, 12-16 with GT500 and 12 with GT300 (16 if Polyphony bothers to license ALL GT300 cars instead of their personal faves)

3) DTM should be 12-16 (depending if Polyphony bothers to license DTM cars properly), could split the old (1990-1996) and new cars (2000-current) into separate classes that race on track together.
Or if Polyphony bothers to license the cars properly the categories could be as follows:
- 1990-1996, (we shouldn't be allowed to turn off TCS and ABS as these cars raced with them) the old generation of DTM cars (E30 + E36 M3, C180, W201, 155 and Calibra).
- 2000-2003, the initial coupe rules (TT-R, CLK and Astra).
- 2004-2011, the 4-door shape rules (A4, C Klasse and Vectra)
- 2012-current, the current rules.

4) Sportscars (LMPs and GTs NOT Group C as they raced on their own) you have the maximum with a 40%-60% split between the categories.

For the gridsizes on each track, the big courses like Spa, Nurburgring, Le Mans or any track over 7km in length should be full grid and anything under 2km should be 70% field size.

Maybe but I should have clarified, I'm talking about shuffle races here because that's all I ever really did. Every time Nordschliefe came around people are always asking for laps to be set to 1, every time. I used to try setting my own lobbies titled 'longer races, 10/15min+' and things like that, nobody ever joined.

I get that when the lobby only has 8 or less drivers more laps might not be a good idea if everyone gets separated but when it's a full room or close to it why not run 20 minute races? Like I say generally speaking it seems people don't want that, they want 3 lap dashes.

I agree with you here SimonK, its not as if 3-5 laps is exactly an endurance race but it is always 1 lap at Nordschliefe and maybe 3 laps at Le Sarthe. I would like to see qualifying followed by a lengthy race with "race for real" penalising you for contact/leaving the track where your race is effectively over. The idea being that people think twice before taking overly risky manoeuvres.

Along with the requested real world motorsports aspects many of us want to see in GT6, I'm counting on PD to work in as many league style events and features as possible. By that I mean that if Rally is included again, pretty much guaranteed, then please offer us something of a long series of rally events, even to something of a season of racing for a championship. I'd love to see this in both Time Attack and rally cross style events, where you race against bot competitors and fight for points standings.

The same thing for a whole slew of other leagues. If NASCAR returns, which is likely, give us something of a NASCAR championship to race through, with a bunch of appropriate tracks. Do this for as many leagues as possible.

I want to see everything conceivable in GT6: WRC, BTCC, ETCC, ALMS, DTM, even the semi-pro equivalent we have here in the U.S. with our Sports Car Club of America. For Formula 1 we already have Formula GT, and that's sufficient for me. With each league, there should be a series of race courses appropriate to every level and region of racing, and a bunch of cars with unique liveries, so that no race has oddball cars that don't belong, or duplicate race cars. And if possible, give us some full featured Season and Career Modes to flesh this out lavishly.

I know that licensing is an issue, such as with F1 and the tyrants who own it, but they can go the fantasy route if licensing the rights to a bunch of real world leagues, race cars and race courses is too difficult and expensive. Even the cars and tracks in rFactor were fake, and it wasn't such a big deal.

It seems like every idea I have is already posted here in one form or another, but I'll do it anyway.

Endurance championships - Some of the championship already in there, like SUPER GT, Dream Car, Schwarzwald League, European Championship, American Championship, Japanese Championship, etc., would sound great in an endurance format. In addition to the single-event endurance races, endurance championships would be a fantastic addition.

Multi-class races - Ever since the original Gran Turismo game, where vehicles have been listed in different classes, I have thought that there should be multi-class races, especially at endurance races. Many real endurance races have more than one class, so you know it could work in GT5.

Larger fields - I'm glad that GT5 made the leap from 6 cars to 12 in a race with as many as 16 on track in some races. But for some events, I think they can have more on the track at once. Like how Le Mans has 56 cars and the Nürburgring 24 Hours has more than 200 cars. Maybe not that many in GT6, but I think they can handle more than 16 cars on a track in longer, higher-skill events.

More endurance events - Daytona 24 Hours, 24 Hours of Spa, 1000km of Monza, 1000km of Spa, 1000km of Nürburgring, to name a few on tracks that are already in the game. These would all be perfect additions to the already impressive endurance race roster.

Custom paint jobs - It's nice that GT5 has a paint shop, but I think you should be able to add custom graphics to your car. Especially production cars.

RM for more cars - At the very least, all premium cars should be able to be given the Race Modification.

That's all I can think of for right now.

Unequal length manifolds and genuine sounds for every Subaru model. At the very least UEL manifolds should be a modification, because Subarus don't mean anything to me in Gran Turismo with EL manifolds; they're really boring.

Well, I would like to see more cars in a grid for the next GT, but would also like to have an option outside of offline to choose how many opponents I can race against or maybe choose the car I race against in arcade mode.

I know it sounds silly, but I would like the idea of choosing my own opponents to create my own custom events.

I would also like an improved track creator such as being allowed to choose how many corners I want, modify the corner angles, choose the time of day, & etc. If a course I want isn't in GT6, I want to have more freedom with my track creator in order to at least be able to replicate the course or create a new, course of my own.

Here's one I haven't seen yet: the ability to buy Stage 3 weight reduction or Stage 3 engine upgrades without having to go through the first two beforehand. This would save a lot of time.

I don't know if these have been mentioned yet - got sick of reading it all. These are not additions, but more like simple fixes, which could even be applied to the current game.

The fact that American muscle cars are basically useless because the keep hitting the rev limiter, really frustrating in shuffle racing. There should be some way to adjust or change the diff ratio without modifying the car (changing the gearbox), much like you can adjust brake bias. many of these cars would have had various diff ratio's as an option from the factory.

I find that the change in volume of the car you are driving when you get close to other cars annoying and unrealistic. sure you should be able to hear the others, but not by lowering the volume of the car you are driving.

Here's one I haven't seen yet: the ability to buy Stage 3 weight reduction or Stage 3 engine upgrades without having to go through the first two beforehand. This would save a lot of time.

That seems rather logical, I'm not sure PD are going for logical.

The fact that American muscle cars are basically useless because the keep hitting the rev limiter, really frustrating in shuffle racing. There should be some way to adjust or change the diff ratio without modifying the car (changing the gearbox), much like you can adjust brake bias. many of these cars would have had various diff ratio's as an option from the factory.

Differential Customization:
This is something I've wanted for years. They could offer a new transmission modification that allows free customization of the differential gear while retaining the trans ratios. Or they could allow us to select the number of gears in a full custom box, which would give us the ability to set up our own 4 speed (or anything from 2-7 forward gears). But the most realistic option would be separating the transmission and differential entirely, and allowing the diff to be customized on its own. I think the differential gear should be addressed one way or another.

Accurate Car Specifications:
This is kind of a no brainer, but unfortunately there are way to many cars in GT5 with inaccurate specs. Weight distribution is the biggest offender with many cars being off by a couple percent (some as much as 7,10, even 12%). A few cars have issues with other things like Horsepower, Curb Weight, and Gear Ratios as well. These things can completely change a cars behavior, and while mistakes will happen I expect a stronger effort in the future.

Remove Rev Limiter From Classic Cars:
Simply put, it shouldn't be there to begin with. The most realistic solution would be engine damage that penalises over revving, but even without it I would rather have cars screaming down the straight, as opposed to running on the limiter.

Last edited:
Gameplay - Track changes over time:

Similar to the recommendation already made about the racing line, over time, rubbering-in (which provides more grip as cars lap the track during qualifying and the race):

Whether racing online or offline, there should be a pile-up of shredded tire rubber just off the racing line. This simulates the effects felt (a la F1 races) by cars that leave the racing line for whatever reason (sometimes frighteningly less traction).

Additionally, more patches of varying road textures on real life courses (eg. gravel, or water lingers on track in particular stretch after rain). Then when driven over, tires respond in traction changes to these dynamic road textures. Risk of damage to car increases, perhaps, in certain textured areas (gravel pits, trash blowing across tarmac). There are some of these spots already on the Nurburgring, but these could be highlighted in license tests or text introductions/fly-through-introductions to the courses (Arcade Mode).

Bouncing off of A_Higher_Place's notion, I've mentioned it before. Going along with the Season and Career Mode ideas of mine, I'm hoping that PD creates a bunch of virtual racers in GT6 with identities and racing personalities in various leagues. For instance, 50 bots or so for the DTM races with their own unique racing habits and tactics, and for Rally, BTCC, WTCC, ALMS, etc. Warning: going to mention the "F word." ;)

Forza has a legacy of bot opponents who show up in every game, the most notorious being M. Rossi, characterized as racing "angry." While I don't want to see bash bots like Forza has, I also don't want to be racing against GT6 opponents which are nothing more than a bunch of random names. And in particular, for the championship racing which a whole slew of us want to see in GT6, whether there's anything like a Season/Career Mode or not, this kind of racing desperately needs bots with individually tailored behavior to give us the feeling of real racing competition. If I'm behind in the points, it makes it more involving an experience for me at least to have the sense that I'm chasing after a person. And they got to be where they are because of definite racing skill and techniques.

Honestly the bots are useless and are formed through a random name generator. I saw M.Schumacher in an FGT race and thought "this will be interesting." Nope. Not at all. Same boring race as always. At least give these guys a reputation and character. Personally, I would love to have a bashing bot than a dull and boring bot.

I remember there being a very similar thread by the same name before GT5 came out that became very popular. For some reason I can't find it. Hopefully this is OK with mods, if not, just close it.
SNIP

(Races should not give out a large wad of cash untill the very end of the career mode. You shouldn't be able to buy every single car in the game without ever starting an endurance race. You should never be able to repeat a race over and over for money.) Hmmm i dont like this =/ how are we suposed to win money then? or wat if we find other races to hard to win and just want to continue the race we wanna do over and over? you also forgot: buy more than 1 car at once in 1 click ;) a 1 click option to buy like 20 cars at once. also they should make 1 big circled circuit ( the hole circle is a road) so we can practise drifting with logitech g27 ect ..... so making donuts and drifting around and around without landing in gras. and also remove the money limit :) like max 999.999.999Cr

Last edited by a moderator:
Forza has a legacy of bot opponents who show up in every game, the most notorious being M. Rossi, characterized as racing "angry." While I don't want to see bash bots like Forza has, I also don't want to be racing against GT6 opponents which are nothing more than a bunch of random names.

I agree. The races need more life. This would help, even if it's just something simple like that.

Well in that case, that's understandable.

So, I think we covered everything, or mostly everything. Kaz should look at this list... ignoring some odd ones, like (the ability to wash your windows with the fluid squirter — I can never find the proper term for that — while driving)

Back