Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
*Day of release, eager GT fan wants to see the newly modeled cars for himself.... receives first car to start their career, turns out to be a Standard Version of the Veyron......

Ultimate Rage Ensues.

please please PLEASE no standard cars, everything should be premium, with interiors and stuff. And better crash physics (and you can total your car for the race with big crashes, so idiots online won't go slamming into others)

I just hope more cars become paintable in GT6, I was annoyed that I couldn't paint my Audi R8 LMS even though there's no livery on it while I was able to paint my Lexus IS-F Racing Concept.

hellzgate169
please please PLEASE no standard cars, everything should be premium, with interiors and stuff. And better crash physics (and you can total your car for the race with big crashes, so idiots online won't go slamming into others)

But idiots online WILL go ramming other players, even if it's going to total their car

I would definately like to see some engine swapping allowed, more wheel selection and go backto being able to put them on any car. Also choose what size and offset you want. I'd like a little more realization as far as cornering... I was playing the other night and I had the C7 with soft comfort tires on Nurburgring and I had to slow to 30 something to make a turn that should easily be a 70 mph turn. Talk about frustrating. I'd like to see smaller aftermarket companies as well as the big dogs, more realistic sounds after engine and exhaust changes...hell in general. I read the first post on this thread and its really hard to expound on that...

Amazing thread ... I hope PD are watching this as they plan out the new title.
anyways , I have a few suggestions here:

Online:
Stats central: each player has his stats saved and can be viewed by other players: common rankings, mean rankings, winning percentage ect...
Game counts number of times you quit. The players who quit more are put on a waiting list longer before getting into a race.
Championships : Players who quit during the championship are penalized by one way or anothr.
That pink slip idea of yours... just want to reinforce it ... awesome ( Id lose all my cars but would still be an awesome game)

Gameplay: blow your engine and dammage from revving is a good idea.

Car selection: Please please please make it more balanced. I hardly ever drive any japanese car in this game apart from my GTR. That really limits my choices lol

Wheels: IF they make a new wheel, it should have a string on it or something so that when you leave it after a strong turn, it goes back to the default position quickly as in real life...

Also Clan center like in Battlelog for battlefield, only its racing teams that are formed to play endurance races... they time it so that each player goes to the pit in order to be replaced by his teammate when he gets there ... would be beyond awesome.

GAMEPLAY- Customization

Able to save custom livery's in save slots and able to apply the same livery on other cars.

Not possible, each car has a map which a livery is applied to, they're not interchangeable because the maps are completely different for each to fit the model. What they can do though is what Forza does, allow you to save groups so you save logos and certain shapes for use on more than one car. Whole liveries though, not possible.

I was wondering if anyone would like this idea, GPS file (.gpx) upload to create a new track.

So you could bring your phone with a GPS app to a track and record your laps to a GPS file, then upload it to GT when you get home, GT will then it build your track based on the file you uploaded.

You can also drive your favorite mountain road and do the same thing. This way we won't get stuck with the random track build and hope for the best.

You can still choose your environment, forest, desert etc.

What do you guys think, or maybe somebody posted this idea already. :)

tinram
I was wondering if anyone would like this idea, GPS file (.gpx) upload to create a new track.

So you could bring your phone with a GPS app to a track and record your laps to a GPS file, then upload it to GT when you get home, GT will then it build your track based on the file you uploaded.

You can also drive your favorite mountain road and do the same thing. This way we won't get stuck with the random track build and hope for the best.

You can still choose your environment, forest, desert etc.

What do you guys think, or maybe somebody posted this idea already. :)

IMO its a very good idea.... except, I have no idea of how they're going to make that possible.

It should be possible in a PlayStation Vita or Orbis GT title as those systems are made to multi-task from the offset.

It'll be possible in the sense that you'd be able to use the system's built-in web browser to check in on GTPlanet, but the chances of GTP access being built into GT itself is unlikely. Only because we're an unofficial website; Sony has no control over what happens here, and they also have their own community forums. Despite GTP garnering far more web traffic than those, you could imagine they'd be a bit hesitant to promote us over their own ;).

All "realism" aspects that involve damage and that are going to be put into the game should be completely optional. This makes it so those who are bound to crash won't rage and those who want realism get what they want.

Not possible, each car has a map which a livery is applied to, they're not interchangeable because the maps are completely different for each to fit the model. What they can do though is what Forza does, allow you to save groups so you save logos and certain shapes for use on more than one car. Whole liveries though, not possible.

It does work. It works on Auto Club Revolution.

I remember there being a very similar thread by the same name before GT5 came out that became very popular. For some reason I can't find it. Hopefully this is OK with mods, if not, just close it.
SNIP

Honestly this is to much and would make GT6 no Fun Honestly. but i do agree on some things

Last edited by a moderator:
For the love of....don't quote that entire post!

Ok. Type in Auto CLub Revolution on Google. Click on their website and make an account. This is a free webrowser racing simulator and you can do this. go on!

I'm not going to go and register myself, show me how it works because I know how liveries work on PC sims I play and what you're suggesting just couldn't work. I mean if you design a livery around a certain car and then transfer it to a completely different car with a different shape, different wheelbase etc how is anything going to fit?

I'm not going to go and register myself, show me how it works because I know how liveries work on PC sims I play and what you're suggesting just couldn't work. I mean if you design a livery around a certain car and then transfer it to a completely different car with a different shape, different wheelbase etc how is anything going to fit?

Ok. Basically you put livery on a 3D car but the actual skins are just squares for the livery. Basically because of this you can put the livery on any car.

You can do that on midnight club LA, it saves it as template and you adjust to suit the car shape and wheelbase

They must be only basic liveries though with simple shapes because it's pretty obvious you can't design a livery to fit for example a Porsche 911 and then just slap the same thing onto a Buick GNX without heavy modifications. It's much more logical to just design a new livery for each car.

They must be only basic liveries though with simple shapes because it's pretty obvious you can't design a livery to fit for example a Porsche 911 and then just slap the same thing onto a Buick GNX without heavy modifications. It's much more logical to just design a new livery for each car.

Well its works on midnight club and I made a replia of the Martini Ford Focus WRC Rally Car and then put it on a Chevy Bel Air.

It works and you cant deny it and admit you're wrong.

It might have worked but logic dictates you had to move everything around which means it's basically the same as the Forza system where you can save a livery group for use on other cars. There is still no way you can move a whole livery IN ONE PIECE and apply it to another car with no adjustments. It just isn't physically possible.

Latest Posts

Back