Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Replying to lots of people at the same time and without quoting (yep):

Lots of GT5 menus could be scrapped entirely and annoyances would be far less. Want an example? There's absolutely no reason to have GT auto (include its content in other existing submenus), or not being able to buy multiple cars at the same time. Removing both would mean half the annoyances.

Now remove changing oil, engine and chassis restoration, since those are typical "anti-fun" aspects that add nothing to the game, and it's 1/3.

Problem is removing that third is not possible in the GT series but Turn 10 did years ago in forza, with a better arcade mode with almost all content unlocked immediately just for fun, which I think is the point of videogames. I'd gladly take those 33 hours instead of wasting 100 though (or 50 if you really like changing oil and mantaining virtual cars)

Last edited:
As for the museum, that's an awesome idea that was badly done. Very few people have all the cards, and out of those few went to it.

Yeah, Museum could have been good if they'd have ditched the whole Pokemon thing, made it available offline and have had larger high-res photos.

- no "museum" crap. Honestly, who even looked at theirs? Seems like a waste of time, IMO. If people wanted to know this stuff, they have the internet xD

:guilty: I like the museum. It has some interesting facts on cars that I would probably never bother to look up on my own. The implementation leaves a little to be desired, but still another hook for me personally.

The option to buy certain cars in left OR right hand drive. Doesn't matter if this feature is not added, I just thought it would be kinda neat.

The option to buy certain cars in left OR right hand drive. Doesn't matter if this feature is not added, I just thought it would be kinda neat.

Not possible since that's a whole different car to model, unless PD decides to give priority to your idea instead of modelling other cars.

Same issue as modelling the tata nano: everyone prefers using those efforts into modelling the veyron. That example can always be used changing specific cars, because there are thousands of desirable ones.

Replying to lots of people at the same time and without quoting (yep):

Lots of GT5 menus could be scrapped entirely and annoyances would be far less. Want an example? There's absolutely no reason to have GT auto (include its content in other existing submenus), or not being able to buy multiple cars at the same time. Removing both would mean half the annoyances.

+ the car delivery truck. That is probably the best example of a complete time wasting menu and animation.

Good point Avens. But as I said, it really wouldn't bother me at all if that feature wasn't included. Personally, right hand drive cars are easier to drive to me. So it would be fine if I couldn't swap the steering wheel to the left side in an AP2 (example).

Make the museum cards more useful, hence, add videos, or allow us to save the image to the XMB menu so we can have a nice wallpaper, I know its a little thing that most people don't care about, but I think more people would, if the cards had more facts, or some video footage.

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, option to upload videos directly to YouTube and photos to Facebook or whatever you use

Make the museum cards more useful, hence, add videos, or allow us to save the image to the XMB menu so we can have a nice wallpaper, I know its a little thing that most people don't care about, but I think more people would, if the cards had more facts, or some video footage.

Nah, just ditch the whole museum cards, at first I thought it was a nice touch but now I think it's just another one of those annoying collector things, this one especially being irrelevant since they don't serve any point regarding the game itself and other than showing PD knows more about universal automotive history than the game content often suggests they might educate a few people on car history which info already is readily available on the web in much more detail.
Maybe it's better they release all this info on their website with a link in the game.

Not sure if anyone has said this yet, option to upload videos directly to YouTube and photos to Facebook or whatever you use

I would like a direct Youtube upload option mainly because I can't figure out how to it any other way (being a noob), pictures I can handle though.
They did 'promise' it before GT5 got launched if I remember correctly.

(...) They did 'promise' it (...)

laughing-at-work.jpg

Good one.

alexlam24
Yeah, maybe we could upload our races to GTPlanet. Not a bad idea?

Yes, that's a good idea. But once they are uploaded, we should have a way to save the videos to our phones, iPods, iPads, etc.

zylacorps
Yes, that's a good idea. But once they are uploaded, we should have a way to save the videos to our phones, iPods, iPads, etc.

Download from your PS3 via dlna or from where you uploaded

I want PD to input proper stock wheel alignment values for each car instead of their typical canned 0 camber / 0.2 rear toe settings. This causes major inconsistencies in car handling characteristics in some cases. As wheel alignment values are relatively easy to find out (and for PD, who have direct access to manufacturer technical data, it should be a piece of cake), I can't understand why they haven't done so already.

Example: real life stock wheel alignment values for the 2007 Mini Cooper S:
Front Camber -0.5°
Rear Camber -1.75°
Front toe +0.30°
Rear toe +0.40°

In GT5:
Front Camber 0.0°
Rear Camber 0.0°
Front toe +0.00°
Rear toe +0.20°

Also, wheel alignment and even camber to some extent (depending on the car and suspension geometry) should be adjustable even with stock suspensions. Why do PD allow to change it only with the fully customizable one? They should fix this.

1. Steering rack adjustment - on the tuning menu I would like to be able to select the number of turns from lock to lock (preferably quoted in turns and degrees to make it easier for people to understand).

On a Lotus Elan road car for instance I think the rack lock to lock is 1.8 turns which is 648 degrees.
At the moment in GT5 I find some cars vrtually undriveable on tight circuits because the number of turns of the wheel is excessive.

2. Garage option accessible from the test track area - it is a major faff having to go backwards and forwards through the menus every time I want to test a different car.

1. Steering rack adjustment - on the tuning menu I would like to be able to select the number of turns from lock to lock (preferably quoted in turns and degrees to make it easier for people to understand).

On a Lotus Elan road car for instance I think the rack lock to lock is 1.8 turns which is 648 degrees.
At the moment in GT5 I find some cars vrtually undriveable on tight circuits because the number of turns of the wheel is excessive.

2. Garage option accessible from the test track area - it is a major faff having to go backwards and forwards through the menus every time I want to test a different car.

Co driver for all Rally series races and Spotter for all other relevant race series.

These options get the Melons Seal of Approval. (No copyright intended, just in case there's a fruit company...)

I've thought of something after reading the 'Forza clone' thread.

A Top Gear inspired special event that still retains a focus on circuit driving skill:

You, in the high mileage car that has not seen fresh oil or any restorations for a while, have a head start around the track. A very agressive A.I sets off after a while and the challenge is to drive the longest without being hit or overtaken. It's like any challenge when the boys have to race against the Stig. The rating system could be license style times.

To increase difficulty, the car could have the worst tyres, improperly set suspension or brake balance or all!

Last edited:
I've thought of something after reading the 'Forza clone' thread.

A Top Gear inspired special event that still retains a focus on circuit driving skill:

You, in the high mileage car that has not seen fresh oil or any restorations for a while, have a head start around the track. A very agressive A.I sets off after a while and the challenge is to drive the longest without being hit or overtaken. It's like any challenge when the boys have to race against the Stig. The rating system could be license style times.

To increase difficulty, the car could have the worst tyres, improperly set suspension or brake balance or all!

I see one huge flaw with that idea. The GT AI. You'd be driving for days. :lol:

Well, they could implement the infamous A.I code that could not care less about the player. (A useful use at last! :dopey:)

Most players would be spectactularly shunted out of the way as the race ends. Stiggie would be in a significantly faster car after all, like the real TG challenges.

I want a feature which is important to gamers nowadays & codemasters have tried it but it hasn't worked,

There should be a feature where you can export you GT5 replays to your XMB menu in an MP4 or anyother youtube capatable format so we can share our races with friends and upload on youtube :)

there should be a tag of the user who's reply it is on the screen so its rightfully owned by PD, SONY & the gamer/user...

sibbystiggy
I want a feature which is important to gamers nowadays & codemasters have tried it but it hasn't worked,

There should be a feature where you can export you GT5 replays to your XMB menu in an MP4 or anyother youtube capatable format so we can share our races with friends and upload on youtube :)

there should be a tag of the user who's reply it is on the screen so its rightfully owned by PD, SONY & the gamer/user...

Yeah that would be nice to have but the problem is this. To make it of one person wouldn't be that difficult. To have the whole menu that is in the replay theater wouldn't really be a option considering the PS3's capability. Not to mention storage. I mean you are taking a 1080p full HD replay with interactive menu that could view the whole race. That is a lot of data.

Here's a idea.

All the replays are right now are right now are network inputs not an actual replay.

If you don't know what i am saying here's a better explanation.
The replays in GT5 consist of data that the person pushes on his or hers controller or wheel as for the car and track. Nothing more. Reason you can't fast forward and re-wind like a dvd is because if you could what you would see would look exactly like someone lagging.

But here's a idea. Make a separate program or application that you can download for the PS Store that will just be for replays. Do the same export to save data that we already have. And through the app be able to covert the size of the video down. It is very possible to do. For example i have a YouTube video downloader on my phone. When i upload a video i download it to my phone and the YouTube downloader converts it to more than 3/4th its original size. But maybe that's a batter idea.

I would like the option to drive in the pitlane, of course this option would be defeatable in lounges. SFI, you don't want to pit, or get forced into the pits, you could have the option of driving past your stall or pitting.

Effectively, this was explored in the Sebastian Vettel X1 Challenge, albeit no pitstops were made.

This would also enable pitlane speeding penalties for online modes. Obviously, there should be an option to disable pitlane car collisions.

Another thing I want to see is, on high-mileage road cars, you'll see some fluids drip when the car is stopped for a while and will cause some wheelspin when driven over.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I would like a harder V-TEC kick in, option to have more exhausts, change your turbo boost pressure and have car clubs

Larger number of cars available with rm modification. Bring back manufacturers races like on gt4. More offline races and options. Show dirt on cars so you know when to wash them. Engine damage. Allow turbo charging and super charging. Its being done in real life, why not on a game. Allow more tuning on the fgt. Bring back the fast forward feature on B Spec.

Last edited:
Back