Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Then how could you improve on what you've done if a brick is blocking your line........

The whole idea was not to improve your line, but to improve your passing ability. you shouldn't be touching the 'brick'

Edit: I suppose there has already been a better solution suggested... Improve AI drivers :crazy:

Soren535
The whole idea was not to improve your line, but to improve your passing ability. you shouldn't be touching the 'brick'

Edit: I suppose there has already been a better solution suggested... Improve AI drivers :crazy:

I would say for that, single model race, hard AI, selectable opponents ie. 2-15 (like remote races) and that could be used for passing practise.

I hate that you can have assists on every car. A Mercedes 300sl shouldn't have abs and tcs and other assists. On modern cars it's OK but for cars which don't have assists it should be an upgrade in the tuning shop like in GT2.

While I do like your suggestion, I have to agree with Slip. I normally race with a G27 and I consider myself to be handy enough with any car on any tires... at least handy enough to be better than about 95% of people online. I normally enjoy shuffle racing and grip racing but I will use Skid Recovery Force when it's available as I'm very competitive and will use any advantage I can take if it means I'm competing for the win.

However I recently had two races in two different lobbies with the same car. My experience with the first lobby was fresh in my mind when I made the choice to use one of the Aids that I normally do not use in the second lobby.

The first lobby had dis-allowed every aid minus ABS. The track was Indianapolis Road, and the car was the Lancia Stratos. I found that with enough effort and careful application of throttle, I could drive the car effectively... but any of even the slightest of bumps or general disruption of chassis balance/weight transfer would cause the car to go sliding around like it was on ice. I got a good start and had the lead, but all it took was one guy dive bombing me on the inside to pass me that got me spinning. I was frustrated and decided not to continue for the sake of my tranquility.

The next time I drove the Stratos was in an entirely different lobby almost a week later. This room allowed just about everything minus the driving line and Traction Control. The track was Clubman Stage Route 5. After a few practice laps with the Lancia with SRF on I made the choice that I'd rather contend for the win (since I'd already won two races and wanted to see how long I could keep the streak going) so I enabled ASM as well, since SRF didn't seem to be enough to really tame the Stratos. I did end up winning as the Lancia was a strong enough car to overcome racing with ASM on, but I felt bad for doing it.

The moral is that this is a game that many people play to enjoy, not to simulate or challenge themselves all the time. I wanted to race and enjoy the race and not be hampered by a very unwieldy car. So I used something that really wasn't a feature on the car and ended up winning as a result of it.

I hate that you can have assists on every car. A Mercedes 300sl shouldn't have abs and tcs and other assists. On modern cars it's OK but for cars which don't have assists it should be an upgrade in the tuning shop like in GT2.

The 300Sl was the first ever car to have ABS

GAMEPLAY - Event-Creator:
Ability do design an event with several races/tracks to be mastered.
The winner would be alternatively determined either by a point system like in the current A-spec champignonship events or ralley-style by the overall time from all races.

This would open the possibility to design a whole evening of fun for a fixed set of participants.

All that says, is that airplanes needed it, and that a racecar in the 1960s used it; 6 years after it was first used on the 300SL. It wasn't used on cars. Read closely. 👍 👍 👍

I also checked the references. Approximately 50% of the references were from Cadillac sources; we all know that the Americans didn't care WHAT the Germans were doing in 1954; they only cared about the Soviets. :lol: Imaginably, Cadillac made the entirely false claim of "Look! We were the first with ABS!" in 1970, which is false, but, only because they didn't know better. Cadillac's always lived in the past.

The Dailmer Motor Wagon was the fastest car of its time, was that a supercar?

that was before the concept of even a sports or enthusiast car, let alone a "super" car.

edit: also the 300sl is known for cornering and braking like no other at the time. It wasn't just top speed.

the daimler :sly:
This car was the fastest car when it came out:
1885%20BenzMotorWagon.jpg

Is that car a supercar?

Yes. That's the history of every car ever made; that's the Bugatti Veyron of history. In fact, that car survived two World Wars, and even the Boer War. :lol: Think about how old; and therefore AWESOME, it is.

Stop arguing. Start laughing at the Cadillac fanboy who decided to troll the Wikipedia article with false and misleading information.

Stop arguing about whether or not the world's first supercar (in the true sense of the word) was the 300SL. There's a reason that Mercedes is STILL living up the praise it got back then, with the SLS AMG. If you deny that the 300SL was a supercar, you're denying every car that came after it. Mercedes is always a step ahead, when it comes to cars.

Latvia, Germany, Canada... it doesn't matter where you're from; we can all agree, that the Motor Wagen was the greatest thing to happen, EVER. Better than the fall of the Third Reich, etc., it was the birth of CARS! And cars are awesome! Cars are superb! Super!

Latvia, Germany, Canada... it doesn't matter where you're from; we can all agree, that the Motor Wagen was the greatest thing to happen, EVER. Better than the fall of the Third Reich, etc., it was the birth of CARS! And cars are awesome! Cars are superb! Super!

👍 to this!

:) Now, back on topic. What would you like to see in GT6, besides cars and tracks?

I know what I want; Autocross! Like, a flat parking lot area, with no obstacles, and pylons that we can move, without having to run them over.

It suits everyone; drifters can drift, autocrossers can practice, and racing drivers can measure braking distances. Drag racers can even do the reverse, and measure acceleration.

Back