Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
Sorry if this has been brought up before, I skimmed the OP, but no luck. Most people will probably disagree. ........

*Same user as above, just changed my username*

Oops. Sorry, just scrolled through the OP again and seen helmet cam at the very end. How embarrassing :embarrassed:. Oh well, doesn't hurt to elaborate I guess.

Although this has been brought up before, I'd like to see different tire size options.

I remember Gran Turismo 1 listed the tire specs for each car. Every 10mm of width really made a difference between those 90s JDM rivals such as the R33 GTR and 3000GT/GTO.

I think one of the main reasons cars like the M3 CSL, NSX etc are so dominant online is because of their tire width relative to other cars. Take the Shelby GT350 Mustang for example. Granted it's much older, but changing the wheels in GT Auto still leaves the tires very narrow from what I remember. Compared to the 235/265 of the CSL.

What i would like to see is real crash physics and i want the cars to be able to be writen off. If you go into the wall at 200+ mph then i am sure the car would be dead.

All money spent on that car is now lost and you would have to go and buy a new one. This is for online play too. It would stop the silly crashers and bring it back to a total simulation.

For tuning, the ability to convert a car that is 2wd, to 4wd and for somewhere it will fit, put the engine in the back, for making your own rally cars

personally, i think it would be very cool if every car was premium (highly detailed interior and exterior, cockpit views on every car and could be bought in the car dealerships, and the used car dealerships sells just some of the normal dealership's cars at a time (can only be accessed while logged into profile, 10 cars, list changes every time you log in), just at lower prices, so if you get lucky, you can buy your favorite car at around half the original price.

What i would like to see is real crash physics and i want the cars to be able to be writen off. If you go into the wall at 200+ mph then i am sure the car would be dead.

All money spent on that car is now lost and you would have to go and buy a new one. This is for online play too. It would stop the silly crashers and bring it back to a total simulation.

This is my personal opinion but I still like your idea but I'd prefer it without having to pay for damage. Imagine paying for environmental damage too:scared:

That sort of thing in a simulator with hundreds of cars is years off I'm afraid. The cars will all have to be completely rebuilt/remodeled to allow heavier deformation. They could of course do it without visual deformation but it would look rather silly if your car is mostly intact but 'totalled'.

Also it won't stop crashers online. They don't care if they are destroyed, they just want you to be destroyed.

You only had to play GRID online to realise that was the case. I know that was an arcade game but the premise is still the same, they don't care that their race is ruined, for them it's a success if they wipe other people out.

You only had to play GRID online to realise that was the case. I know that was an arcade game but the premise is still the same, they don't care that their race is ruined, for them it's a success if they wipe other people out.

I hate people like that. Most of the time, they're children.

That sort of thing in a simulator with hundreds of cars is years off I'm afraid. The cars will all have to be completely rebuilt/remodeled to allow heavier deformation. They could of course do it without visual deformation but it would look rather silly if your car is mostly intact but 'totalled'.

Also it won't stop crashers online. They don't care if they are destroyed, they just want you to be destroyed.

Well then how did the standard cars get crushed?

No I'm really confused, premium cars barely have anything you could call damage, standard cars just don't have any damage, they're a single shell design.

SimonK
No I'm really confused, premium cars barely have anything you could call damage, standard cars just don't have any damage, they're a single shell design.

They warp. Ok bare with me on this ahahha. Ok picture a huge handful of silly putty. Roll it into a perfect ball then punch it. The warped and dent look is how the standard cars damage.

Ok yeah I know that but that isn't exactly what I'd call damage and nothing like what was insinuated with the original post asking for race ending damage. That's why I was confused when someone then said what about standards, as if they already have race ending visual damage.

So what I said still stands, if you want race ending visual damage the models are all going to have to be re-modeled extensively, probably from scratch.

SimonK
Ok yeah I know that but that isn't exactly what I'd call damage and nothing like what was insinuated with the original post asking for race ending damage. That's why I was confused when someone then said what about standards, as if they already have race ending visual damage.

So what I said still stands, if you want race ending visual damage the models are all going to have to be re-modeled extensively, probably from scratch.

I pretty much agree with you 100%

Pretty much the way i see it though. I know you didn't like my opinion about this subject before last time I brought it up. But basically I am not really worried about damage considering that GT5 is the first GT game with damage. So i am used to it not even being there.

On a final note pretty much if they're going to put damage in GT 6 they better just do it to do it right or don't do it all. Pretty much my opinion

So many cool things but if we're being realistic here then don't expect to see GT6 until 2020:crazy: They really do need to add more realism though. What I want to see next game includes:
-If you run out of gas you actually stop.
-Your car wears down depending how you use it
-More customization options for sure but none of that window tinting neon adding hydraulics stuff ( play midnight club LA if you want that) adding fog lights spoilers grilles and more carbon parts would be nice though.
-AUDI quattro 82' RALLY CAR or Pikes Peak PLEASE
-More rally events and offroad racing (no buggy's or quads)
-More interactive B Spec (if they don't remove it) maybe even letting you control the driver for certain periods of time (just an idea)
-MORE DAMAGE (oil leaks broken windshields blown tires )

THECaptainsAUDI
So many cool things but if we're being realistic here then don't expect to see GT6 until 2020:crazy: They really do need to add more realism though. What I want to see next game includes:
-If you run out of gas you actually stop.
-Your car wears down depending how you use it
-More customization options for sure but none of that window tinting neon adding hydraulics stuff ( play midnight club LA if you want that) adding fog lights spoilers grilles and more carbon parts would be nice though.
-AUDI quattro 82' RALLY CAR or Pikes Peak PLEASE
-More rally events and offroad racing (no buggy's or quads)
-More interactive B Spec (if they don't remove it) maybe even letting you control the driver for certain periods of time (just an idea)
-MORE DAMAGE (oil leaks broken windshields blown tires )

Don't forget blown engines.

But about the rally racing... Honestly the rally tracks in GT5 are garbage. If they do something like Dirt did (as in track detail) then yes if not why even put in rally cars

I totally agree with you I loved dirt rally courses the ones in GT5 are all fairly bland and similar so I don't spend as much time as I would like to rallying. They really do need to improve the damage it would make endurance and night racing so much more dangerous and exciting!

I'd love to have two GT Auto's to choose from: a standard menu or a first person walkaround , where you'd pick items off of shelves, look at them and put them back if you don't want them. Controls could be left stick for forward, backward left strafe and right strafe and the usual look up, down, left or right, with X for select item and O to put back. The details on the back of the item packs could zoom into the whole screen with diagrams , price and barcodes, etc. Then you could walk over to the till and have the funny little GT Auto man nod at you and put a credit card and punch in a PIN, then have the GT Auto man nod once again, bag the item, hand it to you, then you walk walk out into a generic street, then fade back to the menu.

Reduced reliability at higher power.
If you have significantly increased the power of the engine of the car, then the resource and reliability should be reduced, even more so if you have not strengthened the gearbox or transmission.

I'd love to have two GT Auto's to choose from: a standard menu or a first person walkaround , where you'd pick items off of shelves, look at them and put them back if you don't want them. Controls could be left stick for forward, backward left strafe and right strafe and the usual look up, down, left or right, with X for select item and O to put back. The details on the back of the item packs could zoom into the whole screen with diagrams , price and barcodes, etc. Then you could walk over to the till and have the funny little GT Auto man nod at you and put a credit card and punch in a PIN, then have the GT Auto man nod once again, bag the item, hand it to you, then you walk walk out into a generic street, then fade back to the menu.

:crazy:

I can't believe that is a serious suggestion.

EliteDoom

This just got real.

But no just no. Too much flash. It just isn't necessary

THECaptainsAUDI
I totally agree with you I loved dirt rally courses the ones in GT5 are all fairly bland and similar so I don't spend as much time as I would like to rallying. They really do need to improve the damage it would make endurance and night racing so much more dangerous and exciting!

Yep i mean just the track design. Epic.

I am probably going to play it in a few haha

Last edited:
I would love the option to "come up through the ranks." You would get to start out a s a dirt Kart racer and move up, racing faster and faster cars. Take out B-spec and liscense test, they use up too much space and are basically just useless. Plus the idea to fight when the race is over if you feel somebody did you wrong ( you would get penalized 25K, but if you think it's worth it you can.)

Ability to create a fictional car.

Ability to create super fuel dragsters and funny cars.

In arcade mode you can chose from your garage what cars you want to race
aginst ie(go up aginst cars in your garage).

Every car has a unique sound.

Can make tracks in track editor have straights over 40 miles at a 30 degree angle downwords and have camber angles on corners 40 degrees.

Dackcar racing.

Extream crosswinds and debri on the tracks if there was a bad storm.

Truck racing.

Cars can flip over when they come out of slip-stream like what happened at lm24h with the merc.

Joker laps like they do in rallycross.

Ability to combine suitable cars together (they dont have to be the same make) like what they did with the sileighty.

Have over 40 cars racing aginst you like in lm24h races.

In arcade mode you can go to b spec mode and see how your cars would do aginst your other cars,

They should add a more interactive leveling system, we would be able to unlock new parts accessories and other interesting stuff not just cars and tracks. Take away some of the standard cars (for example yesterday while playing I was in the UCD only to find that there was a Mitsubishi GTO 97' and a Mitsubishi GTO 99', I thought it was some joke I mean after looking at the stats, which were the same I read the description which was also the same. There were also two identical R33's except one was older than the other, again same stats and description this time as well as colour.) Why do that when instead you could just put in one premium version of the car or only one of those cars, vice versa why include standard models of cars we already have premium (like all those lancers). :grumpy: really hope they sort out the whole standard premium thing, I'm not asking for every car to be premium just at least improve the textures and those jagged edges. I can't stress it enough though IMPROVE OFF ROAD DRIVING :D . Also I just saw two versions of the Peagout rally car one was 1985 the other 1986, there was a tiny difference in HP and cost but apparently that makes them completely different. I love that car as it shared the Group B glory (it won the last Group B championship) and handles well so why not just make one premium version :ouch:

Back