Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
I would like a Photomode feature that allows you to place your car and camera (Phototravel style) in the 'restricted' zones off track. Such as in the pit lanes or by the big satellite dishes/windmills/docks at SSRX or down a side street on the city circuits etc. There are some great spots around the tracks and it would be nice to place your car there and take some shots and would add a lot more variety to Phototravel.

I would like to see :
- Weather/Time change for every track
- Car damage more like in NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
- A cut scene that shows you the podium with champagne... If you win, are second or third
- For your driver to be white, black, metis, or "yellow" skined, for it to be male or female (I'm white... And a guy... But we all agree that the current drivers are a sign of unintentional discrimination from PD's part, right?)

I'll add more ideas later on...

Last edited:
I would like to see :
- Weather/Time change for every track
- Car damage more like in NFS Shift 2 Unleashed
- A cut scene that shows you the podium with champagne... If you win, are second or third
- For your driver to be white, black, metis, or "yellow" skined, for it to be male or female (I'm white... And a guy... But we all agree that the current drivers are a sign of unintentional discrimination from PD's part, right?)

I'll add more ideas later on...

Unfortunately the game's ESRB rating would be pushed up. :indiff:

Whats ESRB? And why? Because of the champagne? Just use coke or Red Bull then :lol:

Unfortunately the game's ESRB rating would be pushed up. :indiff:

Not to mention that sort of thing is a waste of time because after you've seen it once, you've seen it. After 50 podium celebration animations you'd be sick and tired of it and just want to skip it.

SimonK
Not to mention that sort of thing is a waste of time because after you've seen it once, you've seen it. After 50 podium celebration animations you'd be sick and tired of it and just want to skip it.

Depends if they add all the podiums from all the tracks. After all, theres loads of useless waste of space stuff on gt5 after-all. Silverstone podium is on the new wing which cost alot to build.

Depends if they add all the podiums from all the tracks. After all, theres loads of useless waste of space stuff on gt5 after-all. Silverstone podium is on the new wing which cost alot to build.

Not sure I see your point, it doesn't matter where the celebrations take place, it will still be a canned celebration animation that you will want to skip very quickly.

Not got a problem with them adding podium celebrations, just so long as there's a tick-box option to always bypass it. Some people like that kind of stuff. Not one of them, personally, but still.

Same with all the animations. Some like them, some don't. If they provided an option to always skip them then everybody is happy.

deep_sky
Not got a problem with them adding podium celebrations, just so long as there's a tick-box option to always bypass it. Some people like that kind of stuff. Not one of them, personally, but still.

Same with all the animations. Some like them, some don't. If they provided an option to always skip them then everybody is happy.

I think I remember posting the same idea earlier in the thread, but either way, I couldn't agree more. 👍

Should there be a feature to change from road to race fuel, or change company, (Shell, BP etc) and also be able to turn up the compression ratio so the car can handle the better more powerful fuel.

AstonMartinDBR9
Should there be a feature to change from road to race fuel, or change company, (Shell, BP etc) and also be able to turn up the compression ratio so the car can handle the better more powerful fuel.

No cos most people (including me) have no idea what your talking about and don't have the time anyway

^ + ^^ grammar's your friend. That was hard to understand.

You guys want to change the suppliers of products you can purchase, correct? Yes, I would like that, too! My own car only has a K & N air filter, and a Hyundai (trim level upgrade) strut-tower bar, but, putting in a generic air filter, and a generic "chassis reinforcement" does NOT equal the same difference in performance. I think that it should be a little more rewarding to REALLY spend time tuning the cars. 99% of track-day preparation is changing the specs, tuning, and preparing the car. For example, we run 32 psi in the tires, for street use, but 40 psi on autocross track days.

GAMEPLAY - Avatars

- Driver model more alive, means its whole body shakes, also rougher/faster shift animations in race cars

I want the option to slam my car. (Not literally)
I mean lowering it until it is 2 inches off the ground, and tucking the wheels into the wheel well.

GAMEPLAY - AI

Personality. Bump a certain AI too much and he have a grudge for a long time. Give in to another AI and he/she will try to squeeze you in corners more.

driving into the pits yourself instead of the computer taking over of course the car gets limited to the certain speed but your the one thats steering the car into the correct pit lane that would be cool

Engine shake, Visible in some Mid-engined cars, All engines shake even at idle plus they move about on the engine mounts under acceleration and deceleration etc, This was something I was hoping to see in GT5 when in cockpit view looking back at the horses trying to escape from my numerous Ferrari's :).

Disclaimer : I know what I'm talking about but PD wont hire mechanics so I'm 🤬 outta luck.

Last edited:
Here's another few ideas:

1. Allow players to create events online, and put some of their money on the line (Whatever amount they want) which will go to the winner. Why this idea is good is first of all to prove that you're better, and also will make people want to join and play with others :)

2. Also online, make teams possible, I want to team up with some friends of mine and have a shared garage (Other than "sharing" the car) without the biggest limitation of modification. Actually Teams will make several things possible, starting with endurance races to actually playing more of the game together, finally.. (Say telling you which race your team mates are in)

3. Certainly and definitely GT5 is not even close to what the PS3 is capable of in terms of graphics, So one of the most important things on the wishlist is improve code base (Improve loading times), improve the graphics of the environment as in trees and mountains and whatever, has anyone ever played Forza? GT5 cries for these graphics.

4. I do appreciate the physics of the GT series, otherwise, I wouldn't be playing, but after playing real sims like GTR, you would probably want a bit more from GT.

5. Fuel reduction is pathetic, it's either a bug or a setting, but I've played a Tesla Roadster, and the "fuel" (electric car) there was going down, probably like it should, but playing other cars on long tracks or many laps, fuel doesn't go down a bit on any other car.

6. Tires need to DIE.

7. Real damage, a 30mph bump shouldn't make you restart the game because your car won't drive straight anymore. Hence why I disabled damage, although any damage is good for realism sake.

8. Apply all of the above to the AI cars!

9. While tires need to really die in terms of car damage, Normal Cars should extinct for real. I don't know what you people thought when you first got to normal cars cockpit view and saw black frame and a window? :P

10. More events like Lamborghini Exclusive which put your skills to the max, however, tone it down a bit, because tuning + cutting + lots of skill still mostly puts you at 1 second, maybe, advantage at the nurburgring event. When from the very start of the track your opponents have 30 seconds advantage over you + probably no limit on the PP and it's near impossible to get it right, in reality, can you imagine a gallardo doing a 7:03 lap time?! See... didn't think so.

11. Last but not least, would be nice to have Multiplayer events with an over look for competitions (With good prizes) and maybe once in a while real world competitions (in game for real cash/medals as in)

Edit: Forgot

12. A friend of mine keeps asking me to check the internet for cars that have racing modification capability (Speaking of which, how about giving it some unique name, like NFS did, Works?) and I keep coming up to a very limited list, why not allow all cars have racing modification? So this is an item on the wishlist for him :)

Well most of the ideas are about polish, but there are a few unique ideas up there.

Last edited:
Under "Gameplay - GT-Life - Features" you have a duplicate of this paragraph:

"Allow me to customize a different button other than the 'start' button to re-start races. On steering wheels, it can be difficult to hit the start button in a timely manner... it would be much better to hit circle or square etc. And I would like it to be a shortcut to 're-start' races if possible, with just a confirmation prompt.. 90% of the time when I hit START I just want to re-start the race. How about a shortcut fellas?"

Teflonicus
Under "Gameplay - GT-Life - Features" you have a duplicate of this paragraph:

"Allow me to customize a different button other than the 'start' button to re-start races. On steering wheels, it can be difficult to hit the start button in a timely manner... it would be much better to hit circle or square etc. And I would like it to be a shortcut to 're-start' races if possible, with just a confirmation prompt.. 90% of the time when I hit START I just want to re-start the race. How about a shortcut fellas?"

Why? Wait you talking about the puase menu? That takes a split second to hit while on the wheel. I think that might cause problems...

And @ TThorAsgard

You said on electric cars the battery runs down but on gas cars the gas never runs out? Well here's your answer for that. Go to "event settings" and turn "tire wear and fuel consumption" on. That should fix that problem for you.

What you said in your "3." paragraph... I actually think the graphics are better on GT5 than Forza on the most part. But on certain areas Forza's will look better because of the type of graphics they use. I think leave the graphics alone. But would be nice to not have frame rate lag because the ps3 can't handle what GT5 demands out of it. For that main reason I hope GT6 will be on the PS4

Last edited:
I like your ideas, apart from number 1. :)

Why don't you like my number 1 idea? :D

It's number 1 for a reason, maybe some clarification would help:

The idea involves setting up a game, so say I want to set up a game that is a race on the ring and I setup all of the settings for the match, then include 100,000 credits to the winner, well I guess if you win you win back your money but perhaps let people put some of their credits on the line and then you get more credits if you win still...

Well if not for credits then they must design a system like a podium or medals or whatever, make the game more competitive, other than the reason that you want to win I think you should get something else as well.

Back