Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Agreed. Or you will see every noob with a Bugatti engine in a Fiat. Unrealistic that's what that would make it. Funny but highly unrealistic

I don't think you saw my post about a cars rigidity. Certain cars would have certain levels of rigidity, allowing for a more powerful engine. You should also be able to reinforce the chassis and body to further increase rigidity.

I don't think you saw my post about a cars rigidity. Certain cars would have certain levels of rigidity, allowing for a more powerful engine. You should also be able to reinforce the chassis and body to further increase rigidity.

To expand upon this, you could also have a "bay size" for each car, and an "Engine size" for each engine. You can't put an engine into a car that has a smaller bay size than the engine size.

To expand upon this, you could also have a "bay size" for each car, and an "Engine size" for each engine. You can't put an engine into a car that has a smaller bay size than the engine size.

You should be able to expand the bay size for certain cars, seeing as some of them have tiny engines with tons of room for a bigger engine.

Engines should also add/remove weight depending on how heavy the original is and the replacement for it.

Interesting idea...

Like putting the fan on the back, but reverse it so it is taking in air instead of pushing it out. Then instead of creating tunnels to the undertray, put them to the engine...
Like a HUGE turbo being powered by a small electric motor. That would be a very interesting addition. I would love to see it.
Interesting idea...

Like putting the fan on the back, but reverse it so it is taking in air instead of

reverse it
Errrmmm...that would make reverse thrust, making the car go backwards lol. Not exactly what I was thinking. I was thinking that the vacuums in the undertray could pull in air into the turbocharger and increase power incredibly. The vacuums should also make cars faster overall in tight corners.

I'd like the ability to set all measurements in Customary Units or Metric. As it stands, I can have miles per hour, and the odometer reads in miles, yet the weight of the car is in kilograms. While I don't hate that; it has made me better at conversions, I do wish that I didn't have to constantly use Google to convert kilograms to pounds.

He understood my mind
me-gusta.jpg

More true to life things like correct car setups for cars that have road/track/race/snow/gravel switches. Plus actual Launch control especially when grid starts come back, and the ability to tune this control with the ECU. Example is TopSecrets tune GTR has a tweaked launch control thats 2500 above normal and sets off like a rocket!

i dont want there to be a wheel editor like Midnight Club L.A! If there was you'd see too many half witted rims the size of a fridge with almost no tires! UGLY AND SHOULD OF NEVER EXISTED ON EARTH! At least wheel types such as: Rally Offroad, Hillclimber, Dragster, Endurance, Drift, Street, Gran Turismo Custom, and other stuff.

A fulll wheel editor=not realistic=dim witted customizers=horrible wheels=putting only ones with sense out off the game.

Drivetrain conversions, engine swaps, dyno testing, custom paint jobs (vynils, decals .etc) changeable muffler (changes car sound too) tire blow outs, choose between No Blow Off Valve, VTA blow off valve and Recirculating Blow Of Valve with coresponding sounds (eg. No blow off valve = turbo flutter, VTA blow off valve = pressure release hiss sound) boost gauge, over boost damages engine, choose if you have intercoolers and what type (eg. front mount, side mount .etc) no intercooler = engine heats up and eventually over heats, upgradable brakes, option for more than 1 turbo, option for super turbo (super charger + turbo charger) option for clutch, be able to over heat clutch, custom build engines (eg. choose no of pistons, bore, stroke .etc) more realistic after/back fire, bigger flame from after/back fire, option for flame thrower kits, few different options for body kits, more rims and spoilers, better engine/exhaust sound, paint shop, all cars premium with cockpit, brake/e-brake pressure adjuster, able to adjust turbo pressure, ecu, pre-heat tires, option for blower (induction device that sticks out the bonnet), option to choose where the exhaust/muffle is (eg. stick out of the bonnet/quater pannels, run allong the side of the car .etc), flat spots in tires, louder turbo sounds that changes according to turbo size/type, louder blow off valve, able to start/stop engine, able to open the bonnet, doors .etc in photo mode. more tuning/upgrade options, free roam offroad mode with cars like landrover, jeep .etc with hi/lo range gear options, Neutral gear, better rally

Thats all I could think of off the top of my head.

Edit: Launch controll, ability to adjust RPM Limiter (if too high, engine destruction)

Last edited:
Make it so reverse isn't a button, it's a gear.
Have a full gearbox, including neutral and park, instead of just the forward gears.

1) AI that's up to current gen standards.
2) Tracks that aren't all smooth as glass and suspension that actually reacts to surface irregularities and curbs with more than a little bob in the visuals.
3) A long and satisfying career mode that focuses on fun, variety and challenge (via adjustable AI difficulty level). There should be absolutely no "repeat this race 100 times to earn enough money to buy the car required for the next race".
4) Engines that don't sound like radio controlled airplanes or pipe organs or stuff being run through a pitch shifter.
5) Livery editor.

gamerdog6482
Have a full gearbox, including neutral and park, instead of just the forward gears.

This is one of the best things I've seen yet. Hats off to you, sir. 👍

gamerdog6482

Well my car doesnt have park, just Neutral........... And a hand break. If you make it a gear then if you spin from 5th gear, on DS3 that would be 6 down changes to move, button is simplistic unless they make it so u hold down downshift to skip through (if you have wheel then no problems anyway)

zylacorps
This is one of the best things I've seen yet. Hats off to you, sir. 👍

Using 'park' and setting the handbrake would be extremely useful for photos on hills or chill in' on the track watching a race.

Using 'park' and setting the handbrake would be extremely useful for photos on hills or chill in' on the track watching a race.
You can always bring your car to a full stop without using the foot brake simply by using the handbrake after you've come to a full stop. That way, it will stay on, rather than turn off because the car is still in motion.

Besides, not all cars have park, what would be the point of it?

1241Penguin
You can always bring your car to a full stop without using the foot brake simply by using the handbrake after you've come to a full stop. That way, it will stay on, rather than turn off because the car is still in motion.

I had a feeling you or Simon would be back to hate on our ideas.

1241Penguin

This is very true.

1241Penguin

The point is options. I remember PD gave us the option of topdown motoring for convertibles. We have a wiper button but if we use a standard car, it doesn't work. What's the point there? Park would be for users who choose to drive automatics. The handbrake'hold' feature for manual drivers. Simple.

The point is options. I remember PD gave us the option of topdown motoring for convertibles. We have a wiper button but if we use a standard car, it doesn't work. What's the point there? Park would be for users who choose to drive automatics. The handbrake'hold' feature for manual drivers. Simple.
The "handbrake hold" thing works for all cars, fyi. There's no point in a windshield wiper button anyway, since the game turns it on and off automatically.

1241Penguin
The "handbrake hold" thing works for all cars, fyi. There's no point in a windshield wiper button anyway, since the game turns it on and off automatically.

I agree theres no need for the wiper button, but PD put it in there.

05XR8
I agree theres no need for the wiper button, but PD put it in there.

Well you can turn them off during race and go blind. Park is still unnecessary, every car can be auto or manual but handbrake is on every car so apply handbrake and park engages automatically, simply. Top down is a different story as you cant drop a hard top now but dropping a soft top/ tin top would be usefully.

I would like to have the ability to add AI when racing online with my friends to complete the field, with the possibility to tell AI what to drive, car, tyre type and PP as to be able to complete the field with meaningfull opposition.

I would like to have the ability to add AI when racing online with my friends to complete the field, with the possibility to tell AI what to drive, car, tyre type and PP as to be able to complete the field with meaningfull opposition.

Agreed!

Back