Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Ok, I know, I just tink turn signals would be cool for cruising lobbies ;)

Not just, either. Le Mans 24h drivers use them, to signal to faster drivers, which side the faster drivers should overtake on. Being in several multi-class GT5 series (Rolex Sports Car Series, Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge etc.,) I'd like to have that opportunity, to be able to signal to a driver following, that I'd like them to take the left side, instead of waiting in the middle, until they decide, and then swerving to get out of their way.

Not really.

O.K. if you want to be argumentative of the fact that this is a Real Driving Simulator over a Racing Simulator, just because the name states it.

Why is it not used to teach people to drive on real roads, considering all roads are race circuits (rally tracks just incase you want to pull me up on that point) There are no real world situations, no built up towns, school crossings complete with lollypop ladies, back streets complete with speed bumps,

There are no real world driving rules, no speed limits/cameras, no pedestrians potentially stepping out into the road.

No chance of being pulled by the police, never having to move out of the way of the emergency services.

No tractors on long country lanes,

No level crossings.

Never having to give way at T-junctions, Roundabouts or stop at Traffic Lights.

I'm failing to see how this is possibly a Real Driving Simulator and not a Racing Simulator, just because the name says so.

GT5 a racing simulator? Yeah righ, it has no racing rules just as much as it doesn't have rules of the road, it doesn't have proper damage, it has very few championships, no qualifying, nothing. A racing game maybe but it most definitely does not simulate real world racing.

By the way you don't need all of that stuff to simulate driving a car, you simply need a car and somewhere to drive it. Bam, simulating driving a car.

SimonK
GT5 a racing simulator? Yeah righ, it has no racing rules just as much as it doesn't have rules of the road, it doesn't have proper damage, it has very few championships, no qualifying, nothing. A racing game maybe but it most definitely does not simulate real world racing.

By the way you don't need all of that stuff to simulate driving a car, you simply need a car and somewhere to drive it. Bam, simulating driving a car.

Right on the money, the only thing close to real racing simulator is Project Cars with the correct series, progression and practise/qualifying/race. (F1 was close I felt)

Youngun
Right on the money, the only thing close to real racing simulator is Project Cars with the correct series, progression and practise/qualifying/race. (F1 was close I felt)

This. Great post SimonK. But you didn't mention the AI in GT that behaves like traffic.

This. Great post SimonK. But you didn't mention the AI in GT that behaves like traffic.

Dunno, I have experienced real traffic reacting more aggressive when overtaking them, and even defending more convincingly.

A lot of ideas so far. I would like the ability to select the cars mode, as many modern cars have pre set program's ferraris have a few knobs, Lambo have the Corsa button, BMWs have the M button, nobles (if there in) has road/track/race, Astons also have a road/track/race switch, I'm guessing American cars do too.

Youngun
A lot of ideas so far. I would like the ability to select the cars mode, as many modern cars have pre set program's ferraris have a few knobs, Lambo have the Corsa button, BMWs have the M button, nobles (if there in) has road/track/race, Astons also have a road/track/race switch, I'm guessing American cars do too.

Wow, definitely. That way we drive as the manufacturer intended, no more fiddling about under the car if you don't want to. Menu comes up during pause is the interior of the dash board/wheel etc and the driver pushes the buttons accordingly, selected by you via thumbpad/stick etc.

heingericke
Wow, definitely. That way we drive as the manufacturer intended, no more fiddling about under the car if you don't want to. Menu comes up during pause is the interior of the dash board/wheel etc and the driver pushes the buttons accordingly, selected by you via thumbpad/stick etc.

Plus the Lexus and GTR have the best ones. LFA being the huge selector on the dash by the wheel. Turning it though the settings, get to race then the speedo/rpm shifts to the other side changes colour and make the important track dials clearer, I want that.
Top gear fans have seen this.....
http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/brand-new-clip-thrashing-the-lexus-lfa-part-1

All this would make the 'driving' part of the game better

Not sure if it's been mentioned but they need to:
-Completely get rid of the Auto Pilot.
-Have a clearly established pit lane speed limit and enforce it with a stop and go penalty.
-Flag system.
-Option between Rolling and Standing starts, again enforced by a drive trough penalty if jump start.

- Ability to add my own weight in the driver's seat
- Adjustable Blow-off valve/ wastegate to adjust power on forced induction engines

I'd like a wider range of events. I've found that, in the past, it's possible to complete substantial portions of the game with only one car, and that you only swap into another for a select few races and then never use the car again. You could really miss out ona lot of stuff if you didn't go looking for it.

I'd also like to see replayability in events, so I think randomised championships would be the way to go. Once you complete a series the first time with a fixed set of events, you can go back in and choose the option to randomise things, though this would probably depend on the algorithm used to determine which circuits are used and when.

And a more user-friendly interface would go a long way. I think GT2 and GT4 were the closest to getting it right.

I'd like a wider range of events. I've found that, in the past, it's possible to complete substantial portions of the game with only one car, and that you only swap into another for a select few races and then never use the car again. You could really miss out ona lot of stuff if you didn't go looking for it.

I'd also like to see replayability in events, so I think randomised championships would be the way to go. Once you complete a series the first time with a fixed set of events, you can go back in and choose the option to randomise things, though this would probably depend on the algorithm used to determine which circuits are used and when.

And a more user-friendly interface would go a long way. I think GT2 and GT4 were the closest to getting it right.

Completely agree. I think A-spec needs to be anywhere from 3 to 5 times the size that is was.

Ideally, I'd like to see three tiers of A-Spec, each broken down further in a similar way the current A-spec is. Each tier would be simple:

Tier 1: Road cars. Events allow only marginal modifications such as air filters, exhaust, non-racing suspension, no racing tires, only Stage 1 Engine builds and Turbo kits. Stage 1 weight removal etc. This helps keep cars from not only making the racing boring very quickly, but also helps players structure their prizes in more productive ways rather than over-modifying cars early on.

The first level would essentially be limited to Kei-cars, old compacts (EG Civic SiR, S13-S14 Silvia) and new compacts (Peugeot 207 GTi)

Level two would introduce sport compacts (Older Civic Type-Rs, Delta HF Integrale, S15 Silvias) and older performance cars (3000GT, 300ZX, 4th gen Camaro, C4 Corvette)

Level three would introduce newer performance cars and high-level Japanese performance machines (like the NSX, R32-R34 GT-R's, 5th Gen Camaro) as well as older Muscle Cars (Challenger R/T, Mustang Mach 1).

Level Four brings in high-performance GT's, low-end Supercars and high-end Supercars. (Corvette Z06/ZR1, R35 GT-R, Audi R8, Ferrari Enzo, Lamborghini Aventador).

Level Five recycles some events to a degree but puts them in championship format. Might also include 1-3 endurance events or more.

Tier 2 would unlock after completing Level 2 of Tier 1. Tier 2 would include events for tuned cars and concept cars. Tuned cars would allow aero modifications in terms of spoilers. Stage 2 parts are now allowed in events. Short-geared Transmissions and adjustable sports suspension is allowed. Racing Hard tires are allowed.

Level 1-4 would follow a similar structure as above. With an escalating mix of tuned street cars, real life tuned machines as well as concept cars coming in later, most of which being won in the proceeding events. Level 5 would again include a number of events that are similar to before, but in a championship format, followed by a group of short endurance races.

Finally Tier 3 would include any and all race cars. All parts are available to be applied, but each event is strict about their application (some might not allow any at all, forcing you to drive stock or only lightly-tuned DTM's, SGT's etc).

Level 1 would start you off in lower-powered Touring cars like Group N, S2000 and some unique RM's like the Prius and CR-Z.

Level 2 would up the ante, with Group A, Super Touring and GT300 cars coming among others.

Level 3 would bring up faster touring cars and FIA GT3/GT4 cars. DTM, and similar cars would be here.

Finally Level 4 would bring up Indy/F1 style Formula cars (if there are lower powered open-wheel cars included in the game, they would be in the lower levels), Super GT500/JGTC 500 cars, NASCAR, Le Mans GT and Prototype cars and Hill climb racers.

Level 5 would again follow the similar theory of including championship-style races (these would have a few more races, though) and would include the larger endurance races like Daytona 24, Spa 24, Bathurst 1000km/24, Le Mans 24, Nurburgring 5/24 etc. (Preferably though, I really think that B-spec needs to be incorporated into the endurance events to make them a bit more applicable and realistic. If this happens to be the case, I would prefer to see the Endurance races in their own special menu to reflect this, as they wouldn't be purely A-spec Races).

In addition to the above levels, Manufacturers would again see a return of their events. These would include multiple one-make events (R35 GT-R) as well as mixed/mingle events (Silvia/SX challenge). Each event would have different requirements on the maximum/minimum allowed for tuning the cars entered.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but the ability to have timed races online.

Also, the AI to have actual racing ability would be nice, instead of their current drone like ability they have possessed for the majority of the GT series.

Completely agree. I think A-spec needs to be anywhere from 3 to 5 times the size that is was.

Ideally, I'd like to see three tiers of A-Spec, each broken down further in a similar way the current A-spec is. Each tier would be simple:
That's probably a little bit more complex than what I had in mind, and I'm struggling to follow it.

I was thinking more along the lines of adding a wider variety of events and tightening up the entry requirements for all of them so that you have to use a range of cars to complete the game. In order to pull this off, the game would probably need a much greater range of cars - as has been stated elsewhere, is there really a need for twenty-four variations of Nissan Skyline R34? To me, a Skyline is a Skyline. I'm sure there are afficionados out there that can appreciate the nuanced diffeences between models, but I really don't see how having them all improves the game, and I'm sure a lot of people will agree that including them fills up space that could have been better-spent on other cars that would not have otherwise been included.

I'll boil it down.

A-Spec 1: Road Cars

Five levels, 1-4 being events that are run individually (preferably 5 races per event). Level 5 being Championship-style events (need to run consecutively and win overall to get the prize, same as how some events are run now). Types of cars progressively get faster as you advance through levels 1-4. Modifications are limited. No racing tires, Stage 1 on all "Stage" parts only. No transmission modifications. No Aero (unless it already came on the car). Only street-level exhaust and sports intake parts as well as engine chip.

A-Spec 2: Tuned Cars and Concept Cars

Levels 1-3 feature tuned cars. These include road cars with PD bodykits and wheels at first and then progress to full-blown real life tuned cars like the HKS Evo and Amuse Carbon R. Level 4 is for Concept cars while Level 5 is for Championship events and short Endurance races. Tuned cars include mostly Stage 2 parts with racing intake and semi-racing exhausts unlocked. Racing hard tires are permitted. Aero (mostly rear) is permitted. Concept cars retain A-Spec 1 limitations for modifications, however.

A-Spec 3: Race Cars

1-4 feature events of various race cars with each level featuring cars that progressively get faster. Some events feature true-to-life series (Super GT, DTM) racing against their counterparts while other events mix the groups of cars (Super GT vs. DTM vs. GT) to see who's the fastest. Level 5 again features championship events. Upon completing Level 5, you unlock the long Endurance events.

A-Spec: Manufacturers Events

Manufacturer events return in force. Multiple events per single manufacturer with events having multiple races. Can include one-make races (All R35's), one-trim races (All R35 GT-R V-Specs) or medley races (Nissan Silvia/SX challenges). Could also include "cup" races that are one-make events for Racing cars. Smaller brands might only have one or two events, depending on how many cars are in the game and whether or not they're race modifiable.

Last edited:
It is easier to describe what I don't want to see in GT6.
1. The user interface of GT5. It is sluggish, uneven and you have to waste too much time when going back and forth through its options. Apparently, different people not communicating with each other had designed each part of it, or PD has no idea on what a UI is.
2. Another Japanese biased thing. Hell with those miatas, and all other Japanese scrap you have to collect if you want to get all cars in the game.
3. Unfair play! Why the hell do you have to start at the last position having to fight through dumb AI and a couple of hell runners (yeah like those x runners in the pickup "expert" event in GT5).

In general, GT5 was enjoyable at the beginning, but really messed up things in the end. PD has to keep in mind that it will be a game they will be making and it has to be enjoyable in any way.
I will not be from the first to get GT6. If it gets any similar to GT5 in terms of gameplay and features I will never buy it and sell the PS3 for something else.

Even a small livery editor,such as just squares and circles with only four colors to choose, would be a huge step forward. I wouldn't complain.

Eventually we will demand better livery editing...

I don't know if these already in the list.

Be able to rollover in online.

Cars with hubcap can get lose from the wheel

Example:

I still think your whole system of tiers and level tiers is too complex.

It's not "my system" of tiers and levels, though. The only thing I'm doing is making three groups of A-spec that focus on three different types of cars with each different A-Spec group allowing a certain level of tune for the cars.

Everything else is exactly like A-spec is now. You start off with the slow cars, you advance into the faster cars and at the end you have the Series Championship events and Race car events, then Endurance races.

Last edited:
I believe this haven't been mentioned yet, but I think it would be great if the HUD displays specific instrument clusters for the specific cars that you drive in GT6. For example, if you were to be driving a Honda S2000, the HUD will display the F1-like S2000 clusters found in the actual car itself(those who have played Battle Gear 4 will know what I am talking about), for every view, not just the in-car view.

Players can then also swap out the stock clusters for aftermarket ones to suit their preferences. Quite tired of seeing the same old HUD instrument clusters again and again.

Bring back manufacture events and legendary cars from the dealerships on GT4! That coupled with the specific car descriptions that they brought back for gt5 would make GT6 one encyclopaedic game, which I'm guessing they are going for.

Also I would like to see them vein back the old driving missions. They where hard, a challenge, unlike A spec in GT5.

I would also like to see them bring back A spec score like in GT4. Thats better than he XP system is this game

I kinda think PD should change the event system for GT6 back to something more like the classic event system in the old GT games.

The car dealership should be more like GT3, differenct countries to choose from and then different car make options based on country.

Also, PD Should get rid of the UCD section and just put a used car section for each car make that could have one like the in the original GT games. Manufacture events should make a return aswell.

Back