Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Seems there was a misunderstanding somewhere, I was always talking about real world principles hence the picture of a touring car and me talking about real race cars. Sorry for any confusion, in GT5 of course adding a wing is very different because it doesn't calculate drag and aero properly.

Well I have tested this and it simulates it very well. Oh and what proof do you have of GT5 miscalculating Aerodynamics & Downforce?

Also if you are in here to talk about real life, this is the wrong thread :lol:

Tested what? As for proof of GT5 not simulating drag and aero properly, run a car with full downforce and test the top speed, then run it with minimum downforce. The results are basically the same give or take a few mph. Someone else did the same:

I did a test a while back on aerodynamic drag in GT5. I took a bunch of Le Mans cars out to the long straight on the final sector at Nordschleife and recorded top speeds at different aerodynamic settings. If I remember right there was only a 3 MPH difference between the lowest possible aero settings and the highest possible settings, and this is using Le Mans aero kits.

SimonK
Tested what? As for proof of GT5 not simulating drag and aero properly, run a car with full downforce and test the top speed, then run it with minimum downforce. The results are basically the same give or take a few mph. Someone else did the same:

Please stop. You're not very good at using this thread for what it was made for. If you want to talk about aerodynamics, or argue, or whatever it is, please, take your irrelevant comments elsewhere.

Please stop. You're not very good at using this thread for what it was made for. If you want to talk about aerodynamics, or argue, or whatever it is, please, take your irrelevant comments elsewhere.

He asked, I gave him a response. Also have you been following this thread? Yes it's for suggestions but it's gone off on many tangents throughout, people discussing the suggestions.

You were the one who started off saying that you don't need spoilers for FF cars. To which almost everyone responded that that is not true at all. So, unless you want the GT series to continue with improper aerodynamic physics, then by all means go ahead and not want spoilers for FF cars.

Some cool things I don't think have been mentioned:

- Vibrating/moving engine (when visible) on load, realistically
- Vibrating exhaust pipes
- Exhaust fumes on highly tuned cars
- Gyroscopic effects of the engine on cars (of course, depending on architecture and mounting position)

SHIRAKAWA Akira
Some cool things I don't think have been mentioned:

- Vibrating/moving engine (when visible) on load, realistically
- Vibrating exhaust pipes
- Exhaust fumes on highly tuned cars
- Gyroscopic effects of the engine on cars (of course, depending on architecture and mounting position)

Have a little that little roar when you down shift and overboost to work (GTR spec v, 1M ... Etc)

I started by replying to Alex, saying I didn't like aluminum wings on cars. Sure, I got caught up in a few off-topic discussions, but it seems that Simon is a majority of the people who has been doing this. If he isnt, I apologize. But I've tried getting back on track with the preferred topics of discussion many times. Also, I never said I disliked FF cars with wings, or that I wanted them not in the game. All I said was that I disliked aluminum wings, like the ones in the game, and that I wanted them gone. So make sure you know what you're talking about before trying to attack me.

Last edited:
Or he can go ahead and leave this thread.

You're not a moderator and can't tell me what do to.

I started by replying to Alex, saying I didn't like aluminum wings on cars. Sure, I got caught up in a few off-topic discussions, but it seems that Simon is a majority of the people who has been doing this. If he isnt, I apologize. But I've tried getting back on track with the preferred topics of discussion many times. Also, I never said I disliked FF cars with wings, or that I wanted them not in the game. All I said was that I disliked aluminum wings, like the ones in the game, and that I wanted them gone. So make sure you know what you're talking about before trying to attack me.

This:

And they are definitely not adding downforce to your Civic, seeing how it is front wheel drive.

Is what started the whole discussion.

I'm aware of what began the discussion. But Penguin was saying that I wanted all wings/aerokits eliminated from the game, and that I didn't like FF cars with them. All I said was that I didn't like the look of the aluminum wings. I apologize if I said something I didn't mean to say.

You're not a moderator and can't tell me what do to.
I am and I can.

This thread is borderline unnecessary in the first place so arguing about who's right and who's wrong regarding GT5's physics in a what do you want in GT6 thread will get it shut down right quick. :rolleyes:

Move along.

TB
I am and I can.

This thread is borderline unnecessary in the first place so arguing about who's right and who's wrong regarding GT5's physics in a what do you want in GT6 thread will get it shut down right quick. :rolleyes:

Move along.

Thank you.

So guys! Lets open our minds and expand our imaginations!

Lets keep this thread how it used to be :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see flames shooting from cars in more realistic way.

Like on this one (skip to 0:40):

or here (skip to 0:23):

Also, how about engine sounds echoing when we're in some kind of a city's centre? Was that suggested already?

The ability to change cars without going all the way back to the main menu and then my garage, a quick garage icon for each track...

Last edited:
I would like to see upgrading brakes feature. Let's say you wanted better brakes. So you would go and by racing brakes! I mean, this could be an important feature!

I would like to see upgrading brakes feature. Let's say you wanted better brakes. So you would go and by racing brakes! I mean, this could be an important feature!

A small addition to that one - VISIBLY changed brakes. You know what I mean, bigger discs and stooff.

Yes, I know it's spelt 'stuff'.

Madertus
A small addition to that one - VISIBLY changed brakes. You know what I mean, bigger discs and stooff.

Yes, I know it's spelt 'stuff'.

Slotted brake rotors, color changeable calipers. :)

I only noticed horn sounds echoing, to be honest ;p
That's because contrarily than it might seem, the echoing is realistic (although it could be better). Its feedback increases with loud noises, and horns are loud. You will notice it more if you set the sound setting to "large theater", if you use loud exhaust and if you watch your car at a distance (for example in a replay). Use Special Stage Route 5 as a test track.

I would like it if i could hear my car over other peoples cars. When I'm cruising on Sarthe in a loud car, and say, a Skyline flies by, all I can hear is the Skyline. The other cars sound drowns out mine.

Either you're using wrong sound settings with missing channels or you're using a stock exhaust and other cars tuned exhausts (sports, semi-race, racing), which are increasingly louder. This reflects what happens in real life.

Back