Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I'd say the ability to make wagers on the race would be nice before the seasonals come out and we are instant millionares for running a 301PP car on a 550+ just for keeping up an appearance.

I don't know if someone posted this earlier, but I'll say it just in case.

I would like the ability to blow tires, and possibly a more realistic reflection in the mirrors. You don't have to agree, but I actually use my mirrors while in cockpit view, and find them somewhat useful. :sly:

I'd like to see A-spec points put to good use, and actually mean something in the game. And I think I've found a way to do it: through the licences.

One of my favourite things to do in GT2 and GT4 was to buy a car and do as many of the free-entry races as possible. Then I would get the B-class licence, and so as many B-class events as I could. Only then would I move onto the A-class licence, and so on.

I'd like to see a system in GT6 where you need to have a minimum number of A-spec points to unlock the next set of events. The B-class licence would be available from the start of the game, and all the A-spec points you acquired would go towards unlocking the A-class licence. Once you unlocked the A-class licence, B-class events would stop paying points, so you would have to compete in A-class events to earn more points and unlock the next licence in the sequence. Rinse, lather and repeat.

Of course, the points required for the next licence would have to be set at a reasonable level. You wouldn't have to win everything with 200-point races just to get the next licence, but you would have to compete in a fair number of 60-point (the number assigned to evenly-matched races) events to unlock the next licence. This would make the game accessible to new players, whilst allowing experienced players the challenge of rapidly progressing through the game. It would also clamp down on GT4's easy-progression problem, where all you had to do was earn the A-class licence and spam the entry-level events at Costa di Amalfi to earn a rally raid car that could be sold for about 160,000 credits.

I'd also like to see a return to the structure of the GT World Championship in GT2. You had to win all the national events before moving onto the regional rounds, which you had to win in order to unlock the World Championship. However, I'd also put a bit of a twist on it: once you won a set of national events, a regional event would open up. That event would be decided by the nation that you won a round in. So if I raced in the German leagues with a Volkswagen, I would only be able to compete in the European regional events. Likewise, if I won the Japanese series in a Honda, only the Asia-Pacific regional event would be unlocked. Furthermore, the regional event I competed in would dictate the kind of car I could use in the World Championship - so if I won the European events, I could only use a European car. The other regional and national events would only unlock once I won the World Championship, at which point I could begin the process again. In order to get 100% completion, I would have to win the World Championship in a car from every region.

I'd also look at creating a new event, a kind of "Ultimate Series". It would involve standard racing events, rallying, stock cars, open-wheelers, karts and so on and so forth with one or two rounds of the series breing drawn on from each motorsport discipline. In order to enter, you would have to have one car from each discipline in your garage, and have won events in each discipline.

Shout out to Earth for keeping the OP up to date in this thread (No small task!) :cheers: :)

Made it real easy to see if the no.1 feature I want added for GT6 had already been mentioned... and it had, but I'll say it again.

The ability to; "Access garage from the track you're at - really a pain to go all the way to the main menu to switch cars for practice or a race."

This would make the game so much more playable for me.

I'd love a tuning options/garage/driving aids button for when you first exit driving in an online lobby, and a singular delete button for the leaderboards.

I would like prope aerodynamics. Like if you got spun around at, let's say 180mph, you would have a blowover just like in oval racing.

Dont know if this was already mentioned, but we need to be able to open doors in Photomode again!

I really dont understand why they canceled it in Gt5. Why did they even design such an detailed interior if we cant really see it?
Of course we found a way in (glitch), but thats not how it should e made.

PD, bring back the ability to open doors/hoods in Photomode!!!

edit: Ok, it is mentioned before! :D But non then less, this needs to be added too.

And also, we should mark the more important things on page one. The ones that may could be included or are really really important. Like better sound or such. Things like Formula1 wont integrated anyways, so those shouldnt be on the same level IMO.

If a more detailed RM system should go in this thread then:
  • Car should be able to be modified into different classes of cars. E.g An Evo could be made into a rally car, a time trial car, a race car (GT500, LM, BTTC, WTTC)ect.
  • You should be able to choose different types of engines for each RM. E.g For say the rally cars you should be able to change the engines to fit into different classes, WRC, Pikes Peak, Group B? Unlimited class.
  • The drivetrain should also be able to be changed. E.g 4WD for the rally cars, RWD for the time trail cars, and whatever drivetrains are allowed in the category the car is.

I don't know if someone agrees with me, in Gran Turismo 3 it was done very good. There were three leagues and a player could race high class competitions with a little easier opponents or if had better skills then could race expert league. So, what I dreamed it was looking like this:

Simulation mode

Amateur - Races for 2 or 3 laps with low power cars, like up to 350 - 400 bhp regarding the weight of a car (Including race modified cars). As for rewards there would only be credits.
Professional - Races for 5 to 7 laps with high power cars. As for rewards there would be cars like other opponents have and also credits.
Expert - Races for 15 to 25 laps with high power cars. Tires' change mandatory during race also most of races would require better suspension or drivetrain to beat the rivals. As for rewards there would were rare sport or racing cars, little better then those from competition and also credits.
Legendary - This league would be unlocked when player would reach a certain game completion precentage. Races for 30 - 90 laps, including endurance, time determined races, that would require not also good upgraded car, but also appropriate car setting, good qualification position and most of all - player's concentration on the track. As for rewards there would be cars that are collection or are signed by some known racing person (e.g. Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V Tommy Makinen Edition) or even dream cars (like Red Bull X1).

-All races from simulation mode include tire wear and fuel consumption.
-All races from simulation mode also include QUALIFY SESSION that GT5 did not have.
-Races from professional league also include mixed class competition like Super GT and GT300 at the same time, or LMP and GT1 cars.
-Higher leagues also include various Nascar, WRC or F1 championships.

Arcade Mode

Arcade mode would consist of time attack, free run and races.
All tracks would be splitted to different stages, if a stage is beaten then player unlocks another tracks in Arcade Mode.
In Arcade Mode player would also define her/his own race and would set up: how much laps, changeable weather, qualify section, car setup.

All modes consist also of Seasonal Online Events and Lobby like in GT5.

How do you like that?

And also I would like to have in-race save game possibillity (It's obvious that there aren't many people having time to sit through 24 hours race of Le Mans).

Last edited:
parksideu14
if a more detailed rm system should go in this thread then:
Car should be able to be modified into different classes of cars. E.g an evo could be made into a rally car, a time trial car, a race car (gt500, lm, bttc, wttc)ect.

You should be able to choose different types of engines for each rm. E.g for say the rally cars you should be able to change the engines to fit into different classes, wrc, pikes peak, group b? Unlimited class.

The drivetrain should also be able to be changed. E.g 4wd for the rally cars, rwd for the time trail cars, and whatever drivetrains are allowed in the category the car is.

+1000000

I'd like the idea of finding a racing career and going after that one career. Ex: I like WRC, so I'd like to make that my main career instead of F1 or NASCAR, so I can get the full experience and not a taste of it. Getting better brakes or suspensions. Better transmissions that shift quicker than stock. What would be funny is putting engines in cars that would wouldn't expect for that car. Ex: Putting an electric engine on a 458 XD or putting a V12 in a Focus. Basically a bit more innovation for tuning.

Actually see the engine being overhauled(same with chassis). Rust, body kits. Engine swaps. Also, have a delay system when repairing cars ie. 5 in-game days to repair. When you're racing and you hit the sand, your engine should take internal damadge especially when you have a racing filter installed.
Bikes, damadge/ crash physics.

That's all I could think of right now

Edit

Just like you have your own b spec drivers, how bout training of pit crews?

Last edited:
Inixi
And also I would like to have in-race save game possibillity (It's obvious that there aren't many people having time to sit through 24 hours race of Le Mans).

Um mate... you can save an Endurance race by choosing suspend race when you enter the pits. When you load GT5 again, it will ask you if you want to reload the race. If you say no, you can continue it later by selecting the race. Now I feel bad that no one told you this before. All those hours sitting in front of the TV doing the 24 Hr. Nurb.

Um mate... you can save an Endurance race by choosing suspend race when you enter the pits. When you load GT5 again, it will ask you if you want to reload the race. If you say no, you can continue it later by selecting the race. Now I feel bad that no one told you this before. All those hours sitting in front of the TV doing the 24 Hr. Nurb.

That isn't true, is it?

I hate that you can have assists on every car. A Mercedes 300sl shouldn't have abs and tcs and other assists. On modern cars it's OK but for cars which don't have assists it should be an upgrade in the tuning shop like in GT2.

I hate that you can have assists on every car. A Mercedes 300sl shouldn't have abs and tcs and other assists. On modern cars it's OK but for cars which don't have assists it should be an upgrade in the tuning shop like in GT2.

While I agree, it's not hard to see PD's logic behind it; making the game more accessible to the casual gamers. My girlfriend won't touch a car without at least TCS on, usually ASM too. I'm weening her off the stuff, but it's hard to go cold turkey, apparently.

I would like to see a universal option setting for this though. I can't count the amount of times I've taken a car for a race and forgot to turn off the damned aids.

I'd like it if the arcade and online modes had a few more 'just for fun' game play options.
  • Competitions to see who can jump furthest in the same car using the same run up from the same ramp
  • Competiton to see who can stop, pick up the most hitchhiking Kaz's and get them to where they want to be on the track
  • Competition to see who can park cars in the shape that looks most like Kaz's face

You know. That sort of thing.

While I agree, it's not hard to see PD's logic behind it; making the game more accessible to the casual gamers. My girlfriend won't touch a car without at least TCS on, usually ASM too. I'm weening her off the stuff, but it's hard to go cold turkey, apparently.

I would like to see a universal option setting for this though. I can't count the amount of times I've taken a car for a race and forgot to turn off the damned aids.

Me dueces bro. Many a race i have forgotten to double check for TCS on. Another oddity seems to be tires switching from Race model tires to Sports model on my Street Cars, generally a car I havent used online for a day or 2.

During practice modes I would love to see an option to make your ghost car solid.

Lately, when I prepare for an online league event I go to the practice room and get used to clean passing, braking zones and alternate lines around more predictable cars instead of random lobby racers. However the A-spec AI drivers are a bit of a joke, so who better to give me a close race than myself?

There are already options to load ghost replays so you have control over how fast of a lap car you want to chase. The only issue I can potentially see is when passing your 'ghost' if solid, it would not know to concede a corner and adjust its line. Only solution to that I can think of at the moment is to flicker the car back to ghost if it is possible for the game to register you have lead position going into the corner, then goes back to solid if you are tailing. That could also prevent ghost punting if you are ahead in a breaking zone.

During practice modes I would love to see an option to make your ghost car solid.

The problem with that is the ghost is a replay that is playing as you drive. Everything the ghost did is something you did. When you record the ghost lap, there isn't another you on the course, so if the ghost was solid and you touched it, the game wouldn't really know what to do because you weren't touched by yourself when you were driving the first time.

The problem with that is the ghost is a replay that is playing as you drive. Everything the ghost did is something you did. When you record the ghost lap, there isn't another you on the course, so if the ghost was solid and you touched it, the game wouldn't really know what to do because you weren't touched by yourself when you were driving the first time.

Could they make it act like a moving brick wall? The 'ghost' won't budge if you hit it, but you can be left in a world of hurt? :dopey:

Soren535
Could they make it act like a moving brick wall? The 'ghost' won't budge if you hit it, but you can be left in a world of hurt? :dopey:

Then how could you improve on what you've done if a brick is blocking your line........

Back