Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
How about;

GAMEPLAY - Rally Racing

Few rally stages from real world.

Edit: Oops, forgot that this thread isn't for tracks. Sorry.

I have an idea for drifting (don't know if it's been mentioned yet): Ability to drift in tandem with AI cars. We know GT5's AI can drift (b-spec Bob can drift if he's desperate for an edge), so why not have the ability to drift with the AI?

I was also thinking that having a separate career mode centered around drifting would be pretty cool.

I would like it if we had the option to test drive a car before purchasing, or the ability to trade in a car for a different one, so long as they are in the same price range.

Most of us will ever own or drive these cars in actual life,so whatever sounds them deem worthy to put for them Satisfies me personally,but like I said wheel size MUST be on the next one,as well as engine swaps,it feels so generic to just upgrade to level 1...level 2..etc...I wanna see what I'm upgrading to

Not sure if it's already been achieved in GT5 but I have an idea they could use to simulate proper Turbo behavior.

It goes like this : The player's throttle input counts for 50% of the total acceleration while the turbo fills the other 50%.

When the player inputs some throttle, the turbo starts spooling until its own throttle equals the player's input.

Obviously, different turbos will take different amounts of time to accomplish this, depending on their size. The game would just have to check when the player is giving 0% throttle so the turbo doesn't accelerate for you while it's spooling down.

What is it then? :confused:

Boost Threshold, the point in the rev range in which the turbo kicks in and is effective. Turbo lag is when the engine takes a moment for the turbo/s to spool/wake up when the engine is in the boost threshold when the throttle is applied.

Boost Threshold, the point in the rev range in which the turbo kicks in and is effective. Turbo lag is when the engine takes a moment for the turbo/s to spool/wake up when the engine is in the boost threshold when the throttle is applied.

This.

If you have a turbocharger the size of Delaware installed, it will take a noticeable amount of time for the power to start to rise after you actually apply the throttle.

@Earth. Hats off to you sir. That is by far and away the most epic post I've seen in my life.

I think that Gran Turismo 6 needs to be a refreshed game. There is no question with the physics but they really need to change things up and make a more user friendly GUI. Used car dealership must be dropped and the game should be more relaxed in terms of money.

Beyond that, there is a more important issue I'd like to thow out there. It is the excessive content reducing the value of the game. The physics is awesome. Cars behave as cars should. But having played PC sims I can tell that making a good car takes time. There is a lot of tuning involved. Just adding the data is not always enough. For example, how can a stock McLaren F1 on a short track like top gear test track have a lap time of 1m 10 sec while in the real world an Aston Martin DBR9 has a lap time of 1 min 10 sec. McLaren F1s time should be around 1 min 20 sec based on the performance of similar cars.
Look at Forza 4. they have a shorter car list and I think lap times are more realistic but I couldn't take the games actual physics similarly. I always found it more fun to play with assists on and thought they should make an arcade game. Guess what Forza Horizon is coming out. I'd but that happily. I like both sim and racade racers.

What I'm saying is that the games content needs to be more focused. Tuning is not less important that physics. With a shorter car list, they will be able to invest more time in each car and make the car performance more realistic besides what the games physics system initially provides. I don't care about all those skylines or the existence of Dihatsu. From my knowledge, I'd say 250 to 300 cars should be enough for a commercial sim like GT.

Another important thing is performance upgrade. Now I'm no expert here either but I'd just like to share one thing about customization. How many cars and aftermarket parts are out there. Does installing a part always makes the desired effect. What about how one part affects some of the other parts. Is it really mathematically possible to calculate these accurately. How many permutations and combinations are possible with cars and parts. Does a sim racer really remain a sim racer with performace customization?

I'd rather have incredibly accurate stock cars. Another thing that I'd like with that is car specific real world upgrade packages. For example, there are upgrade packages for BMW M3s that slightly improve a cars performance. I rather have these in the game. And if a car does not have any factory tested upgrade packages available in existence, I don't want 'em. It bothers me so much that a supposedly car simulator game gives the opportunity to upgrade a Jaguar XJ 13 to to as fast or maybe even faster than a Ferrari FXX.

In terms of car setup, I don't like GTs car tuning and setup system. It is not proper car setup. It is more like tweaking a car's performance like a modder does. How can all cars have the same tuning parameters? For road cars, I'd like to see only presets. These presets should be setups that are available on the real world car. So if on a certain car, traction control can't be turned off, that I don't want to be able to turn it off. If a car has a tc value of 3 at setting 1 and tc value of 6 at setting 2, I never want to be able to drive the car at tc value of 4,5,or 6. For race cars, I want tuning system like rFactor. I want individual tuning settings and options for each cars.

I also like to point out that while GT5's physics is great, they need a complete overhaul for it is becoming dated compared to new PC sims which are the standard for me. Yes GT is a game. But they should be more sim imo.

I rarely write on GT community because of one factor. It is like beating your head on the wall. Kazunori Yamauchi never listens to us. Sometimes I wonder if bioware should make Gran Turismo. I wish Polyphoni can become a publisher and not be controlled by Sony and not include so many useless japanese cars.

@Earth. Hats off to you sir. That is by far and away the most epic post I've seen in my life.

I think that Gran Turismo 6 needs to be a refreshed game. There is no question with the physics but they really need to change things up and make a more user friendly GUI. Used car dealership must be dropped and the game should be more relaxed in terms of money.

Beyond that, there is a more important issue I'd like to thow out there. It is the excessive content reducing the value of the game. The physics is awesome. Cars behave as cars should. But having played PC sims I can tell that making a good car takes time. There is a lot of tuning involved. Just adding the data is not always enough. For example, how can a stock McLaren F1 on a short track like top gear test track have a lap time of 1m 10 sec while in the real world an Aston Martin DBR9 has a lap time of 1 min 10 sec. McLaren F1s time should be around 1 min 20 sec based on the performance of similar cars.
Look at Forza 4. they have a shorter car list and I think lap times are more realistic but I couldn't take the games actual physics similarly. I always found it more fun to play with assists on and thought they should make an arcade game. Guess what Forza Horizon is coming out. I'd but that happily. I like both sim and racade racers.

What I'm saying is that the games content needs to be more focused. Tuning is not less important that physics. With a shorter car list, they will be able to invest more time in each car and make the car performance more realistic besides what the games physics system initially provides. I don't care about all those skylines or the existence of Dihatsu. From my knowledge, I'd say 250 to 300 cars should be enough for a commercial sim like GT.

Another important thing is performance upgrade. Now I'm no expert here either but I'd just like to share one thing about customization. How many cars and aftermarket parts are out there. Does installing a part always makes the desired effect. What about how one part affects some of the other parts. Is it really mathematically possible to calculate these accurately. How many permutations and combinations are possible with cars and parts. Does a sim racer really remain a sim racer with performace customization?

I'd rather have incredibly accurate stock cars. Another thing that I'd like with that is car specific real world upgrade packages. For example, there are upgrade packages for BMW M3s that slightly improve a cars performance. I rather have these in the game. And if a car does not have any factory tested upgrade packages available in existence, I don't want 'em. It bothers me so much that a supposedly car simulator game gives the opportunity to upgrade a Jaguar XJ 13 to to as fast or maybe even faster than a Ferrari FXX.

In terms of car setup, I don't like GTs car tuning and setup system. It is not proper car setup. It is more like tweaking a car's performance like a modder does. How can all cars have the same tuning parameters? For road cars, I'd like to see only presets. These presets should be setups that are available on the real world car. So if on a certain car, traction control can't be turned off, that I don't want to be able to turn it off. If a car has a tc value of 3 at setting 1 and tc value of 6 at setting 2, I never want to be able to drive the car at tc value of 4,5,or 6. For race cars, I want tuning system like rFactor. I want individual tuning settings and options for each cars.

I also like to point out that while GT5's physics is great, they need a complete overhaul for it is becoming dated compared to new PC sims which are the standard for me. Yes GT is a game. But they should be more sim imo.

I rarely write on GT community because of one factor. It is like beating your head on the wall. Kazunori Yamauchi never listens to us. Sometimes I wonder if bioware should make Gran Turismo. I wish Polyphoni can become a publisher and not be controlled by Sony and not include so many useless japanese cars.

One of the biggest things I would like to see changed in the new GT game (GT6) would be a better story. For example a great story would be similar to having to buy a cheap car at the beginning of the game, fix it up a little bit and take it to races similar to track days. From there you can race to gain some money as well as try to impress sponsors and hook a racing deal. From there you can go and do a license test for the specific race level your at. As you progress in the game so do the styles of races you can do and you can choose if you want to go on as a Drift driver, F1, Endurance, Drag, NASCAR, and each option could have it's own avenues of races to do. Also along the lines of unlocking endurance races earlier but at a lower class race. (Multi class racing was already asked and is reiterated here) You can race lets say as GTC on endurance races with a set of prizes for that class while there are GT2 GT3 GT1 P1 P2 racing around you. Also another feature would be the ability to buy cars and customize them for the specific race series similar to buying a corvette, Porsche, Ferrari, Austin Martin, etc and turning them into Endurance racers or other specialty races. The FF FR MR etc races can still be added in as specialty events for publicity purposes for your racing team. Make the game more like a racing career rather than buy this car and do these races with it, once those are done, get a new car for other races like how it is set up now. This will also extend the life of the game because it allows the player to start one way and finish in different career paths with different starter cars.

@ ngendo20

So basically, the races you're allowed to do will change based on your choices, is that right?

@ gamerdog6482

One way I think turbo lag could be simulated would be to split a turbo car's acceleration into two halves. One is increased by the throttle while the other is increased by the turbo. Basically, when the player opens the throttle, the turbo will also accelerate at a a specific rate depending on its size and/or quality.

Since the turbo won't reach max output as fast as the player opens the throttle wide, you have your turbo lag. :D

For gad sake guys! Buy a Nissan GT-R in GT5 and keep it stock and drive it around and you will notice turbo-lag.
End of.

For gad sake guys! Buy a Nissan GT-R in GT5 and keep it stock and drive it around and you will notice turbo-lag.
End of.

Scroll through the previous posts until you see something about boost threshold, there is next to no actual turbo lag in GT5, as the turbos response while on-boost is almost instantaneous.

finnracer
Scroll through the previous posts until you see something about boost threshold, there is next to no actual turbo lag in GT5, as the turbos response while on-boost is almost instantaneous.

Got two cars for you to try that i know have turbo/aka boost lag.

HPA Stage II R32 (standard HPA moded VW golf) that car has terrible turbo lag.

Option stream Z

Try those and you will see

Back