Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
It's easy. Use the right directional like your cars light stalk. Press once parkers; twice low beam; 3rd high beam. Press L3 foglights press once front & rear, twice fronts only, 3rd rear only, press again for off. Left directional to cycle signal lights, R3 hazards. And instead of winning horns as prizes, maybe coloured headlights or coloured signal lights instead.

@1241 Penguin seriously bro..they probably cant fit everything im asking for on one disc if they could they would have put way more cars on GT5 than they did already...im just saying in neccesary...ya know

It's easy. Use the right directional like your cars light stalk. Press once parkers; twice low beam; 3rd high beam. Press L3 foglights press once front & rear, twice fronts only, 3rd rear only, press again for off. Left directional to cycle signal lights, R3 hazards. And instead of winning horns as prizes, maybe coloured headlights or coloured signal lights instead.
L3 and R3, for most of us, are already used for horn and RA function menus, so try again...
@1241 Penguin seriously bro..they probably cant fit everything im asking for on one disc if they could they would have put way more cars on GT5 than they did already...im just saying in neccesary...ya know
This wouldn't be a problem if you don't mind Standard cars.

I would like PD to focus on the driving aspect of GT6 before focusing on the content. I honestly think that if GT6 has extremely close to life physics, the number of cars won't matter.

Umm no, Signals i dont see a problem with as there used in some series but the rest. Dont use high beam in most races due to blinding other drivers view. High beam/low beam already exsists. Hazards.......why? thats what flags are for! (yellow/red). Fogs.....if its foggy then its usually posponed.

As for fogs. When you drive with an Impreza, if its raining the front and rear foglights switch on(buy one and check it out). And blinding other drivers in the game I have not experienced being dazzled by another online driver.

Sport tires are the closest in the LOOK of the tire themselves to what they use in real life. But the comfort tires in GT5 would match how they feel in real life because of the problem with the tire physics in GT5. See this has been discussed so many times about the tire grade and we always get down to the main point.
1. Sports tires look like the real life tires
2. Comfort tires have the closest feel to real life (comfort tires as in hards and mediums)
3. Then the discussion ends with the tires phiyics. Because the tire physics let's be honest are not correct in GT5.

So in the end this is never solved.

I got pirelli P-Zeros on my car and Drift more or less like SH which is confusing, go sideways but enough grip to squeal away. Less smoke and more speed if you get me. A few friends of mine have budget tires on there BMs so they can Drift easily with stupid amounts of smoke produced.
Plus i can drift better on CH But SH seems more fun.

Youngun
Umm no, Signals i dont see a problem with as there used in some series but the rest. Dont use high beam in most races due to blinding other drivers view. High beam/low beam already exsists. Hazards.......why? thats what flags are for! (yellow/red). Fogs.....if its foggy then its usually posponed.

I definitely agree with flag marshals in the game. But hazards are useful for players with damage. Nothing like being in a pack and having an incident with front end damage. Would be nice to get a heads up that vehicle is unstable from the driver.

1241Penguin

I would like PD to focus on the driving aspect of GT6 before focusing on the content. I honestly think that if GT6 has extremely close to life physics, the number of cars won't matter.
Ok i understand,well in that case tire pressure,all cars to have dim lights and high beams,nitrous oxide to be brought back!(from GT4),also blinkers to make it more realistic and to give heads up in clean race,also reverse lights on standard model cars,and also tire/rim size as well as fully functionally ram-air hoods,and also an actual dyno test(visual test with seeing ur car on the dyno rack!)

It would be my ideal set up. That's why you can choose your own settings.

And what about all the other buttons?? (be good if someone released a 458 wheel for G27/T500 as everything is on the wheel)

Real race cars use signals to indicate to passing drivers what side is best to pass on. It's a courtesy.

I said this was fine, good for online races but only really useful in Classification races with more than one i.e. Le Man style.

As for fogs. When you drive with an Impreza, if its raining the front and rear foglights switch on(buy one and check it out). And blinding other drivers in the game I have not experienced being dazzled by another online driver.

Test drove one and yes there auto as are lights and wipers and my car but Fog would just prove that visibility is poor and the race would need to go on stand by like any other race official would say. High beam is rarely used in most 24hr race as drivers are always behind someone, like you said before, Common Courtesy (Full beam in your face is slightly worse, but Full beam in 3 Mirrors and a cockpit lit up like a xmas tree!. Had a similar affair on the way home a few time with the guy behind on full beam, very destracting)

Has anyone said this yet?

A tutorial on how to maximize tuning. It's really hard for newer players like me and don't know what to do with the tuning.

There is no 'maximizing' tuning, the tracks and drivers (and their needs) are very different.

Besides, everything about tuning is explained in-game already. There are quesion marks in tuning menus.

A tiny change I want in GT6 is for my settings to be remembered in Photo Travel / Mode. Having to change the aspect ratio and capture mode every 20s is frustrating.

I hope for this in each GT5 update but at this stage it will not happen.

GT5 doesn't even fill a single layer 25GB Blu Ray disc let alone a dual layer 50GB Blu Ray disc .

SimonK
GT5 doesn't even fill a single layer 25GB Blu Ray disc let alone a dual layer 50GB Blu Ray disc .

No way they said themselves they couldnt fit all the content they want to in the game,thats why they have premium and standard to conserve space man

No way they said themselves they couldnt fit all the content they want to in the game,thats why they have premium and standard to conserve space man

Yes way. That is not why they have standard and premium, they have standard and premium because they couldn't make enough premium cars in time. Trust me, GT5 is 13.9GB in size. If you don't believe me go and get your disc and put it in your PC.

Disc Information:
State of Last Session: Complete
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 7,328,416
Size: 15,008,595,968 bytes

Time: 1628:34:16 (MM:SS:FF)

BD Disc Information:
Disc Type: BD-ROM
Disc Size: 120mm
Disc Class: 0
Disc Version: 1
Number of Layers: 1
Layer Type: Read Only
DVD Layer Present: No
CD Layer Present: No
Channel Bit Length: 74.50nm (25GB Per Layer)
Push-Pull Polarity: Negative
BCA Present: No
Maximum Transfer Rate: Not Specified
Last User Data PSN for Disc: 8,376,991
First AUN of Data Zone: 1,048,576
Last AUN of Data Zone: 8,376,990

Some of these suggestions are excessive, such as being able to create your own car from scratch. However, most of them are necessary for PD to keep up with Turn 10 in terms of quality. FM4 is definitely higher in quality than GT5, PD needs to step it up...

I hate that Forza is for Xbox only by the way, I only have a PS3...

I want realistic sounds, and scenery, etc. GT5 has some of the cars very close to their real sound, but definitely not all of them.

Here is a video of an onboard lap of a 787b at Le Mans. (Must see!)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HXvjzk3qaP8

The sound just blows you away. One of the best racecars in the world by far. :) If the 787b in GT6 sounds like this, like its TRUE sound, (as well as every other car in GT6) the game will be so much more enjoyable, because sounds are one of the most important parts of a racing/driving game. :)
I know GT5 has the 787b sound very close to the real thing, but I just feel like something is missing.

Last edited:
what will you guys ask for next plush living quarters? I've seen Forza 4's graphics they are much to be desired compared to GT5

what will you guys ask for next plush living quarters? I've seen Forza 4's graphics they are much to be desired compared to GT5

I'd like plush living quarters. It'd be a nice break from seeing the dimly lit garage all day. And yes, Forza 4's graphics really are a step behind that of Gran Turismo 5. I actually have Forza 4, and and an Xbox, but I never play Forza. I found it to just be boring, and I couldn't get into it. The graphics look artificially shiny and un-detailed compared to Gran Turismo. And the physics are just bad; but that's for another thread.

I want realistic sounds, and scenery, etc. GT5 has some of the cars very close to their real sound, but definitely not all of them.

The sound just blows you away. One of the best racecars in the world by far. :) If the 787b in GT6 sounds like this, like its TRUE sound, (as well as every other car in GT6) the game will be so much more enjoyable, because sounds are one of the most important parts of a racing/driving game. :)
I will definitely disagree when you say that some cars in GT5 sound like their supposed to. Anyway, I truly believe that given GT's environmental graphics, it has the potential to make replays extremely enjoyable. Just add a bit of realistic sounds and the game will the enjoyable when you're driving, or when you're just watching a race you just had. All things considered, it's just a matter of wanting realistic engine sounds.
And the physics are just bad; but that's for another thread.
Have you even driven a car at racing speeds?

Have you even driven a car at racing speeds?

No, I haven't.

Even at lower speeds, say, 40 mph, the cars seem to react more violently than necessary to cornering, and while they don't often break into a slide, they don't quite seem to grip the ground very well either. It's like all the cars are vans, and they're being driven on ice, at least, that's how I see it.

Have you even driven a car at racing speeds?[/QUOTE

God sake I drive go-karts. Yes they handle differently to other cars but they do handle sort of similar to proper race cars. Forza has terrible physics that were helped made by the creators of NFS Shift. And we can all say Shift is ****. Race cars do not slide ALL THE TIME even at 20mph. Forza was never meant to be a simulator in the first place. It was meant to be an arcade game.

Forza= :banghead::crazy::yuck:👎:scared::mad::confused::irked:🤬

All Gran Turismo Games= :cheers::bowdown::D:sly::dopey::drool::)👍:gtpflag:

1241Penguin
I will definitely disagree when you say that some cars in GT5 sound like their supposed to.

How can you even say that? I can tell that you have never really compared certain cars' sounds in GT5 to their real life sound. The 787b sounds very much like it does in real life, but as I said earlier, I feel it is missing something. It's not exactly the same, obviously. Another example would be the McLaren F1. It doesn't sound exactly like the real thing, but it is very similar. There are quite a few more examples, but I don't remember them all. But do keep in mind that I also stated in my previous post, that a majority of the cars in GT5 do NOT sound as they would in real life.

Back