Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Sorry but that's one of the silliest things I've read in this thread.

I don’t see why you find it silly.

Rather than bring back old tracks that we’ve raced around for over ten years, put the time and effort into designing new tracks or scanning real life ones that have yet to appear in Gran Turismo. As much as I love Grand Valley or Special Stage Route 11, I’ve driven around them for thousands of miles and we’ve got the previous 5 + games in which they’ve appeared in.

A refined and fresh Gran Turismo on PlayStation 4 sounds really appealing, rather than a bloated and less polished title like GT5.

Wools
I don’t see why you find it silly.

Rather than bring back old tracks that we’ve raced around for over ten years, put the time and effort into designing new tracks or scanning real life ones that have yet to appear in Gran Turismo. As much as I love Grand Valley or Special Stage Route 11, I’ve driven around them for thousands of miles and we’ve got the previous 5 + games in which they’ve appeared in.

A refined and fresh Gran Turismo on PlayStation 4 sounds really appealing, rather than a bloated and less polished title like GT5.

Why not have the tracks "we've raced on for over 10 years", as well as the new tracks that you are wishing for? You don't have to wish them out of the game completely just to have other new tracks. And yes, we can always go back and play GT4 to race on Apricot Hill or El Captain, but do you really not want to have all of those tracks in one game? Do you really not want to see them refined and in high definition? GT4 may have good graphics, but nobody wants to go back to that game just to race on certain tracks if those tracks are not in GT6.

So yes, Simon was right. That was very silly indeed.

No he's not, it’s an opinion and it’s in no way silly.

Why not have the tracks on we’ve already raced round for 10 years? Because Polyphony will have to take the time to model and implement them which takes up developer time. I would rather see that time put to use creating new tracks that we’ve not seen before.

Granted, I’m not saying strip it all the way back, but I think there should be a focus on new content, rather than stuff we’ve seen before.

Career mode - gameplay
- Hability to virtual die! I think this feature should help a little to feel the "real fear" you feel in a real car during a flying lap. If you die in the game you must to start again from 0. there should be intermediates like totalling your car but not dying.
- tires should be wear out over time, forcing to buy new tires. limited quantity of tires per race event (including practice, qualy, warmup, race).

zylacorps
Why not have the tracks "we've raced on for over 10 years", as well as the new tracks that you are wishing for? You don't have to wish them out of the game completely just to have other new tracks. And yes, we can always go back and play GT4 to race on Apricot Hill or El Captain, but do you really not want to have all of those tracks in one game? Do you really not want to see them refined and in high definition? GT4 may have good graphics, but nobody wants to go back to that game just to race on certain tracks if those tracks are not in GT6.

In the last few years new tracks have been created and current tracks been changed. Fantasy track are all good until they get used over and over again. All you got to do is look at the f1 calendar and see possible track, the actual monaco track would be nice too. There needs to be a ratio between cars and tracks, 1000+ cars and 15 tracks with couple night/day, wet/dry & reverse. 50 tracks would keep me happy but would push it but would be great. Each with reverse, night and weather. America have a few, so do we with Silverstone, donington and more. Most countries have tracks. Need to go global and have a few. Abu dhabi curcuit looks great at night and india is a work of art, circuit of the americas looks good and is brand new.
Surely most new tracks have CAD data that PD could use to help create tracks??

Also Mr Bernie Ecclestone has been in talks with a few countries about road curcuits, london is one of them. Love to get a proper london circuit.

No he's not, it’s an opinion and it’s in no way silly.

Why not have the tracks on we’ve already raced round for 10 years? Because Polyphony will have to take the time to model and implement them which takes up developer time. I would rather see that time put to use creating new tracks that we’ve not seen before.

Granted, I’m not saying strip it all the way back, but I think there should be a focus on new content, rather than stuff we’ve seen before.

You should talk to F1 drivers, see how bored they are driving on the same tracks year after year. Yes a few come and go, but many have been there for decades. There is no reason not to include tracks fans like and desire because they're old.

That was what's made it sound ridiculous, saying not to include fan favourites. do you not read that back and realise how silly it sounds to say something like that?

I want Polyphony to be very simple and pure with the next Gran Turismo.

Around 15 – 25 Tracks
Tracks are what make me come back to racing games, not hundreds of cars. A nice selection of some of the best like Spa and Silverstone, mixed with their own in house creations.

Little legacy holdover
Don’t bring back fan favourite tracks or cars, we’ve got the old games to play so don’t need them again. Choose the best and stick to it.

Are you a true Gran Turismo fan? The Original Tracks are partly what give Gran Turismo the feeling no other game has! Trial Mountain is an original but even tough its not real, it is my most favourite track in the entire game. Its also one of the most popular if not the most in online rooms for an original track. Never underestimate what makes Gran Turismo what it is and what gives out the fling not other car game has. Original Tracks are a must have in Gran Turismo.

There IS a reason why people wanted the old tracks in GT5 so bad. And I'm more than 100% sure it's not gonna change in GT6 (unless there will be some included).

Madertus
There IS a reason why people wanted the old tracks in GT5 so bad. And I'm more than 100% sure it's not gonna change in GT6 (unless there will be some included).

They were great amazing tracks

Are you a true Gran Turismo fan? The Original Tracks are partly what give Gran Turismo the feeling no other game has! Trial Mountain is an original but even tough its not real, it is my most favourite track in the entire game. Its also one of the most popular if not the most in online rooms for an original track. Never underestimate what makes Gran Turismo what it is and what gives out the fling not other car game has. Original Tracks are a must have in Gran Turismo.

👍 if Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley (partly High Speed Ring too) isn't there, it's NOT a Gran Turismo. Leaving Seatle, Midfield and Apricot Hill out of GT5 was already a big enough mistake imo.

It's up to you if you want to use the old tracks or not, but those tracks are more of GT's spirit than most of the tracks in GT5, like it or not.

Edit:

Don’t bring back fan favourite tracks or cars, we’ve got the old games to play so don’t need them again.Choose the best and stick to it.

So, what you're saying is we don't need Spa, Nürburgring, Suzuka etc. because we can play them in GT5?

Last edited:
A Blocked List.
Whenever a host kicks a player out, they are added (or can be added optionally) to the blocked lists, which in future rooms hosted by the same host, are kicked out at the Online Lobby screen.
Saves time for everyone and makes gaming more pleasant.

TP1
A Blocked List.
Whenever a host kicks a player out, they are added (or can be added optionally) to the blocked lists, which in future rooms hosted by the same host, are kicked out at the Online Lobby screen.
Saves time for everyone and makes gaming more pleasant.

Or....a Report button that does something!

I say GT6 should have every track from the past games, as well as new world and original circuits.

An "authentic" mode for every car: realistic tyres, selectable driving modes (sport modes, racing modes, etc), variable steering ratios and resistance depending of the driving modes, etc.

I have been thinking about this for a long time. Make the numbers on racecars changeable or at least make sure that 2 of the same race cars on the grid don't have the same number. For me it was unrealistic to see 2 Subaru Impreza Rally Cars (for example) sporting the same number.

Also, maybe add "classic" versions of the endurance races. Where you can only enter with cars from a set era with the rules from that time. Heck, even with prize money that is much less because of money back in the day being worth less. (So no 1 million creds. prizes, but 50.000 for a 24 hour race.)

first of all glad to be here.. newly signed :) nice to join the community

reviewing the wishlist i see some people wish GT series would transform to some sort of NFS game, customize visual gone over the next level, sure it would be nice but i could do without it except for the RM part.. but there were a lot of brilliant ideas Next Gen can support amazing content.

it already been said over and over again man the sounds the sounds are need freshening up seriously the same since ever :grumpy: muscle car should have a beastly roar Ferrari need to scream his guts out.. engine, exhaust, transmission, turbo, tyres etc it will donate much to the experience, time between shifts not every car is flappy paddle

gt rules flags penalties, crew communication, practice sessions qualifying sessions then race.. an open world option just imagine with GT physics on open roads :drool: wishing since GT3, way better course maker, option to change car in the circuit menu (or garage option in the circuit) backing up all the way to the garage really frustrating..

way to earn good money but also must spend continuously i.e. buy tyres they wear off over time or over use, spare parts, fuel tank, oversea shipping take time to arrive, change parts over time, damage repair and so on.. it can make single player endless.

also customize the race i want to choose the cars that i will be racing against 1-11 opponents (slots to fill) private circuit run or 1-5 cars in circuit just driving around

PORSCHE & RUF

Last edited:
-better ai
-hardcore sim option (physics, less forgivng ai, crew chief etc...)
-better damage model
-flags/penalties (get rid of the bumping and barrier penalties) i race i know how it all works and you dont get penalties for bumping or hitting the wall

thats all i can think of for now ill be back tho

1. No XP leveling, instead use the old license system again.
2. No B-Spec. Instead, PD should just focus on delivering a solid A-Spec racing experience.
3. The ability to choose interior colors when purchasing new cars.
4. A test drive function. I want to see if I like a car before spending 20 million for it.
5. Better AI. No more of this boring "chase the rabbit" stuff.
6. Qualifying. Seriously, why was this featured removed?
7. Better foliage textures and models. I don't understand why PD is still using models and textures from the early 2000's.
8. None of those ludicrous restrictions that was so helplessly placed upon us in GT5. (Credit limit, item limit, trade limit, unable to sell certain cars for game credits, etc.)

Last edited:
Bring back the original tracks is a must. I was a disappointed to find out Apricot Hill was not in GT5. And when I say original I mean original, example High Speed Ring, where as I don't care about the layout in GT5 I much prefer the look of GT1's HSR, if they made a HD version of that, It will probably be my new fav track..

I want Polyphony to be very simple and pure with the next Gran Turismo.

Little legacy holdover
Don’t bring back fan favourite tracks or cars, we’ve got the old games to play so don’t need them again. Choose the best and stick to it.

Laguna Seca has been in Gran Turismo since GT2. It's a great track, but I'm getting sick of seeing it appear. So instead of including it in GT6, I'd rather PD NOT include it in the new game that gives a fresh experience. I'd much prefer having to play an older GT game if I want to race on it. Same goes for The 'Ring, La Sarthe, Daytona, etc. I don't want to see any track that was in any previous Gran Turismo, in GT6. I'm tired of them.

Same goes for cars. Every car that's in GT5, dump them. Already drove them, don't want them back in GT6.

See how ignorant that sounds?

Laguna Seca has been in Gran Turismo since GT2. It's a great track, but I'm getting sick of seeing it appear. So instead of including it in GT6, I'd rather PD NOT include it in the new game that gives a fresh experience. I'd much prefer having to play an older GT game if I want to race on it. Same goes for The 'Ring, La Sarthe, Daytona, etc. I don't want to see any track that was in any previous Gran Turismo, in GT6. I'm tired of them.

Same goes for cars. Every car that's in GT5, dump them. Already drove them, don't want them back in GT6.

You are in a small minority on that one. How much are you willing to wait if you want only new content in GT6? It wouldn't show up in the next 5 years.

Edit: Lol, missed the last sentence.:dunce:

iRevelationz

Thats a bit extreme, its not like people are saying dump the 'ring or 'seca but add important tracks like silverstone or old GT tracks that have had a major revamp. Cars is just repetition, its not like people say remove 458 cuz its fast & italian or Volvo C30 as its FF, its the copies thats look and feel the same to most no matter how you perceive them personally.

Thats a bit extreme, its not like people are saying dump the 'ring or 'seca but add important tracks like silverstone or old GT tracks that have had a major revamp. Cars is just repetition, its not like people say remove 458 cuz its fast & italian or Volvo C30 as its FF, its the copies thats look and feel the same to most no matter how you perceive them personally.

There are only a few (I want to say around twenty) cars that are actually direct duplicates.
By that I mean cars like the (for example, not saying this is all of them) 350Z/Fairlady Z LMRC, or the 350Z Roadster (US/EU).
And if you notice, NONE of the premos are duplicates.

There are only a few (I want to say around twenty) cars that are actually direct duplicates.
By that I mean cars like the (for example, not saying this is all of them) 350Z/Fairlady Z LMRC, or the 350Z Roadster (US/EU).
And if you notice, NONE of the premos are duplicates.

There is the GT Academy cars (Apart from the tuned ones) and the '05 and '07 Swift Sports come bloody close though! Although I do agree in general the premium cars are fairly well balenced.

There is the GT Academy cars (Apart from the tuned ones) and the '05 and '07 Swift Sports come bloody close though! Although I do agree in general the premium cars are fairly well balenced.

The only thing that really comes close are the Swifts, but they ARE different.

People are always complaining about all the Skylines. What they don't realize is that PD only modeled ONE R32, R33, and R34, and V35. The two V36s they modeled are very different, and so are the two (now three with the DLC) R35s.
Even beyond that, they only modeled one Z32, Z33, and Z34.

Miatas I can't speak for, because we have a few NAs and one NC, but not a single NB...

gamerdog6482
The only thing that really comes close are the Swifts, but they ARE different.

People are always complaining about all the Skylines. What they don't realize is that PD only modeled ONE R32, R33, and R34, and V35. The two V36s they modeled are very different, and so are the two (now three with the DLC) R35s.
Even beyond that, they only modeled one Z32, Z33, and Z34.

Miatas I can't speak for, because we have a few NAs and one NC, but not a single NB...

There are NB Miatas is GT5.

Back