Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
In what way does GT5 get progressively harder? The AI are the same drones throughout A-Spec, the only thing that makes anything 'hard' is having the right car for the task.

Difficulty settings are not for female lady parts, they're a great way to give everyone a good challenge in a game. Hard settings for those that like a challenge, easy for those that aren't as good. I know when I play a first person shooter I never play them on hard or above because I'm not good enough, I wouldn't enjoy a game that forced me to play it at very high difficulty, likewise one that is too easy. GT5 is too easy with the exception of the time trials but they're only you against the game.

Welll I thinkit should just progress without difficulty setting. The pro's will be true pro's.

20000000 posts? Nobody's going to read this.

Anyway, I'd like to have sector time trials. Instead of doing full laps and getting the time, you can create your own challenge/sector of a track and keep practicing it until you're satisfied. The sector can be one corner, or more. Like the license tests.

Looks like with this list, Polyphony is never going to release this game! All the features are fun, but it's going to take forever to set this in a game...

We need a rewards system that not only utilizes the current method of using a calculation to determine how many bonus credits you get based upon how much slower your vehicle was than the AI opposition in the seasonal events, but also takes a page out of the book of Forza, and allows even more credits to be earned determined by the difficulty settings you choose.

That's a good idea actually. I would like to earn more credits if I took assists off such as Traction Control and Skid Recovery Force or if the AI skill becomes more difficult. It would make GT6 more interesting and challenging.

Welll I thinkit should just progress without difficulty setting. The pro's will be true pro's.

So basically, everyone has to make do with the same difficulty level?
That's like rounding up an Formula 1 driver and a soccer mom and telling them they all have to drive a Honda Civic, and they'll all be racing against a group of similar cars. Yes, the Formula 1 driver's gonna be the pro here, but there's no challenge for him, so it's boring. Meanwhile, soccer mom's having a hard time at the challenge, so she's getting discouraged. If there was an adjustable difficulty setting, the Formula 1 driver could challenge himself and have fun, the soccer mom could race against an easy batch of cars and have a good time. Do you see what I'm saying?

-No bspec!!!!!!!! Just double our aspec races.
-More era races
-diesel trucks, with realistic upgrades, and power. (1800HP/3000tq cummins? **** yeah)
-redo the car roster, sick of seeing a billion of the same car. Just leave the sport model and call it good. No base models if sport models exist (supra rz, nsx-r, rx7 rz... No lower tier of the same car, its a racing game, we're not buying ****ing groceries.
-increase ai difficulty
-make races longer once you hit pro seasons, more races per cup (10Ish not 2-5)

PD should maybe implement license plates like in Midnight Club but except globally, for every country, region or maybe city.

More in depth career mode, make it more personal and realistic to real life, a tutorial to show newbies the basics of driving, don't know how many 10 yr olds I see in lobbies driving around looking like they should be playing need for speed or somethin

I'd like them to be more fair to the Tank Car in general. Its' kinda unfair when everyone can completely lap you even when you meet the PP ceiling.

An event to drive my GT 300 cars in, championship style... And a WTCC type championship. There are so many great low horsepower racecars in GT5 but no events to compete with them.

I would like to have a city (instead of a menu of the dealrships) where I could drive arround to the dealership (tuner) I wanted and by a car. Leave with the new car and the previous automaticaly sent to the garage (a warehouse where we could keep all aour cars and we could walk around and take some photos too...)

Everywhere in this "city" could be shooted in Photomode...

I'm sorry for my bad english but I'm tierd and almost sleeping :X

Since I don't have the time or money to do such a thing... I'd like PD to include all types of transportation, including j-walking pedestrians. Update-able mapping of all streets and traffic lighting. And don't forget intellegent race stewardship and traffic policing.

Run the track on foot/"noclip" (flying) in-game, with as less limits as possible.

That's what pro drivers do (when they can) to learn track layouts and conditions to the max, and most importantly it's a great way for players to realize how much details are on GT5's (6) tracks and photomode locations. Also it'd be awesome for taking real time pictures (mid race) and have an overall sense of freedom that GT5 severely lacks (for example it's bizarre having to do a bug to take car interior pictures)

-they need the ability to fine tune the engine more than what they have

-they need more parts available per each creating the best hp or best performance

-they shouldnt limit certain cars to only superchargers, or turbos or NA

-they should eliminate all the stupid duplicates of the same car, we dont need 8 different skylines with only a marginal difference (i get a regular gtr and a v spec but not every freaking model and its mother)

-the should allow engine swaps

-they should bring in more important muscle cars from the history of American vehicles

-they should allow for tire smoke in 2 player arcade

-they should bring back Infineon as a track(or sears point or whatever it shall be named) as well as Seattle circuit

-bring in thunder hill (track)

-allow for more body modifications to more cars. (cowl hoods for muscle cars etc)

-they should allow tire width and height adjustments(like the old midnight club but less cartoony)

allow for more wheel options on all cars(or at least go back to allowing the purchase of wheels off the other vehicles)

that is what i can think of for now.

As a real life racer/autocrosser/LeMons idiot, I beg Polyphony to upgrade the physics. I have loved GT since I bought the first one on the day it came out. But the physics are not very realistic compared to other (PC based) sims, or real life. I don't care for those sims and would love to go back to knowing that I had the best sim on my Playstation.
Also, PD needs to upgrade the tire sounds. Listening to the tires is a good way to determine how close you are to your cornering limits, and especially important when you can't feel the g-forces like you can in reality. There are crappy arcade racers that trump GT in this area, and we deserve the best sim. Gran Turismo is still the best game, but for GT6, Kaz and company need to go for the kill!

I bet this is a re-wish. I'm not reading the whole thread though.

We really need to see some quality wheel manufacturers in GT6.

The likes of -
Ronal
OZ
Gotti
Zender
Rotiform
Hayashi
Exip
Work Equip
Impul
Compomotive
Foose
Much larger selection of BBS wheels (E, RM, LM, CH and RS 00 series etc)

And, it probably goes without saying, we need to be able to sort the spacing, offsets and tyre profile properly so the wheels and cars can look their best.

One of my favourite features of GT4 was part of the arcade mode. It was how all the cars unlocked in career mode were presented by country and make, it really showed off the vast number and diversity of cars in the game.
Arcade mode also allowed for choice of the colours and tyres for the car chosen (in its stock form) unlike GT5 where you are stuck with a small selection of set arcade cars and your one colour favourites (GT4 still included player selected favourites with all their modifications).
This made collecting cars that bit more enjoyable as you could share them with your friends while playing split screen.

If you have ever played Mario Kart the best part of the game is split screen. I know Gran Turismo games are supposed to be simulators but I think they should also be enjoyable to play with friends in a split screen mode (something GT5 is defiantly not).
Mario Kart Wii includes a point scoring championship model similar to Formula 1 and it really makes spilt screen more involving.
SelectingCars.jpg
0.jpg

---PIT CREW---

Pit crew who actually operate pneumatic/hydraulic jacks.
More crew for tire change (Tire changers usually consist of 2-3 men for each tire, depending on race series).
Independent pit crew renders based on type of car used(Civilian, NASCAR, F1, LMP, etc).

---PIT CREW---

Pit crew who actually operate pneumatic/hydraulic jacks.
More crew for tire change (Tire changers usually consist of 2-3 men for each tire, depending on race series).
Independent pit crew renders based on type of car used(Civilian, NASCAR, F1, LMP, etc).

Didnt PD say something about how hard it is to create a pitcrew (for each track, for each dimension, in each race series, for each type of car) think what we got is basic but enough (just needed on every track)

Would be nice to have B-spec drivers actually get in and out of the car instead of magically vaporising and appearing in the drivers seat.

Here's an idea I recently thought up. So, anyone who has played GT5 online knows how cars will "ghost" when that player pauses the game. I was just thinking, it looks odd to see a semi-visible car sitting on the side of the road, or sometimes even in the middle. So I think that in GT6 online mode, whenever you, or other players pause the game, a little indicator should appear next to the screen-name, letting people know that a person is paused. Not only that, but the car should remain visible, or, "unghosted", so that it just looks like a parked car. However, in order to prevent the car from being damaged or messed with, there should be a feature that allows the car to be invincible while paused, or maybe even capable of being driven through.

And just one more thing I might add in; I think there should also be an indicator next to the screen-name whenever someone is typing a message or using a microphone, instead of only seeing it in the lobby menu. That's all. :)

zylacorps
Here's an idea I recently thought up. So, anyone who has played GT5 online knows how cars will "ghost" when that player pauses the game. I was just thinking, it looks odd to see a semi-visible car sitting on the side of the road, or sometimes even in the middle. So I think that in GT6 online mode, whenever you, or other players pause the game, a little indicator should appear next to the screen-name, letting people know that a person is paused. Not only that, but the car should remain visible, or, "unghosted", so that it just looks like a parked car. However, in order to prevent the car from being damaged or messed with, there should be a feature that allows the car to be invincible while paused, or maybe even capable of being driven through.

And just one more thing I might add in; I think there should also be an indicator next to the screen-name whenever someone is typing a message or using a microphone, instead of only seeing it in the lobby menu. That's all. :)

I do love the second idea. They had that in dirt 2 and dirt 3. Only problem it would pick up in other people's mics too. But i noticed whoever started talking first their name went to the top of the screen others underneath them.

Back