Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
GT6 has to be able to take cues from its predecessor. Gt5's drift mode was a good example of an addition of another discipline (that's been around since gt started) and we could use more variety. Improve on rally (complex point to point events available through course maker), drift (tsuiso drifting for score, though that would take a while to perfect), maybe even include a drag strip.
Also, more complex penalty systems, (drive through penalty, stop and go penalty, etc.)
IMPORTANT: some kind of rank system in the online component, or at least seasonal events that involve live online events (I.e. head to head tournaments, just off the top of my head.)
At the risk of asking for the moon, maybe we can get some P.D. sanctioned events? Just an afterthought.
Eh, it's a start, and I'm pretty sure you all have a lot of other things to add to an ever expanding list.

NowGamer - Gran Turismo 6 On PS4: What Fans Want To See
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1856589/gran_turismo_6_on_ps4_what_fans_want_to_see.html

It's interesting that they took the time to dig through the forums, and what they made of it all. Polyphony Digital is probably doing the same.

Oh man, they better be. No excuse if they aren't. None. If GT6 doesn't have some of these ideas/features, I'll be passing on it. Just shows they aren't prioritizing the right things, in my opinion.

Edit: Just read it. None of the stuff I'm really hoping for is on there. lol. Either way, I still think the series needs new features.

Last edited:
I would like to see more diesel powered vehicles.
There are now only like 3 diesel powered vehicles and that are Le Mans cars.

Ik also would like a better sound quality cause lets face it: The cars now sound like a vacuum cleaner.
There shouldnt be any standard cars any more and options like engine swap should come possible.

Some great ideas, I like the degree of difficulty for more money idea and let's scrap the xp system all together.

Some things I've been waiting a long time for:

Have the option to turn on recurring costs of fuel, tires, car damage incurred during a race (Forza does this IIRC). For those who want to add a bit of realism and to make the career mode last a little longer as we'll have to run more races before we can buy better cars.

A livery editor where I can import .png images from a usb stick resize, crop, change color, etc. to match my car's theme. A metric ton of car stickers would be great for this too, ones you can unlock (for free) as you win races.

Rolling starts for every race, online or offline (bring back qualifying too). And please, please, please give the pole position the inside lane when you start a race. I'm tired of earning pole position only to have 2nd place take the lead on turn 1 by stealing the inside line :eyeroll:

Get rid of the 'tranny trick', it's unrealistic.

Have permanent online racing rooms (along with user created ones still, for custom created race series' - referenced later) where the first person in the room is still the host, but can change a few options as desired. For example:

500PP race room (more than one, many for each country), host can't change the PP or that it's a shuffle room, but can change tire type, driving aids, still vote on track selection, things of that nature.

Like in GT4, every car you own in your garage is available in arcade mode. Only in GT6, those cars in your garage appear in the online garage as well. This will give us better spec races, and the host can select which cars can/can't be used in that room.

Get rid of SRF! There is no need for this, you are alienating your core fanbase with this.

Unable to kick someone from a room who hasn't incurred many penalties. And similarly, auto boot someone who has incurred lots of penalties and/or has been driving backwards for a set length of distance (1/8 mile?), obvious tom-foolery.

The biggest improvement needed is the penalty system, it needs to be VERY sophisticated. It needs to detect when someone would normally get flagged in a real race for such behavior like:
bump drafting when entering turns.
when a car tries to divebomb into a corner and knocks you off the apex.
when someone intentionally turns into the rear of your car to try and spin you.
boot players who are driving backwards (also in qualifying sessions)
PD needs to look over the GTP OLR Rules and base a penalty system off that basically 👍 but they won't 👎

Integrate a user based race championship into the career mode so we could make our own custom F1 or rally race. Maybe make one required to finish career mode (could be a 1 lap race if we wanted) and let us make one in offline mode and then port it for an online series for others to sign up for.

Of course realistic sounds, GT Legends (from what 2005?) sounds are better than in GT5.

I'd like it if they tweaked the acceleration amount based on the turn radius. It's my opinion that you accelerate too quickly in GT5 when exiting tight turns, they should slow it down a little until you are nearly straight again. And, in turn, adjust the sound more accurately for such drops in speed.

I personally would love to see them tweak the ABS so drivers get penalized when they try to out brake you by stomping on the brakes. You should be rewarded for smooth braking and penalized by over-braking.

I for one, would like to see damage disappear completely. I'm tired of driving in rooms with heavy damage and my race gets hosed because someone else can't control their car. I shouldn't be penalized for someone else's mistakes. Yea yea, it's more realistic, blah blah blah, but if it was more realistic with professional drivers, the amount of collisions should drop significantly. And I've also heard it 'helps promote clean driving', which simply means you don't trust the drivers in your lobby. It needs to go, it will never reach a point where everyone is happy with it and because 90% of the drivers are learning the ropes, it just ruins it for the rest of us.

Some other general items:

Buy Engine, Oil Changes and Aero from Tuning menu when racing online.

I suggest increasing the online race countdown timer to 50, automatically pit every car on the track when the countdown timer reaches 10 to avoid loooong black screen waits

GT6 Leaderboard.

Add what PP cars were at for offline time trials (practice sessions).

Bring back the superior GT4 replay system that shows HP,Weight, tires, parts installed (etc.) and if Skid Force was enabled

Give me far more filters online racing lobby, like let me filter to just 500PP, just sports tires, just race cars, don't show me X track, etc.

Let me share my entire garage for one make races. However I tweak the car, is exactly what everyone else uses. Plus let them tweak their own suspension, aero settings individually

Let me change the view when watching a race online, instead of just the track camera sections, let's face it, all the tracks feel the same even though they are different

Thats all I can think of atm. 👍

Jerome

The menus, reeeeeeeealy need to be more streamlined, in 5 minutes, I should be able to buy 3 or 4 cars and have them washed and have their oil changed, not just one or two if I'm lucky.

I want more diesel powered cars and tracks should be nicer with less barioures.
I would like it if you can choose the car model you want to buy and than, when you select that model, you are able to choose the engine you want. You know, just like the way you choose the paint.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me but I didn't like the drift physics at all in GT5. I find that Grid did it WAAAAYYYY better and lots of fun to compete online but then again it's more of an arcade game and I don't know how should drift IRL.

I rarely touch drift because I've kept thinking about how Grid did it better years ago.

Eff yes!!!! Now that My Chemical Romance does not exist any more, we won't have to worry about terrible intro music and menu music! SCOOOOORE!

Eff yes!!!! Now that My Chemical Romance does not exist any more, we won't have to worry about terrible intro music and menu music! SCOOOOORE!

Whilst I share your sentiments that they are an awful band them breaking up is hardly reason not to include songs in a video game. So just cross your fingers.

Maybe it's just me but I didn't like the drift physics at all in GT5. I find that Grid did it WAAAAYYYY better and lots of fun to compete online but then again it's more of an arcade game and I don't know how should drift IRL.

I rarely touch drift because I've kept thinking about how Grid did it better years ago.

That's because there is no such thing as "drift physics" in GT5, as there shouldn't be. There is only one physics engine in the real world, the same should be said for a game. Games like GRID however do have a different set of physics for drifting, hence why it feels different to the other parts of the game. Whether it's better I couldn't comment, I don't drift, but we absolutely don't need separate drift physics.

Just for the fun, after all the good things listed in the first post (really good) i would like something like GTA :

*a big city like San Francisco or Tokyo, where i can buy a big house with heliport and a big garage with my best cars selection .

*An airport with a jet plain waiting for me to go racing all over the world.

*An Helicopter to fly above any track, specially the Nurburgring Nordscleife.

Off the top of my head, a handful of things:

• Physics/Vehicle Dynamics should be the forefront of attention imo
  • Fix backwards suspension tuning on some cars
  • Allow us to create our own folders to store cars (easier for online access and organization in general)
  • Steering Assist options for controller users

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Steering assist" ON/OFF or Adjustable Slider driving option. Rather than being built-in and unable to turn off.

-------------------Below applies to controller users only.-------------------

Puts a huge damper on the game for me. I understand mostly all racing games have it. I noticed a huge difference after playing GT2 followed by GT5 with a controller. Although assisted, GT2 allows you to turn in more than necessary and scrub the tires in true understeer fashion. Not some restricted rubber-band of grip/forced increased radius understeer of GT5.

The assist forces the wheels back to straight as you try to increase speed around a corner. It will not turn in, regardless of steering input on the left analog stick, until you slow your speed.

To easily see this happening:
  1. Open wheel F1 car
  2. Top Gear Test Track
  3. Come to a stop in the open area
  4. Hold full-lock steering angle
  5. Slowly increase speed at full-lock
  6. Watch assist take place

Steering Assist on Drifting
Ever wonder why you have to "pump" the throttle with a controller to maintain a drift? (It's the advice I've received from GT5 drifters and seems to work in my experience.)

I presume holding WOT during a drift causes the steering assist to force the wheels straight. Causing you to drift toward the inside or the apex rather than the corner exit. Thus, cutting your drifts short. Getting off the throttle, or pumping it while mid-drift seems to cause the angle of the tires to maintain more of the counter-steer angle you want. Thus, you float to the exit of the corner, maintaining longer drifts.

Steering Assist Required?
For those of you who say, it would be "too hard" or "virtually impossible" to drive without the assist on the controller; on what grounds are you basing this?

Have you ever played a racing game without it? If so, what was the game and what was it like?

I will only accept the "fact" of it being too hard or impossible if a controller user by the name of hsh or hekke cannot do it. If he can't, then I will venture to say nobody can and that it truly is impossible. But until then, I would like to see this feature/option.

Even if it is impossible, why not at least have the option to turn the steering assist on/off or at least adjust it? An adjustable slider would be nice. The level of assist seems to vary between each GT game in the series. So why not allow an option to adjust it yourself?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back