Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
MadmuppGT
Oh and big saloons, S Class AMG, 7 series, even the Roll Royces would be a nice touch and I would love the chance to throw one around the Nurb!

This plus 10 or 11, million. (Even if it is the wrong thread)

SHIRAKAWA Akira
Either you're using wrong sound settings with missing channels or you're using a stock exhaust and other cars tuned exhausts (sports, semi-race, racing), which are increasingly louder. This reflects what happens in real life.

That explains a lot, most of my cars are stock.

@zyla Apparently, they fixed it in 2.06. But for me it only got worse as well. I'm using earphones (or whatever it's called ;p ).

@SHIRAKAWA I totally forgot about replays! Agreed, it does sound realistic.

To be more precise, I'd like to hear cars echoing when e.g. you stop at the side of the road or at traffic lights (yes, there ARE people who do this in games) and rev the engine.

I know that there was alot of detail that went into the interiors, but it would be nice if some of the gauges, and digital displays actually worked, so I could tell how much fuel I have, and it would be nice to have a crew chief tell you that your tires are worn and need to be changed, I really don't like doing endurance races with the HUD on, its just waaaay too cluttered.

Last edited:
This plus 10 or 11, million. (Even if it is the wrong thread)

Yeah sorry about that, got carried away and posted in the wrong thread, changed it for what I wanted to write here now...

But as for my original comment it still stands... Skoda deserves a place I say

Watt2159
I know that there was alot of detail that went into the interiors, but it would be nice if some of the gauges, and digital displays actually worked, so I could tell how much fuel I have, and it would be nice to have a crew chief tell you that your tires are worn and need to be changed, I really don't like doing endurance races with the HUD on, its just waaaay too cluttered.

I want a working clock on a cars and have the little fuel light and oil change message pop up.

Some people may find this feature pointless, but I don't care. Anyways, I would like it if the parking brake remained engaged even when you accelerate. Also, I think it'd be cool if you could hear the ratchet click when you set the parking brake. :)

zylacorps
Some people may find this feature pointless, but I don't care. Anyways, I would like it if the parking brake remained engaged even when you accelerate. Also, I think it'd be cool if you could hear the ratchet click when you set the parking brake. :)

That would keep noobs at bay

a general idea on how to tune your car based on the track description
IE in f1 2011, Monaco is a street circuit that requires max df...some players (like me) might not know what to do and need a general direction on how to tune the car

Start of a race have the handbrake on.

:lol: I'd love to see that, all the gold chromed aeropart-raped fully tuned race exhausted supercars being stuck at the start.

But it's true, it'd a) be cool to have the handbrake keeping locked (don't have to hold down the button all time during reving then) and b) overall I feel like GT5 lacks sounds, there should be different sounds when shifting, using the handbrake, activating a turn signal (yeah... GT6 should have that too), stuff like that. It's not like all you hear in a car is the engine noise.

I'd like two simple things, which PD could even implement in GT5. It'd be nice if you could create a pop up message for people who join your lobby. That way rules could be explained further than the title allows. Would be especially useful in cruise/law rooms with a bunch of rules.
The second thing I want for GT6 is better support of cruise lobbies. There should be a cruise mode for lobbies which features things like a speedlimit which is shown on your HUD (and which notifies you when speeding extremely), two way driving support (ability to turn off the wrong way sign which is even flashing when HUD is turned off completely), more opened city roads/bigger/new city maps (depends on how much resources PD are ready to use for this), etc. Basically anything that is suboptimal about cruising in GT5. But I know PD can't do everything to please us. :P

Madertus
^It's not IMO as well. People should be able to drive their cars as they want, not as superRACORxhack tells them to.

Exactly. If the host doesn't want to use aids, then they can just turn off their own.

^Looking for a proper room just because of that is annoying. Ages may pass before you find a room with aids allowed.

I'm not saying that I can't comply to regulations, I'm saying it's pointless to have everyone drive their cars the way they are told to. Not everyone is as much of a 'professional' as the host potentially is.

Yet another pointless argument. I should add that I'm faster with 0 TCS, 0 ABS etc. Almost no one seems to use TCS etc. Why bother arguing about it?

^It's not IMO as well. People should be able to drive their cars as they want, not as superRACORxhack tells them to.

Exactly. If the host doesn't want to use aids, then they can just turn off their own.

You can search for a room which allows aids or set up your own, it isn't necessarily 'elitism' but simply a level playing field, if tyre wear is on for example, you have an advantage if you use traction control when using high-powered cars as there's less wheelspin and thus less wear.
Also things like SRF completely changes the physics so you're basically playing 2 different games simultaneously.
The relatively small annoyance of finding a room which allows them doesn't outweigh the incredible annoyance of these options not being available.

Another thing is that learning to drive without aids is very rewarding, the only thing I use is ABS at 1 for all cars and believe me I'm not the fastest or most skilled player out there, but it isn't exactly that hard either.
It's basically not skill that's needed but judgement, intelligence and a basic understanding of car control, combine those and you'll soon find yourself looking for rooms which don't allow aids.

Last edited:
I'm agree with the host being able to ban fake aids because they just make the car faster (well, actually easier to drive). But I don't see the point in banning ABS, ASM and TCS.

I don't want to jump from room to room just so I can find a host that hasn't permitted driving aids.

Oh hi there, fellow Canadian. Thanks for having a logical opinion that many people can approve of.

Yet another pointless argument. (...) Almost no one seems to use TCS etc. (...)

Something's missing here. :irked:

Also, you'd be surprised how many people have to re-enter the track because host decides to change the aids available.

I don't want to jump from room to room just so I can find a host that hasn't permitted driving aids.

My thoughts exactly.

I'd like two simple things, which PD could even implement in GT5. It'd be nice if you could create a pop up message for people who join your lobby. That way rules could be explained further than the title allows. Would be especially useful in cruise/law rooms with a bunch of rules.
The second thing I want for GT6 is better support of cruise lobbies. There should be a cruise mode for lobbies which features things like a speedlimit which is shown on your HUD (and which notifies you when speeding extremely), two way driving support (ability to turn off the wrong way sign which is even flashing when HUD is turned off completely), more opened city roads/bigger/new city maps (depends on how much resources PD are ready to use for this), etc. Basically anything that is suboptimal about cruising in GT5. But I know PD can't do everything to please us. :P

:cheers:, period.

The environment should be more interactive. If there are pine trees or oak trees on the side of the track, there should be pine needles/leaves accumulating on the track underneath them. When cars go by, the debris would get tossed around. If it is raining, those leaves would stick on the track and cause a slick spot. Also, if it is raining and you're directly behind another car and he goes off the track (two wheels or one) it will spit up mud/wet grass and stick on your windshield. If this happens a lot you're gonna have a bad time until you get to the pits to have it wiped off.

The crowds need lots of work (mainly talking about endurance here, but it could work for all). They should be more dynamic. Start/Finish should have the highest concentration of fans, if it's raining they should thin out and be using umbrellas. You should see random people walking around, kids on bikes, dads lifting kids on their shoulders, people that react to crashes and good passes.....

Back