Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Hi all,

What I would most like to see in GT6 is something like iRacing does, keeping all the free race creating existing at the moment in GT5.

I would like to see a league system where clean driving would be enforced be a ranking, and with divisions where to go to some class you would have to pass for others gaining experience racing online points - for example to race in formula one you would have to go by karts and other weaker formula before.

That way I could have a clean race at any time, single event or championship. That kind of system is also implemented in PS3 for Pro Evolution Soccer or for PC for iRacing and Formula one online (the last one not very good but it works ok... not clean but I mean the championships structure is quite good)

thanks

5. Fuel reduction is pathetic, it's either a bug or a setting, but I've played a Tesla Roadster, and the "fuel" (electric car) there was going down, probably like it should, but playing other cars on long tracks or many laps, fuel doesn't go down a bit on any other car.
Your not the first one to say that but maybe your referring to some of the non-endurance A-Spec races or seasonals, where, fuel reduction/tire wear is clearly turned off! In training mode however, after changing fuel reduction/tire wear to 'on' I have yet to see a car with the "fuel NOT going down". Can't speak of Tesla or any other E-Car tho since I barely use them.

...I would like to see a league system where clean driving would be enforced be a ranking,..
Hi brugab, that's an awesome idea... forget the penalty system as we have it. Ranking and eventually credit clean drivers with Cr. or gifts. I like the idea. :)

Last edited:
Your not the first one to say that but maybe your referring to some of the non-endurance A-Spec races or seasonals, where, fuel reduction/tire wear is clearly turned off! In training mode however, after changing fuel reduction/tire wear to 'on' I have yet to see a car with the "fuel NOT going down". Can't speak of Tesla or any other E-Car tho since I barely use them.

Hi brugab, that's an awesome idea... forget the penalty system as we have it. Ranking and eventually credit clean drivers with Cr. or gifts. I like the idea. :)

Well, spread the word, maybe someone in polyphony listens....👍 because this amazing simulator with these loads of cars and tracks is almost useless like it is now...:ouch:

Songs or radio to only play in car with speakers inside them. In other words: race cars: no music.
Nooo I need music when I do 24h races. I'm sure some race car drivers got Ipods, too

Different fuel consumption for each of the cars
They consumpt differently, I'm a boring enough person to test things like that, and since we got Route X i know a Civic needs less fuel than a Veyron at same average speed.

CARS - Customization Parts
Larger selection of Rims (available to all cars)
Larger selection of Spoilers/Wings. All wings in the game should be available for any car (except race cars)
Licensed Seat Belts and Harnesses (TRS, Cobra, Driftworks etc)
OEM/Aftermarket Body Kits (not just splitters and spoilers)
OEM/Aftermarket Bumpers
OEM/Aftermarket Exhaust Tips
OEM/Aftermarket Grills
OEM/Aftermarket Headlights / Taillights (yellow, blue, LED etc)
OEM/Aftermarket Instruments / Gauges (Bar, Oil, Temp. ex)
OEM/Aftermarket Pedals / Foot-rest
OEM/Aftermarket Rims in diffrent sizes - not just one size like GT5.
OEM/Aftermarket Seats (Sparco, Momo, RaceTech)
OEM/Aftermarket Steering Wheels
Steering Wheel covers

CARS - Customization
Ability to carbon fiber more panels (trunk, roof, doors) or the entire car
Ability to change center-cabs (Audi cabs on some VW-Wheels ex)
Ability to change interior color
Ability to convert the transmission from H-Gauge to a sequential or paddle shift
Ability to mount extra full beam lights on the car, and place them where you want, or at least have a few reasonable options. Like grill, roof or down below the licence plate.
Ability to position mufflers (straight, right or left, upwards)
Ability to rename your car model to reflect your modification. (For example: Nissian Skyline GTR34, after your specific tunning on the stock car, you can rename the car to JG R34...etc)

I can see where this will lead to... Fast and Furious 1 to 20, 5000bhp Integras with glowing blue lights from inside and under the cars, slammed down, or muscle cars with 26inch chrome rims... lol... to each their own, well, makes me want to leave a car as stock even more. So I guess it would be ok, as long as I can swim against the stream.

Why? Wait you talking about the puase menu? That takes a split second to hit while on the wheel. I think that might cause problems...

You've misunderstood what I'm saying. I'm not making a suggestion, I'm merely saying that that paragraph appears in the OP list twice. That is, under the first post's "things you want to see in GT6" the same paragraph is unnecessarily duplicated.

Edit: On the first page of this thread, this appears under the following heading:

"GAMEPLAY GT-Life Features"

"Allow me to customize a different button other than the 'start' button to re-start races. On steering wheels, it can be difficult to hit the start button in a timely manner... it would be much better to hit circle or square etc. And I would like it to be a shortcut to 're-start' races if possible, with just a confirmation prompt.. 90% of the time when I hit START I just want to re-start the race. How about a shortcut fellas?
Allow me to customize a different button other than the 'start' button to re-start races. On steering wheels, it can be difficult to hit the start button in a timely manner... it would be much better to hit circle or square etc. And I would like it to be a shortcut to 're-start' races if possible, with just a confirmation prompt.. 90% of the time when I hit START I just want to re-start the race. How about a shortcut fellas?"

Last edited:
ThorAsgard
Why don't you like my number 1 idea?

It's number 1 for a reason, maybe some clarification would help:

The idea involves setting up a game, so say I want to set up a game that is a race on the ring and I setup all of the settings for the match, then include 100,000 credits to the winner, well I guess if you win you win back your money but perhaps let people put some of their credits on the line and then you get more credits if you win still...

Well if not for credits then they must design a system like a podium or medals or whatever, make the game more competitive, other than the reason that you want to win I think you should get something else as well.

Yeah, some kind of 'bet' would be awesome

Why don't you like my number 1 idea? :D

It's number 1 for a reason, maybe some clarification would help:

The idea involves setting up a game, so say I want to set up a game that is a race on the ring and I setup all of the settings for the match, then include 100,000 credits to the winner, well I guess if you win you win back your money but perhaps let people put some of their credits on the line and then you get more credits if you win still...

Well if not for credits then they must design a system like a podium or medals or whatever, make the game more competitive, other than the reason that you want to win I think you should get something else as well.

I understand what you are saying. It may work, I personally would want it optional. Also, i'm not sure but that may be classed as gambling, which will push the rating up.

GT Life Racing:

This would require a well-done career mode, but if you take your car in for a major tune-up, or for major repairs, you don't have access to that car for a few game calendar days. It forces some strategy. You might miss that big race coming up in a few days AND you have to make sure not to crash all the time.

Definitely not for those that want an easy game, I know.

-----

Rather than random prize cars, cars could be won based on what team you currently driver for, or who sponsors you.

Example: You're sponsored by McLaren and win a big race, so you're awarded a MPC-12c.
Think of how Lewis Hamilton got to test drive the MPC before it's debut (and got one for himself I heard) or how Fernando Alonso got to test the 458.

In addition, a rival sponsor could tempt you by offering a prize car *IF* you are willing to switch sponsorship.

It would make getting certain cars more fun/interesting and encourages strategy. Trying different sponsors, race teams, etc. Lots of replay value.

Again, this would require a really well-done career mode. Hopefully they are reading this thread because there are tons of great ideas here.

^^^
Don't like that first idea, but that second one, if done correctly, could really make Gran Turismo a force to be reckoned with (as if it wasn't already...) in the genre. There is no doubt that, if done correctly, that would make a perfect addition to the series and help broaden the gap between GT5 and GT6.

Perhaps, instead of just having the cars in your garage spin around slowly, add a feature where there are multiple views and angles. Also, allow us to see the engine, interior, etc.

Some of what I wanted came early. Very nice. New ideas.

-Most race cars are built under the minimum weight in order to have an adjustable ballast when the cars are at their regulated weight. So, I'd like to see a moveable ballast that adjusts the weight distribution without having to increase weight on race cars. (up to +5% in either direction, at stock weight, would be nice)

-An option to not change a set of tires in the pits.

Some of what I wanted came early. Very nice. New ideas.

-Most race cars are built under the minimum weight in order to have an adjustable ballast when the cars are at their regulated weight. So, I'd like to see a moveable ballast that adjusts the weight distribution without having to increase weight on race cars. (up to +5% in either direction, at stock weight, would be nice)

-An option to not change a set of tires in the pits.

Finally, something I can agree with.

I would like an adjustable chase camera view that you can save to a particular car? What do I mean? Well, for starters, go into GT5 and drive the Mini Cooper S '07 using the chase camera. Notice how close up it is? Now drive the Camaro SS '10. See how far away it is? What I would like is an adjustable system where you can set the distance from the car and the height of the view. That way, there's no more aggravation from being inches away from the Dodge Ram's tailgate, and being a mile a away from the Camaro's rear end.

Great idea, Doog!

tumblr_m9zuosvMnI1qfazdyo2_500.png

Another thing I just remembered as I tried to buy dirt tires: remove the game's OCD about when and where you can and can't buy dirt or snow tires. Want to take your Range Rover to Eiger? Nope. You don't have dirt tires. You can't even go to the track and just buy them there, you have to go back to your garage. If you're on a street course, and you want to stock up on dirt or snow tires for the future, you can't. The game just won't let you. But why? Why do I need to endure that extra amount of time going to the garage to buy the tires, then going to the dirt or snow course I had intended to go to? It's needlessly complicated.

Here is something related to Doog's post. Why do Rally cars come equipped with sports tires, but not dirt or snow tires?

PD: "Let's only equip sports tires to the rally cars! That way, everyone will have to pay extra for dirt or snow tires, even though they should have been equipped anyway!"

genius-meme.png

I would like to be able to throw down a challenge against another racer .. with out going to a online room filled with other racers.. A put up or shut up race ... And include some kind of trophy for it ...Like i killed a skyline with my mini ....Throw down some cash and clean house and win a trophy ....

:lol::lol::lol:

I'd also like to ask PD why I can supercharge my supercharged Mini.
You can also turbocharge your turbocharged cars. What's so surprising in that? I thought it was pretty common for people to swap out OEM turbos for upgraded ones.

I have one car for you: HKS Time-Attack Evolution CT230R.

Was the original turbo a ~550 HP track monster turbo? No; it had to be street legal.

Then, HKS got ahold of this Evo VIII & forever beat Subaru to a pulp. [/FANBOYRANT]

Didn't see it in the list, probably missed it.
- Paint preview should be an actual paint preview on the actual car
- Car Show (for DLC):
You can see upcoming DLC cars. They can tease some with covers, only some parts showing, maybe awarding those who guess correctly, photomode to take pictures (spy shots), concept cars, etc.

GT Life Racing:

This would require a well-done career mode, but if you take your car in for a major tune-up, or for major repairs, you don't have access to that car for a few game calendar days. It forces some strategy. You might miss that big race coming up in a few days AND you have to make sure not to crash all the time.

Definitely not for those that want an easy game, I know.

-----

Rather than random prize cars, cars could be won based on what team you currently driver for, or who sponsors you.

Example: You're sponsored by McLaren and win a big race, so you're awarded a MPC-12c.
Think of how Lewis Hamilton got to test drive the MPC before it's debut (and got one for himself I heard) or how Fernando Alonso got to test the 458.

In addition, a rival sponsor could tempt you by offering a prize car *IF* you are willing to switch sponsorship.

It would make getting certain cars more fun/interesting and encourages strategy. Trying different sponsors, race teams, etc. Lots of replay value.

Again, this would require a really well-done career mode. Hopefully they are reading this thread because there are tons of great ideas here.

One of the best ideas I've heard in a while. Why not take it one step more and have secondary sponsors like tuning parts manufacturers or racing gear companies. Then you can get aftermarket parts, driver gear, and who knows what else. Certain sponsorships could even grant you acess to racing series you couldn't get into otherwise.

urmie
Didn't see it in the list, probably missed it.
- Paint preview should be an actual paint preview on the actual car
- Car Show (for DLC):
You can see upcoming DLC cars. They can tease some with covers, only some parts showing, maybe awarding those who guess correctly, photomode to take pictures (spy shots), concept cars, etc.

Those would be awesome features

Back